PDA

View Full Version : Skill monkey feat for wizard?

MonkeySage
2013-03-03, 12:41 AM
My DM mentioned a feat that my skill monkey wizard could take so that all skills cost only 1 point to boost. He didn't tell me which feat it is, or where I could find it, but if it exists, I'm interested.
Currently, my wizard is the party chef, a bartender, a waiter, and a non magical doctor(in the absense of clerics and druids).
I am not interested in taking a bard level just for the skill monkey aspect of it, same goes for rogue...

Slipperychicken
2013-03-03, 12:42 AM
Able Learner. Races of Destiny page 150. Requires human or doppelganger. It must be taken at 1st level, just ask the DM if you can retrain your 1st level feat for it.

Matticussama
2013-03-03, 12:43 AM
He is most likely talking about Able Learner (Races of Destiny pg 150). All cross-class skills only cost 1 point instead of the 2 they normally do, but your max ranks for cross-class skills remain the same.

Edit: Ninja'd

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-03, 12:43 AM
Able Learner from Races of Destiny. You must be a human or changeling to access this.
Edit: semi ninja. I just find it funny each gave a different factoid.

MonkeySage
2013-03-03, 12:45 AM
Ah... Shame i'm playin a sun elf! Oh well.

Slipperychicken
2013-03-03, 12:46 AM
Ah... Shame i'm playin a sun elf! Oh well.

Ehh. Just ask your DM if he's willing to waive the requirement. Using it on an Elf isn't exactly going to break the game.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-03, 12:49 AM
Not a feat but cerebrex from Dragon Compendium does get 8+ per level and an interesting pile of abilities. Shame about losing 5 caster level at 10 though. But it does ask for far less house ruling from the DM.

MonkeySage
2013-03-03, 12:50 AM
I could probably justify that from his backstory.... pretty much all the skills I actually mentioned come from it.

Andion Isurand
2013-03-03, 03:13 AM
If you want a race with +2 intelligence that qualifies for the Able Learner feat, play a Deep Imaskari (Underdark, pg 9).

They are a human subrace that gets ( +2 Int, -2 Dex ) among other things. Plus they have a fairly decent lifespan.

Alleran
2013-03-03, 03:46 AM
Plus they have a fairly decent lifespan.
Any wizard who doesn't know how to be immortal by about 15th level or so isn't trying hard enough, really. Fifth level or less if you're rolling with Necropolitan.

TroubleBrewing
2013-03-03, 04:18 AM
Any wizard who doesn't know how to be immortal by about 15th level or so isn't trying hard enough, really. Fifth level or less if you're rolling with Necropolitan.

Or 1st if you're a Warforged, Elan, or Killoren.

Greenish
2013-03-03, 09:08 AM
Or 1st if you're a Warforged, Elan, or Killoren.Funny thing, of those, warforged only age to middle age, killoren to old, and elan go all the way to venerable. I wonder if there's an actual reason for that.