PDA

View Full Version : Who will kill Miko

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-12, 09:21 PM
I really hope belkar gets too do it! :smallamused:

but I think if anyone does it it'll be MitD

theKOT
2006-11-12, 09:25 PM
That would be strange in correspondance with your spoiler from the other poll.

I think it will be one of Xykon's gang, I just don't know who, so for now I won't vote.

BardicLasher
2006-11-12, 09:30 PM
Redcloak'll get her in the rematch.

Lord Zentei
2006-11-12, 09:50 PM
I really hope belkar gets too do it! :smallamused:

but I think if anyone does it it'll be MitD

You left out "no one" as a logically valid option. It is entirely possible that she won't be killed, after all.

As for the given options:

Xykon? Quite possibly. It may be that she'll sacrifice herself in order to destroy him (and in this regard, you left out "self-sacrifice" as a legitimate option). Xykon simply killing her? Also entirely possible.

Redcloak? No. He's been overmatched already.

Monster in the Darkness? Well, they have already fought, but somehow I doubt that there will be a rematch to the death... just a hunch.

Linear Guild? LAME!

Other OOTS? Elan and Durkon don't seem plausible choices at all. Roy, Haley and Vaarsuvius only slightly less implausible.

Belkar? Entirely possible, he has had her before (and she him - twice), so either MAD or him killing her may be a possibility. Though it would be less spectacular than MAD vis a vis Xykon.

And in case you are wondering why I surmise the possibility of MAD in the case of Belkar, keep in mind that the Oracle did imply that he would not be long lived: we may very well see his death in the comic. In fact it has been implied far more strongly than Miko's death.

So: Belkar or Xykon. If anyone.

TinSoldier
2006-11-12, 09:52 PM
Wait... I thought I posted in this!

I voted "Other" because I don't think she will be killed.

Unless at the end of the comic The Giant drops an anvil on her head just to satisfy a frustrated element of his readership.

:tongue:

Grey Knight
2006-11-12, 10:59 PM
Wait... I thought I posted in this!

It's entirely possible that you posted in one of the other three hundred and fifty "Miko = dead?" threads. They all sort of start to blur together after a while.

Athanatos
2006-11-12, 11:05 PM
NOBODY will kill Miko. She's much too awesome.

TinSoldier
2006-11-12, 11:09 PM
It's entirely possible that you posted in one of the other three hundred and fifty "Miko = dead?" threads. They all sort of start to blur together after a while.Nah, I must have forgot to press "submit reply" instead of "preview post".

Legendary
2006-11-12, 11:25 PM
Miko will kill herself. After killing Belkar in an obviously chaotic/evil (it doesn't matter which), she will lose her powers, and end her life, as she cannot cope without her powers. In this sense, Belkar will also be responsible for Miko's death, as he'll get himself killed intentionally for the purposes of making her lose her powers.

Well, that's what I think, anyways.

mikeejimbo
2006-11-12, 11:43 PM
I don't think she'll be killed, though Legendary has a good thought.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-11-12, 11:56 PM
I think she'll live. Anyone who's appeared longer than a dozen strips usually survives. Miko's been in about 100, so she's good.

If she DOES die....hmm. It'd be Xykon, or someone completely non-sequitur.

Learnedguy
2006-11-13, 08:52 AM
Lord hinjo's kitten!

Grey Watcher
2006-11-13, 10:04 AM
Hilgya will kill Miko. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but she will, just for kicks. :biggrin:

puddingpie
2006-11-13, 01:30 PM
Julia. :P In my mental theater of interesting yet improbable situations, because it would be funny to see those two catfight. Maybe defending Roy once Miko goes all nuts on her misguided crusade against OOTS (not that Julia's very good, but she might just get in one shot that matters.) It will be the start of a stronger brother-sister bond between Roy and Julia.

... nah, probably won't happen.

On a similar odd-duel note, possibly Sabine.

