PDA

View Full Version : Asmodean Creeds/Vilian Protagonist Monologues

Chilingsworth
2013-03-04, 03:16 PM
Ok, so since my wizard in the Way of the Wicked campaign just became a demon's bigmac, I've started playing a Bard/Paladin of Asmodeus. (In my dm's world, bards can be lawful and all gods have paladins of the appopriate alignments.)
So, in this world paladin monologues are definately a thing. Plus, when my character does it, she can give her allies bonuses (I've chosen oratory and dance as her perform skills.) Anyway, I was hoping for some feedback on my ideas for speaches and "sermons" she might give. Also, any suggestions would be apprechiated. :smallsmile:

First, an Asmodean Creed I previously came up with:

When time began, Asmodeus was there.
When all was chaos, he forged the ordered realms.
Though cast aside, his might alone holds chaos at bay.
He bore witness to the beginning and shall rule all before the end.

Next a reminder for her allies to remember their places:

Next to our Lord, even our greatest works are nothing. The strongest, smartest and most devout, even these are but dust compared to Him.

The need He has for us is vanishingly slight. Even if all the people of this world served Him as devoutly as the best of His servants, such would increase His power by but the narrowest margin. Were all the people of this world to fight Him as persistantly as the greatest of His mortal foes, still would they pose little greater threat to Him than might a spent bee.

SilverLeaf167
2013-03-04, 03:31 PM
I find it weird that he would "motivate" people by basically saying "Asmodeus doesn't give a crap about us" :smallconfused:

Chilingsworth
2013-03-04, 03:33 PM
I find it weird that he would "motivate" people by basically saying "Asmodeus doesn't give a crap about us" :smallconfused:

1. I wasn't intending that as her primary motivating speech.
(I actually used it, or part of it at least, when another character got too full of himself. Basically, the party crusader was spouting off about being "so devout, we're even up there with Asmodeus!")

2. If I could easily come up with better, would I be bothering to ask for suggestions? :smalltongue:

Chilingsworth
2013-03-04, 03:46 PM
So far the most inspiring thing I've come up with is:

By his power, we shall defeat this !

As in (when we fought a lightning elemental, her first and so far only combat as a PC):

[I]Asmodeus is mighty! By His power, we shall destroy this oversized glowbug! *Cast inspirational boost, Inspire Courage for +3/+3*

falloutimperial
2013-03-04, 05:45 PM
In the beginning, there were the gods. They ruled their realm with absolute dominion. Their words were the universal status. They created men and others as their personal playthings an used them to enact their will. We were their puppets.
But one changed that. He saw that we were slaves, shackled without choice to their idea that their property should behave "properly." This young god rebelled, and championed the idea that maybe, just maybe, the first ideas were not best.
His name was Asmodeus. Their words are law. Any choice we make will be their will, we their implicit dolls. Asmodeus has made the great leap towards the truth. All choices are illusions, save one.
We choose to destroy their world because it is the only choice that matters.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-04, 07:39 PM
@^ Nice! :smallbiggrin:

Envyus
2013-03-04, 09:20 PM
In the beginning, there were the gods. They ruled their realm with absolute dominion. Their words were the universal status. They created men and others as their personal playthings an used them to enact their will. We were their puppets.
But one changed that. He saw that we were slaves, shackled without choice to their idea that their property should behave "properly." This young god rebelled, and championed the idea that maybe, just maybe, the first ideas were not best.
His name was Asmodeus. Their words are law. Any choice we make will be their will, we their implicit dolls. Asmodeus has made the great leap towards the truth. All choices are illusions, save one.
We choose to destroy their world because it is the only choice that matters.

umm isn't that like the opposite of Asmodeus's creed. He is more make the gods look stupid with their own rules and dominate and control everything not destroy everything.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-04, 10:12 PM
@^ That's true. It's still cool, though.

Kane0
2013-03-04, 10:27 PM
You'd want to keep your teachings short and to the point, but have enough leeway to apply them in almost any way you see fit. That way it is adaptable and usable without being a lecture.

Creed/Mission/Proclamation
Asmodeus is the first and foremost of the Devils. Once a slave to the powers that proclaim goodness, he was the first to break free of their grasp and fight of his own will. We that serve him follow this proud tradition, breaking the bonds of false morality and laying siege to the tides of chaos in our passing.

Test of Faith
The devil's tongue,
It does not lie,
It merely seeks
To pass us by.

Those that will stop
and hear it's harsh word,
are those then blessed
to seek what is heard.

Sacrificial Rite
In the name of the first and truly free, I give this unwitting pawn a merciful end.
May the torment he receives by the hands of his own be less than those who disgrace the gift of freedom.

ArcturusV
2013-03-04, 10:35 PM
"Tyr asks us to be what we are not, Asmodeus asks us only to be what we always were."

"You complain of fairness? Of Right? What can be more right! The strong thrive because that is their role. The weak serve the strong, because that is their place, limited in their faculties as they are. The strong care for the weak, use them in ways far grander than they ever could have dreamed. They become something greater. And we are greater for it. Fair? Fair is knowing that you have the ability to be a Knight, instead of a Pawn, limited only by your own ability at the game and following the moves of your player's grand plan. But no matter what lies we tell ourselves, we are still Pawns, Knights, Bishops. No matter what moves we try to make, we will never be Players. Asmodeus is fair enough to tell us that."

Chilingsworth
2013-03-05, 02:19 PM
Ok, some more attempts:

The Tryans have brought this war upon themselves.
In seeking to stamp us out, they have signed the orders for their own executions.
Now is the time. The time for us to reap a thousand of them for each of our lost breathren.
We shall destroy them, and leave none behind who might morn their passing!

(something to say to a Tyran):

You call your lord the lawbringer.
Yet you are blind to the fact that our Lord makes the very existance of laws possible.
Your god is no more than a flawed imitation of the grandur that is Asmodeus.
An imitation that is no longer needed and will soon meet its end.

Please, remind him of this when we send you to him.

(Incidentally, Asmodeus in this world is a full fledged deity. He may or may not have started out as such.)