PDA

View Full Version : Another Mad World (IC)

The Bandicoot
2013-03-04, 02:52 PM
OOC is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14826073#post14826073)

The city is abuzz with activity. With Slaadi Gras only two weeks away thousands of people are passing through on their way to the arena and site of the famous Tree of the Gladiator. However with more traffic comes more crime, and the town guard are spread thin dealing with the vast increase in petty crime. That is the feel of the entire town right now, immense joy and revelry covering something a big darker.

Sonya, after the courtroom you were stripped of your equipment(they let you keep your clothes), blindfolded, and had your hands tied behind your back. You were put into a wagon that reeked of blood and various other bodily fluids and taken somewhere. You're not sure where exactly you are but when the blindfold and binds are removed you're standing in a room bare except for four club-wielding guards, one door behind you and one at the opposite side of the room, and infront of the door a gnome sitting behind a simple desk full of neatly-organized papers.

The gnome looks at a paper in front of him and says "Sonya Gwenning....Catfolk.....Murder in Defense of a Merchant.....victim was a known member of the thieve's guild.....normally not an arrestable offense but there's a note here that says you requested to be punished as if charged with the more serious charge of Murder. If the information I have repeated to you is correct please make your scrawl at the bottom of this paper." He pushes a piece of paper forward as well as a quill and ink.

Hazuki
2013-03-04, 03:16 PM
Sonya Gwenning
~

The sudden glare of fresh light burns Sonya's golden eyes as she adjusts to the sight of the new room, her irises thinning to naught but strips of black with each iota of detail that rushes for her attention. A sharp exhale follows the release of the Catfolk's binds, letting herself breathe after the stench of transport forced her nostrils shut with the distinct scent of the poor prisoners that came before her. With a shuffle of her feet, she ponders the implications of at least five men ready and willing to strike her down with any sign of her rebellion. The thoughts flee from her mind with the sound of the gnome's tiny tenor.

What he said was true, and it was probably best not to speak unless given expressed permission to, so Sonya stepped towards the desk and dipped the quill in the viscous ink, recalling how she'd been taught to scribe her name in fine elven script. With a still expression, her name was signed across the bottom of the document and the quill returned to its rightful place as she looked back up at the Gnome with a slightly tilted head.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-04, 03:41 PM
"Ok then..." he says taking the paper and inspecting it. "Due to the strain on the town guard at this point in time I've been instructed to give anyone arrested the opportunity to reduce their time spent in jail by performing community service. Said community service would be in a group of no less than six other prisoners and may possibly be dangerous to your health." he looks up, sighs, and his serious tone disappears.

"Basically, you'd be at the guard's beck and call for anywhere between a month and a few years. There would be things in place to keep you from getting away and you'd still be required to serve jail time but it would only be 12 hours a day. The rest would be spent running around the city. Sound like something you'd be interested in?" he almost looks as if he's pleading.

Hazuki
2013-03-04, 04:09 PM
Sonya Gwenning
~

Sonya's fluffy ears perked up at the sound of the Gnome's proposition, the back of her robe shifting slightly to accommodate for the ivory tail that flicked from side to side. It was an immediately attractive opportunity, at least in her eyes, to be able to work for the community as recompense for the crime she committed in the city's walls, while allowing her the opportunity to meditate on her actions and philosophy in the relative safety of the prison walls for at least half of the day. There were, of course, the grisly dangers that any guard would have had to face, but she would have come across the majority of such things while following her own path, and this would lack the forced socialization with those who would have resented their imprisonment.

The woman cast her gaze back at the quartet of guards in the room, then back to the face of the gnome, as she rushed towards the deal that would allow her so many things for relatively little skin from her nose. What the city lacked seemed to be soldiers, rather than coin, if they could afford to enforce all manner of intangible shackles for those they temporarily inducted. It meant that she would be able to support people who lacked their own funds, with funds from the city itself, if she could convince the Gnomish administrator before her.

"I would love to help the fine guard of this city, Ser...?" Sonya began, keeping her enthusiasm withheld for the moment with a measured and cool voice, as she locked pleasant eyes with the gnome. "But you have funds in abandon, guardsmen less so. Might I be able to convince you to spare some small amount of these funds that could go towards ensuring the continued service of reformed prisoners? Fifty gold pieces alone would be enough to pay for the services of a city Cleric, to keep a guard on the streets and out of the prison, were he to fall under the effects of disease, injury, or poison..." She ended her counter-proposal with trailed words, giving the Gnome time to come to his own conclusion regarding her words, instead of the forceful demands that others tended to use in debate to make another panic.

Taking 10 on Diplomacy for 18.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-04, 08:57 PM
The gnome ponders a bit shakes his head "Sorry, I have a strict budget and they don't give me much extra for these groups. Most of what they do give me goes to making sure you don't get away." He puts his face in his hands for a second and then looks back up. "If your group does well I can appeal for a budget increase. But that kind of red tape takes at least a month to go through and I won't try unless I think it will be worth my time." He then looks through a stack of papers and motions to the guards "Take her down to cell A-1. I have fourteen more cases to get to today."

Two guards grab you by your shoulders and move you past the desk. They open the door which leads to an elevator. After going down a good distance the elevator stops and they lead you to your very own five-by-ten cell complete with bedmat made of unidentifiable material and a brick toilet(not much more than a slightly elevated hole) with a smooth clay rim. As the door is locked one of the guards says "Food at dawn and dusk. No talking to other prisoners between dusk and dawn."

Hazuki
2013-03-04, 10:26 PM
Sonya Gwenning
~

A small part of Sonya's heart sunk at what seemed to be the Gnome's first denial, pale hands falling to her side and her gaze slipping slightly downwards towards the neatly-piled documents across the Gnome's desk. With luck, there would be a chance for her to prove her own trustworthiness for both the man and the City itself, but such plans slipped away with his next breath, as he gave something of a promise in return. It wasn't much, but it was a small sliver of silver hope for her to hold on to. Rapid blinks covered her eyes as the muscular hands of the guards clasped her shoulders, but she offered a smile regardless. "I hope to know your name, one day. I'll keep my tongue tied tight until then."

With that utterance, Sonya willingly marched with the couplet of guards until she arrived to the concrete confines that would serve as her personal abode, for a time. It wasn't much, the stone walls unyielding and almost intimidating with their lack of life, but it was a start of the life she would live for the next few months. There was even a proper toilet in the corner! Luxury to lavish in, or so she thought, as she stretched across the roughly-stitched bed with a loud yawn. Meditation could come by morning, as long as there wasn't a rude awakening.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-05, 02:25 AM
And a rude awakening there was. A dwarf of all things gets dragged kicking and screaming about a parrot. He is thrown into a heavier cell where the noise dies down.

Roland you are lead bound in manacles and leg shackles to the gnome as described before. You however have been stripped to nothing but a tunic and pants. The gnome says "Roland Morganstern...Human....charged with Drunk and Disorderly.....three counts of Assaulting a Member of the Guard.....and one count of Religious Desecration. Well why'd they give you that much time for...." His eyes widen as he reads further down the page. "Desecration of a shrine kf Yurifra in the Dwarven District..... Anyway, is this information I have repeated to you correct? If so make your scrawl at the bottom of the page"

redzimmer
2013-03-05, 02:12 PM
Roland

Shrugging off the gnome's disapproving tone, Roland signs the sheet.

"So what now, small dwarf?" he asks, deliberately as obtuse as possible.

This town will the first one cleansed, he promises himself. First e would need his equipment. He could have killed the guardsmen last night, but he was no mass-murderer.

He wanted to bring ORDER. Something that hypocrite Bahamut could never do.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-05, 02:41 PM
"Now you have the choice of A. Sitting in an uncomfortable cell for...three years or B. Helping the town guard of for a few months with some community service. After that you'd be released." The gnome eyes Roland "Does B sound like something you'd be interested in?

redzimmer
2013-03-05, 06:52 PM
"I will take the second option. I can't do any worse than the sellswords you already muster," he said, stressing sellsword as he would 'excrement' or 'paladin'.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-05, 09:53 PM
"Alright then. Keep in mind there will be various measures to prevent your escape and any attempt at doing so will earn you two months in the pit and a year extension on your sentence." He slides a piece of paper with a quil and inkwell forward and the guards unmanacle and unshackle you. "Make your scrawl at the bottom of the page." The guards keep a steady eye on you and keep you within clubbing range.

redzimmer
2013-03-05, 11:22 PM
"May all your dreams be crushed just before they are realized," Roland says in Infernal, a disarming smile on his face as he says it.

"An old greeting amongst we faithful of Bahamut," he lies.

Bluff

[roll0]

The way I've been rolling lately, I expect to get myself clubbed now.

Still smiling, Roland signs his name.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-06, 02:18 AM
The gnome smiles and in perfect infernal says "and the same to you." He then turns to the guards and says "Cell E 7" the guards roughly grab you and lead you to an elevator. Your cell is the same as described above except the bedding is a bit more ragged and the toilet rim has chunks missing out of it.

((Ill post Bush's intro tomorrow.))

The Bandicoot
2013-03-06, 09:51 AM
Būshndāg, you are stripped of everything except tunic, pants, and your freedom ring. You are lead in heavy manacles and shackles, along with a heavy iron collar which is held tightly by two guards. The gnome looks up and does a double-take "When they said half-ogre I assumed they were exaggerating." he shakes his head a bit and looks down at the paper "Būshndāg......Half-Ogre.....Destruction of a Business along with...... seven? Seven counts of Assaulting a Member of the Guard and.....Drunken Disorderly. Well I HOPE you were drunk when this happened, otherwise I might think you a bad person." he grins at that last statement. "Anyway, do you understand this information I have repeated to you?"

