PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 51

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Zefir
2013-03-21, 05:24 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"Oh, alright..." Yuki looks a touch disappointed, but then perks up at the sight of the various cars.

"Are those your cars? Do you guys have an ambulance or similar?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head. The cars are quiet different, some are simular to todays car, while others seem to come from differetn timlines. So Yuki might see a hovercar, steam car and some other kind of car.

"No. We just repair them. The fact of running an ambulance would be a waste of recourcces."

[Another Phone call]

Befor or after the first call he is still goin to another call seems to land on his phone. he picks it up.

"Hello? Wall poster for dragons here."

Elite_Lurker
2013-03-21, 01:58 PM
Kwen raises her eyebrow slightly, curious as to something, but not so much as to ask, as she was relatively sure she knew.
"I'm happy to do what I can to help. But I'm afraid I can't let you keep my laptop. I'm sure you understand. I think Tobias here has a spot picked out for you, if you're willing."
[Workshop 681]
"I couldn't keep your laptop even if I wanted to. I'm a program, and thus do not have hands to carry a laptop.
:D
Of course I'll go. What's the spot you're thinking of? I'd be glad to do something to help out. My original purpose was to be a facility overseer, but I'm sure I can figure out whatever you have in mind.

McBish
2013-03-21, 02:22 PM
[Gothic House]

Young Star takes a look at the kitchen. He tries to memorize the colors of various little things, curtains, placemats, table cloths, vases cups bowls. Reds blues and yellows are the primary targets of his memory. He waits for Calvin before he does anything specific.

There seem to be less mono-color schemed items in this room. The tiles on the walls above the counter are blue and yellow. There is a green towel hanging on the stove. That is about it.

Calvin finishes his inspection of the room and gives a little shrug towards Young Star. He looks out the door leading to the hallway and points to the right, towards the living room and "front door". He gets several steps into the hall before stopping and motioning to Young Star to stay quiet. Seems he spotted something in the living room.

---------------------

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

((Poke Rotting Baron))

They will probably want to avoid public transportation if they don't want to cause a rukus. There might be some shady cab companies that wouldn't ask too many questions around. Maybe someone from NO has a car and could come and pick them up. It is fairly clear that Amelia did most of her traveling by foot, which isn't an option to her now that she is tied up again.

"We'll be there." Kirk hangs up and stows his phone away. "Well it's a good thing I have you here. You're obviously so much better prepared." He replies sarcastically. "I half expect there'll be trouble on our way out of the city. Toting her around when she was just unconscious was bad enough. Tied up is just asking for trouble." Nothing to be done for it, though. He's not going to risk her waking up untied halfway there.

UncleWolf
2013-03-21, 03:09 PM
Junktion Junkyard

"As if! There's no poetry in your style, ya dig? It doesn't speak to me." Wendy says. Then belatedly adds. "Um, no offense."

Junktion Junkyard

The Suicide King can't help but throw his head back and laugh. "Oh, she's going to be fun when she gains power. She could be the end of us both, Plat." He admits with a grin before giving Wendy a bow. "Good luck in your studies." He says sincerely before turning and walking off, whistling as he dances away.

happyturtle
2013-03-21, 03:17 PM
Junktion Junkyard

Junktion Junkyard

The Suicide King can't help but throw his head back and laugh. "Oh, she's going to be fun when she gains power. She could be the end of us both, Plat." He admits with a grin before giving Wendy a bow. "Good luck in your studies." He says sincerely before turning and walking off, whistling as he dances away.

Wendy flops into a sitting position on a piece of car and shakes her head. "Power. Hmph. What would I want with that? I just want to improve my bowling before the cup."

Cricket bowling, not ten pin bowling.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-21, 03:23 PM
Clocktower

Clearly.

"No on all counts." The hand is withdrawn, not without a look of exasperation. Nobody ever makes things easy. "But I am in charge of handling non-violent negotiation for him." As of, oh, the point where it became blatantly apparent he'd need to. "So, why not? How much good does that chip do you?"

[Clock Tower]

Hey look more people that probably won't untie me Nort thinks starting to get light headed. He mumbles something into his gag, his face continuing to get redder and redder from blood rushing to it. Being upside down this long sucks. With no one talking to him, or at least no one that actually exists here talking to him.

Clock Tower

I would certainly advise against taking a deep look into Reynard's soul.
Do not threaten me, Enshadu. If you cannot learn to negotiate without threats of violence, you will not last long in this world. His eyes turn cold and dark. The E-chip disappears into the breast pocket of his dress shirt. He stares at Enshadu for a few more moments before turning to the guy who was clearly here all along. I certainly could and perhaps I would... were I an idiot. Are you another of Enshadu's minions? Or... You rather look like a Remnant soldier. Am I under arrest, officer?

Enshadu sneers at Reynard. I'm not threatening you, I am stating a fact. You will give that to us, and I am not negotiating with you. We are. That man is not my minion. I don't have minions. Enshadu does as Lawrencium asks, and does not speak further to Reynard. He merely gives a threatening glare and moves over to Nort. He raises a hand, and Nort's chair floats back down to the ground. Now, silence Nort. Zane, stand down until Mr. Reynard seems a threat.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-21, 03:27 PM
D20 Hotel

There is no sign of an assassin, nor of any theft, forced entry or any other clue as to how the axe appeared and embedded itself into the bed.

Although this does mean there's nobody to complain if he takes it for himself...

Ashen Lilies
2013-03-21, 04:01 PM
[Some Telephone Place]

"That description fit's for both of us I assume, but yes I'm the guy searching for dragons's and alike."

[Some Telephone Place]

"Well, I'm a dragon, so yeah."
tum te tum

UncleWolf
2013-03-21, 04:07 PM
Junktion Junkyard

Wendy flops into a sitting position on a piece of car and shakes her head. "Power. Hmph. What would I want with that? I just want to improve my bowling before the cup."

Cricket bowling, not ten pin bowling.

Junktion Junkyard

Plat seems more at ease once the visitor leaves and takes a seat next to Wendy, kicking his feet out above the ground as he gives her a shrug. "Power has a way of sneaking up behind us and clubbing us over the head so it can give itself to us." He says. "Still want to learn this? Over time you might make powerful enemies like The Suicide King." He asks, nodding in the direction the King went.

happyturtle
2013-03-21, 04:16 PM
Junktion Junkyard

Wendy looks the way he went, then turns back with a shrug. "Sure. Give in once, you'll always be the omega animal."

Aric Kale
2013-03-21, 05:13 PM
Clock Tower

No minions, eh? Enshadu is gonna regret that later, probably...
Zane removes the cartridge from the gun and steps away.
Who is this man?

KerfuffleMach2
2013-03-21, 08:52 PM
CPB
The Lady will press said button then to see what happens.

[CPB]

The door of the section under the keypad opens up to reveal an alcove big enough to put her cube into.

Please place monetary device inside of the alcove, then press "Enter".

Doing so causes the door to shut again and the machine to whir for a moment as it tried to read the cube. After a moment, the screen will ask for the Lady to input whatever security code is needed for her cube. If one is needed. The writer here has no idea how Time Lord money cube things work.

Morcleon
2013-03-21, 09:28 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head. The cars are quiet different, some are simular to todays car, while others seem to come from differetn timlines. So Yuki might see a hovercar, steam car and some other kind of car.

"No. We just repair them. The fact of running an ambulance would be a waste of recourcces."

[DMC 2.0]

"Oh..." Yuki seems a touch disappointed, but nods in understanding. "So this church doesn't really use much technology beyond what you absolutely need then?"

Mee
2013-03-22, 01:20 AM
[Workshop 681]
"I couldn't keep your laptop even if I wanted to. I'm a program, and thus do not have hands to carry a laptop.
:D
Of course I'll go. What's the spot you're thinking of? I'd be glad to do something to help out. My original purpose was to be a facility overseer, but I'm sure I can figure out whatever you have in mind.

"S'true," Kwen says, grinning slightly, "but I'm not just gonna unplug you if you have no where else to go.

A'right, Tobias, you wanna give 'em the rundown?" Kwen asks him, turning in her chair to face him.

Zefir
2013-03-22, 02:29 AM
[Some Telephone Place]

"Well, I'm a dragon, so yeah."
tum te tum

[Some Telephone Place]

The man on the other end of the phone looks around. Where did that noise come from? He shakes is off and goes back to the talking.

"That's what I asked for and assumed. As I said I got things to discuss, but the phone may be a bad way to do so. So can we meet somewhere?"

[DMC 2.0]

"Oh..." Yuki seems a touch disappointed, but nods in understanding. "So this church doesn't really use much technology beyond what you absolutely need then?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head and again she is supriesed about Yuki. He shows tension of beeing a kid in a man's body, but now and then he asks very good questions.

"It's a bit different. Let's say 'Not Now'. You should remember, that the Nexus is a mix of many different timelines and worlds. I can't throw an antimatter hovercraft to a Steam technican."

FireFox
2013-03-22, 09:08 AM
Clocktower

Clearly.

"No on all counts." The hand is withdrawn, not without a look of exasperation. Nobody ever makes things easy. "But I am in charge of handling non-violent negotiation for him." As of, oh, the point where it became blatantly apparent he'd need to. "So, why not? How much good does that chip do you?"

Enshadu sneers at Reynard. I'm not threatening you, I am stating a fact. You will give that to us, and I am not negotiating with you. We are. That man is not my minion. I don't have minions. My superiors will not like it that you are keeping things from us. Enshadu does as Lawrencium asks, and does not speak further to Reynard. He merely gives a threatening glare and moves over to Nort. He raises a hand, and Nort's chair floats back down to the ground. Now, silence Nort. Zane, stand down until Mr. Reynard seems a threat.

Clock Tower

No minions, eh? Enshadu is gonna regret that later, probably...
Zane removes the cartridge from the gun and steps away.
Who is this man?

Reynard was hoping for a bit more meaningful reaction to his assumptions from the man. But the fact that Enshadu has superiors tells him all he needs to know. For starters, talking any more to the robot is now completely beneath him. So he smiles charmingly at Lawrencium. It seems to me like this chip could be very good for me, albeit in an indirect fashion. You see, I am a burgeoning purveyor of talent and solutions. So it naturally follows that I am greatly concerned with obtaining advantages, profits, and resources. Would you be interested in bargaining for the chip... or did you plan on beating me until I couldn't stop you from taking it from my pocket?

"S'true," Kwen says, grinning slightly, "but I'm not just gonna unplug you if you have no where else to go.

A'right, Tobias, you wanna give 'em the rundown?" Kwen asks him, turning in her chair to face him.

Tobias nods, having spent this whole time thinking of what to do with the AI. I can see at least two good options. First is I take you back to HALO and get you into some noncritical systems so you can help out or just hang out with the members without being able to kill us all. No offense, but I don't trust anybody I just meet. The second option is something that would require a bit more work on my part. Actually, I need to make some calls to figure out if that would even be an option. So do you have any problems hanging out at HALO while we determine what you can do?

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-22, 09:51 AM
Clock Tower

Shut up means don't talk, not threaten him some more.

"You're not making the former very tempting." And that 'charming smile' of his doesn't even get Lawrence to lighten up on the frown. "I mean, hell, what kind of talent agent holds bits of his client's brain hostage? Not the kind I'd trust with my repeat business." Although, that might have been a joke. Maybe. I'm not entirely sure these guys have a sense of humor. "I'd suggest you work on your pitch, but seeing as you didn't know what you were trying to sell until Enshadu outright told you...

"You give that here, and we'll remember this as a gift instead of a ransom, and owe you a favor in return."

Hattish Thing
2013-03-22, 11:39 AM
Clock Tower

Enshadu does not speak further, but he does move over to Nort and hands him a flask full of water. He'll then cause it to float over in front of Nort, and if he should accept it, Ensadu will pour a bit down his throat. If Nort doesn't accept it he'll just get a bunch of ice cold water all over him. Enshadu doesn't care either way, he's in a terrible mood.

He then moves back to Zane, and slowly activates his extra two arms, which slide out of tears in his coat. As for weaponry, he doesn't appear to have any weapons on him. Zane might hear Enshadu's voice only in his head. I apologize for that "no minions" remark. Though technically, you're not my minion, but now a business partner. Now, if Reynard gives us trouble, here's the plan, don't fire the gun. Those crates are full of explosives. No fire.

Aric Kale
2013-03-22, 01:28 PM
Zane watches the proceedings with disinterest until a voice appears in his head. Surprise registers on the man's face for a half a second before returning to the standard, bored, expression.
Apology accepted. I was not fully aware of my promotion. On a side note....how long have you been telepathic?
booooooored. Zane stifles a yawn.

Elite_Lurker
2013-03-22, 02:01 PM
Tobias nods, having spent this whole time thinking of what to do with the AI. I can see at least two good options. First is I take you back to HALO and get you into some noncritical systems so you can help out or just hang out with the members without being able to kill us all. No offense, but I don't trust anybody I just meet. The second option is something that would require a bit more work on my part. Actually, I need to make some calls to figure out if that would even be an option. So do you have any problems hanging out at HALO while we determine what you can do?

"I see no problem with going to HALO, and I completely understand your lack of trust. Shows you've dealt with artificial intelligence before."

"I wouldn't worry TOO much about me killing everyone though. Can't disobey the laws."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-03-22, 02:17 PM
[Another Phone call]

Befor or after the first call he is still goin to another call seems to land on his phone. he picks it up.

"Hello? Wall poster for dragons here."

Kayla picks up her phone. Hi! This is Kayla, I posted for the dragonborn thingy on the Wall!

Devixer
2013-03-22, 02:21 PM
[Cheap Hotel Motel]

They will probably want to avoid public transportation if they don't want to cause a rukus. There might be some shady cab companies that wouldn't ask too many questions around. Maybe someone from NO has a car and could come and pick them up. It is fairly clear that Amelia did most of her traveling by foot, which isn't an option to her now that she is tied up again.

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

"We'll be there." Kirk hangs up and stows his phone away. "Well it's a good thing I have you here. You're obviously so much better prepared." He replies sarcastically. "I half expect there'll be trouble on our way out of the city. Toting her around when she was just unconscious was bad enough. Tied up is just asking for trouble." Nothing to be done for it, though. He's not going to risk her waking up untied halfway there.

Cassidy just rolls her eyes at the remark, though Kirk probably can't see that. "I can carry her across the rooftops to the gate, and then we should be home free, long as the badges don't care about what happens outside the plex." They usually don't, but Remnant was different from Lone Star, at least from what she heard.

OrchestraHc
2013-03-22, 03:19 PM
[Gothic House]

There seem to be less mono-color schemed items in this room. The tiles on the walls above the counter are blue and yellow. There is a green towel hanging on the stove. That is about it.

Calvin finishes his inspection of the room and gives a little shrug towards Young Star. He looks out the door leading to the hallway and points to the right, towards the living room and "front door". He gets several steps into the hall before stopping and motioning to Young Star to stay quiet. Seems he spotted something in the living room.