XtheYeti
2006-11-13, 02:31 PM
Miko Commits suicde after being disgraced for allowing the Azure city gate to be compromised because she tried to kill OoTS

Terraxos
2006-11-13, 04:59 PM
My prediction is Belkar, mainly because we know he's due to kill someone, and out of all the possible options Miko seems the most likely. Also, wouldn't this make a great scene:

After a battle between Miko and the OOTS:
Roy: Stop! What are we doing? Miko, I know you hate us, but... *proceeds to give a long, powerful speech, explaining why the OOTS are in fact not evil, and Miko should team up with them again to stop Xykon rather than trying to kill them.*
Miko: Of course, I see it now. I've been such a fool. Xykon is the real evil one; we should be fighting him, not each other! I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've made. Roy, can you ever forgive me?
Before Roy can reply:
Miko: *gets stabbed by Belkar, dies*
Belkar: Oops. Was I interrupting something? *evil grin*

...With better dialogue, obviously. :)

sklar dansig
2006-11-13, 05:06 PM
no one, she´ll die a grandmother

The Black Prince
2006-11-13, 05:06 PM
I really think she'll commit ritual suicide so she can torment Belkar when he dies. Fortunately for Belkar she'll then be a Fighter without bonus feats!! HAHAHAHAHA

Lord Zentei
2006-11-13, 05:10 PM
I really think she'll commit ritual suicide so she can torment Belkar when he dies. Fortunately for Belkar she'll then be a Fighter without bonus feats!! HAHAHAHAHA

Wait, she'll commit suicide, so she can then torment someone?

And if she is tormenting Belkar when he dies you'll consider him fortunate because she won't have bonus feats?

Huh?

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2006-11-13, 05:19 PM
My "other" vote: No one.

Ganjuu-kun
2007-01-12, 04:37 PM
I'm putting my money on Belkar. The oricle said that she's one of the people he might kill. I think it'll happen right after the Xykon invasion. It would be just perfect if she was like all "I saved the city" and then Belkar comes up and stabs her in the back. Sweet! :belkar:

Green Bean
2007-01-12, 04:45 PM
I don't think she'll die, but if she has to, my guess'd be the Snarl, because it'd be epic and awesome.

Demented
2007-01-12, 05:21 PM
"Great, Belkar. Now we have two people to whom your share of the treasure will be going. You're going to be stuck with those mundane daggers until level 19 at this rate."
"But it was so worth it!"

If anyone kills Miko, let it be him.

R blademaster
2007-01-12, 05:25 PM
I think It might be very unclimatic, but she'll just be zapped by xykon for irritating him during some evil laughter or something like that.

I'd love that :smallwink:

EntilZha
2007-01-12, 05:28 PM
As long as somebody does, I really don't care who.

Wallyz
2007-01-12, 05:30 PM
She will vanquish her opponents,and then be killed by tripping over a cat, no a weasel from Roy's bag.

Hel65
2007-01-12, 06:11 PM
My money's on Belkar and Miko killing each other in a fight.

Mawhrin Skel
2007-01-12, 06:13 PM
If anyone, I reckon Xykon will kill her, with Miko dying an heroic death. With her dying words, she'll cast Holy Sword on Roy's greatsword for Xykon bashing purposes. Or at least she would, if it weren't (mostly) redundant.

Miko will kill herself. After killing Belkar in an obviously chaotic/evil (it doesn't matter which), she will lose her powers
It does matter. One evil act causes a Paladin to fall, but chaotic acts don't until they cause her alignment to be non-Lawful, which could take several.

GoldenKitsune
2007-01-12, 06:14 PM
Redcloak would be about to kill Miko, but then Xykon will kill her stating that redcloak was taking to long. Then Redcloak will be pissy for a couple of comics.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-12, 06:26 PM
seppuku

Seppuku

SEPPUKU!

Setra
2007-01-12, 06:28 PM
If anyone, Belkar.

An odd (but not likely idea, as kids read this comic), is she is raped by some evil creature, and dies when giving birth to its offspring.

Spiryt
2007-01-12, 07:05 PM
she is raped by some evil creature, and dies when giving birth to its offspring.
Quite macabre idea...( you are "member of the fanclub", so i think you don't like it...) How it come to your mind anyway?
And i think that if somebdy will kill her it will be belkar. And it will be great comic:smallamused: :smallamused:
But belkar can change his mind again for some strange reason...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0281.html

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-12, 07:08 PM
Other character:

Time.

