PDA

View Full Version : Help with a survival horror campaign?

aphoticConniver
2013-03-02, 04:30 PM
I'm trying to figure out what classes to allow in a low-magic survival horror campaign. Here's what I have:

Factotum
Warblade
(Divine spellcasting class)

That's really all I have right now. I want to make it T3/4, and none of my players are optimizers.

RedDragons
2013-03-02, 04:32 PM
May I suggest a google of the tier list, and to allow tier 3 and below?

aphoticConniver
2013-03-02, 04:37 PM
May I suggest a google of the tier list, and to allow tier 3 and below?

I would do a blanket approval, but I was hoping to tailor the class selection to the theme of the campaign more. The campaign being an undead-filled survival.

RedDragons
2013-03-02, 04:44 PM
Honestly if you are allowing factotum and tome of battle, I see no need to tailor it. Characters will tailor to your campaign not the classes.

aphoticConniver
2013-03-02, 04:50 PM
Honestly if you are allowing factotum and tome of battle, I see no need to tailor it. Characters will tailor to your campaign not the classes.

That's just the thing. I don't know whether I want to include ToB or not. I mean, I figured Factotum would work well as a replacement for Rogue, seeing as Sneak Attack is neutered without certain feats/spells.

This boils down to pretty much 3 main questions I have:

1: Should I allow ToB? Or is it too powerful?
2: What class should be used as a healing class?
3: Are there any classes, >T3, that really wouldn't make sense in such a campaign, like a Rogue?

Sorry, to come off as annoying, I just have little experience campaigning using Tiers as a base for power level.