PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Finesse

sambouchah
2013-03-02, 02:59 PM
I have a character who demoralizes a foe and proceeds to chop through them and got to thinking, how can I make this better? So I decided to start work on a build that will make a horrifying, serial killer, madman.

Lesser Drow, Barbarian-2/Rogue-2/Fighter-4/Avenging Executioner-5/Master of Chains-1

Any fixes you can think of? Changes in the classes or progression, race, anything that could make him scarier?

Thanks, Sam

Xervous
2013-03-02, 03:03 PM
I'm no expert, but I've seen Zhenatrim fighter sub levels, up to level 10, make for a ridiculous SCARE EVERYONE sort of build. Namely, it can cause fear in an AoE.... part of my mind is telling me it happens when he attacks, but I could be wrong.

silverwolfer
2013-03-02, 03:15 PM
Hmm...you have SLA's so maybe dreadful wrath feat

Phelix-Mu
2013-03-02, 03:44 PM
I hope you are using Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark. Extremely nice for the Intimidate build.

I believe that there is a skill trick called Never Outnumbered that allows simultaneous intimidation of multiple enemies (keep in mind that a skill trick can only be used once per encounter, but still, very effective).

sambouchah
2013-03-02, 04:40 PM
I hope you are using Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark. Extremely nice for the Intimidate build.

I believe that there is a skill trick called Never Outnumbered that allows simultaneous intimidation of multiple enemies (keep in mind that a skill trick can only be used once per encounter, but still, very effective).

I was planning on using both

Phelix-Mu
2013-03-02, 05:00 PM
Glad to hear it.

The rest might not be useful, but maybe you would be interested in options.

If you have the dragonblood subtype, you can pick up a draconic aura for presence that will scale with level. It gives bonuses to several skills, including Intimidate. One level in Dragon Lord (Dragon Magic) will also get you a draconic aura, but that PrC offers a different advancement of the aura, which won't be so useful with a dip. If you want a Dragon Lord character, 8 levels gets you a very useful Intimidate mechanic.

Scarlet Corsair 5 also gains an AoE Intimidate mechanic, very powerful.

Ghost-faced killer can scare people as part of it's Frightful Attack ability, but it's limited in uses/day (and only becomes available at 3rd).

Intimidating Rage is a good feat, if you still have rage from the barbarian levels.

Daunting Presence in Libris Mortis is similar to Intimidate to demoralize a foe, but it might be different enough to allow some synergy.

gorfnab
2013-03-02, 07:29 PM
The Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809)