Grishnakh
2013-03-06, 10:26 AM
The big half-ogre looks a bit dejected as he trudges in. He moans as the gnome asks his question. "Little man not talk so loud, Būshndāg got headache." Then after a short pauze and some impatient looks. "Būshndāg understand. Metal men not want Būshndāg to drink more, so Būshndāg object. Now metal men all angry." He lets out a tremendous sigh and slumps his shoulders.

redzimmer
2013-03-06, 01:20 PM
Bloody gnomes, Roland thinks.

Still, the cell he shared when an initiate to his knighthood wasn't much better. At least he didn't have to share it...

The Bandicoot
2013-03-06, 02:28 PM
The gnome lowers his voice a bit. "Alright well I was wondering if you would e interested in helping the town guard. You would be working with five other prisoners and doing some possibly dangerous work. In return your sentence would be shortened and you would get to spend twelve hours a day outside the prison."

Grishnakh
2013-03-06, 03:18 PM
Būshndāg perks up a bit at the mention of "possibly dangerous work". He straightens and pounds himself on the chest with his fist. "Būshndāg not affraid of danger! Būshndāg do your puny work for you!" He slams a fist on the table to make his point, then cringes a bit as the noise makes his head hurt. He tries to hide it though, now that he knows you need him.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-06, 03:50 PM
Being that your hands are still manacled your chest-pounding looks a bit humorous. As your fist hits the desk it hits a quickly and convenietly placed ink splotch at the bottom of a piece of paper, leaving a print. "Cell A3 still has the extra-large bedding from the Greemlahn last week, stick him there." The gnome says. The guards unshackle, unmanacle, and uncollar you and take you to the elevator. Your cell is as described above but with a slightly bigger bedmat.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-07, 10:22 AM
Jor, you are stripped down to a tunic and pants and lead manacled, shackled, and you have a rope chok collar tied around your neck. The room and gnome is familiar due to the fact that you've spent some time here before. "Hey Jor , how've you been? Lets see.... Ouch. First Tier Theft of a Merchant's Home. What did you even steal?"

Augulus
2013-03-07, 12:43 PM
Jor inhales slowly through his nose, and opens his eyes. "Ahh, its you again. I've been well, thank you." The gnome reads the charges. Jor's brow wrinkles as if in deep thought. "Hmmm, lets see... Merchant's home, merchant's home... Right! I'm innocent, of course. If it had been me, you wouldn't be processing a case, I can tell you that much." This is all a mix-up. Let me buy you a drink, and we'll talk it over. Oh, and how are the wife and kids?" Jor asks, with just a hint of malevolence.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-07, 07:56 PM
The gnome sighs, pulls out a cigar and a dull metal rectangle. With a quick movement a small flame bursts from the end of the rectangle and the gnome lights his cigar. "Like it?" he asks, holding the rectangle up. "My nephew designed it, brilliant kid, it uses a flint to light a tiny bit of oil-soaked rag." the gnome smiles and blows a couple smoke rings into the air. "Alright Jor I'm going to be perfectly honest and maybe a bit cruel when I say that you've been pulled in for probably less than half of the crimes you've actually commited. So even if you didn't do this one, the five year sentence would keep a lot of people attached to their money." the gnome takes another drag. "But the guard wants me to put together a group of prisoners to do a community service gig. You'd end up doing about a years worth of time give or take." he slides the paper forward. "Either way, make your scrawl."

Augulus
2013-03-07, 08:13 PM
"Yes, yes, its quite lovely," Jor remarks in regards to the fire-apparatus. Jor's expression turns to mock indignation. "And you think I've been pulled in for half my crimes? You insult me!" Jor listens to the gnome's offer. "Community service, eh? You know that I don't play nice with the other prisoners... But hell, its better to walk the streets that rot in that excuse of a prison you're running here!" Jor leans forward with a manacled hand and signs his name in flowing script. "Alright you bastard. See you never again, eh?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-07, 10:58 PM
"I actually said less than half." the gnome says. "and you'll be seeing more of me since you'll still be staying here." he picks up the paper and turns to the guards "Cell A2 right between the half-ogre and the human." the guards unshackle/manacle you but keep the choke collar as they lead you into the elevator and down to your cell. Only once you're in the cell do they remove the rope and quickly slam the door shut.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-08, 10:31 AM
Brax, you are lead manacled and shackled dressed in only pants and a large ammount of bandages keeping your internal organs internal. The attack that ended your life and brought you into unlife left a wide gash across your torso.

The gnome looks up and looks down at a stack of five papers, paging through them with an interested look on his face. "Brax Cavianni. One charge of Researching Prohibited Magics, one Practicing Necromancy Without a License and one Creating Unlicensed Undead. Hmm...Now where is the unlicensed undead and why did you get such a sentence...." his eyes bulge out a bit when he reads further down the page and he squints his eyes looking at you. "That explains the bandage....Anyway you can either sit and rot, both figuratively and possibly literally, in your cell for a few years and try to fix that...." he points to your torso "yourself with the very limited materials in your cell....or you can sign up to do some community service, I'll have someone stitch you up, and get you an O.N.L.(Occupational Necromancy License)."

redzimmer
2013-03-08, 01:27 PM
Roland kneels in front of the cistern and intones in Infernal:

"O Lord favour me now," he begins, always good to be direct. "Grant me patience to fulfill you Great Vision and the power to implement it."

With the catechism out of the way, he went on to why he's contacting him.

"I beg you for a sign that tells me if I should bust out now or just stay the course and commit some state-sanctioned atrocities."

He gets up.

"Er... Amen."

redzimmer
2013-03-08, 05:42 PM
Did I just hear a voice through the privy?

Roland shakes his head dismissing the thought.

jywu98
2013-03-08, 06:09 PM
"Seems like the town guard desperately needs more people. Very well, I will help out." Brax eyes the gnome curiously with his one good eye. "So, what caused you to take up this job anyway?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-08, 06:13 PM
Almost as if on cue the noise of a dozen cell doors slamming shut clangs through your floor Roland. Which is odd, because when they dragged you down here you distinctly remember all the cell doors being closed.

redzimmer
2013-03-08, 06:19 PM
Roland smiles, knowing now his course.

Truly I am Chosen.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-08, 08:49 PM
"It's a stable job" The gnome says, sliding a piece of paper forward. "Make your scrawl." the guards unshackle and manacle you. "Keep in mind that any attempts at escape or attempts at raising the dead before you get your O.N.L. will result in two months in the pit." he scribbles something on a piece of paper and hands it to one of the guards, who walks off. "That's a request for The Seamstress to come down. She specializes in undead repair....I'm sure she'll be surprised that I requested her."

jywu98
2013-03-08, 09:35 PM
"That won't be necessary," Brax says as he signs on the piece of paper, "I don't think I'll be needing those anymore. Anyway, it was nice doing business with you." Brax smiles and extends out a pale, bony hand towards the gnome.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-08, 10:00 PM
"The repair is more for the public than it is for you. Can't have that bandage coming undone in the middle of the city." The gnome looks up at your hand and says "Cell A-7" the guards immediately move forward, bring you to the elevator, and then put you in your cell which the same as all the others.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-09, 12:38 PM
Zork, you are allowed your tunic, pants, and coat. You are manacled and you have a length of rope wrapped across your torso, pinning your wings to your back. You are lead into the room as described before and the gnome nods as you walk in the room. "Zork.....no last name.....Anthromorphic Bat......one count of Disrupting Comerce.....and one count of Possession of an Excessive Ammount of a Semi-Legal Substance Without Papers for Sale" he eyes you up and down before saying. "Do you understand these charges?"

Vizzi
2013-03-09, 04:29 PM
Zord looks around his beady little eyes roaming across the room in a lazy pattern until finally they focus on the gnome and widen in surprise and screams out slightly before exclaiming in surprise "A little human child!" his head boobing left and right stopping just as quickly mumbling to himself "No cant be, speaks much to good well. It could be a dwarf or something." his body leans forward focusing slowly on the gnome, and one could imagine as his eyes widen slightly that was the particular moment the questions entered fully into his mind, he smiles slightly "Disrupting commerce? I was merely fighting the capitalistic establishment and their unjust, unjust control upon the unjust and mighty unjust nature. Unjust." his head gives he pauses briefly and gives one final nod at his speech before continuing "Why i had the Happy Plants? Religious purposes and i misplaced my papers on the earlier expedition to fight the unjustly unjust enterprise." and with that sentence his tremendous effort to focus on the dwarf was expended and his eyes follow a particularly large and scary rabbit mumbling to himself.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-09, 04:48 PM
The gnome looks at Zork "Feywild stuff?" he asks aloud. When his eyes lose focus again he says with certainty "feywild." and the guards murmur in agreement. "Well whatever you think you did, thats what you've been charged with and you're going to be in jail for a long time without access to any of your semi-legal substances." he shrugs "or, you could agree to do some possibly dangerous work for the town-guard, you'd be out in a year or so, and I could get you some papers for the semi-legal substances if you promise not to smoke it all in one day. Sound like a deal to you?"

Vizzi
2013-03-09, 05:31 PM
As the small figure begins talking he finds some amusement at their conclusion, still he was offended the figure thought he would smoke it all in one day "Agreeable, should be enlightening." his eyes closed briefly as to avoid offending the Slaad dressed in the pink cardigan hovering nearby.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-10, 01:12 AM
The gnome pushes the piece of paper forwards. "Make your scrawl." The guards untie and unmanacle you and the gnome puts a short stack of papers into a folder, handing it to one of the guards. "Out of fourteen new arrivals four were blabbering about some parrot god, two tried to attack me, and two ended up dead before they even got here. Tell the head of the guard he has his six-man team, however well they'll do..." The guard nods and walks off.

