PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Appropriate magic items?

Jeivar
2013-03-02, 03:27 PM
I'm running a Pathfinder campaign for the very first time. The players are about to break out of a besieged elven city on a mission to prevent an antipaladin from becoming a living god upon the earth. Obviously, that would be a Bad Thing, so this mission is kind of important. I can't get away with having my Galadriel stand-in NOT giving them magic items, I'm just wondering what would be appropriate.

They are level six; two fighters, a paladin, a ranger and a witch/rogue. I'm thinking one item per person, plus two vials containing water from the Pool of Life (True Resurrection).

Advice?

Baroncognito
2013-03-02, 04:38 PM
What do they have already?

Jeivar
2013-03-02, 04:52 PM
What do they have already?

An adamantine dwarven waraxe, a shield with special protection against missiles, a goblin bane longsword, the witch/rogue has a ring, amulet and bracers which all give +1 armor class and a cloak of elvenkind. I don't have all the sheets with me, but I think that's about it for notable items.

Urpriest
2013-03-02, 05:06 PM
In general, it's a good idea to average about one standard treasure per CR-appropriate monster. How many no-treasure fights are you willing/planning to use to offset what Galadriel is giving the party? Once we've got an idea of that then we can use that to figure out a budget, and look for interesting items in that budget.

Jeivar
2013-03-02, 05:11 PM
In general, it's a good idea to average about one standard treasure per CR-appropriate monster. How many no-treasure fights are you willing/planning to use to offset what Galadriel is giving the party? Once we've got an idea of that then we can use that to figure out a budget, and look for interesting items in that budget.

Offset? I don't have a number in my head, but they are headed for an underground goblin kingdom for a showdown with the king (who will have at least one or two goodies), followed by a journey along a river in the Underdark. They'll have at least one encounter along the way, but I'll let circumstances and pacing decide.
I'm mostly giving them items because, well, with so much at stake she WOULD give them something to help them out. There is no way around it.

Raven777
2013-03-02, 05:25 PM
Why not milk the Galadriel shtick all the way and give them each a Cloak of Resistance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-resistance) or an Amulet of Natural Armor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-natural-armor) shaped like a leaf? A +2 magnitude should be good for 6th level characters.