[Gothic House]

Probably a different scheme to this floor all together.

Luckily, floating is silent. It's no big deal for Young Star to be quiet. He floats behind (and slightly above) Calvin to get a look at what he sees.

Black Clad Gentlemen

I really can't imagine how a species of seafloor crawlers would invent technology that only works on dry land. Especially when they can take the lazy way out and rely on magic for everything. "Hmph. Fancy at least." The towel disappears into his pack, without even an attempt at disguising the blatant theft. "Do they have anything..." A claw is waved at Frederick's all black ensemble. .. brighter?"

[Black Clad Gentleman]

"Brighter?" Pepperjack says buttoning on a much fresher set of pants. "I might be able to get you something white, but your body may prove a slight issue." Although Mel's body hasn't been described in great detail yet, I'm fairly certain he does have a shell, tail, and pincers.

(I'm probably way off in assuming he's pretty much a big shrimp a little above knee height.)

Zefir
2013-03-22, 06:27 PM
Kayla picks up her phone. Hi! This is Kayla, I posted for the dragonborn thingy on the Wall!

[Another Phone call]

"Yep, that's the reason for this call. As I mentioned on the Wall, I seek for some informations and have a few questions, mind if we met at some public place?"

McBish
2013-03-22, 07:22 PM
[Gothic House]

Walking down the hallway and looking to your left you will see the living room. Two couches making an L shape, a fireplace on one wall a bookcase at the other. Calvin is obviously concerned about the man sitting on one of the couches apparently reading a book.

------------------

[Clock Tower]

Hey look some water, probably poisoned or drugged somehow. Oh well, he drinks anyways. He wonders if the cord is still in his neck, he feels like it is but can't see to confirm it. He turns his head back and forth, apparently groggy.

-------------------

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

((Not sure if it is me or Ghar's turn here but my post is pretty simple here if it is mine.))

Amelia stays unconscious. No one is coming looking for her so they have plenty of time.

Gullara
2013-03-22, 08:45 PM
((Sorry about the delay.))

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

"You say walking along the rooftops like it makes you invisible." Kirk shrugs. "But fine, we'll do it your way. Remnant shouldn't be a bother once we're out of the city. I'd be more concerned with vigilantes myself."

Devixer
2013-03-22, 09:20 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The thug is pushed back a bit, and although he is eager to get back into the fight Imesah will have time to throw the lightning spear at him before he gets to her.

Imesah is quick to throw the lightning spear. It still isn't lethal, probably even less so. But it buys precious seconds for Imesah to scramble for her shield.

Cheap Hotel Motel

"Don't hear you coming up with any ace runs, skat," Cass says as she picks Amelia up and slings her into a fireman's carry. "Make sure we're not getting into a hot zone, will you?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-22, 09:25 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The lightning spear knocks him down again, and Imesah has enough time to get her shield before he can attack again.

Devixer
2013-03-22, 09:29 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

With her shield recovered, Imesah calms herself somewhat, before turning to face the thug again and raising the shield.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-22, 09:30 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The thug gets up, breathing heavily, and charges with a shout! He's tired of this!

Devixer
2013-03-22, 09:33 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah steps forward to meet the charge with another shield bash, this one straight to his face.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-22, 09:41 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

He is shield bashed... and falls down again. He's moving slower now, and doesn't seem as strong... the chemical in his blood must have worn off.

He begins to get up again, but she has a chance to put him down now.

Mee
2013-03-22, 10:29 PM
"I see no problem with going to HALO, and I completely understand your lack of trust. Shows you've dealt with artificial intelligence before."

"I wouldn't worry TOO much about me killing everyone though. Can't disobey the laws."

"So then," Kwen asks, looking to Tobias, "we off to HALO?"

Morcleon
2013-03-22, 10:30 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head and again she is supriesed about Yuki. He shows tension of beeing a kid in a man's body, but now and then he asks very good questions.

"It's a bit different. Let's say 'Not Now'. You should remember, that the Nexus is a mix of many different timelines and worlds. I can't throw an antimatter hovercraft to a Steam technican."

[DMC 2.0]

For all he knows about his age, Yuki may as well be a child. He often seems to space out, but quickly notices and refocuses.

"Yeah, I guess not." Yuki gives a shrug. "I honestly would have expected such a patchwork society to have fallen apart long before now though. How does the Nexus keep stable?"

Gullara
2013-03-23, 01:44 AM
Cheap Hotel Motel

"Don't hear you coming up with any ace runs, skat," Cass says as she picks Amelia up and slings her into a fireman's carry. "Make sure we're not getting into a hot zone, will you?"

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

Kirk looks amused for the last moment Cassidy can see his face before he turns to head out the door. he keeps a careful watch as he leads the way outside. No use letting anyone get the jump on them. If the coast is clear, he'll wave Cass to follow.

Mindfreak
2013-03-23, 08:09 AM
Felandria extends her arm and gives Steve her hand.

As do you.

Shall we?
Gilded Sword
With a small blush in his cheeks, he'll try to link elbows with her and lead her inside.
"We shall."
As they get inside, they'll see the halls that go into each different part of the restaurant.
"So, which part do you want to go to tonight, Felandria?"

---

CPB
She puts in the cube, ect ect...
She puts in her PIN number, which looks like a bunch of weird circles, and it gets to the money withdrawing part.
It looks like she has plenty of money!
"So how much do you think I should withdraw?"

Felandria
2013-03-23, 01:02 PM
Gilded Sword
With a small blush in his cheeks, he'll try to link elbows with her and lead her inside.
"We shall."
As they get inside, they'll see the halls that go into each different part of the restaurant.
"So, which part do you want to go to tonight, Felandria?"

Well, look at us, it would be a shame not to enjoy ourselves tonight.

She heads into the fancy restaurant.

FireFox
2013-03-23, 04:47 PM
Clock Tower

Shut up means don't talk, not threaten him some more.

"You're not making the former very tempting." And that 'charming smile' of his doesn't even get Lawrence to lighten up on the frown. "I mean, hell, what kind of talent agent holds bits of his client's brain hostage? Not the kind I'd trust with my repeat business." Although, that might have been a joke. Maybe. I'm not entirely sure these guys have a sense of humor. "I'd suggest you work on your pitch, but seeing as you didn't know what you were trying to sell until Enshadu outright told you...

"You give that here, and we'll remember this as a gift instead of a ransom, and owe you a favor in return."

Clock Tower

Enshadu does not speak further, but he does move over to Nort and hands him a flask full of water. He'll then cause it to float over in front of Nort, and if he should accept it, Ensadu will pour a bit down his throat. If Nort doesn't accept it he'll just get a bunch of ice cold water all over him. Enshadu doesn't care either way, he's in a terrible mood.

He then moves back to Zane, and slowly activates his extra two arms, which slide out of tears in his coat. As for weaponry, he doesn't appear to have any weapons on him. Zane might hear Enshadu's voice only in his head. I apologize for that "no minions" remark. Though technically, you're not my minion, but now a business partner. Now, if Reynard gives us trouble, here's the plan, don't fire the gun. Those crates are full of explosives. No fire.

Zane watches the proceedings with disinterest until a voice appears in his head. Surprise registers on the man's face for a half a second before returning to the standard, bored, expression.
Apology accepted. I was not fully aware of my promotion. On a side note....how long have you been telepathic?
booooooored. Zane stifles a yawn.

I would be happy to hand this over as a gift... but I have no use at all for a favor from incompetents. The smile disappears. Let me explain to you how everything stands. First, I was hired to bring Enshadu into AMEN's cloning room. Then, Enshadu and that goth, pyromanical idiot over there walked in Trog's with the apparent intention of picking fights and burning the building down. There's a bit more setup, but the punchline of this joke is that they get the **** stomped out of them like housecats in the Magcave. After drawing the attention of WATCHTOWER, only to get his minion murdered and his "invincible" body smashed, Enshadu manages to hijack Reinholdt. I found him in HALO, about to walk into Tobias' demiplane and managed to rescue this chip before it was permanently destroyed. As far as I'm concerned, all of you lost this chip through gross negligence. It is my possession now. Reynard takes a few steps towards Lawrence and calmly stares at him. I am not unreasonable. If you would like to negotiate a price, or even arrange a meeting to prove that a favor from you would be worth something, I would be more than happy to give you my contact information. You can give me a call, set up a meet, drop by my bar... have a civilized discussion about how to give everyone what they want, understand? But I'll only deal with the person who is really pulling the strings here.

"So then," Kwen asks, looking to Tobias, "we off to HALO?"

Only once or twice... Unless you count Civvy, I suppose. Toby muses to himself for a moment. But yes, let's return to HALO.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-23, 06:31 PM
Clock Tower

Oh, I think meeting Riv is the last thing Reynard wants.

"Well, that'd be me." Thankfully, Lawrence is quite willing to interpret 'pulling the strings' literally, and as referring to Enshadu, in which case Day and by extension the rest of the hivemind qualify. And that's probably best for everyone.

"But, I wasn't responsible for the thing at Trog's. And I don't like being called incompetent. If you want to walk out of this with anything but more enemies, why don't you calm down, and we'll talk."

McBish
2013-03-23, 07:37 PM
Clock Tower

Nort would be happy to meet with Reynard somewhere else. But he doesn't say anything. Nope the hostage keeps quite.

---------------------

[Leaving the Cheap Hotel Motel]

The way outside is clear. Or at least it will be soon. It seems that a couple of teenagers were just wrapping up some sort of drug deal. But they quickly split up and take off when Kirk comes outside.

---------------------

[Gothic House]

[Gothic House]

Walking down the hallway and looking to your left you will see the living room. Two couches making an L shape, a fireplace on one wall a bookcase at the other. Calvin is obviously concerned about the man sitting on one of the couches apparently reading a book.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-03-23, 08:51 PM
CPB
She puts in the cube, ect ect...
She puts in her PIN number, which looks like a bunch of weird circles, and it gets to the money withdrawing part.
It looks like she has plenty of money!
"So how much do you think I should withdraw?"

Krystal shrugs. I don't know, probably a few hundred at least. Enough for a security deposit. And maybe going and getting some furniture.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-23, 09:59 PM
Generic Street

Mist Anders is wandering again. The currently human-shaped fox-kid is still his unassuming, black-coated, brown-haired, yellow-eyed self, and is doing what he usually does: wander around streets looking for something to do that accommodates his (flat broke) status, while trying to look like he isn't bored, because the Nexus has an awful habit of messing with bored teenagers.
(Un?)fortunately for him, his player has decided that something should happen to him today, whatever it is.

{Interaction Wanted}

Earl of Purple
2013-03-23, 10:28 PM
Generic Street

A half-drow girl wearing a tattered blue t-shirt and denim shorts and standing in the mouth of an alleyway is trying to get Mist Anders's attention. She's got long white hair and dark skin, plus slightly pointed ears. Her eyes are closed, but she somehow seems to know exactly where Mist is as she waves and beckons him over.

The Altaran Irregulars did post a warning about children-like creatures luring people into alleyways and then ambushing and eating them, so Mist could be suspicious.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-23, 10:49 PM
Generic Street

Mist does vaguely recall such a notice, although he'd be somewhat suspicious anyway. He turns to the girl, takes exactly one step towards her, stops, and says, "Hello? What'cha need?"

Earl of Purple
2013-03-23, 10:57 PM
Generic Street

The half-drow girl points and beckons, turning slightly and walking further into the alleyway, turning briefly to look over her shoulder and beckoning again.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-23, 11:05 PM
Generic Street

Mental alarms flare. This would be weird even if there wasn't an alley-monster alert. Heck, this would be weird even if Mist was still on Earth. Mist reaches into his coat and pulls out a slim knife.
"How about this? You actually say something or I scream, throw this into your face, and run?"
He actually wouldn't throw it on the mere suspicion of someone being a killer monster thing, but he's just trying to see what the reaction is. A normal person would at least show some emotion at being threatened. Maybe.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-23, 11:12 PM
Generic Street

The child flinches and turns to hide behind a dustbin when she's threatened. She still doesn't say anything, or open her eyes, however. She does start to mimic the sounds of crying, however. That's a new trick, and one they haven't had cause to use before the warning went out. They're adapting their tactics- using sympathy when curiosity fails.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-23, 11:26 PM
Generic Street

Mist sighs. He knows this is a trap. He really does. But he has to know for sure. (and his player wants him to not be boring)
Doesn't mean he has to be an idiot about it, though. With a shudder, he shifts into his fox form. He loses a few inches of height in the process along with his shoes, which vanish, but otherwise his proportions are pretty much the same, just with the added tail and fox head. Although he dislikes not being human, he's much faster this way. He's still got the first stiletto in his right hand, and he's ready to drop his second knife into his left hand at any point. He takes a few steps into the alley.
"If you understand me, I'm sorry. If you can't, please stop that and don't try anything, if you don't mind."

Earl of Purple
2013-03-23, 11:30 PM
Generic Street

The little girl continues crying, or sounding as though she is, and when he gets too close she turns around and runs deeper into the alleyway, around a corner.

Then the crying turns into a scream, and then sounds of pain.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-23, 11:37 PM
Generic Alley

Well, at least that made the possible fighting question easier to figure. Mist draws his second knife, and heads deeper into the alley, towards and then turning the corner in one of the various fighting stances that he knows without being trained. Stupid magic.
"Come out, you bastards."
Well, either they're monsters or guys who beat up girls, he's right either way.

Zefir
2013-03-24, 06:40 AM
[DMC 2.0]

For all he knows about his age, Yuki may as well be a child. He often seems to space out, but quickly notices and refocuses.

"Yeah, I guess not." Yuki gives a shrug. "I honestly would have expected such a patchwork society to have fallen apart long before now though. How does the Nexus keep stable?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head.

"I don't know. The nexus is still something new for me. I can only guess that it has some kind of influence to the people themself. This way it doesn't need to change for every person coming here. I noticed myself by nearly breaking my bon ton that the Nexus influence us."

OrchestraHc
2013-03-24, 09:32 AM
[Gothic House]

[Gothic house]

Young Star looks at Calvin, and starts making hand motions. First pointing at himself, he makes a diving motion with his hand. Then he makes a v shape with his arm and pushes on his wrist with his other hand, like he's giving air a sleeper hold. Seems he's looking for objections or other plans.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-24, 11:44 AM
Clock Tower

"Well, that'd be me." Thankfully, Lawrence is quite willing to interpret 'pulling the strings' literally, and as referring to Enshadu, in which case Day and by extension the rest of the hivemind qualify. And that's probably best for everyone.

"But, I wasn't responsible for the thing at Trog's. And I don't like being called incompetent. If you want to walk out of this with anything but more enemies, why don't you calm down, and we'll talk."

Enshadu slowly adjusts his coat once more and replies to Zane via telepathy. I've been telepathic since the last upgrade of my system. I replaced a good deal of my combat abilities with magical and telekinetic skills. I'm not sure, this could get interesting. So, use some other kind of weapon, even hand-to-hand combat if necessary. An explosion in here would kill everyone but me.