Vizzi
2013-03-10, 08:14 AM
Zor slowly grabs the paper and slowly reading it before signing his name, as the small figure talks he smiles slightly "Auspicious, and dangerous reminds me of home." he grins at the figure his eyes gleaming with wisdom.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-10, 11:08 AM
"Where is your home? If you don't mind me asking." the gnome says. "Out in the east I imagine? Past the elves, over the oceans? I've seen a few members of your race before but most of you choose to stay in your jungle." he takes the paper and looks it over, nodding.

Vizzi
2013-03-10, 02:00 PM
His hard fought lucidity remaining whilst the pleasant conversation continued "Indeed, rather distant and my means of travelling here where mostly accidental, magic and all. Still i find the city rather pleasant in a way, very much like the jungle." he pauses grinning slightly "Although lacking in recreational drugs and rather harsh in their use apparently." his eyes close and his head bobs down "This was a nice conversation, perhaps when i am more lucid we could have a more interesting talk, after all you know where to find me if you so want."

The Bandicoot
2013-03-10, 07:38 PM
"Good point. Cell A6." The guards move you to the elevator and take you to your cell.
((I'll give you all a few posts to talk amongst yourself if you wish.))

redzimmer
2013-03-11, 12:21 AM
Content in his purpose, Roland lays back on his pallet and rests.

I will not underestimate the gnome again, he vows.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-11, 03:20 AM
The next day your non-magical clothing is returned to you at dawn. Brax, Thr Seamstress arrives and wordlessly stitches up your stomach. Before dawn on the second day you are all bound, blindfolded, lead up the elevator and into a wagon. Eventually your blindfolds are removed and you find yourself in a slightly larger room with the gnome at a desk and six crates behind him.

"Ok, now that you're all here I can explain some things to you. Every three days your group will be given a list of various things that the guard would like you to do. You may complete these in any order you wish but they must be completed before the next list is given. If they are not....bad things happen. If you try to escape...bad things happen. If you attack a town guard or someone who works for the city.....bad things happen. Now today each one of you will submit to a half hour procedure during which I will write certain symbols on you to make sure these bad things happen. After which you will go behind me, find the crate labled with your name, and retreive your gear. After which you will stand in front of the crate until called on....any questions

jywu98
2013-03-11, 05:35 AM
"What exactly are the bad things that will happen to us? Care to elaborate?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-11, 12:01 PM
"Well that depends on which of the rules you break. Try to escape and you plus anything you wear or grasp will glow bright orange and you'll find it difficult to move. You try to attack, you'll find it extremely difficult to do much of anything. If you don't finish the tasks you'll find yourself weaker and less dexterous for a short time and those three days won't count towards your time spent in jail. Oh! Speaking of which, the council has decided that each day spent doing community service such as this will count as three days spent in jail. Of course, I you do something extraordinary you might get more time off your sentence."

Hazuki
2013-03-11, 12:19 PM
Sonya Gwenning
~

Sonya arrived to the larger room, eyes blinking rapidly as she re-adjusted to the bright light without her blindfold, in something of a content mood. Her time spent in the solitude of cell had served its purpose well, so far, despite the fact that she found herself contemplating how she would manage to escape, should the situation spin rapidly out of her hands. Although she was not explicitly trained in the act, there was a good possibility of her managing the act, and that gave her some small comfort. Especially as she looked over the other criminals she would be paired with; some more...unusual than she'd expected.

Turning her head to face the Gnome's explanation of the sigils, she cleared her throat. "What if we find corruption in officials, and are unable to take action because of these runes?"

redzimmer
2013-03-11, 12:39 PM
Roland

Roland nods at the gnome trying his best to appear meek. Without another word he complies with the instructions given.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-11, 12:49 PM
"If you find corruption, bring it to my attention. If you do not provoke them and they attack you, they are not considered town guard and you may defend yourself."

The gnome points to Zork "Ah yes, your dire bat has been spotted flying around the area lately, so I imagine you'll be reunited soon."

Augulus
2013-03-11, 03:55 PM
Jor leans casually against the back wall, observing. The group gathered in the room certainly is diverse. A few others ask questions, and Jor waits patiently for a break in the responses. "So, if we were to gather, nay, acquire certain items of wealth, we would be entitled to keep such items, correct? You can't have us walking the streets as paupers, after all!"

Grishnakh
2013-03-11, 04:14 PM
Būshndāg stands among the others, not really listening to what was being said. He wouldn't understand much of it anyway. For him it was simple, do as your told and don't ask questions. He was used to that and it couldn't be much worse than his previous master, though this gnome was much smaller.

redzimmer
2013-03-11, 05:17 PM
Roland lets his eyes fall on each of his... teammates? Assessing each of them.

Some sort of Man-Bat, some sort of Woman-Cat, a Man-Goat, an underage ogre and a man who really needs some sun.

He wondered if it was too late to choose incarceration instead.

jywu98
2013-03-11, 05:18 PM
Brax turns towards the others. Casually, he asks, "So what are you guys in for?"

redzimmer
2013-03-11, 05:26 PM
Roland smiles at the pale man.

"Religious differences."

Hazuki
2013-03-11, 05:26 PM
Sonya Gwenning
~

The Gnome's answer was ill-satisfactory for Sonya as she listened with a curious ear and a skeptical mind. That kind of magic was extremely specific in its workings, involving magic involving at least the schools of Divination and Transmutation for the majority of effects, as well as some form of Abjuration that marked all the officials of the city with their own form of magical identification that could universally work with the brands for prisoners such as her. Whoever crafted the spell was certainly an intelligent arcanist, or the Gnome was bluffing, but she was more willing to believe in the abilities of a talented wizard in the kind of world that she lived in. Hopefully she would meet one such man once she was out of the prison's walls, depending on whether he was the kind of person that was like her, or the dour-faced human that stared at the rest of them.

Her pondering was caught off-guard by the question of another pale prisoner, asking his new colleagues what they were imprisoned for. An interesting question, but one she had no fear in answering. "Murder, Ser." She said simply and without shame.

Grishnakh
2013-03-11, 05:27 PM
Scratching his head Būshndāg answers: "Būshndāg have little argument with metal men. Then metal men get angry and there were lot's of metal men, so now Būshndāg here."

Vizzi
2013-03-11, 08:01 PM
"Fighting the proletariat establishment." Zor said with his eyes partly closed as he focused on the gnome "Could i not just promise not to escape? After all having that license would certainly make me happy enough to work. And intelligent conversation is always lacking in these parts." he smiles slightly well aware of what the gnomes response will be, still it would be nice to see his friend.

jywu98
2013-03-11, 08:53 PM
Brax's attention immediately focuses on the bat. "Such a interesting specimen. If something ever happens to you, would you be interested in donating your body to me for the advancement of science?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-11, 09:18 PM
"Jor, if you honestly obtain it then yes. By honestly I mean receive it as a gift or take it from the body of a criminal whom you have killed in defense of yourself or someone else. Of course you will have to turn it in and there will be at least a day wait while we check your story."

He beckons Sonya forward and says "and just so you all are on even terms, Brax is in here for researching prohibited magics and turning himself undead. Which I imagine is the science he is talking about."

To make a long story short he uses a wand to draw three glowing runes. One on your ankle, one on your wrist, and one on your forehead. Each runs takes ten minutes and they change to match your skin color within a couple minutes.

Cue character describation! ((Yes that's a word now))

redzimmer
2013-03-12, 12:17 AM
Roland

Undead? Wouldn't have been able to tell, Roland thought. He immediately tried to think of a way to exploit this person. He also pondered the tall one.

Yes, he looks quite useful... in a blunt force object sort of way.

Hazuki
2013-03-12, 01:43 AM
Sonya Gwenning
~ (http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/913/catgirl.png)
Sonya strode over to the Gnome with the direction of his diminutive hand, as he shared the details of the sole prisoner that hadn't revealed his secret. Her amber eyes looked him over a few more times, but flickered back to the Gnome and his desk before the staring could have been considered rude. Although the woman had studied Undead all the way back at her temple, she had yet to meet one, and this man in particular seemed particularly curious compared to everything she studied. A small feeling of unease worked its way into her stomach, but it was brushed off in light of more immediate things; there would be time to study Brax later. And whatever kind of sciences he liked to call the magic that his bones so clearly brandished.

The process of scribing the unique runes was relatively painless, despite the unwanted touching involved, and she soon found herself back at the chest that contained all of her valuable goods. With a swift flick, she removed the pale yellow shawl over her shoulders to reveal the empty black vest beneath, which too came off with a quick motion. Before a glance could be stolen at her lithe form, the finaly padded shimmering shirt in the trunk was wrapped around her and followed by the vest, in which a set of ten daggers were slid into barely-visible pouches and once again covered by her poncho. Few of her other possessions required such gusto, as the Catfolk clipped on her belt, slung the backpack over her slender shoulders, hung her quivers across her lower back and clasped her elegantly curved bow along with them. With a ruffle of her hair and a swish of her tail, Sonya was prepared for her first day of duty.

~

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/913/catgirl.png

jywu98
2013-03-12, 05:17 AM
Brax continues to study the other prisoners, his pale, gaunt face showing no signs of emotion. After a while, he proceeds to grab his equipment, consisting of no more than a glowing chain shirt, a scroll of some sort, and a hat. Upon putting on the hat, his shriveled, crooked body transforms into a body of a youthful youngster, brimming with vitality. "Apologies if my form unsettled you before.", he says, "There were some sacrifices that needed be to be made to further my studies. After all, success comes with a price."

