PDA

View Full Version : Earliest Diplomancer?

Story
2013-03-02, 12:39 PM
What is the earliest that you can do a Diplomancer?

It looks like you can do it at level 2, but it will probably be very difficult to pull off at level 1.

Here's what I came up with, though I'm probably missing a lot

Edit: Updated to include the Illiterate trait. Since you can only start with two traits, this assumes you are allowed to acquire another trait at level 2. The only stated restriction is once every five levels, so it should work. The extra +1 means that it can now convert everyone to Helpful without rolling.

Old Magic Blooded Half Elf
Abilities: 22 CHA
Traits: Illiterate, Honest, Polite

Class: Binder 1/Marshal 1

Feats:
Complimentary Insight
Negotiator
Sacred Vow
Skill Focus (Diplomacy) - bonus

Skills:
Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge (N&R), Sense Motive 5

Other:
Clebdecher Glammerweave outfit

Total bonuses
Ability: +6
Ranks: +5
Synergy: +9 (Complimentary Insight gives +3)
Racial: +2
Motivate Charisma Aura: +6
Skill Focus: +3
Negotiator: +2
Sacred Vow: +2
Traits: +3
Glammerweave: +2

Total: 40

Binding Naberius lets you take 10 and make the check as a standard action with no penalty.

So at level 2, you can convert Hostile to Helpful in a single round.

Gazzien
2013-03-03, 04:17 PM
Except for one problem... Friendly Face doesn't apply to creatures that are already [Hostile] to you...

EDIT: Complimentary Insight is also Half-Elf only...

Story
2013-03-03, 06:51 PM
EDIT: Complimentary Insight is also Half-Elf only...

Oops, I missed that part. Oh well, it's easily changed. The Half Elf racial bonus makes up for the lost CHA anyway.

Gazzien
2013-03-03, 08:24 PM
There's a second kind of Glamerweave (name escapes me) that's +2 instead of +1, but costs 500gp instead of 100gp.

Greenish
2013-03-03, 08:50 PM
There's a second kind of Glamerweave (name escapes me) that's +2 instead of +1, but costs 500gp instead of 100gp.Clebdecher Glamerweave, from Sharn - The City of Towers.

[Edit]: It will also make you look fabulous.

Story
2013-03-04, 02:35 AM
Ahh, so that's where it's from. I saw someone mention it here but I couldn't find it.

Socratov
2013-03-04, 02:37 AM
for a third level I'd advice 1 lvl of warlock with the Beguiling influence invocation: +6 untyped bonus always on...

TaiLiu
2013-03-04, 02:43 AM
for a third level I'd advice 1 lvl of warlock with the Beguiling influence invocation: +6 untyped bonus always on...
...Then dip a level of Marshal for the Skill Focus and Minor Aura...

Socratov
2013-03-04, 02:48 AM
...Then dip a level of Marshal for the Skill Focus and Minor Aura...

that allready was the second level. I'd advice on taking bardlevels after since bards have a few socially focused spells that help diplomancing a great deal.

This is definately a build-a-jedi- thread (especially if you boost bluff along with it) You'd only need some form of telekinesis to finish the build...

TaiLiu
2013-03-04, 02:50 AM
that allready was the second level.

I... I don't know how I missed that.

Story
2013-03-04, 02:52 AM
that allready was the second level. I'd advice on taking bardlevels after since bards have a few socially focused spells that help diplomancing a great deal.

This is definately a build-a-jedi- thread (especially if you boost bluff along with it) You'd only need some form of telekinesis to finish the build...

For 700gp, you can get Mage Hand at will.

Also added Clebdecher Glammerweave. That means I only need +1 more to get to Helpful.

Socratov
2013-03-04, 03:09 AM
well, get 1 extra level and add in warlock for beguiling influence and you can get them helpful for sure, maybe even fanatic at some times.

Gazzien
2013-03-04, 11:55 AM
I'm sure there's a spell somewhere for another +1 with a long duration.

Lonely Tylenol
2013-03-04, 12:01 PM
Might as well be Unseelie Fey as well. It's a +2 CHA template with a LA of +0.

Evil fast-talker? What are you even talking about? :smallwink:

EDIT: While we're on the topic of fey-themed bonuses, Nymph's Kiss is a +2 to all CHA-based checks, which includes Diplomacy (among many others), if you could swing the extra feat (or replace an inferior one). Probably not compatible with Unseelie Fey, however.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-04, 12:12 PM
Lesser Aasimar is compatible and also has a +2 CHA.

Story
2013-03-04, 01:10 PM
Actually, the original version was Lesser Aasimar, but I had to change it to Half Elf in order to qualify for Complimentary Insight.

Unless there's a +CHA race that also gets a racial bonus or bonus feat, I think Half Elf is the way to go.