Mee
2013-03-24, 03:19 PM
Only once or twice... Unless you count Civvy, I suppose. Toby muses to himself for a moment. But yes, let's return to HALO.

"Wouldn't she count for double?" Kwen asks, taking her laptop up, and beginning the not-terribly-well-explained-method-of-getting-back-to-HALO.

Morcleon
2013-03-24, 04:29 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia shakes her head.

"I don't know. The nexus is still something new for me. I can only guess that it has some kind of influence to the people themself. This way it doesn't need to change for every person coming here. I noticed myself by nearly breaking my bon ton that the Nexus influence us."

[DMC 2.0]

"Hmm..." Yuki gives Mia a curious look. "But that would imply that the realm itself isn't a natural place. Created, perhaps."

He takes out a small nutrient bar from his bag and begins chewing thoughtfully on it. "Want one?"

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 04:37 PM
Generic Street- Alleyway

He will see nothing threatening down the alleyway, nor will he see the 'child'. He might notice several old bloodstains. Further down the alleyway is a large four-wheeled wheelie bin and several large black bin bags which may be a hiding place. But might also be too obvious.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 04:47 PM
Generic Street Alleyway

Mist is young and clearly not the smartest kid ever. Heck, he's awfully stupid to have come this far. But even he can tell when he's being led a bit too much to be a normal situation, especially when the locale is this suspicious. The confidence he usually gets from shifting is long gone. To make an unavoidable pun: he's high-tailing it. He moves back the way he came as fast as he can without leaving himself wide open, which is about as fast as most people can run (not sprint).

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 05:07 PM
Generic Street- Alleyway

As he turns to run, he might find a weight landing upon his shoulders. The half-drow has its 'eyes' open, revealing small fanged mouths on retractable stalks and its 'lips' have parted, revealing a large eye with an orange pupil. It had climbed up the wall, so is now attacking from above. It's trying to push him face-down to the ground with its weight- roughly equivalent to a seven-year-old girl.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 05:19 PM
Generic Streets Alley

Mist's keen ears give him some warning, so he's already starting to twist as the thing lands on his shoulder, although most of its weight would be on one side. He continues the maneuver, trying to shake it off, while the arm of his free side attempts to shove its blade directly into its face. He's off-balance, but not falling yet.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 05:27 PM
Generic Street- Alleyway

The thing is very hard to shake off- it can decide which surface it treats as 'down' with regards to gravity (so long as it's actually touched that surface), and in this case, that's Mist. It will try to improve its grip regardless, though it lacks claws to make that easier it's stronger than it should be. Its mouths reach out and try to bite whatever they can, but the blade puts an end to that by severing one close to the socket- a blow it tried to dodge.

The severed mouth hits the ground and continues to writhe and bite.

Lex-Kat
2013-03-24, 05:33 PM
{Street outside of a shop, somewhere..... :smalleek:}

Caroline and Vincent (I assume) arrive here at some point, looking for.... Marley (the quest-giver played by ThePhantom)?

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 05:33 PM
Generic Street Alleyway

Mist manages to dodge the remaining mouth's bites, but he clearly can't keep it up forever. Which is why he's aiming another stab to its face, while also attempting to turn and slam the thing against the nearest brick wall by throwing himself at it, which is presumably just three feet away.

ThePhantom
2013-03-24, 05:38 PM
{Street outside of a shop, somewhere..... :smalleek:}

Caroline and Vincent (I assume) arrive here at some point, looking for.... Marley (the quest-giver played by ThePhantom)?

Mr. E is his name, and by viture of his network, he appears, purple hat over his face, leaning against a lamppost.

"Looking for someone?"

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 05:43 PM
Generic Street- Alleyway

The creature hisses in pain as it hits the wall, and changes its chosen gravitational down. The blade slices into its face, regretfully failing to hit anything too vital. Using its new down direction, it tries to scuttle away from Mist up the wall, letting go of him at this point. It's scared, and is trying to run away. Whether or not Mist lets it is completely up to him.

Reinholdt
2013-03-24, 05:51 PM
Outside Trog's

Is where Vincent and Caroline would go.

"No. But we do have your thing. Let's see your quest reward list." Whatever the thing was. I can't remember.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 05:51 PM
Generic Street Alleyway

Mist reacts immediately to the finished Grapple, twisting and trying to plunge both his blades into the thing's back, not being able to tell if it's fleeing or trying to set up another jump attack.
If it evades, he'll disengage and start running himself, although still keeping an eye on it.

Lex-Kat
2013-03-24, 05:56 PM
{Outside Trog's}

Ah yes, that was it. :smallsmile:

Caroline holds out the camera-like device. "Is this what you wanted?" "That creature almost killed us." A slightly different voice adds, after Caroline's normal voice.

ThePhantom
2013-03-24, 06:02 PM
Outside Trog's

"Yes, that's what I wanted. As for the reward, I did promise you money."

Mr E slides a suitcase from behind his back. The reward list shows gold, magic item, and a blanked out slot.

"Its not my fault if you don't do research on monsters, or fail to have enough backup."

Interesting, she didn't have a second voice before.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 06:02 PM
Generic Alleyway

The creature's on its back scuttling up the wall, so the blades enter its abdomen and it hisses in pain, more of its thick black blood spilling from the wound, along with small maggot-like things. It hasn't evaded, but it's not dead- it doesn't keep much of import in its chest cavity beyond the larvae it releases upon its death and are kept in sedated stasis until they are no longer exposed to the pheromones in its blood.

Reinholdt
2013-03-24, 06:16 PM
{Outside Trog's}

As in a choice between those or just all three? And blanked out means what?

"Actually, it's totally your fault. You didn't give us the bestiary, so it's not in our menu options yet. Without it, we can't do research."

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 06:44 PM
Generic Alleyway

Well, if it's still there, it's going to keep getting stabbed! Still, Mist can tell that it isn't slowed much by the torso wound, so he'll go back to aiming for the head and neck, if they're withing reach.
I swear if this stuff stains my coat I'm going to be PISSED.

Lex-Kat
2013-03-24, 06:45 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"Hey, maybe we could ask Mister Dipsnig if he can give us a Bestiary." Caroline says and starts to hand over the Camera-thing. "It was tough, but we defeated it without need of backup." Catoline adds.

ThePhantom
2013-03-24, 06:53 PM
(All three, well, two. The blanked one means not available, aka what they would have gotten for killing the beast in the hunting grounds)

Mr. E takes the camera.

"I wouldn't give you the bestiary, why would I give you a key for fighting me?"

He is a recurring boss after all.

"Anyways, isn't the game supposed to have harder bosses from time to time? Its not my fault if you don't grind."

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 06:54 PM
Generic Alleyway

The next stab enters the child-monster's eyeball, popping it and causing eyeball jelly to leak down its chin. It hisses in pain as the blade enters the optic nerve and causes damage there, before slowly going limp. It's not quite dead, but it knows it's doomed. Without sight, it can't hunt, and if it can't hunt it can't heal its wounds and will starve to death, if it isn't killed now.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-24, 07:21 PM
Generic Alley

Limp is good enough for Mist. Gingerly transferring his knives to one hand as he backs up, he picks up a discarded rag off the ground and wipes off his blades ("This is so gross"). Once that's taken care of, he'll leave the alley and attempt to call law enforcement, since he has no idea if that was the only one in there. And because it really ought to be finished off, but since for all he knows they explode on death, he's certainly not going to do it himself.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-24, 07:27 PM
Generic Alley

Had that one not been alone, they would have attacked together. They prefer working as a small pack, though that one survived an encounter with somebody that killed its two pack mates and there hasn't been enough time for a new pack to mature from the larvae.

Reinholdt
2013-03-24, 07:36 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"You keep saying it's not your fault. Methinks thou doth protest too much. Also we already know how to beat you." Vincent takes the money and the magic item! Yay quest rewards!

He checks out his inventory to see what the item is and does.

Devixer
2013-03-24, 07:52 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

He is shield bashed... and falls down again. He's moving slower now, and doesn't seem as strong... the chemical in his blood must have worn off.

He begins to get up again, but she has a chance to put him down now.

Imesah tries to place her foot on the thug's chest and keep him on the ground. She points her sword toward his neck. "One more chance. Give up."

[Cheap Hotel Motel]

Kirk looks amused for the last moment Cassidy can see his face before he turns to head out the door. he keeps a careful watch as he leads the way outside. No use letting anyone get the jump on them. If the coast is clear, he'll wave Cass to follow.

[Leaving the Cheap Hotel Motel][/B]

The way outside is clear. Or at least it will be soon. It seems that a couple of teenagers were just wrapping up some sort of drug deal. But they quickly split up and take off when Kirk comes outside.

Cassidy exits once Kirk signals that the way is clear, ready to find a good low rooftop to start on.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-24, 09:13 PM
Black Clad Gentleman

You're halfway right. From about halfway down Mel is identical to a giant shrimp, with a segmented speckled shell and dozens of legs. Above that, his features slowly edge towards human- He has two sets of arms, one larger set ending in a pair of five-digit hands, and a smaller set ending in pincers. His face is a mix of human and fish, with wide, staring eyes, catfish whiskers, and a single fin running from his forehead down the back of his neck.

"They look fancy. Nobody at home wears cloth." Oh, he'll just be the toast of prawn fashion when he returns wearing silly human clothes. "Yes. What do humans barter with?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-24, 09:35 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"Yeah right!"

The thug will try to grab Imesah's foot and throw it off. Try, I expect, is the operative word, since he doesn't do anything about the sword at his neck.

Gullara
2013-03-25, 07:57 AM
[Cheap Hotel Motel]

"Alright, we're good to go." Kirk steps a short ways out in front of Cassidy and keeps an eye out for trouble even as he looks for an avenue along the rooftops.

"Come on, let's look for a fire escape." The drow will lead the way down the alley if there's one thing. He should be able to push himself up off the wall and grab hold of the ladder to drag it down if need be.

McBish
2013-03-25, 12:38 PM
[Leaving Cheap Hotel Motel]

It shouldn't be hard to get up to the rooftop with Amelia. It's pretty unlikely that they will run into any resistance getting back to NO, Amelia's luck isn't that good. If she doesn't escape soon she will probably lose her hotel room. If they didn't grab her stuff she will probably lose that as well.

----------------------

[Gothic House]

Calvin thinks about it and then nods. If it is a trap better for Young Star to spring it. He looks tight, like a compressed spring. The man on the couch licks his finger and slowly turns the page of his book.

--------------------------

[Angie's Tour of the City]

Angie leads Cuff out of Trog's and into the city of Inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274478). The first thing Cuff may notice is the size of this place. It is about as big as it needs to be at any given time. Which is to say very large considering the amount of stuff that fills it. Which is lots of stuff. Angie will lead Cuff on a quick whirlwind tour of the city. She will lead him through areas of the city that look like victorian england, sections with highrise apartments, 50's suburbia, and dozens of others. They travel by car, flying car, rail, they even hop in a horse and buggy at one point.

She points out some of the major landmarks and locations. They swing through Market Street and Cirrus Street. She figures if he can handle flying up to the Skyway there he will be able to handle anything. She will show him Mallside (”http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256940”), the huge shopping center with more stores then Angie cares to count. She will show him Remnant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230321) headquarters briefly explaining how they protect the city from major threats like an army rather then a police force.

She will show him dozens of temples to many different gods. She seems to hold a special place forThe Temple of Inari (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266732). She explains that when she came here as a child it was a very popular temple and she spent a lot of time there. As time passed the city has grown around it and it often seems forgotten but she still visits time to time.

She will show him some places to eat, like the Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257372), and her favorite hot dog stand in the city, where she gets herself a hot dog with relish and ketchup and offers to pick up one for him figuring he might be hungry. Near the food cart is a nice park with a wide variety of trees spread evenly through the park. Most of them don't have their leaves and snow piles onto their branches. A few evergreens give the park some color though.

Angie ends her tour in a neighborhood in the gray zone. It looks like there has been a lot of recent construction and is still in the process of several renovations and construction projects. Angie points to one of two tall apartment complexes, one five stories tall one eight.

”That is an apartment building. It is actually the one you can stay at if you want.”

FireFox
2013-03-25, 12:56 PM
Clock Tower

Reynard is perfectly calm. He even smiles as he realizes how badly Lawrence is misunderstanding him. I brought up Trog's and the subsequent events to explain why I believe I have the right to sell this chip. And I brought up the matter of competency to point out that I know nothing about you, not that I truly believe you're incompetent. So why should a favor from you be worth any more than a favor from those two clowns? I have no doubt that there is an excellent answer to that question. He casually reaches into a pocket inside his coat and pulls out a business card, which he offers to Lawrence. I told you, I'm interested in reaching the best possible outcome for both of us. I merely expect to be treated on equal footing. Since I have no intention of interfering with your activities here, I'll just be on my way. When you're ready to make me an offer, please, give me a call or drop by my bar.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 03:50 PM
[Angie's Tour of the City]

Angie leads Cuff out of Trog's and into the city of Inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274478). The first thing Cuff may notice is the size of this place. It is about as big as it needs to be at any given time. Which is to say very large considering the amount of stuff that fills it. Which is lots of stuff. Angie will lead Cuff on a quick whirlwind tour of the city. She will lead him through areas of the city that look like victorian england, sections with highrise apartments, 50's suburbia, and dozens of others. They travel by car, flying car, rail, they even hop in a horse and buggy at one point.

She points out some of the major landmarks and locations. They swing through Market Street and Cirrus Street. She figures if he can handle flying up to the Skyway there he will be able to handle anything. She will show him Mallside (”http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256940”), the huge shopping center with more stores then Angie cares to count. She will show him Remnant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230321) headquarters briefly explaining how they protect the city from major threats like an army rather then a police force.

She will show him dozens of temples to many different gods. She seems to hold a special place forThe Temple of Inari (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266732). She explains that when she came here as a child it was a very popular temple and she spent a lot of time there. As time passed the city has grown around it and it often seems forgotten but she still visits time to time.

She will show him some places to eat, like the Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257372), and her favorite hot dog stand in the city, where she gets herself a hot dog with relish and ketchup and offers to pick up one for him figuring he might be hungry. Near the food cart is a nice park with a wide variety of trees spread evenly through the park. Most of them don't have their leaves and snow piles onto their branches. A few evergreens give the park some color though.

Angie ends her tour in a neighborhood in the gray zone. It looks like there has been a lot of recent construction and is still in the process of several renovations and construction projects. Angie points to one of two tall apartment complexes, one five stories tall one eight.

”That is an apartment building. It is actually the one you can stay at if you want.”

Cuffs seems overawed by the entire city. "Everything is so BIG," he comments at one point. He is frightened by cars at first, until Angie explains that they are not monstrosities powered by fire or air elementals. He grips her hand very tightly when they go up to the skyway. It's here where she notices something odd. His right hand is extremely calloused in comparison to his left, which is odd, because his left is the one where he seems most comfortable carrying his large shield, though he also wears it on his back. "Hoo, Ah'm ready ta not be up high," he comments when they finally leave the skyway.