Spellcraft check to identify the runes
[roll0]

Grishnakh
2013-03-12, 06:33 AM
Būshndāg is big and ugly. Being nearly nine feet in height he towers over everyone (especially the gnome), even though he is hunching his shoulders in an attempt to appear smaller. His skin has a greenish-tan cast to it and his hair has all the colors of brown in it you can imagine. With arms that seem a bit too long for his body and lower cuspids that could be called tusks, he has quite the beastial appearance. His past as a warrior is also clearly visible in the many scars that cover his body. Perhaps most unsettling of all is his face, both because he has one green eye and one brown and because he has some hideous scars on his face that look like they were made with a branding iron.

When the Warden Gnome comes to put the runes on him Būshndāg quietly submits to the ones on his wrist and ankle, but start making a bit of a fuss when it comes to his face (not surprising when you see the scars), refusing to bend down and turning his head away. When, after some effort and no doubt some hilarity, the gnome manages to put the mark on him you can hear him mumbling "That didn't burn at all" in a very surprised voice. After that he walks to the crates, first one then another, peering at the names written on them with his face so close it is almost touching the crate. He even goes so far as to pick one crate up and shake it a little, listening to what is inside, before putting it down again and walking to yet another crate. He seems quite lost.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-12, 08:56 AM
The gnome turns around, peers at the ogre, and points at one of the crates. " That one is yours. Had I known you illiterate I would have pointed it out earlier"

jywu98
2013-03-12, 09:34 AM
Brax, once again, attempts to initiate conversation with the gnome in order to know him better. "Warden, you must have quite experience with magic to be able to use that wand. Where did you learn it?"

redzimmer
2013-03-12, 11:16 AM
The rune scribing complete, Roland walks over to his crate. He straps on a breastplate over his muscular figure, and pulls on a cloak as well.

He then hefts a morningstar of some quality, checks to see if its enhancement crystal remains, and nods, satisfied.

He once again surveys his new companions. In turn they all get a better look at him. He might have been considered handsome if it wasn't for his arrogant bearing and constant sneer.

He has black, short-cropped hair, green eyes and a nose best described as aquiline. as he finishes donning his equipment, you get a better idea of his imposing image.

While not at all as physically imposing as Būshndāg, his large build suggests he is better suited for brute force than grace.

"So," he says, "let's do some good."

Grishnakh
2013-03-12, 11:17 AM
With a sheepish grin Būshndāg puts down the crate he was currently sniffing and opens his own crate. First he puts on a large chainshirt of the finest quality, making him look more like a warrior and less like a shabby monster. Then follow a big backpack (probably filled) and a very large bow that looks like it needs two strong man to draw, both get slung over his shoulders along with a few big quivers. The last item is his most prized possession, his warmace. This vicious looking weapon was specially made for Būshndāg. It is at least six and a half feet long and probably weighs more than the gnome does. It is hard to imagine anyone actually wielding the weapon and you can be sure the guards are glad he wasn't using it when they arrested him. A satisfied smile spreads across Būshndāgs lips as he holds it.

Hazuki
2013-03-12, 11:48 AM
Sonya Gwenning

The mage that dabbled in magicks necromantic struck up a conversation with the Gnome, striking him from Sonya's immediate list of people to talk with. There was a smug looking fellow nearby dressed like one of the elven knights she was so familiar with, but far less elegant and wielding a brutish weapon to boot; her first impression of the fellow hadn't been favorable, but there was another apparent brute that drew her attention. The hulk of a man with a horrendous visage that seemed to struggle with opening a chest. Although she couldn't guess his origins, she expected that he was from one of the tribes less educated than her own had been. Having negotiated with clans a fair few times in the plains outside of Elven lands, Sonya thought it best to converse with the man that seemed to share at least a basic cultural heritage with her.

Adjusting her leather glove as she went, Sonya approached Būshndāg on swift little feet and gazed up at the looming giant, at least as tall as her if she stood on the Gnome's head. "That's a beautiful weapon," She began to compliment him, keeping some distance for fear of startling him and accidentally getting injured. "I haven't seen anything like it in the lands where I come from! How did you acquire it?" While not as elegant as elven smithing, there was a kind of grotesque beauty to the warmace in Sonya's curious amber eyes. Where the line was drawn between disgust and beauty, she didn't know, but the possible cultural heritage hidden within that metalwork was quite promising indeed.

Augulus
2013-03-12, 12:12 PM
Jor watches curiously as the mark on his wrist disappears. He struts over to his box, gathers his belongings, and finds a chair in the corner of the room.

Fully dressed, Jor looks not too different from the average city-dweller. He's wearing brown leather pants and a black woven shirt. The observant might notice a finely crafted shirt of linked mithril under his tunic. Though its been rather hot out, he gathers up a beautifully sewn black cloak with sable trimmings. Jor swings the cloak around his shoulders, and it falls past his knees, almost to the ground. He straps on a pair of leather boots, obviously of elven make. Across his chest are three daggers, sheathed into a leather strap. A short sword, thin and deadly, hangs from either hip. "They're sister swords", Jor explains to anyone who asks. "Forged by the finest smiths in all of Tradton."

Jor San Vincent is lithe, rather short, and fairly normal compared to other humans. He has muddy brown eyes and tangled black hair.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-12, 12:19 PM
The gnome rummages through some papers and looks up. "I learned my magic over many years at the school of hard knocks." He grins and looks off as if reminiscing "needless to say I wasn't always a warden...." He finally pulls out two pieces of paper "but that is another story for another time. I've found your first two assignments. One is a missing persons case and the other is... A D.V.I.P. or Deitific Very Important Person..."

Grishnakh
2013-03-12, 01:00 PM
As Sonya compliments his weapon a beaming smile spreads across Būshndāgs face (tough on his face that might be more frightning than a frown). He crouches down next to Sonya so as not to tower over her.

"Būshndāg go to smith to get weapon. First Būshndāg try human smith and dwarf smith, but they all have puny weapons. Then Būshndāg find warmace, Būshndāg likes it but it is puny too. So Būshndāg go to mountains to look for Giant smith. Giant smith are expensive, but Būshndāg save lots of money after he leave master so Būshndāg can pay. Giant all say "no, Būshndāg should use hammer or club" but Būshndāg want warmace so now Būshndāg have warmace." He thinks it over one more time, then nods with a grin, satified with his story.

Throughout the story Sonya might notice that Būshndāg is openly staring at her, quite rudely actually, though that is not his intent. After another long look he finally asks: "Būshndāg not see any Cat-girl before. Is tail not difficult for walking and running?"

redzimmer
2013-03-12, 02:38 PM
Roland

Taking a closer look at Jor, Roland reconsiders his first assessment of him.

knowlege - the planes

[roll0]

:elan: Is he a water elemental? I'm pretty sure he's a water elemental!

"So you know our... benefactor?" he asks Jor in Infernal, testing his theory.

Augulus
2013-03-12, 03:26 PM
Jor San Vincent

Jor notices the human, Roland, studying him intently. Slightly bemused, Jor stares back. When Roland asks Jor a question in Infernal, Jor is caught off-guard.

Its been a while since he's used Infernal, but he manages, "I work for myself. A free agent, if you will. Yourself?"

You've correctly identified Jor as a celestial tree sloth, congratulations!

redzimmer
2013-03-12, 03:59 PM
"I have recently made a career change myself." Roland says still in Infernal, briefly holding out a desecrated holy symbol of Bahamut.

"Perhaps we might have goals not exclusive of each other."

He remembers the gnomes gift for languages, and ends the conversation.

He switches to Common and addresses all the gathered humanoids.

"I expect we shall want more details on these tasks, yes?"

Hazuki
2013-03-12, 04:15 PM
Sonya Gwenning

The curious expression that covered Būshndāg's face at the end of Sonya's question was far more alien than any grin she'd ever seen before, but surely enough, it was there and made her all the more pleased for it. He even crouched down beside her so as not to intimidate her spindly frame, short even by the standards of humans and elves. Although the signs pointed to a possible relationship of friendliness, she remembered the wisdom of her tribe in petting dangerous animals. They could just as easily turn on their allies as help them lick their wounds, and she would need to be careful when socially maneuvering around the fellow. As he told his tale of finding a smith, notably lacking the linguistic skill to use proper Common pronouns, Sonya caught a glimpse of the heavily armored fellow flashing an unusual object that seemed to resemble a holy symbol, though she couldn't recognize the symbol itself. Something to raise at a later date, if he proved the talkative type, preferably not in the wicked language he was speaking with at that time.

"An interesting tale, Būshndāg!" Sonya began, stumbling over her pronunciation of the crouching chap's name slightly and looking just as silly to him as his inarticulacy did to her. "I could only imagine what the forges of the Giants look like; surely something to rival the Dwarves in their ages of glory." Her cultural imaginations were pushed aside for the moment, as her ivory tail whipped slightly to the side with its mention. "I like my tail," She shot a fanged grin up at the gentle brute. "It actually helps with balancing, and I wear loose clothing like this so it doesn't distract me." Sonya gave a demonstrative flick at the crimson sash wrapped around her waist.

Vizzi
2013-03-12, 04:21 PM
"Indeed, only a fool rushes without sufficient information." he says rather bored as he checks his small pack, his wings twitching slightly.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-12, 05:36 PM
The gnome peers at one paper"The missing person is Zor, an old gnome wizard. He's a bit of a crackpot inventor when it comes to magic, his two acre plot in the dwarven district is all fenced off and there are warning signs a block in every direction. He nor any of his creations have been seen for two months. "
He peers at the other paper. "The D.V.I.P. is Amagarth,god of bards, one of two gods that gained their godhood in Tradton, and head of the largest bard college in the continent. He recently returned from a year long adventure and we want to make sure he's happy and content."

jywu98
2013-03-12, 05:47 PM
"The case about the wizard seems interesting enough. What do you guys think?"

