PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder)Hybrid Archtypes

SuperJudge
2013-03-02, 07:21 PM
I have discovered the Hybrid Archetypes in 101 simple archetypes by Rite Publishing. For anyone not familiar with them they basically allow you take a spell caster to level 5 and then chose a second class. The 2nd class becomes an additional favored class and every level in the 2nd class stacks for spells per day/known and caster level. For example a 5 wizard/5 magus would have class abilities of a level 5 magus and the spell casting as a level 10 wizard.

I like the idea of the 5 magus/wiz for spell combat and spellstrike with an expanded spell list. Or 5 psion/cryptic for the INT synergy and Branding Pattern (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/cryptic/cryptic-insights#TOC-Branding-Pattern-Su-). A level 6 Brutal Disruptor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/cryptic/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/brutal-disruptor) Cryptic combined with 4 levels of any melee class would be nice too.

What other good combinations can you guys think of?

Forgot to mention the characters start at level 10.

rockdeworld
2013-03-02, 07:49 PM
I'm not familiar with this system, can the second class be a prestige class? Because it would be awesome to go Wizard 5/Veiled Illusionist 10 to double up on spellcasting advancement and cast as a 20th level wizard at level 13. Heck, even without doubling up Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 10 would be worthwhile with full spellcasting.

Otherwise Sorcerer 5/Paladin 15 is a good old standby that gets 9th level spells and BAB 17, and they're both classes that got a bunch of upgrades in PF. Wizard 5/Cleric 15 is a bit MAD, but probably makes a decent theurge, getting 9th level arcane spells and 8th level divine.

I rather like the idea of a Cleric/Gunslinger, or Sorcerer/Mysterious Stranger, since I imagine the casting gives them a bit of a buff. That's pure speculation though. Of the two, the Sorcerer/MS is less MAD, since Dex is a dump stat for clerics.

SuperJudge
2013-03-02, 07:58 PM
Prestige classes aren't aloud, neither are multiple hybrid archetypes. Multiple spellcasters are aloud however so 5 sorc/5 oracle could work and be less MAD. I was looking more toward gish than dual casters tho.

5 cleric or other any spell caster combined with 5 gunslinger would be nice too. That way you can get +DEX to dmg with firearms and can devote all spell casting to buffs/control. With firearms targeting touch AC the loss in BAB isn't so bad either.

edit: You added Cleric/Gunslinger right before me :P