"So, ye seem to have a thing fer foxes," he mentions while they eat their hot dogs. "Is thar a story behind that?"

And finally, when they reach the apartment, he looks up and down the building. "Ah don't understand how ye build all yer buildings so high! Ah think the tallest buildin' I've ever seen before was a castle, and it was only a wee portion the height o' the- the skyscrapers round here. An' that's nae all. Everyone's cleaner here, the food is tastier an' better cooked, the stuff ye have is jest... Amazin."

Lex-Kat
2013-03-25, 04:43 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"Wait. He's a reoccurring enemy, and we took a quest for him?" Catoline asks.

Caroline nods her head. Yup. then she looks at Vincent, considering. Uh, why did we take the job, if he's our enemy? she asks Vincent.

McBish
2013-03-25, 04:51 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie does notice the callouses on his hands, but doesn't say anything. She finds herself a bit amazed to be holding hands with Cuffs. She is happy to have the excuse of his fear to hold his hand.

As they eat the hot dogs Angie explains. "They were nice to me when I was a kid. If I ever had any trouble I would usually end up there till I got it sorted out. Plus my best friend still lives there."

Angie grins at Cuff's amazement, the city certainly had a way of people. "I'm glad you like it, it definitely has its advantages. Hopefully you will be able to remember enough to find your way around."

Mindfreak
2013-03-25, 04:57 PM
Well, look at us, it would be a shame not to enjoy ourselves tonight.

She heads into the fancy restaurant.
Gilded Sword
Steve smiled and followed her into the fancy restaurant. The gilded part really is apparent here. The walls contain elegant, full body paintings. There's a large, white marble fireplace. Not to mention the beautiful, gold wrought tables and velvet chairs.
It's pretty freaking fancy :smalltongue:
And then there's the host.
"Do you have a reservation?"
Steve pointed in the book, where their name suddenly appeared.
"Right there my good fellow."
The man nodded and led them to a table for two and gave them menus.
Which is entirely in French.
Steve sits down, taking a menu as a waiter starts walking towards them.
"What are you getting?"
((BYOMI, bring your own meal idea)):smalltongue:

---

CPB
The Lady types in $2,000 then. And gets said money.
She needs a new wardrobe too.
She'll then retrieve her cube and put it away.
"So now what?"

Felandria
2013-03-25, 05:20 PM
Gilded Sword
Steve smiled and followed her into the fancy restaurant. The gilded part really is apparent here. The walls contain elegant, full body paintings. There's a large, white marble fireplace. Not to mention the beautiful, gold wrought tables and velvet chairs.
It's pretty freaking fancy :smalltongue:
And then there's the host.
"Do you have a reservation?"
Steve pointed in the book, where their name suddenly appeared.
"Right there my good fellow."
The man nodded and led them to a table for two and gave them menus.
Which is entirely in French.
Steve sits down, taking a menu as a waiter starts walking towards them.
"What are you getting?"
((BYOMI, bring your own meal idea)):smalltongue:

(Since it didn't get brought up, do we assume I shrunk to a more manageable size or are we just at a big table?)

I'll have the chicken cordon bleu and a bottle of wine.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 05:31 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie does notice the callouses on his hands, but doesn't say anything. She finds herself a bit amazed to be holding hands with Cuffs. She is happy to have the excuse of his fear to hold his hand.

As they eat the hot dogs Angie explains. "They were nice to me when I was a kid. If I ever had any trouble I would usually end up there till I got it sorted out. Plus my best friend still lives there."

Angie grins at Cuff's amazement, the city certainly had a way of people. "I'm glad you like it, it definitely has its advantages. Hopefully you will be able to remember enough to find your way around."

[ANGIE'S APARTMENTS]

"Aye. If Ah could get me hands on a map, that'd be even better. Though fer the time bein' Ah could stay on as a custodian at the apartments - clean up in the hallways and whatnot. I'd like ta try an' earn enough money to buy some materials an' build a shrine to Arteok." He smiles. "Duty first, y'know? So, could ye help set me up with a room?"

McBish
2013-03-25, 07:15 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Sure that shouldn't be a problem. I bet there is work to be found around here to." Angie starts to lead him towards the shorter of the two complex. "How are you with plants?" She says thoughtfully.

Devixer
2013-03-25, 07:19 PM
Leaving Cheap Hotel Motel

Cassidy grabbed Amelia's journal, but that was about it. She's able to get up to the rooftop and get going.

((Is it safe to timeskip to NO?))

Smith and Son's Gun Shop

The thug will find that Imesah is rather strong and her foot is difficult to lift. In response, she lifts her sword and tries to plunge it into the thug's stomach rather than his neck.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-25, 07:46 PM
Smith and Son's Gun Shop

The thug is stabbed in the stomach, and passes out after a moment.

The only thing left is Sam Smith, tied up in the corner over there away from all the fighting. He looks grateful that Imesah took care of the thugs.

Devixer
2013-03-25, 07:49 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah sheathes her sword and immediately moves to the corner to untie Sam. "Do you need any further assistance?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-25, 07:52 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"No, I think that's everything. The silent alarm already sent for Remnant, but it's a good thing you got here or the might have gotten away! Thank you so much!"

He stands up and dusts himself off.

"They kept talking about a gang or something, and a plan, and a secret weapon or something. Typical gang talk."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 07:54 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Sure that shouldn't be a problem. I bet there is work to be found around here to." Angie starts to lead him towards the shorter of the two complex. "How are you with plants?" She says thoughtfully.

Cuffs raises an eyebrow. "I'm... fair with plants. I never had any beef with them, an' they never had any problems with me. Why do ya ask?"

Devixer
2013-03-25, 08:06 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"I"m sure Remnant will figure out whatever they were talking about," Imesah says, glancing at the tree thugs she brought down. "It's a good thing I came here, thieves like these should not be able to commit these acts so readily."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-25, 08:11 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"Yeah, I definitely don't want more thugs to have guns. What's with that guy?" Sam points at the one thug with the shoulder plates, who was harder to take down.

Devixer
2013-03-25, 08:13 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"I am unsure. I think he used some sort of magic to strengthen himself," Imesah says, being woefully unaware of technology.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-25, 08:16 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"These look like they were cybernetically implanted," Sam says helpfully as he points at the shoulder pads. "Maybe we should ask my older brother, Simon Smith. He's much better at exposition than I am."

Devixer
2013-03-25, 08:18 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The phrase 'cybernetically implanted' goes right over Imesah's head, sounding like something in a different language to her. "I, ah, I suppose."

McBish
2013-03-25, 08:33 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Well I know there are several large gardening projects that often need extra hands, there is probably some work to be had there if you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty."

Angie waves to a couple leaving the building on their way in, and the man at the desk seems to recgonize her right away. Cuffs might notice that several other people in this neighborhood seem to recgonize her as well. Seems she is pretty well known in these parts.

-----------------

[Kidnapping Amelia]

Time skip would be fine with me. One more quick question how long did Cassidy knock her out for approximately.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-25, 08:50 PM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The phrase 'cybernetically implanted' goes right over Imesah's head, sounding like something in a different language to her. "I, ah, I suppose."

Sam smith will then go about pondering if he can start picking up, or if that would be tampering with a crime scene. If Imesah wants to ask questions, now would be a good time.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 09:04 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Well I know there are several large gardening projects that often need extra hands, there is probably some work to be had there if you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty."

Angie waves to a couple leaving the building on their way in, and the man at the desk seems to recgonize her right away. Cuffs might notice that several other people in this neighborhood seem to recgonize her as well. Seems she is pretty well known in these parts.

Cuffs grins from ear to ear. "Ah've always felt a special love o' the soil. Thar's jus' somethin' calmin' about havin' yer hands in th' earth. If Ah hadnae chosen a life in service to Arteok, I'd a been a devotee o' the fertility goddess instead." He looks around in curiosity. "It seems ye have a high reputation. Are these people all livin' on yer land?"

McBish
2013-03-25, 09:23 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Yeah most of them. I bought up this apartment building and the one next to it, plus a few businesses around here. I've put a lot of work and resources back into the community. Give me a second." Angie sounds proud of what she has done here. She goes over to a small office in the front of the large building. She talks briefly with the man there and gets a set of keys and heads back over to Cuffs. "So I haven't ever heard of Arteok before tell me about him."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 09:32 PM
"Well... Arteok is th' God of knowledge an' rules, back home on me world Thrace. He's very wise, an' very mighty, an' a real stickler fer rules. He designed the first language written by men, an' wrote down th' first book o' law in the name o' the First One, who is his master. He can be a bit o' a stick in the mud tho', on the personal side o' things, an' Zog has a real way o' pissin' him off. Even Soldovin c'n be a bit o' a bother when he gets more interested in justice than protocol."

McBish
2013-03-25, 09:48 PM
Angie's Apartments

"Doesn't sound like the god for me. I've never been big on rules, always sort of made my own. I've had to break plenty of those over time." She doesn't sound very judgmental about it. She respects people of all sorts of faith. She just doesn't have one, despite having a connection to the divine, or maybe because of it.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 09:55 PM
Angie's Apartments

"Doesn't sound like the god for me. I've never been big on rules, always sort of made my own. I've had to break plenty of those over time." She doesn't sound very judgmental about it. She respects people of all sorts of faith. She just doesn't have one, despite having a connection to the divine, or maybe because of it.

"Heheh. Sounds like you 'n' ol' Zog would get along just fine. He's the god o' chaos, an randomness, an' fun. Here's th' thing. The ten gods all have their petty squabbles with each other, b'cause they all disagree on how things should run. But they all manage to work together. Ther like a family - Ah guess ye could say that's exactly what they are."

McBish
2013-03-25, 10:06 PM
Angie's Apartments

"That sounds really nice, better then a lot of pantheons I have heard of." She leads them up the stairs heading to the third story. The inside of the apartment building is very nice, fresh paint and plush carpeting. "What about you, have a big family?"

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 10:16 PM
Angie's Apartments

"That sounds really nice, better then a lot of pantheons I have heard of." She leads them up the stairs heading to the third story. The inside of the apartment building is very nice, fresh paint and plush carpeting. "What about you, have a big family?"

"Aye. Their personalities and portfolios complement each other quite nicely, so they're rather well rounded. They only got in a fight o' any consequence once, and Bomi helped resolve that one soon enough. She's thegoddess of kindness, fairness, an' balance, by the way." When she mentions his family, Cuffs sighs. "Well, me da's a shepherd. That's part o' the reason Ah became a minister. Ah want ta be able ta look after people with the same care tha' he looks after his sheep. Me ma is a nice woman. Very big, with big, merry features, and large... Stage presence. No siblings Ah'm afraid."

McBish
2013-03-25, 10:38 PM
Angie's Apartments

"They sound nice." Guess she could be saying that about his parents or his gods. They reach a door and Angie uses the key she got to open it up. Inside is a small one bedroom apartment with a good sized kitchen and bathroom. New modern appliances in the kitchen. It seems to be a model apartment with sparse furniture spread throughout. "So what do you think?"

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 10:54 PM
Angie's Apartments

"They sound nice." Guess she could be saying that about his parents or his gods. They reach a door and Angie uses the key she got to open it up. Inside is a small one bedroom apartment with a good sized kitchen and bathroom. New modern appliances in the kitchen. It seems to be a model apartment with sparse furniture spread throughout. "So what do you think?"

"It's lovely." He takes off his boots and stockings, stretching his feet and toes. "Soft rug, clean walls. A nice view too," he says, looking out the window. "Quite pretty. Perhaps ye could show me what these gnome-things do?" he says, indicating the small kitchen appliances. "And that black box in t'other room, is that one of those... Teevees ye talked aboot?" He stretches his toes again. "Bless me kilt, this carpet is soft. What's it made of?"

McBish
2013-03-25, 11:06 PM
Angie will take some time showing him how the dishwasher, oven and refrigerator works. Also in the bathroom there is a dryer stacked on top of a washer for clothes. "I'm not sure, probably a cotton blend of some sort. Yeah that is the TV, and a remote is next to it. Oh and there is the phone over there. I can leave you my number so you can call if you have any questions."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-25, 11:18 PM
Angie will take some time showing him how the dishwasher, oven and refrigerator works. Also in the bathroom there is a dryer stacked on top of a washer for clothes. "I'm not sure, probably a cotton blend of some sort. Yeah that is the TV, and a remote is next to it. Oh and there is the phone over there. I can leave you my number so you can call if you have any questions."

"Aye, thank ye very much, lass. This ought to be quite comfy. Thanks again fer yer kindness." There's a moment of awkward silence as Cuffs shifts his feet slightly. Suddenly his face brightens, and he snaps his fingers. "Mebee there is some small way for me to start to repay you." Cuffs puts the kettle on the stove, which he attempts to turn on. "Thar... We go. I'll put on some tea. I think you'll like this, it's one of the few amenities I carry with me everywhere." He pulls a jar full of indigo leaves out of his drawstring satchel.

McBish
2013-03-26, 09:11 AM
[Angie's Apartments]

"That sounds great thank you." Angie takes a seat on the sofa. Her feet aren't used to this much walking and could use the rest. As she sits and starts to relax it gets easier to see through her act of not being sore. Oddly the worst of it isn't her feet or legs rather her left side and any time she bends at the waist.

Zefir
2013-03-26, 09:48 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"Hmm..." Yuki gives Mia a curious look. "But that would imply that the realm itself isn't a natural place. Created, perhaps."

He takes out a small nutrient bar from his bag and begins chewing thoughtfully on it. "Want one?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia rise up a hand. "No thank you." she answers him.

"It must be. Just see how people got here. Most of them did by accident. If the world existed the same mometn the others did, then this world would have dragged them all into it."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-03-26, 09:52 AM
CPB
The Lady types in $2,000 then. And gets said money.
She needs a new wardrobe too.
She'll then retrieve her cube and put it away.
"So now what?"

I guess we go looking for an available apartment in the city. There's bound to be one. Kinda weird how this place works like that.

Krystal will lead the way back to the Streets.

OrchestraHc
2013-03-26, 10:14 AM
Black Clad Gentleman

You're halfway right. From about halfway down Mel is identical to a giant shrimp, with a segmented speckled shell and dozens of legs. Above that, his features slowly edge towards human- He has two sets of arms, one larger set ending in a pair of five-digit hands, and a smaller set ending in pincers. His face is a mix of human and fish, with wide, staring eyes, catfish whiskers, and a single fin running from his forehead down the back of his neck.

"They look fancy. Nobody at home wears cloth." Oh, he'll just be the toast of prawn fashion when he returns wearing silly human clothes. "Yes. What do humans barter with?"

Black Clad Gentleman

Why catfish whiskers when shrimp and lobsters already have whiskers?