Grishnakh
2013-03-12, 05:49 PM
Būshndāg thinks, then nods. "Būshndāg want to go see funny things wizard make."

Hazuki
2013-03-12, 05:57 PM
Sonya Gwenning

"Yo, bro, I think that questage is tight." Sonya most definitely did not anachronistically say, instead turning to look at the disguised Brax whose illusions would have fooled most civilians. It should have been expected that he'd be interested in what he would probably see as a fellow scientist, though she doubted there were many Wizards that would share his supposed fascination with the unliving to take it into whatever ritual he'd used. At least, not until they were approaching old age and ungracefully took a fall from fear. Strange people indeed, those who wielded power beyond mortals still falling victim to the weaknesses of such. Not even the elves were immune to those fears and the constant struggle against entropy.

"Meeting with the Wizard seems like a fine task." As long as he hadn't taken a deep plunge into the pool of insanity, she quietly thought. Those who wielded magic were tricky enough, without quirks, and it was just as likely the Gnomish Wizard was hiding from somebody or something than he'd been killed or kidnapped. She subconsciously brushed aside a braid of hair, as she looked to the Warden Gnome. "Do you happen to know what kind of Wizard he is, Ser?"

redzimmer
2013-03-12, 06:02 PM
"I have little patience for gods of frivolity," Roland says.

"Let us rescue the wizard."

The Bandicoot
2013-03-12, 07:38 PM
"Short answer? No. I don't know. Long answer? Supposedly has been here since there were actual dwarves in the dwarven district. Now I don't know about that, but if it's true? A gnome with that kind of time on his hands? Probably isn't much magic he doesn't know about." He holds out the two pieces of paper "Here's the information on both assignments including where they are. Be back here by dusk."

A door behind you opens to the outside and just as soon as it's open a small scuffle is heard before a dire bat flies in and nearly tackles Zork to the ground happily.

Vizzi
2013-03-12, 09:38 PM
"Oh sweetie, i know you missed me, i missed you too." he says quietly as he begins petting his sister "I promise i will avoid disappearing without warning." he scratches behind her ears earning a sound of approval.

Augulus
2013-03-12, 10:03 PM
Jor stands in front of the small band of strangely attired and mismatched (mostly) humanoids. "Well then! Time is short, and our task vague. Let us depart!" After reading the paper from Sir Gnome, Jor exclaims, "Aha! I know just where this is! Follow me!" Turning around, he sees all but Būshndāg comprehend. "Someone explain whats going on to the big fellow, please!"

Hazuki
2013-03-13, 11:33 AM
Sonya Gwenning

Having watched the curious man make an even more curious display of enthusiasm and ineffective bravado, including an unnecessary insult to the fellow who'd proven himself cordial, Sonya approached Jor with a small smile and an introductory nod. "Could you show me the papers the Warden handed to you, please, Ser? My skills are in knowledge, and I might be able to make some use of the information therein." She cordially requested, after a brief check over her equipment to make sure it was all steady and prepared for their journey through the busy streets of Tradton. Acting as guards without any badge of office, no less, but she assumed the actual city guards would have some method of identifying them.

Augulus
2013-03-13, 04:33 PM
Jor stands in front of the group, awkwardly met with silence. The cat-lady steps forward to Jor's relief. He hands over the papers to her and slinks back to the rear of the group, avoiding eye contact with the others.

Grishnakh
2013-03-13, 04:55 PM
Būshndāg comes forward and asks his new friend Sonya: "Us go to wizard now?"

redzimmer
2013-03-13, 05:11 PM
Roland

"It just struck me, Milord," Roland says to his gnome jailer/employer, "do we acts as officers of the law/ Will you disavow any knowledge of us et cetera?"

He leans into the sheet held by the humanoid cat to see what detail he can gather.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-13, 08:01 PM
The gnome looks up, smiles and says "Right now your legal status is somewhere between incarcerated prisoner and town guard. Exactly what that means you'll figure out soon enough I imagine."

As far as the paper goes there isn't much information. A name, where he lives, where his last known location was(which is his address), and an aproximate age which happens to be 100-1000.

Hazuki
2013-03-14, 12:00 AM
Sonya Gwenning

Sonya glanced over the scarce information contained on the document with something of a wearisome twist to her lips. There was little enough information that the officials of the guard had provided them with, especially in regards to their duty and, right now, their charge. She was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to a simple lack of the resources needed to gather information about the citizen, but she made sure to store the thought that they were manipulating their prisoners for their own amusement. As she was about to offer the others present a look at the paper, her own knowledge of the individual skipping away merrily on the horizon, she noticed the heavily armored man with more bulk than a pony trying to peek over her shoulder and sharply turned her head with a raised eyebrow.

"You are either rude or long for the touch of a woman. I will gladly pay for the services of a whore on your behalf, if it's the latter." The Catgirl told Roland in a tone with no malice; she didn't particularly approve of the lifestyle of low-quality prostitutes, spreading diseases among the poor and making them even weaker, but it would be better to pay for one such woman's meal to get this fellow away from harassing her. "Would anybody else like to take a look at the document, before we leave?""

redzimmer
2013-03-14, 12:16 AM
"I am uncertain who elected you as our leader, milady," Roland says mildly.

He remains unperturbed, though noting the claws on her hands could do some malicious wounds.

Hazuki
2013-03-14, 12:18 AM
Sonya Gwenning

"I am uncertain who elected you as our critic, Ser." Sonys said as she turned her amber eyes to face the man again, tilting her head in curiosity at his strange animosity. For a man who used etiquette, his words were remarkably unkind.

jywu98
2013-03-14, 09:22 AM
"I would like to have a look at that document.", Brax says, interrupting the argument between the two. He pauses for a second, then adds, "Calm down, you two. None of us want to be here, but we're stuck together for now, so please endure it."

redzimmer
2013-03-14, 12:43 PM
Roland

"Indeed," Roland agrees, moving slightly back from the catfolk, "we can hedge out which of us cadre of state-sanctioned slaves is in charge later."

An address would be a small thing to start with, but it was at least something.

"Shall we?"

Not waiting for a response, he... asks a prison guard for directions.

Gather Information
[roll0]

And promptly gets lost walking to the guard.

Grishnakh
2013-03-14, 12:55 PM
Būshndāg had followed little of what was happening, simply waiting for the others to tell him what to do. At Rolands uttering of the word 'slave' however, his demeanor suddenly changes. With an angry scowl on his face Būshndāg quickly strides to Roland, brandishing his warmace. "Little man not lie!" he nearly shouts "Būshndāg not a slave, Būshndāg free man!!" Clearly the word has upset him...

Hazuki
2013-03-14, 01:06 PM
Sonya Gwenning

The situation only grew more confusing for Sonya as the supposed scientist made a claim of leadership, followed by an escape by the armored man from their conversation that he apparently wished to abscond from. She had made not a single claim for leadership, merely offering the document to whoever wished to hold it, which led her to the conclusion that these were the kind of people that constantly vied for leadership and others invading their territory, even were it a simple polite offer. She briefly entertained the notion of choosing her words more carefully, but they would apply their own meanings to her words regardless of how well she chose them or eloquently she phrased them. It would be better to allow them their power plays and hop in only when something disastrous was to happen.

Such as the sudden and surprising outburst from Būshndāg, whose rage had burst forth like an overburdened dam and brandished against the overzealous fellow far more quickly than she'd have expected from one of his size. The armored man did not seem like the type to wish for her aid, however, and she wouldn't deny Būshndāg his right to be angry the fellow for what was, to him, an insult. Better to let the anger pass and the situation be known, lest any further slips of the tongue create an aura of confrontation like this one. Instead, she handed the document on Zor to Brax and watched the situation unfold.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-14, 01:17 PM
A sheep with strikingly neon-yellow colored ram bleats and trots straight through the middle of your group, a similarly colored small monkey riding on his back. The monkey seems to be wearing a red suit and tie along with a red bowler hat, monocle, and walking cane. The monkey murmurs "Come on then Dandelion, it's been a long trip and Master Zor expected us three days ago."

redzimmer
2013-03-14, 01:57 PM
Roland

Roland takes one small step back, raising his hands in a sign of unarmed acquiescence.

"Perhaps you misheard me," he tries, pointing at Brax then himself. "I meant that I and the other human are slaves. One as strong as you is clearly no slave."

Roland measures the giant. Certainly he would prove a dangerous adversary, but with the right kind of coercion he would be and equally valuable ally.

redzimmer
2013-03-14, 02:02 PM
Roland

Before the undead creature can comment, Roland attempts to change the subject.

"Harken, a talking monkey."

Roland follows the ram-jockey monkey and tries to get its attention.

"You there, primate! May we have a word?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-14, 02:34 PM
"A word? Yes. If you can keep up. Already late you see, three days late in fact." the monkey says as the ram keeps going at a steady pace. "Ronald B. Hemingsworth" he says, tipping his hat. "How may I be of service?"

redzimmer
2013-03-14, 02:56 PM
Roland

"We are seeking information on your associate, a Mr. Zor," he says. "Did he mention any trips or plans to be absent?"

Also, he thought, did anyone tell you you are a talking monkey?