I doun't think she'll get killed in the comic.

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-12, 07:18 PM
You left out "no one" as a logically valid option. It is entirely possible that she won't be killed, after all.

As for the given options:

Xykon? Quite possibly. It may be that she'll sacrifice herself in order to destroy him (and in this regard, you left out "self-sacrifice" as a legitimate option). Xykon simply killing her? Also entirely possible.

Redcloak? No. He's been overmatched already.

Monster in the Darkness? Well, they have already fought, but somehow I doubt that there will be a rematch to the death... just a hunch.

Linear Guild? LAME!

Other OOTS? Elan and Durkon don't seem plausible choices at all. Roy, Haley and Vaarsuvius only slightly less implausible.

Belkar? Entirely possible, he has had her before (and she him - twice), so either MAD or him killing her may be a possibility. Though it would be less spectacular than MAD vis a vis Xykon.

And in case you are wondering why I surmise the possibility of MAD in the case of Belkar, keep in mind that the Oracle did imply that he would not be long lived: we may very well see his death in the comic. In fact it has been implied far more strongly than Miko's death.

So: Belkar or Xykon. If anyone.

Me agree.
<ka-filler>

Parasocrates
2007-01-12, 07:40 PM

Point of order:

It is possible that Miko won't be killed, but the poll specifies, "Assuming Miko will die..." The poll is about who is most likely to kill Miko, regardless of whether she actually is going to die or not. It wouldn't make sense to say, "Assuming Miko dies, no one will kill her."

Unless, of course, you mean to suggest that Miko may die in the course of the strip of natural or accidental causes, in which case, sorry for misinterpreting you.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-12, 07:44 PM
Point of order:

It is possible that Miko won't be killed, but the poll specifies, "Assuming Miko will die..." The poll is about who is most likely to kill Miko, regardless of whether she actually is going to die or not. It wouldn't make sense to say, "Assuming Miko dies, no one will kill her."

Unless, of course, you mean to suggest that Miko may die in the course of the strip of natural or accidental causes, in which case, sorry for misinterpreting you.

No you got it right. Who is most likely to kill miko making the assumption that somebody will kill miko.

Gandal
2007-01-12, 09:18 PM
Belkar will probably end up killing Windstriker and saying Dammit! Why did I have to get the worst kill! Just to spite these threads and the freaking polls.

Axl_Rose
2007-01-12, 09:27 PM
Belkar, even though I dislike him compared to Miko.

IronMouse
2007-01-12, 09:27 PM
I think it will be a “Princess Bride” thing and just like Prince Humperdink…no one will kill Miko

Illiander
2007-01-12, 09:29 PM
I know this has been pointed out to be off topic for this topic, but I had to say it:

No-one kills her, she lives! (Alone, disfigured, but with perfect ears)

Sorry, had to give the princes' bride reference there

edit: damnit ninja'd, and on something slightly irrelevent as well....

ElfLad
2007-01-13, 12:59 AM
Other: The Snarl

I don't think she'll die, but if she does, that's what I'd like to see.

teratorn
2007-01-13, 01:20 AM
Way to go, another Miko thread!

I voted for other. Either she survives till the end of the strip or she dies preventing the Snarl from escaping, and that's a permanent death if I understood correctly. She and Durkon are the only characters with this sense of sacrifice, and I see one of them giving his/her life to save the world. But it'll take long, it's too soon for the strip to get as dark as that.

Shott
2007-01-13, 01:46 AM
I voted for Belkar, for easy-to-find reasons, but thinking about it, I'm gonna go outside the box and say Hinjo. I still have hopes that Miko will become a blackguard, and as the next-in-line ruler for Azure City, it will be up to him to deal with the rogue paladin. I like Hinjo and I wanna see some more of him.

Haruki-kun
2007-01-13, 01:46 AM
I don't think anyone will kill Miko
The only one who is likely to kill her is Belkar, but I don't think he will
We know Belkar will kill Roy, Vaarsuvius, Miko, Windstriker, or the Oracle.
To be honest, I think it's more likely he'll kill the oracle. It's unlikely that he killed V or Roy, which leaves the Oracle, Miko's Horse, or Miko herself. Plotwise, I think it would be hilarious if he killed the Oracle or Windstriker, but I don't think he would kill Miko. To begin with, ROy wouldn't let him, since he doesn't want to gt on Shojo's bad side. Even if Belkar doens't care, Roy'll use the MOJ againt him.