"Here? Mostly gold coins. Sometimes silver or copper but those are worth less." It would take too long to explain the concept of paper money and he could just imagine Melbourne shoving candy wrappers or something in some poor shopkeepers face.

[Gothic House]

Calvin thinks about it and then nods. If it is a trap better for Young Star to spring it. He looks tight, like a compressed spring. The man on the couch licks his finger and slowly turns the page of his book.

Gothic House

Young Star floats silently and slowly as a cloud, high near the celing, especially since most people look down while reading. Young Cloud moves slowly to get in position, until thunder strikes! Young Star dives on the man and tries to get him in a sleeper hold, using measured pressure to not hurt him.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 01:38 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"That sounds great thank you." Angie takes a seat on the sofa. Her feet aren't used to this much walking and could use the rest. As she sits and starts to relax it gets easier to see through her act of not being sore. Oddly the worst of it isn't her feet or legs rather her left side and any time she bends at the waist.

"Make yerself at home, milady, Ah'm gon' ta... Well, make meself at home here." Cuffs does notice her ailment, and he decides to bring it up shortly, but first goes to explore the rest of the apartment. It's only a couple rooms: a kitchen and a living room, a small bathroom, and a bedroom. "These are some rather nice quarters, better than the Bishop's room back at th' Abbey where I was trained. This world certainly is wealthy..." He unloads his drawstring bag on the bed, before returning to the room, wearing what looks like a large metal glove over his right hand. "So... Out o' curiosity, are ye in health? Th' only reason I bring it up is because yer walk's been a bit wobbly all day," he says sheepishly. "Ah don't mean ta pry."

McBish
2013-03-26, 01:53 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie sighs quietly and nods. "Don't worry too much about it. I'm healthy enough. My healing takes a toll on my body. Yesterday there was a car accident and I healed a couple of people. So today I get to be nice and sore, tommorow will be better and by the end of the week I won't notice anymore. It's a small price to pay." She looks curiously at the metal glove he is wearing and points at it. "What's that?"

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 02:04 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie sighs quietly and nods. "Don't worry too much about it. I'm healthy enough. My healing takes a toll on my body. Yesterday there was a car accident and I healed a couple of people. So today I get to be nice and sore, tommorow will be better and by the end of the week I won't notice anymore. It's a small price to pay." She looks curiously at the metal glove he is wearing and points at it. "What's that?"

"Just a precaution... Ah s'pose we're safe enough in here, but still." he says, and he drifts off into reverie for a moment. "Nothing o' too much import, though." The kettle begins to whistle angrily. "Ah! Water's done." He pours the tea, and leaves it to brew. "Y'know, Ah could help ye with that. One cast o' Vigor, and ye'd be right as rain. Handy timin' too, cause th' gauntlet's a nice material focus."

McBish
2013-03-26, 02:26 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though." She sits up watching him prepare the tea. "I've been healing for a long time so I am used to it. What kind of tea is that?" Angie doesn't know anything about tea but figures she should know what she is drinking.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 02:35 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though." She sits up watching him prepare the tea. "I've been healing for a long time so I am used to it. What kind of tea is that?" Angie doesn't know anything about tea but figures she should know what she is drinking.

He uses his hand to wave away the steam from the cups. "It's called Treli. It's made from a p'ticularly rare plant. Twas a gift from a friend, back home. Ah'll warn ye though, it's got quite a kick, and the first sip can be quite a shock unless ye're prepared for it." Cuffs takes a small drink, and an involuntary shiver races up his whole body. "Mmh," he sighs.

McBish
2013-03-26, 02:40 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie raises an eyebrow and then reaches over to pick up the cup. She blows on it gently and looks down at it for a second. She hasn't had a cup of tea with a kick before. She slowly raises the cup to her lips and takes a small drink.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 02:49 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie raises an eyebrow and then reaches over to pick up the cup. She blows on it gently and looks down at it for a second. She hasn't had a cup of tea with a kick before. She slowly raises the cup to her lips and takes a small drink.

The first sip is about the only thing that would ever be described as 'intensely delicious.' All your senses melt into a vague happy haze as the liquid touches your tongue, sending chills racing up and down your body. Your eyes and ears are still giving you input, but you can't make sense of it. A moment later, you're lying back in your seat, your teacup on the table, not entirely sure how you got from point A to point B. Slowly, your ears also start working again, and you hear Cuffs' voice. "Lass! Lass! Ye alright?"

McBish
2013-03-26, 03:05 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie smiles as she regains her senses. In her groggy state she doesn't respond right away with words. Instead she will use her empathic ablities to reach out with them to let him know he is OK. Cuff's should be able to feel that she is feeling fine. A fairly powerful sense of happiness coming from her. She blinks a few times and nods. "That is good tea."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 03:25 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie smiles as she regains her senses. In her groggy state she doesn't respond right away with words. Instead she will use her empathic ablities to reach out with them to let him know he is OK. Cuff's should be able to feel that she is feeling fine. A fairly powerful sense of happiness coming from her. She blinks a few times and nods. "That is good tea."

Cuffs blushes from the power of the emotions wafting off of Angie. He scratches the back of his neck. "Archmage Henderson's beard, lass! Ah dinnae think Ah ever seen someone have such a reaction to the tea. Ah dinnae think it'll be so strong the second time... Probably... Cor..." He goes to the bedroom and gets a cloth from his bag, using it to wipe her forehead. "Ah wonder what caused it to be so intense for ye. Ah mean, Ah've seen similar, but nae quite to this level!"

McBish
2013-03-26, 03:31 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie wears a silly grin on her face obviously not too concerned with her reaction. She giggles a bit at the mention of Archmage Henderson's facial hair. "Maybe it's different for people not from your world. Maybe it has something to do with my powers." She gives a little shrug but lets him dab her brow. "Either way, I like it." She grins and figures she will wait a bit before sitting back up for another drink.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 03:39 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie wears a silly grin on her face obviously not too concerned with her reaction. She giggles a bit at the mention of Archmage Henderson's facial hair. "Maybe it's different for people not from your world. Maybe it has something to do with my powers." She gives a little shrug but lets him dab her brow. "Either way, I like it." She grins and figures she will wait a bit before sitting back up for another drink.

Cuffs sits back down next to her, and cautiously takes a sip of her tea. Though his fingers curl slightly, nothing too strange happens. "Well, Ah s'pose we probably won't know fer a while. Do ye... Maybe we could watch some teevee while we drink?" He says. "Maybe we could watch one of those movin' pictures." He takes another sip of his own tea.

McBish
2013-03-26, 03:46 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie thinks for a second. She was going to go about the rest of her day after getting Cuff's settled here, but now she doesn't feel much like standing up. She isn't entirely sure that she trusts her legs. Plus it has been awhile since she speant a lazy day watching movies. "That sounds like a good idea actually." She slowly sits up to take another sip of her tea very carefully.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-26, 03:56 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie thinks for a second. She was going to go about the rest of her day after getting Cuff's settled here, but now she doesn't feel much like standing up. She isn't entirely sure that she trusts her legs. Plus it has been awhile since she speant a lazy day watching movies. "That sounds like a good idea actually." She slowly sits up to take another sip of her tea very carefully.

Cuffs was right: since your tastebuds are already tingling with the taste of the tea, the reaction isn't nearly as strong, but it still sends warm waves of relaxation through every fiber of your body. "Hmm..." Cuffs picks up the remote, and fiddles with it, scrunching his face in confusion. "Ah think yer gon' have ta walk me through the process. I dinnae know the first thing about teevee and picture shows. Do ye have anything ye'd like ta watch?"

Deathkeeper
2013-03-26, 05:06 PM
Outside Trog's

And outside in Inside they are! Krayger holds the door for Kurgen, like the proper friend he's attempting to be.
"The place is right down the block. It'll take us no time at all to get there."

Joe07
2013-03-26, 05:34 PM
Outside Trog's

And outside in Inside they are! Krayger holds the door for Kurgen, like the proper friend he's attempting to be.
"The place is right down the block. It'll take us no time at all to get there."

Kurgen followed stepping out into the city streets " My I still haven't gotten use to this place, the buildings are nothing like what we have at home at all."

He followed the Minotaur down the road twiddling with his wand all the way " So is this place reputable for getting good work?

Deathkeeper
2013-03-26, 05:47 PM
Outside Trog's -> Streets

Kraygen walks with a rather straight gait, rather than the loping manner of walking some people expect of minotaurs. He's also walking rather fast due to his height, and Kurgen might have some trouble keeping up while still walking.
"What? Watch? Wasn't this your idea? But yeah, usually."

(PS- you might want to get used to using location tags at the top of posts, it's easier to find. And putting your dialogue in color, it's much easier to read that way.)

Joe07
2013-03-26, 05:53 PM
Outside Troggs -> streets

Kurgen had to hurry to avoid getting lost in the crowd " Good then I look forward to see what opportunities we have for profit. I do rather think this idea could pay off." he added " Excluding any mishaps that happen on the way of course."

Deathkeeper
2013-03-26, 05:59 PM
He gives a short laugh.
"Come on, do you really have so little confidence in me that you think I'd lead us straight into some hostile gang on the way there?"

(do you WANT there to be one? :smalltongue:)

Joe07
2013-03-26, 06:17 PM
( Why the hell not ;p )

The Streets

" I suppose your right, after all what are the odds if that happening." he said with a reassuring shrug

Deathkeeper
2013-03-26, 06:41 PM
Streets->Motel-> Back to the Streets

Krayger shoots him a knowing smile. "High. But anyway, we're here."
And indeed, they are now standing in front of a...pretty average looking motel.
"Just wait here and give me a few minutes, I just need to grab my stuff and clean up a bit."
He heads off at a brisk pace (clop clop clop) before Kurgen can respond.
Ten minutes, thirty seconds later, he comes back (clopclopclopclop). He's now wearing a new(er) pair of black pants and a tan shirt, the kind with a string to pull the hole smaller. His hooves are still bare, and he's now carrying a simple tan satchel. He's also a bit wet in a few spots he apparently didn't dry off very well.
"Sorry 'bout that, I really wanted to make sure I'd seen and smelled the last of that toad blood. Anyway, this is all my stuff, so I'm good to go."

Joe07
2013-03-26, 06:45 PM
He gestured down at the tunic and wand by his side " This is all I have with me, so I'm good to go." He said walking forward " And yes the lack of toads blood is a marked improvement."

Deathkeeper
2013-03-26, 06:51 PM
Motel's Street

Krayger shrugs. "I certainly thought so. Although I've been told my normal smell isn't much better. Ha!" Actually, the minotaur doesn't really smell much at all, but probably only because he showers often and they're both outside. Regardless, he keeps going.

(Oh, and upon Joe's request and my own admission at being terrible at this sort of thing,
{Random Encounter Wanted})

Joe07
2013-03-26, 07:06 PM
Motel's street

Kurgen followed again, getting better at keeping up with the miniature fast pace
" Well as long as the smell doesn't linger we should be fine. Besides I hardly smell of roses either."
In fact the bald wizard smelt of a combination of dust and sunflowers, the smell clung to him like a tight cloak.

( Just to reiterate what was said above)

<Random encounter wanted >

McBish
2013-03-26, 08:13 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Cuffs was right: since your tastebuds are already tingling with the taste of the tea, the reaction isn't nearly as strong, but it still sends warm waves of relaxation through every fiber of your body. "Hmm..." Cuffs picks up the remote, and fiddles with it, scrunching his face in confusion. "Ah think yer gon' have ta walk me through the process. I dinnae know the first thing about teevee and picture shows. Do ye have anything ye'd like ta watch?"

It takes some effort on Angie's part to sit up from the couch and she reaches over to take the remote from Cuffs. "Here I'll show you. I don't watch to much, but I do like a good cop drama." She'll show him the basics, power, volume, channel even how to get to the menu. She'll keep sipping the tea quicker now.

----------------------------

Gothic House

Young Star floats silently and slowly as a cloud, high near the celing, especially since most people look down while reading. Young Cloud moves slowly to get in position, until thunder strikes! Young Star dives on the man and tries to get him in a sleeper hold, using measured pressure to not hurt him.

As Young Star dives the man and book seem to disappear. He reappears standing in the corner holding the book and brushing his shoulder. Excuse me, couldn't have you ruffling my suit. He does appear nicely dressed, wearing a suit and vest. A neatly trimmed beard and handlebar mustache on his face.

Calvin stays where he is not moving despite figuring the ma knows where he is.

OrchestraHc
2013-03-26, 08:45 PM
Gothic House

Okay, analyze: he was either fast, teleported, or was an illusion. He said I would have ruffled his suit, so he was probably actually there...

"I wouldn't have mussed it too bad," Young Star answers casually. "But if it bugs you, I don't suppose you can knock your self out, could you? Save me the work?" He takes up a kickboxing stance mid-air, ready to react to almost anything.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 06:11 AM
[Angie's Apartments]

It takes some effort on Angie's part to sit up from the couch and she reaches over to take the remote from Cuffs. "Here I'll show you. I don't watch to much, but I do like a good cop drama." She'll show him the basics, power, volume, channel even how to get to the menu. She'll keep sipping the tea quicker now.

Cuffs breaks into a box of crackers that they purchased while in Mallside. He seems entranced by the 'teevee.' As the afternoon drags on, they watch a number of different shows, and Cuffs takes a particular shine to 'Hogan's Heroes," a show from 1940's Earth, once the premise is explained. During commercial breaks, he takes the time to talk more with Angie. "So, Ah guess ye really think o' the Nexus as yer home, more than ye do yer original home? What Ah mean to say is, ye've lived here longer, based on what ye told me."

[Sorry this is so late. There was a power outage at my house]

McBish
2013-03-27, 11:28 AM
[Gothic House]

"Well I could do that I suppose. Or we could just have a seat and talk. Unless there is some pressing reason that I need to be unconcious that I am not aware of." He motions for Young Star to float down and take a seat on the sofa. He doesn't seem like he is too interested in fighting.

---------------------

[Angie's Apartments]

As they watch Cuff's might catch Angie drifting to sleep a couple of times. If he is sitting next to her on the couch she might very well start to lean into him one of these times, pulling away with a blush when she wakes up.

"I don't think I have actually lived here longer. I was 11 when I left the city I was born in. It wasn't anything like the Nexus. But yeah this place feels more like my home then there. I even left here for awhile but ended up coming back. There is no other place like here."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 11:40 AM
[Angie's Apartments]

As they watch Cuff's might catch Angie drifting to sleep a couple of times. If he is sitting next to her on the couch she might very well start to lean into him one of these times, pulling away with a blush when she wakes up.

"I don't think I have actually lived here longer. I was 11 when I left the city I was born in. It wasn't anything like the Nexus. But yeah this place feels more like my home then there. I even left here for awhile but ended up coming back. There is no other place like here."