Grishnakh
2013-03-14, 04:36 PM
Būshndāg snorts once, not sure if he is being mocked or not, but decides to accept Rolands words. He steps back, muttering to himself and stroking the big brass ring he wears on his right index finger.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-14, 11:22 PM
"No, no mention of such things was made to me. Master Zor rarely leaves the dwarven district, he leaves the city even less so. When he does it is usually at the behest of an old friend or someone else asking for a favor." The monkey reaches into his suitcoat and pulls out a tiny envelope. "A favor such as this, although my personal recommendation will be that he does not go on this little goose chase. Even if it is from an old friend across the ocean the slate between them is clean and every teleporting mishap does not require intervention from Master Zor.

redzimmer
2013-03-15, 12:37 AM
"I... see," Roland says to the monkey. "Just so that we are on the same page, you are a talking monkey, yes?"

Roland looks over at his... co-workers? Cohorts? and points to Zork and Sonya perhaps to elicit some fellow talking animal solidarity.

"My friends here are also looking for Master Zor. Perhaps you could assist us?"

Gather Information Take Two

[roll0]

I don't mean to monopolize Mr. Hemmingsworth, I'll take a break and let everyone else have a turn now.

jywu98
2013-03-15, 04:30 AM
Offended by Roland's comment, Brax retorts, "In case you haven't noticed, I am not human anymore." Brax then turns towards the monkey, gazing curiously at it. There is obviously some sort of spell cast to make the monkey talk. Or is it really a talking monkey?

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1]

The Bandicoot
2013-03-15, 10:37 AM
"I am going to do you two favors." The monkey says "One, I am going to continue on my way to Master Zor's house. Two, I am going to assume that you did not intend to insult me, because despite everything you seem to be a pleasent little band of misfits."

redzimmer
2013-03-15, 01:19 PM
Roland

Roland is baffled by the talking monkey's gruff response. He goes through his previous conversation and looks for whatever it was that could have so offended the strange little abomination.

He shrugs. The feelings of non-humans weren't his problem.

Deciding that it just wasn't his day for interrelations, Roland keeps his mouth shut and follows.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-16, 02:48 PM
True to the gnome's description, about a block away from the gnome's house you see signs that have this warning in common, draconic, gnomeish, and elvish 'Warning! Experimental magic nearby! Report any strange happenings to the town guard immediately!'

You come to a ten foot tall wrought-iron fence thickly entangled with vines and shrubbery. The top of the fence is thick with thorns, and Ronald stares intently at them. "Oh dear, those are new..." the ram beings a slow walk down the fenceline with Ronald checking each bar of the fence. "Will one of you help me please? There is one of these posts that's a big dingy red color...."

redzimmer
2013-03-16, 02:55 PM
Roland

Roland continues to search the fence bars for the dingy red one.

Search
[roll0]

Augulus
2013-03-16, 03:36 PM
Jor San Vincent

Jor begins looking for a red post. "Its right there. Obviously," he scoffs, while he points farther along the fence.

Spot: [roll0]

Arriving at what he thought was the red post, Jor finds a string of red berries hanging off the overgrown shrub instead. "Delicious! These will make a perfect lunchtime snack..." He gathers up a handful of berries and shoves them into a coat pocket for safekeeping.

Grishnakh
2013-03-16, 04:48 PM
As everyone stops to study the fence and search for a red bar, Būshndāg scratches his chin and steps forward. "If fence be in way, Būshndāg make it go out of way." After which he proceeds to step up to the fence, grasp the bars and try to do just that: lift, pull or push the fence out of the way.

I'm guessing a Strength-check is in order.
[roll0]

Ah, the dice really love me... :smallsigh:

Oh well, if the fence doesn't electrocute me I can always try smashing my way through.

redzimmer
2013-03-16, 05:13 PM
Roland

Roland begins to quietly chant to himself in Infernal...

"O Lord of the Nine, King of Hell, grant me guidance in this search."

casting guidance, my PC's 3/day 0-level spell.

[roll0]

Whoops. Forgot to sacrifice a chicken I guess.

Vizzi
2013-03-16, 06:24 PM
Zork slightly amused by the various attempts drops down from his mighty mount and flies up into the air quite a bit higher than the fence, making sure that Mandy knows to catch him if he falls he tries to move beyond the perimeter of the fence.

Hazuki
2013-03-17, 12:56 PM
Sonya Gwenning

The monkey, in and of itself, was not a terribly huge surprise to Sonya, as she had seen many stranger things summoned by the mages of her second city, and the change of color was little more than a cantrip to those who knew the right few tricks. Even a particularly dedicated person without any magical skill at all would have been able to do it, with enough dedication and a few buckets of dye. She was more willing to believe that Ronald B. Hemingsworth was somehow created or affiliated with Zor than somebody decided to mess around with strangers for no reason at all, and found the armored man's decision to attempt diplomacy with Ser Hemmingsworth only slightly less amusing then the territoriality shown by the undead scientist. It only lent further credence to her theory of them being the kind to fight over scraps.

When Ser Hemmingsworth led them to the district of Dwarves and the massive fence that surrounded the place, Sonya watched as most of the group looked confounded as they searched over the surrounding grounds multiple times, only to be distracted or baffled, Būshndāg attempted to pull the fence out of the ground or another maneuver somebody without much knowledge of mages would try, and the bat duo attempted to apparently fly over the fence. If it were that simple, she reasoned, anybody could have leaped over the fence, from a particularly dedicated thief to children forming a humanoid pyramid. Regardless, she soon set to work prowling the grounds around the fence, until her keen Catfolk eyes found the dingy red post mentioned by the monocled monkey.

"Found it." Sonya called out and pointed to the red post, but made sure not to touch it or approach it.

redzimmer
2013-03-17, 03:31 PM
Roland

How did I miss that? Roland thought, chagrined. This catfolk was crafty. She'd need to be watched colsely from now on.

Vizzi
2013-03-17, 03:44 PM
Zork slightly amused at what he saw beyond the fence fly0s towards the building making sure to fly high and circling back towards the group.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-17, 09:11 PM
Ronald dismounts Dandelion and walks over to the red fence post, sizing it up. "Well, here's hoping he didn't change the combination, eh?" He says, putting his hands on the post. He easily picks it up out of the ground and with a few twists and turns he drops it. There is a pause and a five foot section of fence posts disappear into the ground.

What is beyond the fence you might ask? Two acres of potatoes in various states of growth and harvest with a latrine right in the middle. "Well.....this is new....and strangely so....not in Master Zor's usual style at all...

redzimmer
2013-03-17, 11:38 PM
Roland

Unwilling to let the catfolk take all the credit, Roland barges into to potato field without a second glance.

"All right then, let's find this gnome before we break curfew and no one gets dessert."

jywu98
2013-03-18, 12:21 AM
"My apologies for not helping out. I am not very good at finding things."

The Bandicoot
2013-03-19, 12:35 AM
The walk to the latrine is completely uneventful. However, when Ronald goes to open the door a shrill voice cries out. "Yooouuuu may not enter awakened celestial primate! But you others may......IF you answer my riddles seven....it isn't seven? It isn't nine! No you buffoon it isn't two! Stop trying to grab the blasted..... THREE! You must answer my riddles three!"

Ronald looks completely baffled.

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 01:04 AM
Roland

"Theatrical nonsense," Roland mutters, knocking on the privy door.

"Ho there, voice! Ask me you riddle then open the thrice-blessed door!"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-20, 09:57 AM
"The first riddle is.....WHAT....is in my pocket?" there is a short pause before the shrill voice pipes up again in a more hushed tone. "That is TOO a riddle you bumbling buffoon. Well that's YOUR opinion, and an opinion I don't much care for!" Suddenly louder "IF YOU KEEP TRYING TO GRAB THE THING I'M GONNA KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE SPROUT!"

redzimmer
2013-03-20, 11:01 AM
Roland

Roland mutters profanities in Infernal (A good language for swearing), then knocks again.

"We're looking for Zor! He is a gnome! Hello?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-20, 11:45 AM
"Ok maybe that wasn't a riddle but this one is! What has eyes but cannot see, grows above but it's treasure lies below, and must be cut apart to reproduce!"

redzimmer
2013-03-20, 12:37 PM
Roland

Roland gets more and more perturbed as the talking latrine continues its prattling.

"A potato!"

Or was an neo-otyugh?

The Bandicoot
2013-03-20, 01:12 PM
"Good answer! I also would have accepted a gelatinous cube as an answer." A bit of muttering is heard "What is unedible when raw but delicious when fried, baked, mashed, roasted, broasted, broiled, and boiled?"

redzimmer
2013-03-20, 01:23 PM
Roland

Roland grows more and more impatient. He reaches into the soil and pulls out a couple of robust tubers.

"I have a riddle for you: what can be inserted into your backside by my mailed fist?"

intimidate

[roll0]

The Bandicoot
2013-03-20, 04:13 PM
"Aw isn't that cute. The man on the other side of the door thinks he can threaten me." a short pause followed by quiet speaking "a cuttlefish? The hell is a cuttlefish? I can't turn him into a cuttlefish. Maybe rust his shiny mace to hell but the boss didn't give me any polymorphing things." now a pause before a shout "I TOLD YA I'D KICK YA IN THE SPROUT YA IGGIT!" another pause before the normal volume level resumes. "The last one is this. How many gold coins can you put in a completely empty bucket?"

redzimmer
2013-03-20, 04:27 PM
Roland

"None, or it wouldn't be empty," Roland hazards.

He pauses.

"A potato?"

The Bandicoot
2013-03-20, 04:42 PM
Laughing is heard. "The first one was right but I like your thinking." The sound of an enormous bolt sliding out of a door is heard and the voice pipes up again. "Feel free to come in, I'll be the second door on your left."

redzimmer
2013-03-20, 04:54 PM
Roland

"Ho there, friends," says Roland to the others. "I have found a way in!"

He waited for them to join him; he was in no hurry to enter the building alone.

It just made sense tactically, he told himself.

