PDA

View Full Version : Durkon the Vamp- Biggest Tie-in Ever. (Need OOPC To understand)

ackmeow
2013-03-04, 04:25 PM
Giant you magnificent bastard.

So something came to mind. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone because they are seriously worth the buy, but anyone who has the "On Origin of PCs" book, please go to Durkon's backstory.

Then read the oracle comic on Durkon's prophecy. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0333.html)

Then read the latest comic. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0877.html) (887)

as Elan would put it...

DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!!!!

RebelRogue
2013-03-04, 04:30 PM
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but this has been a well-known theory for years. And it's been mentioned ten or twenty times in the main comic thread already.

No hard feelings or anything, but it's a little redundant.

Procyonpi
2013-03-04, 04:54 PM
Well, if we're using OtoOTPCs, clearly, the Party's new Cleric will be
Buffy Summers

Oscaver
2013-03-04, 04:56 PM
I thought I was pretty clever for thinking of this myself.

Oh well.

Koo Rehtorb
2013-03-04, 05:08 PM
Well, if we're using OtoOTPCs, clearly, the Party's new Cleric will be
Buffy Summers

I think she's more of a monk.

martianmister
2013-03-04, 07:56 PM
So something came to mind. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone because they are seriously worth the buy, but anyone who has the "On Origin of PCs" book, please go to Durkon's backstory.

What happened in there?

137beth
2013-03-04, 07:59 PM
What happened in there?

There was a prophecy that Durkon's homelands would be doomstricken when Durkon returned home. They decided to "beat" the prophecy by sending Durkon away from home indefinitely. Unfortunately, he was destined to return posthumously, possibly to terrorize his homeland as an undead.

allenw
2013-03-04, 08:17 PM

Oh well.

I think everyone who thought of it was clever. We have a lot of clever people around here. :smallsmile:
Unfortunately, not everyone has time to read everyone else's cleverness first. :smallwink:

Rogar Demonblud
2013-03-04, 08:58 PM
Especially given that the site can generate a few thousand posts a day, especially this last week.

Tragak
2013-03-04, 10:25 PM
I think she's more of a monk.

No, monks are Lawful :smallbiggrin: She would be a Fighter who Prestige-Classed into Dashing Swordsman.

Sholos
2013-03-05, 09:17 AM
Yeah, pretty sure the Durkon-turned-undead-destroying-his-home theory has been around for quite some time. Heck, I know that's what I've been expecting fora while now.

Chantelune
2013-03-05, 09:21 AM
Nothing new there, I didn't read OOPC and still know about this second prophecy as it was mention many times already and not always in spoilers. :smallannoyed:

Calintares
2013-03-05, 09:26 AM
Alternate interpretation of the prophecy

Durkon changes religion and domains. His new domains are Death and Destruction. When he returns to the dwarven lands he preaches Nergals dogma, and since Hel is such a lousy death goddess some dwarves accept this new dogma, thus he has brought "death and destruction for us all."

Quild
2013-03-05, 09:42 AM
Alternate interpretation of the prophecy

Durkon changes religion and domains. His new domains are Death and Destruction. When he returns to the dwarven lands he preaches Nergals dogma, and since Hel is such a lousy death goddess some dwarves accept this new dogma, thus he has brought "death and destruction for us all."
Isn't this alternate interpretation quite naive? :smalltongue:
Why wouldn't Durkon been killed/resurrect then?

Malack decided to turn his kin into vampires... Durkon could decide the same :smalleek:

Jay R
2013-03-05, 10:01 AM

Oh well.

You were. You were just as clever as the first person who came up with it. The only "disappointment" is realizing that there are other people as clever as you.

martianmister
2013-03-05, 11:52 AM
There was a prophecy that Durkon's homelands would be doomstricken when Durkon returned home. They decided to "beat" the prophecy by sending Durkon away from home indefinitely. Unfortunately, he was destined to return posthumously, possibly to terrorize his homeland as an undead.

Oh, that...