"Aye, Ah can see that. It's quite unique, as far as cities go. Ah dinnae think Ah've ever heard of more different sorts all in one place, except for th' city o' Sanctuary. Ah was actually on me way there, using a scroll of teleport to enter Vicksburg, which is a few miles south. Ye see, Sanctuary is the place where the High Priest o' the Ten gods makes 'is home, and Ah was visiting to do a bit o' sight-seein'. It went awry, and Ah s'pose that's how Ah ended up here. So, if this place is so different from anywhere else, Ah'd bet the Seasonal traditions are different too. Any of note? Ah'm only curious, b'cause traditions are part of me purview as a Priest o' Arteok."

Cuffs notices her fall asleep for a slightly longer period during one of the commercial breaks, and gets up to grab his dark green cloak off his bed, which he lays over her, when he sees her shiver in the cool air, before sitting back down, next to her, and attempting to turn down the volume on the television.

McBish
2013-03-27, 12:12 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie will wordlessly accept the cloak continuing to use it as a blanket when she wakes. "Well there is Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah which is the winter holdiay where we give gifts and spread cheer. There is usally a week where you will find a bunch of people who have changed genders." Angie tries to think back to other Nexus wide celebration and shrugs. "I'm sure you could find hundreds of others being celebrated in the Nexus. It is pretty much the definition of mixing pot."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 12:27 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Angie will wordlessly accept the cloak continuing to use it as a blanket when she wakes. "Well there is Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah which is the winter holdiay where we give gifts and spread cheer. There is usally a week where you will find a bunch of people who have changed genders." Angie tries to think back to other Nexus wide celebration and shrugs. "I'm sure you could find hundreds of others being celebrated in the Nexus. It is pretty much the definition of mixing pot."

Cuffs scrunches his face up. "That seems like a bit of a long name for a solstice festival. Back home, we usually just call it the winter solstice. We celebrate by lightin' lotsa candles to light up the long dark nights, an' singin' crowd songs fer warmth. An' Gender changin'? Tha's damn confusing. What do ye do if yer betrothed?"

McBish
2013-03-27, 12:36 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"It doesn't happen to everyone, and I am pretty sure couples usually end up both switching so it sort of evens out." It seems like gender roles are fairly relaxed here in the Nexus. "Here most of the celebrations are personal, exchanging gifts and stuff. Although there is a Santa in the mall who gives out gifts."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 12:37 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"It doesn't happen to everyone, and I am pretty sure couples usually end up both switching so it sort of evens out." It seems like gender roles are fairly relaxed here in the Nexus. "Here most of the celebrations are personal, exchanging gifts and stuff. Although there is a Santa in the mall who gives out gifts."

"What's a Santa? Is it like a gnome?"

McBish
2013-03-27, 12:45 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"I'm not sure where the tradition started. I guess it is a person in a big red suit that goes around and gives out gifts to everyone who has been good through the year. People take turns playing him at the mall giving out gifts with magic."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 12:52 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"I'm not sure where the tradition started. I guess it is a person in a big red suit that goes around and gives out gifts to everyone who has been good through the year. People take turns playing him at the mall giving out gifts with magic."

Cuffs' brow scrunches as he tries to puzzle out this mystery. Finally he smiles, and chuckles. "Ah suppose ye'll just have to show me when it gets ta be that time o' year. Until then, Ah'll just have ta take ye at yer word. Is there a patron pantheon of Nexus? Or anyone races that are just natives o' it?"

McBish
2013-03-27, 01:13 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Nope, though there are plenty of God's who call this place home. There isn't one pantheon, and as far as I know there isn't a native race here." Angie decides against making a lesbian joke here. "Most people you talk to probably have a story similar to yours, unless they were born here, then most likely it is there parents or grandparents that found there way here."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 01:20 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"Nope, though there are plenty of God's who call this place home. There isn't one pantheon, and as far as I know there isn't a native race here." Angie decides against making a lesbian joke here. "Most people you talk to probably have a story similar to yours, unless they were born here, then most likely it is there parents or grandparents that found there way here."

"So, do th' gods that created this place just nae care then? Or did a wizard make it, like in the story o' Caroline the lich princess?"

McBish
2013-03-27, 01:23 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"I've never heard that story before." She says sitting up a bit more, pulling her legs up under her keepping them covered with the cloak. "I can't say I know for sure. I'm sure you could find someone with a theory about it. I can't say I spend to much time trying to figure out what goes through the mind of any god."

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 01:41 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"I've never heard that story before." She says sitting up a bit more, pulling her legs up under her keepping them covered with the cloak. "I can't say I know for sure. I'm sure you could find someone with a theory about it. I can't say I spend to much time trying to figure out what goes through the mind of any god."

"Aye. Aye, that makes sense. Ah s'pose Ah'd be doin' a bit more o' that than most, given me profession." Cuffs shivers slightly, crossing his arms over his chest, and putting his hands between his chest and arms.

McBish
2013-03-27, 02:00 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"You know we could turn the heat up in here." She says realizing she hasn't shown him how to operate the thermostate. She stands up folding the cloak off of herself. She goes over to the wall and adjusts the thermostat so the tempture will rise up a few degrees. "I should probably get going soon actually." She says looking down at her watch.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 02:07 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

"You know we could turn the heat up in here." She says realizing she hasn't shown him how to operate the thermostate. She stands up folding the cloak off of herself. She goes over to the wall and adjusts the thermostat so the tempture will rise up a few degrees. "I should probably get going soon actually." She says looking down at her watch.

"Aye, ye probably should at that. It is gettin' a little late in the day, and boy did it go quick." He looks at the contraption on the wall. "Now what's that? Ah been wonderin', but Ah figured ye'd tell me if it were important."

McBish
2013-03-27, 03:06 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Time flies when you are having fun." Angie says with a grin. "This lets you control the tempture in the aprtment. You can turn it up, or down." She demonstates both by turning the knob. "The numbers tell you what tempture it is in fahrenheit if that means anything to you."

happyturtle
2013-03-27, 03:08 PM
Motel's Street

Motel's Street

Krayger shrugs. "I certainly thought so. Although I've been told my normal smell isn't much better. Ha!" Actually, the minotaur doesn't really smell much at all, but probably only because he showers often and they're both outside. Regardless, he keeps going.

(Oh, and upon Joe's request and my own admission at being terrible at this sort of thing,
{Random Encounter Wanted})

Motel's street

Kurgen followed again, getting better at keeping up with the miniature fast pace
" Well as long as the smell doesn't linger we should be fine. Besides I hardly smell of roses either."
In fact the bald wizard smelt of a combination of dust and sunflowers, the smell clung to him like a tight cloak.

( Just to reiterate what was said above)

<Random encounter wanted >

Suddenly, they turn a corner and find a crowd full of protesters. Or actually, two sets of protesters, shouting at each other angrily.

One set is carrying signs saying things like 'GODS HATE CLONES!' and 'PRAY FOR MORE DEAD CLONES!' There are pictures of Magtok and Reinholdt made to look demonic and evil, with the occasional AMEN henchman thrown in for completeness.

The other set has signs saying 'GIVE CLONES A CHANCE!' and 'CLONES FOR EVERYONE!' and 'WE WANT CLONES!' This group has some pictures of Magtok and Reinholdt as well, but with signs imploring them to 'SHARE WITH THE MASSES!'

An orc on the orange side, whirls on the newcomers. "Clones are an abomination! You agree, yes?" It looks as if she might get violent if they say no.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-27, 03:27 PM
[Angie's Apartments]

Time flies when you are having fun." Angie says with a grin. "This lets you control the tempture in the aprtment. You can turn it up, or down." She demonstates both by turning the knob. "The numbers tell you what tempture it is in fahrenheit if that means anything to you."

"Ah dinnae know if Ah'll ever find a way ta repay ye. So for now, thank ye, milady. Ah dinnae think Ah've ever met someone as giving as you." He takes her left hand gently in his own, bending to kiss the air above it. He stands back up, looking into her eyes for a long moment. "Ye'd best be on your way now," he says evenly, still holding her gaze, and he seems to yet have forgotten to let go of her hand as well.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-27, 04:13 PM
Motel's Street

Suddenly, they turn a corner and find a crowd full of protesters. Or actually, two sets of protesters, shouting at each other angrily.

One set is carrying signs saying things like 'GODS HATE CLONES!' and 'PRAY FOR MORE DEAD CLONES!' There are pictures of Magtok and Reinholdt made to look demonic and evil, with the occasional AMEN henchman thrown in for completeness.

The other set has signs saying 'GIVE CLONES A CHANCE!' and 'CLONES FOR EVERYONE!' and 'WE WANT CLONES!' This group has some pictures of Magtok and Reinholdt as well, but with signs imploring them to 'SHARE WITH THE MASSES!'

An orc on the orange side, whirls on the newcomers. "Clones are an abomination! You agree, yes?" It looks as if she might get violent if they say no.

Protester-Covered Street
Krayger doesn't visibly react much, although anyone perceptive might notice his tail swishing in annoyance.
"Actually, where I come from we don't have those, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, truth be told"

Joe07
2013-03-27, 04:41 PM
" Neither do I, what exactly is this "Clone." You speak off?" Asked Kurgen scratching his head " And why exactly are they bad?"

ThePhantom
2013-03-27, 07:59 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"Wait. He's a reoccurring enemy, and we took a quest for him?" Catoline asks.

Caroline nods her head. Yup. then she looks at Vincent, considering. Uh, why did we take the job, if he's our enemy? she asks Vincent.

"Because a quest has better rewards than another round of conflict."

Mr E flicks the camera to the place where he got the suitcase.

"Speaking of which, I do have another quest for you, if you want it."

Reinholdt
2013-03-27, 08:12 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"You keep saying it's not your fault. Methinks thou doth protest too much. Also we already know how to beat you." Vincent takes the money and the magic item! Yay quest rewards!

He checks out his inventory to see what the item is and does.

Whether or not it has better rewards depends on this item we still don't know anything about, now doesn't it?

{Outside Trog's}

"I gave you the option of fighting, you decided you wanted the quest." Vincent reminds her. At least that's how he remembers it.

"I think we'll pass. We need to check in with the boss and see if anything's come up that might move this story along." Whatever story that is.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-28, 12:09 AM
Black Clad Gentlemen

Beeeeeeeecause TE is freaked out by shrimp and tries not to look at them too closely and didn't know they had whiskers. :smalltongue:

"Hmmm..." That's the sort 'hmmm' that somewhere out there, some unlucky bastard's life is about to become drastically worsened by the appearance of a prawn with a plan. "Hmm. What is it you say to an ape who is helpful?"

Clock Tower

"I don't see a problem with talking here, now." The card is taken and tucked away though, just in case. "And I'm not keen on negotiating in your territory." Something about Reynard and this whole 'selling people their brains back' scheme really isn't endearing Lawrence to that idea. "So, if you really can't stay, I'm going to have to insist we meet at the black dragon instead."

Devixer
2013-03-28, 01:04 AM
Grey Zone

After a good time flying, Hildur and Thyrza land on a street in the Grey Zone. Hildur doesn't let go of Thyrza just yet.

Beans
2013-03-28, 01:20 AM
[Grey Zone]
The alchemist grins, hugging her girlfriend.
Dude, that was so awesome!

Devixer
2013-03-28, 09:48 AM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Sam smith will then go about pondering if he can start picking up, or if that would be tampering with a crime scene. If Imesah wants to ask questions, now would be a good time.

Imesah decides not to ask too many further questions. She stays at the shop in case any more show until Remnant arrives.

Grey Zone

Hildur hugs Thyrza back, and reaches for her hand. "Thanks, glad you liked it."

Beans
2013-03-28, 09:55 AM
[Grey Zone]
Thryza takes her girlfriend's hand with a smile.
You're the best, Hili.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 09:58 AM
Grey Zone

"You too, Thyrza," Hildur says as she squeezes Thyrza's hand. "Let's get going." She starts walking down the street.

OrchestraHc
2013-03-28, 10:03 AM
Black Clad Gentlemen

Beeeeeeeecause TE is freaked out by shrimp and tries not to look at them too closely and didn't know they had whiskers. :smalltongue:

"Hmmm..." That's the sort 'hmmm' that somewhere out there, some unlucky bastard's life is about to become drastically worsened by the appearance of a prawn with a plan. "Hmm. What is it you say to an ape who is helpful?"

"I believe 'Thank you' is traditional," Pepperjack says unsure of what Melbourne is planning. Wherever the beligerent little fish is going with this, it's probably nowhere good. "What do you say to a prawn who is the opposite?"

[Gothic House]

"Well I could do that I suppose. Or we could just have a seat and talk. Unless there is some pressing reason that I need to be unconcious that I am not aware of." He motions for Young Star to float down and take a seat on the sofa. He doesn't seem like he is too interested in fighting.

Young Star floats down to stand on the floor like a normal person, but politely refuses the seat. "Well I've got a thing to do and I can't have someone sneaking behind me," he says amiably, "So if we can make this happen, you'd be a real pal."

Beans
2013-03-28, 10:08 AM
Grey Zone

"You too, Thyrza," Hildur says as she squeezes Thyrza's hand. "Let's get going." She starts walking down the street.
The alchemist heads with the snowboarder down the street, perky and excited.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 10:12 AM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Remnant arrives a few minutes later, and examines the scene. The thugs are all still alive, some in better shape than others, and an officer questions Sam Smith about what happened.

Another officer, a humanoid with a diamond-shaped nose and large, furry ears approaches Imesah. He's wearing the low-profile remnant armor, as opposed to a power suit. He's also wearing a peaked cap, which appears to have a holographic display that he shuts off before talking to Imesah.

"Hello, Ma'am, I'm Terral Ven, and I understand that you helped stop this robbery?"

Devixer
2013-03-28, 10:13 AM
Grey Zone

It isn't long before the two of them find a furniture shop that looks decent enough. "How bout there?" Hildur asks, indicating the place.

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah doesn't react much to Terral or his looks. "I did, yes. Was there anything you wished to know?"

Beans
2013-03-28, 10:16 AM
[Grey Zone > Furniture Shop]
Thryza nods, heading on in to check it out!

Devixer
2013-03-28, 10:18 AM
Chairs n Stuff

The store itself is pretty low-key - no super fancy beds or tables to be found here, just furniture you'd expect to find in an average home.

Beans
2013-03-28, 10:23 AM
[Chairs 'n Stuff]
Thryza appreciates the everyman feel of the place, heading for the futon couches once she spots them. Seems nice...

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 10:23 AM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"Just your statement on what happened. We suspect that this is an isolated event, but if it's the start of something then we want all the information we can get."

If Imesah doesn't have anything in particular to say, he will simply take down her statement... but he's listening carefully. Terral's ears are much more powerful than a human's, he can most likely hear her heart and lungs just fine. This means that he can listen for evidence that she's lying or hiding something.

He honestly doesn't suspect her of anything, he's just in the habit of listening for lies.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 10:28 AM
Chairs 'n Stuff

There are a few futon couches around, all of them pretty basic in design. Hildur looks at each of them, basically deciding which color she likes.