Grishnakh
2013-03-20, 05:13 PM
Hearing Roland call out Būshndāg looks up and walks over. "We go in now?" he asks, after which he will follow anyone pointing him in the right direction.

jywu98
2013-03-20, 08:29 PM
"Thank you, Roland."
Brax proceeds to lead Bushndag to where Roland is.

Augulus
2013-03-20, 10:58 PM
Jor takes a quick look about. It seems like everyone else is entering the building, so he might as well too.

Before leaving, he reaches down to a leafy bush and yanks up a potato. "With the way those questions went, this may very well be useful..."

The Bandicoot
2013-03-21, 06:32 AM
As you open and walk through the privy door you come into a 30 by 30 room with a dome ceiling about 40 feet up. The walls, floor, and ceiling are all made of marble and while the floor looks very dirty you can see intricate carvings of symbols on the walls. In front of you is a ten foot wide hallway with doors on either side. You can't really see the end of the hallway.

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 11:24 AM
Roland

"Second door on the left, he said," Roland says, entering after he saw neither Jor, Brax nor Būshndāg disintegrated or anything.

Vizzi
2013-03-21, 12:02 PM
As Zor mounts his faithfull steed once again in the air he swoops in with the rest of the group, his eyes and senses carefully watch all around him for any sign of trouble, methodically tracing every inch of hallway with great care and experience, after all the jungle was much more confusing he pauses slightly taking care to try and decipher some of the symbols.

Spot:
[roll0]

Spellcraft:
[roll1]

Augulus
2013-03-21, 12:18 PM
Jor wanders slowly around the room, stopping occasionally to peer closely at a few of the carvings. He checks the floor, ceiling, and walls for unusual signs.

Search (for traps?): [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

jywu98
2013-03-22, 09:18 PM
Brax cautiously walks forward, trailing behind Jor and Zor.

Do I detect anything with Lifesense?

Hazuki
2013-03-24, 05:17 AM
Sonya Gwenning

Sonya hesitated for quite a while at the mouth of the fence into the Wizard's domain; it was against her better judgement to wander inside, but it was the reasoning that the Wizard would most certainly be prosecuted for anything malevolent and if he had no record of it already, they were relatively safe. Still, she took no chances with her precautions, as she followed Roland into Zor's home proper and made it a point not to look closely at any of the runes that lined the place.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-27, 01:55 PM
The second door on the left opens into a small room. Off to the right side is a small bubbling tub big enough for a gnome with three sprouted potatoes floating in it and off to the left is a small tub full of dirt with four potatoes planted. Right in the center of the room is small pedestal with spiral stairs leading up to the top of it. Atop it is a sprouted potato laying atop a fat, purring cat which lays atop a luxurious cushion.

Hazuki
2013-03-27, 02:11 PM
Sonya Gwenning

Sonya frowned ever so slightly as she entered the room proper, slightly frustrated by the ongoing strange situations and the revelation which she found herself receiving. "Hello?" She asked the cat in Feline, wondering whether it would be able to talk with her in a language she knew rather than the mysterious ones she'd been hearing for much of the day. She also cast her gaze across some of the gathered potatoes, the ones she knew to be special, and spoke in Common, Elven, then Draconic, in an attempt to communicate with them. "Forgive my curiosity, but why are you mages disguised as potatoes?" She queried, attempting to remain respectful with her gaze by not looking at their roots.

redzimmer
2013-03-27, 03:31 PM
Roland

Roland surreptitiously hefts his morningstar upon hearing the potatoes may not be what they seem.

Grishnakh
2013-03-27, 04:47 PM
Būshndāg looks around in confusion, scratches his head, then looks intently at Sonya. There was only one possibility, his new friend had clearly lost her mind. And as her friend it was his duty to help her regain it.

Bending slightly he taps her on the shoulder and whispers (quite loudly and audibly for everyone): "Silly Sonya, potatoes not talk. No good talking to the potato-soup, soup is for eating not talking to." After which he proceeds to the bubbling tub, intent on showing Sonya just how one eats potato-soup.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-27, 10:16 PM
A slow, low-toned voice emenates from the tub of water. "Aren't we all potatoes maaan? I mean, like, at the center at the HEART of things aren't we?" Another voice emenates from the tub. "Woah dude, that's deep... how much did you put in the water dude? I'm barely feeling anything."

"I put enough in maan, you've gotta give it tiiime. Let it soak in."

"Well **** dude, I've been in here long enough I think I'm starting to boil."

High-pitched giggleing comes from the tub and then one of the potatoes pulls itself up and out of the tub using one of its roots and looks at Bushnag. "Woah maaan back up. Yous harshin my mellow with them hungry eyes man."

jywu98
2013-03-28, 09:24 AM
"What in the world are these things? Talking potatoes? I can't believe my eyes!"

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

Grishnakh
2013-03-29, 03:45 PM
Būshndāg looks at the walking, talking potato in consternation. No no, potatoes not talk. Must not let others see, they think Būshndāg go mad, too. Not good, must fix quickly. He bends over toward the potato making hushing motions and says a bit more quietly this time. "Potato should not talk. Everyone know potato not talk. Now be quiet and get back in tub." He reaches out to pick the potato up and deposit it back into it's tub, where it belongs.

redzimmer
2013-03-29, 09:19 PM
Roland

Roland decides that this has to be some sort illusion. Or a magical experiment gone horribly wrong. He turns to his companions.

"Did we have standing orders regarding collateral damage?"

Hazuki
2013-03-29, 09:34 PM
Sonya Gwenning

The response of the potatoes, and the lack of one from the cat, were fairly unhelpful by their own right, but the fact that the gentle giant had gone to pick them up made the Catfolk's eyes widen immensely. But his action had already been decided on, and whatever ire he drew from the potatoes was sure to come regardless of whether she tried to intervene or not. If it was something particularly harmful, she would have to intervene, but first there was another issue to deal with. Roland's question. "Of course we do!" She smiled at the fellow. "You hurt innocents, I hurt you."

Augulus
2013-03-29, 10:57 PM
Jor was surprised by the catfolk's response. He had had her pegged as just another thief who found herself in the city dungeons, yet here she was, claiming to "protect the innocents." Jor decided that he would need to be careful when hurting innocents, at least with this one around.

redzimmer
2013-03-29, 11:43 PM
Roland

"Then by all means," Roland says, eyes narrowing, "cast detect innocence. I trust you are a paladin who can see into the very hearts of men?"

Roland sneers, pleased at his own wit.

The Bandicoot
2013-03-30, 01:57 AM
Bush suddenly finds himself transfixed as two of the potatoes turn to him. "Hey maaan, be our friend not our foe." One says "Put him down, we aren't hostile." To Bush, both of these sound like very good ideas.

The one laying on the cat stands up and turns to Roland. "Collateral damage?" He asks "You come into MY house and talk of collateral damage? Just because I haven't fixed myself after a polymorph went bad does not mean I cannot strike you down in the blink of an eye!"

Hazuki
2013-03-30, 05:45 AM
Sonya Gwenning

"I'd prefer to see you cast Detect Guilt first." Sonya retorted, flashing her fanged smile at Roland again before she paid attention to the growing confrontation with the potatoes claiming to be mages gone wrong. "Please, some of us don't mean any offense, Ser. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to tell us a little about this place we find ourselves searching?" She requested, still quite unsure of where to rest her eyes when talking with a potato. The eye didn't seem particularly suitable considering...certain aspects of certain things that could deem it improper.

jywu98
2013-03-30, 06:58 AM
"Polymorph? I could've sworn you were awakened!" Brax approaches the potato. "Do you mind telling us what happened?"

Grishnakh
2013-03-30, 07:50 AM
After being adressed by the potatoes again Būshndāg slowly blinks, the magical effects setting in. He smiles and sets the potato back on the ground, gently brushing it's ruffled leaves (or at least as gently as he can).
At the angry exchange between Roland and the cat-riding potato Būshndāg chimes in, frowning and tapping his foot: "Yeah! Potatoes are friend, not enemy. What did potato ever do to you?"

redzimmer
2013-03-30, 12:29 PM
Roland

Finally, Roland thought. Finally he was getting a measure of his cellmates and he was finally getting a result on his "mission".

"Pray forgive me friend wizard, I allowed my temper to take the better of me. In fact we have been tasked with finding you and your whereabouts. Can we be of any assistance with your condition?"

And to hopefully mollify the enchanted tuber

Diplomacy
[roll0]

The Bandicoot
2013-03-31, 10:22 PM
The Zor-potato turns back towards the cat, whose ears perk up. "Funny thing about that...." he says. "It was a bit of an experiment you see....I was trying to.......combine the effects of awaken and polymorph on a massive scale.....it worked.....kind've..... a lot of potatoes were awakened and I caught the full backlash of the polymorph which is the reason as to my current condition.....Oh! Forgive me! I'm being an ungrateful host. Can I interest you in some food? Wine? Ale? Hard liquor? Semi-legal substances?"

[roll0]
Everyone gets a sense motive roll. That roll's result is the DC to beat.

redzimmer
2013-03-31, 11:29 PM
Roland

"Most gracious, Lord Zor," Roland replies.

[roll[1d20+2[/roll]

Whoops

redzimmer
2013-03-31, 11:30 PM
Roland

[roll0]

What harm in accepting a drink from a vegetable? Roland thinks.

"Do you have any drow wine?" he asked.

jywu98
2013-04-01, 09:18 AM
Brax, his eagerness to talk to the wizard now heightened by his curiosity, attempts to strike up a conversation with him.

"Transmutation seems like a weird choice for gnomes, considering that your people have an innate talent for the arts of Illusion. Is there a particular reason you chose to experiment on Transmutation? Also, what are your thoughts on the Necromancy school? Has potential for development too, don't you think?"

