PDA

View Full Version : Deu Zexma Khina, God by the machines (deity)

Enlong
2006-11-12, 06:51 PM
Deu Zexma Khina
Master of construction, God From The Machine
Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A carving knife layed over a chipped gear
Alignment: All
Portfolio: Construction, Mechanics, Puppets (Banjo's got company)
Worshipers: Those who build and construct things, Bards (for the puppets), Awakened Constructs, (and my Puppet MAster Class)
Domains: Artifice, Creation
Favored Weapon: None, his forms are his weapons, and they are too varied for specialization

Deu Zexma Khina is the god of mechanics and construction, master of all things that are made by intelligent hands to work for them. He is known throughout the world as the God From the Machine. Many people say that he divinely inspires people to create, but that is not the case, and would in fact defeat his purpose. In fact, he does not directly interfere with one's talents, only allowing them aid in reaching their potential.

He is worshipped by all races, and encompasses all Alignments, from Lawful Good, to True Neutral, to Chaotic Evil. Far from simply having an open mind, Deu Zexma Khina actually has multiple incarnations on the Material Plane, as many as nine, one for each alignment. His incarnations are always an inhabited and empowered construct body made by one of his worshipers. The body is empowered by his strength as a deity, but is otherwise the same as it was built. Each one is a different alignment, and it is not uncommon for opposing incarnations, and the worshipers that follow it, to come into conflict. His worshipers often carve, sculpt or otherwise make small statues as offerings to his shrines, or put on puppet shows to entertain him. But wether it's a statue or puppet show, the offering must consist of something the worshiper has crafted, without the aid of magic. The highest honor for one of his worshipers is to be chosen by him to create a body for his incarnation.

Enlong
2006-11-12, 07:03 PM
P.S. There's a joke in his name. Try saying it all as one big word.

NullAshton
2006-11-12, 07:16 PM
DeuZ ex maKhina. Haha...

Enlong
2006-11-12, 07:41 PM
Yup, cool joke, but I can't take credit, as a friend of mine brewed up this particular idea, I just told him about the Artifice domain. So, what do the rest ofyou think of this Deity?

Enlong
2006-11-12, 09:03 PM
Hello? I'll take any responses on him.

Delcan
2006-11-12, 09:21 PM
Deities are never about crunchy bits, but all about the flavor - and flavor-wise, I love it. A god of craft that is crafted himself seems like the wit of the multiverse put to use. Paraphrasing Voltaire, if gods did not exist, I suppose it would be necessary to invent them :grin:

I would think he'd qualify more as a lesser deity, though; after all, you're not going to find many direct worshippers of this God from the Machine - especially given his fractured state of being.

Also, why the Luck and Trickery domains? They seem out of place. I would imagine Creation would be a better domain for him.

Enlong
2006-11-12, 09:38 PM
Gotta remember, I'm just citing my friend's input.

I myself think Creation and Artifice would be good domains. I think my friend put in Luck and Trickery because he originally made him for his character using the "puppet MAster Class" (not sure about luck though) I think Creation and Artifice are the best choices, however.

Actually I think he would get a good amount of worshipers, because there's one incarnation for every alignment, so that means almost anyone is able to worship him. Hm, though you may be onto somtehing, I dunno.

Delcan
2006-11-12, 11:23 PM
Just because a deity will accept worshippers of all alignments doesn't mean they'll gain a ton of worshippers; it's the number of people who are willing to put that much belief and faith in their ideal that's important. If this is the sole god of artifice and creation in a campaign universe, then I could certainly see Deu getting enough worshippers to become an intermediate deity; however, in the canonical D&D pantheon most of his potential worshippers would be followers of Moradin or similar.