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah just gives her statement. She has no reason to lie here, so Terral shouldn't discover anything abnormal as she speaks.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 10:31 AM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"...Allright, unless there is anything more you want to add, I think that should be everything," Terral states after she finishes. If there isn't anything more, Imesah will be allowed to leave and Terral will return to the other Remnant members.

Beans
2013-03-28, 10:36 AM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Thryza lets her pick, it being Hildur's cave in the first place.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 10:43 AM
Smith and Sons Gun Shop

"There's nothing else," Imesah says. "I'll just be going now."

Chairs n Stuff

Hildur eventually finds a maroon colored futon, and sits on it to test its comfort. "What about this one? You like it?"

Beans
2013-03-28, 11:04 AM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Thryza sits next to her, nodding. Yeah, it's pretty good! Let's get this one.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 11:07 AM
Chairs n Stuff

"Sounds good to me," Hildur says. She's not a choosy buyer, and pretty much goes with what looks good. She stands back up and looks for a clerk.

Beans
2013-03-28, 11:18 AM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Thryza follows her, starting to draw out a symbol she'll need to fit the furniture into her hyperspace pocket.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 11:20 AM
Chairs n Stuff

Eventually they find a clerk who processes the sale. Hildur pulls a bunch of paper money from the wallet she grabbed earlier, and now the two of them have a brand new futon!

The clerk offers to ship it to their residence.

Beans
2013-03-28, 11:55 AM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Thryza shakes her head.
I can get it. Hyperspace pocket and stuff, y'know.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 11:59 AM
Chairs n Stuff

In that case, the two are left to their devices.

"Hyperspace pocket? What's that?" Hildur asks. She thinks she's seen it before, but isn't sure.

Beans
2013-03-28, 01:39 PM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Remember how I pulled my bedroll out of my jacket? That's it. I can fit things in there that, in terms of physics, shouldn't fit. Depending on their size, I may have to put additional alchemata on them so they fit, like I'm doing here.
She puts the bit of paper with the symbol on the futon, then---impossibly--picks the whole thing up and slips it into her coat.

Devixer
2013-03-28, 01:43 PM
Chairs n Stuff

Hildur watches the display, letting out a low whistle when Thyrza puts an entire futon in her coach. "And you say I'm cool," she says.

Beans
2013-03-28, 01:47 PM
[Chairs n Stuff]
Well, takes one to know one.
Thryza winks, squeezing the dragon's hand. Where to now?

Devixer
2013-03-28, 01:52 PM
Chairs n Stuff

"Did you still want to head to the Dancing Fox for lunch?" Hildur says, putting her gloved hand in her pocket.

Beans
2013-03-28, 01:52 PM
[Chairs n Stuff]
She nods, grinning. Sure, if you wanna!

Hattish Thing
2013-03-28, 01:57 PM
Reynard is perfectly calm. He even smiles as he realizes how badly Lawrence is misunderstanding him. I brought up Trog's and the subsequent events to explain why I believe I have the right to sell this chip. And I brought up the matter of competency to point out that I know nothing about you, not that I truly believe you're incompetent. So why should a favor from you be worth any more than a favor from those two clowns? I have no doubt that there is an excellent answer to that question. He casually reaches into a pocket inside his coat and pulls out a business card, which he offers to Lawrence. I told you, I'm interested in reaching the best possible outcome for both of us. I merely expect to be treated on equal footing. Since I have no intention of interfering with your activities here, I'll just be on my way. When you're ready to make me an offer, please, give me a call or drop by my bar.

Enshadu does nothing, but if Lawrencium can hear telepathic voices, he might hear this. Permission to destroy you, to prove that I have no master to Reynard? To deceive him?

Devixer
2013-03-28, 02:05 PM
Chairs n Stuff

"Lead the way, then," Hildur says as she heads for the door.

Beans
2013-03-28, 02:11 PM
[Chairs n Stuff > Grey Zone]
She leads her out to the streets and thence toward the DFI!

McBish
2013-03-28, 02:23 PM
Angie's Apartments

"Ah dinnae know if Ah'll ever find a way ta repay ye. So for now, thank ye, milady. Ah dinnae think Ah've ever met someone as giving as you." He takes her left hand gently in his own, bending to kiss the air above it. He stands back up, looking into her eyes for a long moment. "Ye'd best be on your way now," he says evenly, still holding her gaze, and he seems to yet have forgotten to let go of her hand as well.

Between the compliment and his gaze Angie's face has turned a nice shade of red. "Thank you. If you talk to the man in the office downstairs he can set you up with some work." She gently reclaims her hand an embarrassed smile on her face. "Enjoy the city Cuff's. Remember, I left you my phone number." And made sure to explain how phones work. She makes her way to the door. Opening it but not quite leaving.

-----------------------

[Gothic House]

Young Star floats down to stand on the floor like a normal person, but politely refuses the seat. "Well I've got a thing to do and I can't have someone sneaking behind me," he says amiably, "So if we can make this happen, you'd be a real pal."

It doesn't seem like the man is going to move to sit down either then. "Well considering you and your friend are doing the all the sneaking around here it seems to me that you should be the ones knocked out." The man smiles politely.

happyturtle
2013-03-28, 03:06 PM
Clone Protesting

Protester-Covered Street
Krayger doesn't visibly react much, although anyone perceptive might notice his tail swishing in annoyance.
"Actually, where I come from we don't have those, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, truth be told"

" Neither do I, what exactly is this "Clone." You speak off?" Asked Kurgen scratching his head " And why exactly are they bad?"

"They have APPROPRIATED the MANDATE of the GODS!" The orc intones in the cadence of a preacher. "The have made SOULLESS BODIES in their own LIKENESS in order to IMITATE the IMMORTALITY that is DENIED TO THEM by their own MISDEEDS!"

A male centaur from the blue side of the protest butts in. "Don't listen to her! It's simply technology! Luddites like this guy have been around since the beginning of time. They probably protested against the wheel and the plow. Cloning technology is the future, and people like Magtok and Reinholdt should be willing to share that technology with everyone!"

Deathkeeper
2013-03-28, 03:22 PM
Clone Protesting

Now Krayger visibly frowns. This sort of thing stirs up some bad memories.
"Yeah, that still doesn't explain anything. And we've got non-clone related job interviews, so if you don't mind..."
He attempts to grab Kurgen's hand and get past the crowds, using his considerable bulk if he has to to shoulder past.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-28, 04:50 PM
Angie's Apartments

Between the compliment and his gaze Angie's face has turned a nice shade of red. "Thank you. If you talk to the man in the office downstairs he can set you up with some work." She gently reclaims her hand an embarrassed smile on her face. "Enjoy the city Cuff's. Remember, I left you my phone number." And made sure to explain how phones work. She makes her way to the door. Opening it but not quite leaving.

After a moment more, Cuffs looks down and to the side, coughing and blushing. "Right, Ah s'pose Ah'd better find me way down to th' garden an' get oriented, eh? Ah'll... Eh, call ye if Ah need anything, or just... Maybe jus' call ye sometime?" He looks back, raising an asking eyebrow and smiling.

McBish
2013-03-28, 05:36 PM
Angie's Apartments

"Yes." Angie says putting on what she hopes is a playful smile. "I'll see you around." She gives one final wave goodbye as she leaves. She goes to leave the building, maybe do some work instead of just laying around all day. Not that she didn't enjoy it.

Mindfreak
2013-03-28, 06:47 PM
(Since it didn't get brought up, do we assume I shrunk to a more manageable size or are we just at a big table?)

I'll have the chicken cordon bleu and a bottle of wine.

I guess we go looking for an available apartment in the city. There's bound to be one. Kinda weird how this place works like that.

Krystal will lead the way back to the Streets.

Gilded Sword
(Pretty much, I figured that Felandria would just adjust herself to fit her surroundings if needed)
Steve orders l'orange, getting a bottle of Cote du Rhone wine for them.
The waiter nods and goes off.
"So tell me something about yourself, Felandria." he asked with a smile.

---

CPB -> Street
"Actually, it makes sense for it to work like that. This place is basically a melting pot of everything that was and will be..."
"But anywho, why wouldn't I just stay at that place you live at? It seems like a rather nice place with rather nice people" she asked as she followed along.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-03-28, 06:48 PM
[Another Phone call]

"Yep, that's the reason for this call. As I mentioned on the Wall, I seek for some informations and have a few questions, mind if we met at some public place?"

How does Trog's sound?

Lex-Kat
2013-03-28, 08:21 PM
{Outside Trog's}

"Because a quest has better rewards than another round of conflict."

Mr E flicks the camera to the place where he got the suitcase.

"Speaking of which, I do have another quest for you, if you want it."

Whether or not it has better rewards depends on this item we still don't know anything about, now doesn't it?

"I gave you the option of fighting, you decided you wanted the quest." Vincent reminds her. At least that's how he remembers it.

"I think we'll pass. We need to check in with the boss and see if anything's come up that might move this story along." Whatever story that is.

"Mmmmm, nope. That's not how I remember it." Caroline decides. "But then, she don't remember it all, actually. I think we should at least listen to the quest, before passing. Maybe Mister Dipsnig won't have anything for us when we get back." "That sounds reasonable." Catoline adds, nodding Caroline's head.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-03-28, 09:23 PM
CPB -> Street
"Actually, it makes sense for it to work like that. This place is basically a melting pot of everything that was and will be..."
"But anywho, why wouldn't I just stay at that place you live at? It seems like a rather nice place with rather nice people" she asked as she followed along.

Streets

Krystal nods in agreement. It is a nice place. But, to live there, you have to either be somebody seeking redemption, or a member of the organization that's headquartered there.

So, with me being a member and working in the infirmary, I can live there.

Not that you couldn't be a member. It's just you can't live there without being a member. Or seeking redemption.

BronyHeresy
2013-03-28, 09:59 PM
Cuffs goes down to the garden, navigating through the apatment complex. There, he assists largely in digging holes. He's put to work by a nice elderly lady named Gertrude who lives in the apartments, who agrees to put him on hire for a 5 cp a day, and pays him a little extra as a hiring bonus.

With money in his pockets, Cuffs heads downtown to Mallside, intent on getting more in line with the times.

Felandria
2013-03-28, 11:48 PM
Gilded Sword
(Pretty much, I figured that Felandria would just adjust herself to fit her surroundings if needed)
Steve orders l'orange, getting a bottle of Cote du Rhone wine for them.
The waiter nods and goes off.
"So tell me something about yourself, Felandria." he asked with a smile.

Well, it's funny, just a couple years ago I was living in this small town, practicing my magic, I was fairly normal, I was tall even then, but not anything unusual for a half elf.

My mother was cold and distant, she never fully embraced me, because I wasn't full elf.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always hated how poorly the elves treat us half breeds, no wonder the drow hate them.

I had this one dream, ever since I can remember, I dreamed one day I would become queen of the elves, and I would spread a message of peace and equality among all elvenkind.

I dreamed I was a great queen, far tall than all the others, a benevolent leader, always nothing less than kind to her subjects and a new era of tranquility would spread throughout the land.

The weird thing is, even when I was a small child, in my dream I looked exactly as I do now.

I think the dreams were telling me something, I don't think they were dreams at all, I think they were visions.

Am I rambling too much?

Zefir
2013-03-29, 04:22 AM
How does Trog's sound?

[Another Phone call]

"I can get there, let's just hope to avoide any fightings."

FireFox
2013-03-29, 01:15 PM
Clock Tower

"I don't see a problem with talking here, now." The card is taken and tucked away though, just in case. "And I'm not keen on negotiating in your territory." Something about Reynard and this whole 'selling people their brains back' scheme really isn't endearing Lawrence to that idea. "So, if you really can't stay, I'm going to have to insist we meet at the black dragon instead."

The card has an address and a phone number. That's an excellent place. Why don't you give me a call when you're finished here and we'll meet on your time? It seems like Reynard isn't very keen to stick around. If Enshadu's previous schemes are any indication, this current one probably won't end well. And he'd prefer to avoid Remnant's attention. So he tries to walk past Lawrence and out of the building.

Gullara
2013-03-29, 01:49 PM
[Outside the Pokemon Center]

After Becca finished up talking with Glamdring once she'd freed him, she looks more than a little glum. It was the best thing to do, but it was still hard. With a sigh she gets to her feet and looks toward the pokemon center. Okay, maybe she'll go back and see Beatrix again.

McBish
2013-03-29, 02:51 PM
[The Pit]

The Pit is a large club found in the gray zone. It was a factory or warehouse at some point in it's life and doesn't hide it's age. Or rather it does a good job at looking old. The walls are cracked and graffitied cinderblocks, but if the graffiti seems to evenly spread on the wall. Under the cracks you can see a matte black metal underneath it. One corner of the building looks like someone blew up all the bricks near the roof and here the black metal has glowing paint proclaiming it's name for all to see.

When the double doors in front open up noise pours out of the club. Pretty much any kind of music that is loud and people can dance to is fair game in The Pit. Inside you will find the mix of bright light and dark shadows that dance clubs are known for. Colored lights swirl and flash on the dance floors, small electric light give off just enough light to see in the rest of the club. A large stage dominates the back wall, and there are two long bars on either side of the room. In the middle is a large dance floor about 50 square yards.

Off the main floor guests can make there way up to one of two balconies above the bars that are set up with tables and tall chairs. From either of these two balconies you can walk out across a series of suspended foot bridges to the hanging dance floor above the main one. This floor is suspended by dozens of cables and more then a bit of magic. This magic also helps protect against people falling off, catching and "gently" tossing them back if they do. Because guard rails are for losers. A popluar place for mash pits, though not for the faint of heart.

The Pit has been around for awhile now and has been fairly popluar. So when Astrid and Ignai make there way to the club to see a show it is already fairly full with no band on stage playing, recorded music being pumped out of the speakers.

Ignai might be questioning Astrid's choice of dress. A baby blue dress with embroidered flowers near the heam of the dress down by her ankles. The dress is fairly nice but old fashioned for many, 40's american style I would guess, with a slight hourglass silhouette. Astrid would have assured Ignai that she wouldn't need to dress up at all, and that she should just dress in whatever way makes her comfortable.

The bouncers at the door seem to recgonize Astrid apparently and let her and Ignai in with a friendly greeting.

Joe07
2013-03-29, 06:56 PM
Clone related Protest

Clone Protesting

"They have APPROPRIATED the MANDATE of the GODS!" The orc intones in the cadence of a preacher. "The have made SOULLESS BODIES in their own LIKENESS in order to IMITATE the IMMORTALITY that is DENIED TO THEM by their own MISDEEDS!"

A male centaur from the blue side of the protest butts in. "Don't listen to her! It's simply technology! Luddites like this guy have been around since the beginning of time. They probably protested against the wheel and the plow. Cloning technology is the future, and people like Magtok and Reinholdt should be willing to share that technology with everyone!"
Kurgen is about to retort before he is dragged away by Krayger. He still manages to shout back to the Orc " I would raise the point that there seem to be a lot of Gods running around so I'm not sure we can categorically say that they would be apposed to clones...."