As for the others, I don't think the Linear Guild or any other OOTS member will kill her. The Monster in the Dark probably won't either, he seems to like her, and even if he's supposed to be that all-powerful creature, I don't think he would kill Miko.
Redcloak has no chance of taking her on. Period.

If I had to pick someone, Xykon could kill her while firing magic missiles at the others and enjoying an evilgasm. He COULD. Doesn't mean he WILL. somehow, the idea sounds kinda wacked anyway, so whatever.

No one kills Miko. She's just way too cool.

Borris
2007-01-13, 02:18 AM
My vote goes to Roy. It's always more dramatic when a Lawful Good character is forced to kill another Lawful Good character, even if it's a former Lawful Good. And Miko's death should be dramatic, if nothing else. She's too important a character to just end with a trivial or funny death.

slipper
2007-01-13, 04:25 AM
hmm...She kills herself!

Setra
2007-01-13, 06:32 AM
Quite macabre idea...( you are "member of the fanclub", so i think you don't like it...) How it come to your mind anyway?
And i think that if somebdy will kill her it will be belkar. And it will be great comic:smallamused: :smallamused:
But belkar can change his mind again for some strange reason...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0281.html

Because storylines like that happen all the time, though usually applied to Elves and Humans.

Though no, I would not actually like that idea. I don't like most of the ideas I come up with.

Talyn
2007-01-13, 07:59 AM
Actually, I can see Miko committing suppuku (probably after being provoked or tricked into an evil act) as horrifyingly possible.

Still, though, I'd like to cast my vote for "old age." Because damn it, I like her! There aren't enough paladins in the world anyways, and her utter selflessness is unique in this comic.

Tnetalque
2007-01-13, 09:00 AM
Belkar, possibly, but it would be awesome if some unexpected character did. Like a linear guild member.

Thog could probably take her out if he raged.

Awesome Girl
2007-01-13, 09:06 AM
A really twisted ending would be if :miko: and:belkar: settled their differences and got married.:biggrin:

Maurog
2007-01-13, 09:15 AM
Miko will die of old age trying to read through all Miko-related threads/polls.

MandibleBones
2007-01-13, 10:47 AM
seppuku

Seppuku

SEPPUKU!

Quoted. For. Truth.

Luvlein
2007-01-13, 11:04 AM
Belkar will only get to kill Miko's horse, Miko herself is a job for a professional like Xykon.

ozymand1as
2007-01-13, 11:19 AM
Belkar, no duh. He even wanted to die (and get reinarcated for 4,000 gp) just to make Miko go to prison and such.

Taelas
2007-01-13, 11:25 AM
Hmm. Belkar or Xykon, either one.

Flabbicus
2007-01-13, 11:26 AM
If she was to die, which I doubt she will. She will be killed by Thog, for no apparent reason.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-13, 11:30 AM
I must say, I think it would be fitting if she dies not by the hands of Belkar, but by Roy. I must say it would be rather fitting. Think about it. Roy and the OOTS are off to stop Xykon from opening another gate, it starts raining (of course) and Miko rides in and stops them. A real dramatic speech, and then they are forced to fight. It would be very fitting if Belkar does most of it, but Roy pops in and finishes her off. Of course, this IS Dungeons and Dragons, and there is a thing called a true resurrection spell, so who says she has to STAY dead....so perhaps, Belkar, (how can you stop him?) Roy, (above) and finally Redcloak (Soul binding super magic? ).

elgrabadula
2007-01-13, 03:39 PM
BELKAR belkar has hated miko ever since the beginning of when she came.
roy likes her too much
xlyklon wont because she wont beg for mercy
monster in the darkness wont because that wouldnt be very entertaining
haley wont because she is okay with miko
v wont bevause v is okay with miko
durkon wont because he is too kind
not by the lineir guild they will try but they wont succceed.

join us
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?THE%20ORDER%20OF%20THE%20STICK
:mitd:all the cool kids are doing it

Rebarth
2007-01-13, 04:49 PM
roy likes her too much
not by the lineir guild they will try but they wont succceed.

join us
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?THE%20ORDER%20OF%20THE%20STICK
:mitd:all the cool kids are doing it

V could just take Belkar's prospective of the matter. Besides, s/he does hate miko. But, nah..... that would never work.

vbushido
2007-01-13, 06:01 PM
Other: Miko
Seppuku

-----
Things improve with age. I'm approaching MAGNIFICENCE.

