PDA

View Full Version : Quest ideas for evil PCs

Grey Knight
2006-11-12, 09:29 PM
I've been thinking about starting up a quick game with some friends using all-evil characters; kobolds and/or goblins seem popular for the comedy potential. :smallbiggrin: Any particularly clever or comical quest ideas? I mean, I could just take a regular quest and flip-flop it, but I'm concerned that there is hidden potential here I am missing.

Golthur
2006-11-12, 10:11 PM
Well, for pure comedic value, you've either got to have a stealth mission or a diplomacy mission. Combat's just too much according to their normal nature.

Grey Knight
2006-11-12, 11:01 PM
Somebody suggested I should have them raid a village and steal everybody's underwear. I dismissed it at first, but I think it could actually be made to work, with a little creativity! :smallsmile:

Golthur
2006-11-12, 11:18 PM
Something that worked very well once in a humanoid campaign I played in was to give every character special goals for bonus XP. Individual, per character, of course - and the each character doesn't know the others' goals until they see them "in play", so to speak.

Examples:
Gain bonus XP for each building you burn down. Extra XP for each villager trapped inside when you do it.

Gain bonus XP for gaining the largest share of loot out of any of your tribesmen. Extra XP if they don't know you've done it.

Gain bonus XP for every slave you take. Extra XP if you can keep them all alive on your way back to the warcamp.

averagejoe
2006-11-13, 08:04 PM
They're evil, right? So they could go on a mission to kill a litter of kittens. Maybe the king's kittens, or something. This (potentially) could work really well if one or two of the PC's takes pity on the kittens if, despite being evil, they still have some sense of cameraderie, and they won't just kill each other over it.

Write offensive graffitti on the side of a good temple or some such place.

Moon the head paladin of Pelor (or whatever) while he's making his speech to the masses on some holiday.

Well, you get the idea. This sort of thing seems more funny than the more obviously serious hacking/slashing/burning/pillaging angle. The essential idea is that the main evil force (their boss?) is really bad at it.

Grey Knight
2006-11-13, 11:18 PM
I was thinking of having the quest be issued by their chieftain, as some sort of coming-of-age ritual challenge. There are nice ideas here, I might combine a few of them for the final plot. :smallsmile:

Mike_Lemmer
2006-11-13, 11:38 PM
I think the problem is evil has to be more proactive than good. How often does evil have to act to prevent good from taking over the world? What you should is, instead of giving them quests to complete, give them targets to get into trouble over.

For example, holy seals holding backing demonic forces are always weak from the outside...