PDA

View Full Version : Spell Storing Weapon

Vaz
2013-03-04, 11:40 AM
I've just picked myself up a Spell Storing Weapon; is there a list of spells out there that can be used for Spell Storing purposes?

I've used dndtools to give me a list of the Wizard Touch Spells (although I think that it's lacking the Spell Compendium), but what other "target" spells are there available to me I should keep an eye out for? I'm Caster Level 6, by the way.

I know there are some of the ol' guard, like Shivering Touch, Touch of Idiocy and Vampiric Grasp, but I'm wondering if there's a filter for "target" or similar list spells for levels 0-3. Any other spells you've had fun with that a Wizard can join in with and get some mileage out of?

CaladanMoonblad
2013-03-04, 12:16 PM
You may find this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188339) useful to your purpose.

My wife snaked a +1 spell storing shortsword for her level 3 bard by hitting a DC 30 Perform check on some nymphs, and she's been using it as an extra Cure Light Wounds for each day (she's the only healer in that game of lowbies, and the other players are all noncasters). So really, it depends on your group needs.

Vaz
2013-03-04, 01:03 PM
I've been pigeon holed into a front liner: the DM was strict: declare classes, then roll, declaring each roll (6+2d6). I said Wizard, and rolled a 14, 10, 16, 16, 11, 15, so it is quite High off the pop, and was lucky in that regard (got a favoured soul with only intelligence as a mental higher than 12).

Other party members:

Aforementioned Favoured Soul
Cleric/Barbarian with Frantic Rage and Zen Archer (rolled an 8 for Strength, 17 for Dex and 16 Wisdom, had major help from myself to make it)
Snow Elf Soulborn
Dragonborn Warforged Dragonfire Adept (i think one of the OA variant dragons)

And myself. I am thinking of becoming a Green Star Adept, also improving my Scouting and Party Face behaviour.

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-04, 04:09 PM
Green star is a bad class. Abjurent Champion is what you want for arcane front lining.

Razanir
2013-03-04, 04:19 PM
Spell-storing darts. Also known as hypodermic needles of [insert cure spell here]