TinSoldier
2007-01-13, 06:14 PM
roy likes her too much
not by the lineir guild they will try but they wont succceed.Which comic have you been reading? Haley and V both hate her. Roy started out liking her but after awhile he told her to "kiss off!" in a not very nice manner. The only one on your list I really agree with is Durkon.

Xykon would kill her out of hand if he wanted to (chaotic evil).

Then again, maybe certain fans of the comic (not me) would be placated if Miko and MitD made "peaceful contact" and she became a Blackguard.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-13, 06:15 PM
Will Hilgya ever come back?

Belkar. Definitely. Miko is his arch-enemy. They'll probably go down together.

Thexare Blademoon
2007-01-14, 12:02 AM

Or that she'll be killed by a non-living being - that is to say, rocks fall, Paladin dies.

But yeah, Belkar or Xykon are the most likely, though Redcloak may bear a grudge and return stronger later...

hyikim
2007-01-14, 12:07 AM
I will personally kill Miko Myself.

TinSoldier
2007-01-14, 12:11 AM
I will personally kill Miko Myself.Miko would own you like yesterday's beans. Sorry, try again.

Jester42
2007-01-14, 12:20 AM
Honestly, I think that too much development has gone into Miko to just let her go. I think that an excelent opprotunity will probably present itself when Belkar finally breaks Miko of her palidin ways. ANTI PALIDIN MIKO!!

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-14, 07:11 PM
I want Windstriker to kill her. By accident, *coughnotcough* but I really don't know how anyone could put up with Miko for extended periods of time.

IronSoldier820
2007-01-14, 07:21 PM
My theory.

Miko is a very cliche character if you think about it. Shes a pompous holier-than-thou paladin that will evidently will fall. She will become a Blackguard (prestige class) and in an epic battle between her and Roy it will seem a very close match. And then as Roy is about gain the upper hand, she takes Belkar hostage.

Roy has to make a choice (as usual) between the vile halfling's life or sweet revenge upon the fallen paladin that will has and will evidently cause them much more grief. In a rash plan, he'll try to make his own option and kill Miko while saving Belkar.

As time is of the essence, Roy tries his best to track but has trouble without his tracker. When he finally finds where Miko was keeping Belkar, he'll find his crumpled up halfling body covered in blood. His last words will be something anti-climatic and evil to the end. Maybe he'll reveal V's gender in his last words, who knows.

As Roy searches for Miko to exact revenge upon her for killing Belkar, he finds a supicious trail of blood. As he travels up the stairs he finds the body of Miko, with Belkar's dagger in her back. She had died of blood loss after being stabbed by the halfling, and her Lay on Hands failed due to her turning to be a Blackguard.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-14, 07:43 PM
Possible. But I have this sinking feeling that the point of Miko is to present us with a Lawful Good villain, and that she will never become a blackguard.

IronSoldier820
2007-01-14, 08:22 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure thats the definition of the Blackguard. A lawful good being thats turned villainous.

Talya
2007-01-15, 12:47 AM
Miko doesn't need to die. She needs to get laid.

Golt
2007-01-15, 01:45 AM
Personally I just don't think she is to be killed, but assuming that she will, then i say self-sacrifice when fighting the Snarl.

Miko doesn't need to die. She needs to get laid.

Amen!

teratorn
2007-01-15, 03:23 AM
Possible. But I have this sinking feeling that the point of Miko is to present us with a Lawful Good villain, and that she will never become a blackguard.

The Giant says something like that in Paladin Blues:
Miko is also the result of me asking myself, "Can a Lawful Good character be the villain - and still be Lawful good?"

If she fell she would be just another bad guy. It's the uniqueness of being an antagonist yet good that makes her so appealing, at least to some of us.