Vizzi
2013-04-01, 04:18 PM
At hearing the various things the Zor-potatoe offered his eyes focused intently "Semi-legal substances? Tell me more." he leaned forward.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

The Bandicoot
2013-04-01, 07:51 PM
Zor-potato turns to Brax. "No particular reason, just something to do really. I tend to study all schools of magic, including necromancy. Which is indeed a valid school for development."

"Well I have a wide selection of alcohols that straddle the line between alcohol, medicine, and narcotics as well as a wide variety of various herbs and incenses. Hell, if you want you can take a dip in the tub. It has about a pound of high-quality Plane of Shadow stuff that's been brewing in their for a while. Gets absorbed by the skin pretty easily."

The potatoes climb out of the tub.

redzimmer
2013-04-02, 12:28 AM
Roland

"You mentioned running afoul with 'polymorph'," Roland asks, "is there anything we can do to help? As I mentioned we are city employees sent here to discern your whereabouts and well-being."

jywu98
2013-04-02, 06:59 AM
"So what does the tub do?"

The Bandicoot
2013-04-02, 07:23 AM
"It's heated and has a few air jets that cause the bubbles. Also, as I just said, it has a pound of a semi-legal substance that has been in there for about an hour now."

The Zor-potato walks towards the door. "Lets get you some of that drow wine and some.....ale for everyone else? Sound good?" The cat gets up and strides over to the Zor-potato's side."Ok Mr.Snufflebutt I'll get you some milk."

redzimmer
2013-04-02, 12:19 PM
Roland

The potato mage evaded my question, Roland thought. What is he up to?

If allowed another sense motive

[roll0]

If not, at least a knowledge arcana to see if a polymorphed potato can act so.. anthropomorphic.

[roll1]

Hazuki
2013-04-02, 02:56 PM
Sonya Gwenning

Sonya shoots a smile down at the potato as it leaves for the door with Mr. Snufflebutt, approaching on swift feet to lean against the doorway and kneel down beside the feline. "Can I hold him?" She queried the potato with a raised snow-white eyebrow, not touching the cat until she was given permission.

The Bandicoot
2013-04-02, 04:48 PM
"Ummmm" Zor-potato says, stroking Mr. Snufflebutt. Mr. Snufflebutt slightly nods his head and Zor-potato nods as well. "Sure, why not."

Hazuki
2013-04-02, 05:29 PM
Sonya Gwenning

Her smile growing ever so slightly wider, Sonya knelt down besides the cat and carefully scooped him into her arms, holding him much like a mother would a baby. Looking into its eyes, she began to speak to it in her native tongue of Feline. "Did they really name you Mr. Snufflebutt? Or did you choose it for yourself? No offense, of course...but it is an unusual name." She knew that she was unlikely to get a response from the animal, most housecats not possessing the intelligence necessary for true speech, but she enjoyed communicating with her loosely-related kin all the same. She rarely got to speak Feline any more.

The Bandicoot
2013-04-03, 09:16 PM
Mr.Snufflebut purrs and rubs cheeks with Sonya as Zor-potato leads the way out. He walks down the hall to a bright purple door and points to it. "Just say drow wine and open the door. It's a bit of a Handy Haversack-esque portal that leads to just about every room in here and several out of here."

redzimmer
2013-04-06, 01:47 AM
Roland

Roland muses for a moment and has an ephipheny. I wonders if there might be a repercussion, but shrugs and decides why not?

"A wand of break enchantment," he says hopefully, and opens the door.

Vizzi
2013-04-06, 08:07 AM
Zork waddles behind Roland waiting his turn to acquire alcohol, what he wouldn't give for some Crazy Juice that would show these softies what real booze is.

The Bandicoot
2013-04-06, 12:38 PM
Mr.Snufflebuts twists out of Sonya's grip and streaks down the hallway faster than any cat should be able to and is out of sight in moments. Zor-potato tries desperately to pull the door closed as you open it but it's a moot point. The door opens to a dim room lit only by one torch at the back. The room seems to be completely bare except for a dirty gnome head sticking out of the dirt ground. "Well hey there potato! Who are these new arrivals? Outsourcing the daily beatings?" The gnome says.

Zor-potato looks up at Roland and says " Close the door and act like you never saw anything. I'll give you prime pick of whatever you want in this house."

redzimmer
2013-04-06, 02:52 PM
Roland

Suspicious, Roland thinks.

"Do you have an inventory?"

He pauses. Was that a gnome head?

Augulus
2013-04-07, 12:09 PM
Jor is somewhat shocked to a gnome planted in the room behind the door. Hearing the Zor-potato's offer to Roland, Jor chimes in, "Hey, you're gonna have to buy off more than one of us..."

The Bandicoot
2013-04-10, 12:24 AM
The gnome keeps talking "Wait! Those runes! They finally sent someone to get me!"

Zor-potato pulls at the door to close it while yelling " shut up shut up shut up! Close the door close the door close the door! Yes I have an inventory! Pick of whatever you want! All of you!"

redzimmer
2013-04-10, 02:23 AM
Roland

Roland sighs, knowing the catfolk will likely charge in and "fight the good fight."

How long will you be able to stick to your ideals? he wondered.

He hoists his morningstar and waits for the inevitable.

jywu98
2013-04-10, 04:26 AM
"Honestly, I would rather know what the gnome is doing there." Brax steps towards the door, ready to open it.

The Bandicoot
2013-04-12, 11:17 PM
Zor-potato sighs "Alright you can ask him yourself just let me....." He puts his hands on the closed door and says a short incantation. "There you go... " he says as he slowly backs away down the hall.

jywu98
2013-04-13, 11:30 PM
Brax, seeing the gnome do something to the door, immediately becomes suspicious, and tries to figure out what the gnome did.

Vizzi
2013-04-14, 02:45 PM
Considering the current situation Zork quickly reaches a hypothesis his keen eyees focusing on the Probably-False-Zor trying to decipher his actions and then towards the room for any surprises, he takes no action yet.

Spot: [roll1]

The Bandicoot
2013-04-17, 08:50 AM
An alarm starts blaring and Zor-potato casts another spell ((One attack of opportunity each for anyone who wants one)) and immediately turns and tries to run (( another AoO))

redzimmer
2013-04-17, 11:37 AM
Roland

One time too many Roland hesitated when a spell was cast

Alas, the dwarf was my friend. He died poorly.

Snapping out of his reverie, he swings his morningstar at the potato.

[roll0]
Forgot to roll damage.

redzimmer
2013-04-17, 11:38 AM
[roll0]
Vampiric augment crystal will have no effect as I am at full HP.

Augulus
2013-04-17, 07:31 PM
Jor sees the probably-not-Zor-potato begin muttering spells. Thinking that spellcasters don't normally begin muttering in front of a group of strangers, he pulls out a sword and tries to skewer the spud. Better safe than sorry!

attack: [roll0]
(assuming he's flanked/flat-footed)
base damage: [roll1]
s.a. [roll2]

jywu98
2013-04-18, 04:24 AM
Brax, seeing the potato try to run, attempts to grapple it.

1st try: Touch attack: [roll0] Opposed Grapple roll: [roll1] Nonlethal unarmed strike damage: [roll2]
2nd try: Touch attack: [roll3] Opposed Grapple roll: [roll4] Nonlethal unarmed strike damage: [roll5]

Augulus
2013-05-04, 01:19 PM
Jor heads towards the door; it seems as though Brax had the situation under control. He was, after all, grappling a potato.

"A wand of break enchantment!" Jor shouts, expectantly. He opens the door, looking for the buried gnome.

The Bandicoot
2013-05-06, 10:18 AM
The door does not open.

Zor-potato struggles.

Sixteen potatos run down the hall towards the group. They end up about 30 feet away.

redzimmer
2013-05-06, 02:32 PM
Roland

Roland faces the oncoming potatoes and prepares for battle.

One more sentence I never thought I'd write.

So a 25 with my A0O didn't hit?

Hazuki
2013-05-09, 09:17 AM
Sonya Gwenning

"I have no idea what is happening right now." Sonya muttered under her breath as potatoes charged and her loosely-termed allies attempted smashing them and grappling them and yelling strange phrases about. It seemed to be combat, but fighting in close quarters would leave her hindered immensely. Casting a cantrip to protect herself from the spell-wielding vegetables, she sprinted to the far end of the room and cast a glance around for some method of escape.

Casting Resistance.

Vizzi
2013-05-09, 11:12 PM
With a grin at the incoming horde of shortly to be cooked confectionery goodness he calls forth some friends, after all no sense being too outnumbered, whilst in the process of casting his faithful companion Mandy moved by his side, ever ready.

"Come my treats!" he calls forth towards the potatoes.

Casting Summon Nature’s Ally 2 - Wolf [roll0]

jywu98
2013-05-10, 12:55 AM
"Can somebody else hold this potato down? I am unable to cast my spells." Brax desperately tries to keep the potato from running away, a task harder than it seems.

Grishnakh
2013-05-12, 10:07 AM
I'll put in a post now, just treat Būshndāg as having delayed that way it doesn't disturb the flow of the battle.

Būshndāg looks around in confusion, for no reason at all everyone starts running and shouting and slapping or grabbing at one another. Scratching his head he wonders what he should do. Just then Brax solves the problem by asking a simple question.

"Sure, Būshndāg can hold potato!"

Glad he knows what to do now, Būshndāg moves over to Brax and takes over the Zor-potato from him.

Joining grapple: no AoO, automatic hit, Grapple check [roll0]

jywu98
2013-05-13, 02:18 AM
"My thanks, friend. Now there's no way he can escape.", Brax says, as he smiles at Būshndāg.