PDA

View Full Version : GIGA DRIL BREAKER! (please advice)

Swaoeaeieu
2013-03-04, 03:58 AM
So I was watching gurren lagann a while back and i realised that it was enjoyable because it is just so over the top. And i wondered if i could get the same effect in my DND game for some reference/over-the-top/anime style action. Resulting in me trying to figure out how to do the signature move myself the result:

1.be a warforged
2. get a hidden blade (complete scoundrel) make it an embedded component.
3. enchant the dagger with sizing and morphing
4. when in combat, take one full turn to a) activate hidden blade. b) morph blade into a drillhead. c) size it up to huge
5. Do a charging power attack at the bad guy while shouting GIGA DRILL BREAKERRRRRRRRRR.
6. use as many action point and rules of awsome possible to make it hit.

hidden blade gives -2 to hit, increasing size gives you a big penalty too. and i am guessing a drill shape would be an improvised weapon. So hitting would be an issue. damage is irrelevent at this point, i would like to know if this could work.

what do you think? or is the show not known enough for this to be of any interest here?

let me know

Sith_Happens
2013-03-04, 04:34 AM
I'm haven't read up on how Warforged components work, but besides that everything checks out.

Having a way to cast Quickened True Strike on the drill-forming turn and/or Wraithstrike on the charging turn should take care of your to-hit issues. Achieving MASSIVE DAMAGE is easy since it's a charge attack (i.e.- use the usual Leap Attack/Shock Trooper shenanigans).

Swaoeaeieu
2013-03-04, 07:11 AM
simply put, any item can be made to be a component. making it embedded means it is inside the warforged, hidden and unable to be removed against his/her will.

true strike fits the theme better, but how would one go about getting it cast on such short notice?

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-04, 08:29 AM
simply put, any item can be made to be a component. making it embedded means it is inside the warforged, hidden and unable to be removed against his/her will.

true strike fits the theme better, but how would one go about getting it cast on such short notice?

Custom magical item? That seems like the easiest way although it may not be allowed. But a pair of goggles that can cast true strike even 1/day should do it. And if you can get enlarge person cast on you it might help reduce the size penalties.

Swaoeaeieu
2013-03-09, 07:24 AM
i just found it!

if i enchant it with impaling it should work just fine. impaling makes your next attack (this round) a touch attack. only 3 times a day. But for the price of a +1 enchantment it sounds pretty good.

Alleran
2013-03-09, 08:25 AM
Custom magical item? That seems like the easiest way although it may not be allowed. But a pair of goggles that can cast true strike even 1/day should do it. And if you can get enlarge person cast on you it might help reduce the size penalties.
I think you mean a pair of these (http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/Pct1995/Pics/KaminaGlasses1.gif).

Crasical
2013-03-09, 01:39 PM
Why do you need the hidden blade? Can't you just Embed a dagger?

vasharanpaladin
2013-03-09, 02:50 PM
There appears to be a distinct lack of the finishing move Iron Heart maneuver in this plan. :smallcool:

Mirakk
2013-03-09, 06:23 PM
As a DM I'd allow the attack to auto hit and auto crit (Clearly this was meant to be over the top and amusing, so I'd embellish it further), however the giga drill breaker brought such power that the weapon used in the attack was broken in the process unless it was made of adamantine. As an aside, I'd grant the Giga Drill Breaker as an EX ability 1/day to that character to reward their creativity, yet limit any possible exploitation.