PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Barbarian

Psycho Yuffie
2013-03-03, 07:50 PM
When we were rolling up new characters, one of my female friends was making a barbarian. When trying to decide on a race, I kept jokingly suggesting halfling. The idea of a tiny barbarian made me giggle. Plus, I love halflings. She ended up being boring and picking human, though. Still, the thought of a halfling barbarian stayed with me until I decided to make one as my next character.

In advance, I want to make the build progression and maybe get some help. I don't mind dipping into other classes. Multiclassing is something I'm new at, even though I have been playing for three years now. Now that I started, I typically multiclass on all of my characters. For instance, right now I have an Ardent 3/Psychic Warrior 2/War Mind 1.

Anyway, we start at 5th level every time. The race I'm selecting is a strongheart halfling. I never played as one before and the bonus feat seems pretty cool.

1st Level: 1 Barbarian
Class Features: Fast movement, illiteracy, rage 1/day
1st Level Feat: Reckless Rage
Racial Bonus Feat: Extra Rage

2nd Level: 1 Barbarian, 1 Sword Sage
Class Features: Discipline Focus: Stone Dragon, Weapon Focus

3rd Level: 1 Barbarian, 2 Sword Sage
Class Features: AC Bonus
3rd Level Feat: Power Attack

4th Level: 1 Barbarian, 3 Sword Sage

5th Level: 1 Barbarian, 4 Sword Sage
Class Features: Discipline Focus: Desert Wind, Insightful Strike

After this, I was planning on going full barbarian the rest of the way, unless anyone suggests something different. Also, I have a question about Discipline Focus: every time you gain a new discipline focus, do you gain Weapon Focus for all the weapons listed for each discipline?

Flickerdart
2013-03-03, 07:56 PM
A halfling barbarian could make a deadly ranged attacker, with either Whirling Frenzy for that extra attack or Ferocity for the dexterity bonus (or, if you're boring, the ACF that gives you archery feats instead of rage).

Psycho Yuffie
2013-03-03, 08:03 PM
Sorry, I never heard of Whirling Frenzy before. What is it or what book is it in?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-03, 08:14 PM
If you're making a Halfling Barbarian, you must invest maximum ranks in Ride and take Wild Cohort (Velociraptor).

Karnith
2013-03-03, 08:16 PM
Sorry, I never heard of Whirling Frenzy before. What is it or what book is it in?
Whirling Frenzy is a Barbarian alternate class feature that replaces Rage, found in Unearthed Arcana. It's also available online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ).

Psycho Yuffie
2013-03-03, 08:25 PM
Whirling Frenzy is a Barbarian alternate class feature that replaces Rage, found in Unearthed Arcana. It's also available online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ).
Whoa! That class variant does seem kind of cool, but how would it interact with Reckless Rage? Does Whirling Frenzy not count as a rage ability anymore?