PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eating Sword

Xeran
2006-11-12, 05:25 PM
I created this item after I read about it in a book by Paul Kidd.

BLACKRAZOR: A +5 Greatsword that can Detect Living Creatures in a 60 Foot radius. It is Unholy and Keen. The Sword can cast Haste (as a 10th level caster) once per day upon it's weilder. It grants it's weilder immunity to mind-affecting spells and effects. It can communicate telepathically in Common, Infernal, and Abyssal. The sword has a special purpose, to consume the souls of the living. It does not care who's. Whenever Blackrazor is struck against an opponent and that opponent has or will have less then 0 HP, an effect like Death Kneel spell instantly takes effect. The soul of that creatures is consumed by the Sword and the Weilder gains the benefit of the Death Kneel spell (1d8 temporary hitpoints, +2 to strength, and +1 to attack and damage with Blackrazor). This can be resisted by a Will Save (DC 18). For every three days the Sword remains unfed it's ego score increases by 1, until it can compel it's weilder to feed it yet another soul. Upon feeding, it's ego score goes back to normal. Upon contact with a undead creature however, Blackrazor immeadiatly bestows 1 temporary negative level upon the wielder. If those negative equal that characters current level, the Death Kneel attack automatically consumes the weilders soul. The DC to negate the Negative Level is Will 17. If the weilder is afflicted with negative levels from another source, and he makes an attack and gains the benefits of Death Kneel, instead of the normal benefit one Negative Level is removed. The Sword has the following saves: Fort+7, Ref+7, Will+7. It has 17 INT, 15 CHA, and 10 WIS. Blackrazor is Nuetral Evil. It has a EGO of 19. (150,000)

Grey Knight
2006-11-12, 06:29 PM
I think you mean "Death Knell", although I have to say that "Death Kneel" does conjure up some amusing mental images. :biggrin:

Fredderf
2006-11-13, 03:45 PM
Did you really make this item? It sounds exactly the same as an item from Arms and Equipment guide. Even the name is the same.