PDA

View Full Version : The coolest cart in town

Glimworm
2013-03-02, 08:26 PM
Recently, I've rediscovered the bard as a fun class to play and I finally found myself a DM that really rewards social intrigue, salesmanship and general talky-play without making it a big gamechanger. The character drives around the countryside with the party on his caravan with his trusty mule, selling stuff from it at fairs and propping up a little podium and canvas roof from the cart for music and pantomime shows.

Sort of like this:
http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/000/000/040/894_2.jpg

The caravan is his only real posession, so he wants to be able to keep it with him during all adventures and at the same time upgrade it (Beyond the daily alarm cast on it). Any suggestions how to use low-level and relatively cheap magic to get an enormous amount of awesome added to this caravan?

So far, we thought of a 1/day Tensers Floating Disk item, to levitate the cart over water and other difficult terain, but I bet there's more awesome options.

The only point is : It's gotta be cheap and low-level. The stats:

lvl 5 bard, craft wondrous items feat, spell list includes:
(0)
- Prestedigitation
- Detect magic
- Ghost sound
- Read magic
- Light
- Mage hand
(1)
- Alarm
- Charm person
- Improvisation
(2)
- Alter self
- Entice gift

Next to that, a 5th level cleric and a 5th level wizard (focused conjurer) is available to help with spells.

And any spell that my character cannot cast, could still be bought on scroll and UMD'd, so the biggest bound is the budget and creative ways to use low-level spells :)