Mindfreak
2013-03-29, 07:29 PM
Streets

Krystal nods in agreement. It is a nice place. But, to live there, you have to either be somebody seeking redemption, or a member of the organization that's headquartered there.

So, with me being a member and working in the infirmary, I can live there.

Not that you couldn't be a member. It's just you can't live there without being a member. Or seeking redemption.
Streets
"Well, what does the organization do? Perhaps I will join up then."
She could be useful!

Well, it's funny, just a couple years ago I was living in this small town, practicing my magic, I was fairly normal, I was tall even then, but not anything unusual for a half elf.

My mother was cold and distant, she never fully embraced me, because I wasn't full elf.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always hated how poorly the elves treat us half breeds, no wonder the drow hate them.

I had this one dream, ever since I can remember, I dreamed one day I would become queen of the elves, and I would spread a message of peace and equality among all elvenkind.

I dreamed I was a great queen, far tall than all the others, a benevolent leader, always nothing less than kind to her subjects and a new era of tranquility would spread throughout the land.

The weird thing is, even when I was a small child, in my dream I looked exactly as I do now.

I think the dreams were telling me something, I don't think they were dreams at all, I think they were visions.

Am I rambling too much?
Gilded Sword
Steve shook his head.
"Nah. Ever since I decided to stop spying on mortal's lives, it's been rather boring. So I enjoy the rambling.":smallsmile:
He smiled at her as the waiter brought the wine and poured them each a glass and deposited a basket of breadsticks on the table.
"I'm quite interested actually. Visions are typically granted for a certain reason. Your dreams are quite noble though. It would be fantastic if they came true.":smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2013-03-29, 08:56 PM

Before Becca have a chance to get into the pokemon center again a man dressed in a brown (iron) colored business suit with a white shirt and a black tie underneath. "Young girl! You look like you're in of some official Ironside merchandise. We got everything for young pokemon trainers such as yourself." He shows her a black briefcase with the logo of a ironfist on it. "You know what they say, because you can trust it!"

Gullara
2013-03-29, 10:00 PM

"Uh..." Becca blinks at the man. Well that's random. "I don't buy stuff from random strangers." Last time she did that she did that she ended up with a Magikarp of all things.

[The Pit]

Ignai is wearing one of her usual, faily worn clothing, though they are freshly cleaned. She looks around at the inside of the club with wide eyes. "Whoa, this place is something else." She says, obviously impressed. It's pretty clear this isn't the sort of place she would have usually frequented, even before her present situation.

Hyozo
2013-03-29, 10:41 PM
[outside the pokemon center]

A figure lurks in nearby shadows. Apart from it's bright green eyes, one could easily mistake the figure for a shadow itself. When it sees Becca focusing on the man the figure will dash out of the shadows and attempt to snatch a pokeball from her before fleeing.

Outside of the shadows the figure is easier to make out, an anrogunus humanoid with exceptionally long fingers, but it is still dark and whispy apart from it's eyes.

Felandria
2013-03-29, 10:45 PM
Gilded Sword
Steve shook his head.
"Nah. Ever since I decided to stop spying on mortal's lives, it's been rather boring. So I enjoy the rambling.":smallsmile:
He smiled at her as the waiter brought the wine and poured them each a glass and deposited a basket of breadsticks on the table.
"I'm quite interested actually. Visions are typically granted for a certain reason. Your dreams are quite noble though. It would be fantastic if they came true.":smallsmile:

Well, my friends and I heard tell of a necromancer raising the dead, we set out to investigate and we entered this dungeon, eventually we came across a room containing a sword and shield.

Embossed on them was the image of a storm cloud, the moment I touched them, something deep within told me they belonged to me.

Eventually, we made our way to the king, he gave his full support in seeking out the dark forces threatening the realm, we headed into the underdark, where we encountered a vampire named Chance.

He was very interested in me, and attempted to seduce me, and I'll be honest, I was tempted, but I wasn't going to abandon my friends and our mission to seek simple carnal pleasures.

As he took me back to the rest of the party, we were struck by an unseen force, and I awoke in a tower, there was an old, wizened vampire living there, he knock me unconscious and when I woke up, he had stolen my body.

My friends managed to defeat him and recover my body, but not before he tricked them into attacking Chance, and....

Felandria starts to tear up.

He killed my friend Sarah.

And he used my body to do it.

He reduced her to a pile of ash.

They broke the spell, I returned to my body, we climbed the tower, staked him, set the coffin on fire, pushed it off the top of the tower and poured holy water on the ashes.

It was too good for him.

Chance recovered, he came to me and told me he loved me, he wanted us to be together forever.

But I just couldn't, he asked me to think on it and return when our mission was complete.

I told him I would return and give him an answer, he gave me a locket, said it would protect me.

It didn't, but I'll get to that, first, before I continue, I want to hear about you, tell me what it's like, if I'm going to spill my most intimate secrets, I want to hear yours too.

McBish
2013-03-29, 11:46 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai is wearing one of her usual, faily worn clothing, though they are freshly cleaned. She looks around at the inside of the club with wide eyes. "Whoa, this place is something else." She says, obviously impressed. It's pretty clear this isn't the sort of place she would have usually frequented, even before her present situation.

Astrid grins at Ignai leading her over to one of the bars. Astrid stands out in the crowd that seems to be mostly wearing black or at least dark clothing, so her bright pastels stand out. She doesn't seem to mind or notice in the least. She draws a few looks but it is fairly obvious that she is a regular here.

She nods her head, "Yeah this place is great, they have the best music here." She sounds very excited and keeps an eye on the stage waiting to see the band.

Gullara
2013-03-30, 12:31 AM
[The Pit]

"Is it always this packed? I'm kinda surprised I've never heard of this place." Although with a city as big as Inside, it's not that surprising. She doesn't pay the bar much mind. Drinking has never been a good mix with her power.

The elf suddenly gets an idea. She's not sure it's a good idea, but before she can convince herself not to go through with it, she says. "Do you wanna dance? Like, with me?" She asks quickly.

happyturtle
2013-03-30, 05:56 AM
Clone Protesting.

Clone Protesting

Now Krayger visibly frowns. This sort of thing stirs up some bad memories.
"Yeah, that still doesn't explain anything. And we've got non-clone related job interviews, so if you don't mind..."
He attempts to grab Kurgen's hand and get past the crowds, using his considerable bulk if he has to to shoulder past.

Clone related Protest

Kurgen is about to retort before he is dragged away by Krayger. He still manages to shout back to the Orc " I would raise the point that there seem to be a lot of Gods running around so I'm not sure we can categorically say that they would be apposed to clones...."

They manage to get themselves free of the protest, but not without having a lot more slogans shouted at them by both sides.

They are free to go.

Joe07
2013-03-30, 06:47 AM
Clone Protesting.

They manage to get themselves free of the protest, but not without having a lot more slogans shouted at them by both sides.

They are free to go.

Kurgen sighed " Well that was certainly...interesting. If it's always like that around here then we can certainly have our work cut out for us."

Deathkeeper
2013-03-30, 07:25 AM
Kurgen sighed " Well that was certainly...interesting. If it's always like that around here then we can certainly have our work cut out for us."

Past the Protestors

Krayger sighs, too. More from exhaustion.
"It happens sometimes. You got out lucky; you probably shouldn't have encouraged them by getting theological. You never know how crazies can react to your *ahem* differing views."

Gullara
2013-03-30, 09:41 AM
[outside the pokemon center]

A figure lurks in nearby shadows. Apart from it's bright green eyes, one could easily mistake the figure for a shadow itself. When it sees Becca focusing on the man the figure will dash out of the shadows and attempt to snatch a pokeball from her before fleeing.

Outside of the shadows the figure is easier to make out, an anrogunus humanoid with exceptionally long fingers, but it is still dark and whispy apart from it's eyes.

"And I- HEY!" Becca whirls around when she feels the pokeball being grabbed. "Give that back!" She grabs another pokeball and throws it after the thief. "Phanish! Use Rollout!" The ball opens halfway between her and the thief and the Phanpy contained within emerges, already starting his roll. A moment later the elephant pokemon will be trying to knock the thief's legs out from under him.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-30, 11:05 AM

The man looks like he was about to speak up again but as the mysterious assailant attacks he stays quiet. Instead he opens his briefcase and starts taking out stuff. He doesn't aid Becca in her efforts to catch the shadowy figure however.

McBish
2013-03-30, 07:44 PM
[The Pit]

"Is it always this packed? I'm kinda surprised I've never heard of this place." Although with a city as big as Inside, it's not that surprising. She doesn't pay the bar much mind. Drinking has never been a good mix with her power.

The elf suddenly gets an idea. She's not sure it's a good idea, but before she can convince herself not to go through with it, she says. "Do you wanna dance? Like, with me?" She asks quickly.

"Yeah most nights. This place is great." At the suggestion of dancign Astrid nods excitedly, dancing was all the fun of coming to a place like this. She reaches out to take Ignai's hand and pull her out onto the dance floor not giving Ignai the chance to second guess herself. She starts bouncing up and down with the music as they get out there, starting to dance with reckless abandon.

OrchestraHc
2013-03-30, 08:32 PM
[Gothic House]

It doesn't seem like the man is going to move to sit down either then. "Well considering you and your friend are doing the all the sneaking around here it seems to me that you should be the ones knocked out." The man smiles politely.

Gothic House

So he knows Calvin is there. "But you're not particularly busy, so it's rather difficult impede your mission when you're not on one. Oh! Actually, before you knock yourself out, the answers to any screwy puzzles you know might be up ahead useful."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-03-30, 08:50 PM
Streets
"Well, what does the organization do? Perhaps I will join up then."
She could be useful!

Their main job is to help people that want to be redeemed. Sort of like a personal rehab, I guess. They also provide shelter for people during disasters, and help people in need, if they ask. Oh, and they'll help heal pretty much anybody that comes in.

Lord Magtok
2013-03-30, 09:51 PM
Falling Out of the Sky

An orbital telescope is dropping. It's dropping really fast, I might add. People with access to that orbital telescope's camera feeds might feel quite distressed at the moment, because it doesn't show any signs of slowing down, and this definitely wasn't anything they were warned about ahead of time.

Darkcomet
2013-03-30, 09:52 PM
[Inside-General]

For some inexplicable reason, the shield generator that was only activated last by the Empire is activated now. A shimmering dome of energy now surrounds the city, and it's not entirely clear why it was activated.

Well, unless you're a player who read the above post, anyway. But everybody else, not so much.

Lord Magtok
2013-03-30, 10:20 PM
Falling Out of the Sky

Oh dear. That would be a problem for the plummeting MagSat, wouldn't it? I mean, provided that whoever dropped it out of the sky wasn't prepared for exactly this sort of thing, of course.

Miles Away, Elsewhere

"JB-X17 be a dear and set up a pair of telewarp portals for me, would you? One just beneath the sat, the other beneath the sat and on the other side of the forcefield."

"Right away, sire."

Still Falling Out of the Sky

Sadly, that's not the case. Two holes open up in the sky. One to catch the satellite, the other to spit it back out.

Hyozo
2013-03-30, 10:26 PM

The shadowy figure hears Becca but is, of course, not inclined to give the pokeball back just because she asked. Knowing that a miniature elephant is rolling after it, however, lets the figure know to get out of the way as soon as possible. It ducks between two buildings just in time and attempts to hie in the shadows again before anybody notices.

Gullara
2013-03-31, 12:36 AM
[The Pit]

"Yeah most nights. This place is great." At the suggestion of dancign Astrid nods excitedly, dancing was all the fun of coming to a place like this. She reaches out to take Ignai's hand and pull her out onto the dance floor not giving Ignai the chance to second guess herself. She starts bouncing up and down with the music as they get out there, starting to dance with reckless abandon.

[The Pit]

Ignai lets herself be pulled along willingly. She's determined to have fun tonight, even if she has to be careful doing it. She gladly dances with Astrid. She's not used to dancing like this, but she's graceful enough and picks it up quickly.

She sticks close to Astrid, apparently very interested in dancing with her in particular, more so than just dancing for its own sake.

It won't be getting away that easily. Phanish is still hot on his heels despite its attempts to give him the slip, and now Becca is in hot pursuit. High speed rolling pokemon incoming!

Joe07
2013-03-31, 06:22 AM
Past the Protestors

Krayger sighs, too. More from exhaustion.
"It happens sometimes. You got out lucky; you probably shouldn't have encouraged them by getting theological. You never know how crazies can react to your *ahem* differing views."

He shrugged " I suppose you have a point there, still they don't have anyright to be so up in our faces with it." He sighed " Now that we're done here we can move on to find some work. Or so we hope."

Deathkeeper
2013-03-31, 10:15 AM
He shrugged " I suppose you have a point there, still they don't have anyright to be so up in our faces with it." He sighed " Now that we're done here we can move on to find some work. Or so we hope."

Past the Protesters

Krayger exhales. He's still not really used to this sort of thing, even if he's been here a while.
"Sounds good. Can you give me a minute, though? I need to breathe after that."
He sits down on the nearest bench and pulls out that cube, looking at it for a good moment.
"Oo-oh. Now I see it."
He proceeds to make twelve moves in a rapid succession. The cube sits on his palm, colors and sigils aligned.

Joe07
2013-03-31, 11:28 AM
Past the Protesters

Krayger exhales. He's still not really used to this sort of thing, even if he's been here a while.
He sits down on the nearest bench and pulls out that cube, looking at it for a good moment.
"Oo-oh. Now I see it."
He proceeds to make twelve moves in a rapid succession. The cube sits on his palm, colors and sigils aligned.

Kurgen leans over his shoulder peering down curiously at the cube " Oh well done my friend...of course we still need to see what exactly it does..."

McBish
2013-03-31, 01:36 PM
[The Pit]

The dance floor starts with plenty of room since the band hasn't hit the stage yet. Astrid is more then happy to stick close to Ignai on the dance floor, and as more and more people start showing up they don't really have a choice but get squezzed together. By the time the band starts making it's way onto stage it would be impossible to navigate across the club without squeezing through the mass of people.

On the stage a centuar makes his way onto stage and starts double checking his drum kit which is already set up on stage. As he is testing out his kit the guitarist joins him up on stage. It's unlikely anyone recgonizes John as the gunsmith from Erin's Enporium. He is filling in and trying his best not to look too nervous, this was his first gig in a long time. He checks his sound levels with the drummer. Soon they are all set and the crowd is buzzing with excitment, the music playing quiets and then the lead singer walks out onto stage.

She is an androgynous elf with a shaved head and colorful makeup on her face. She is wearing a black leather jacket and a green and red kilt. She walks up to the microphone looking out over the crowd with a blank look. She glances down at the series of peddles at her feet and then nods to the drummer and they get started with the show.

The elf sings in an odd dilect of elven that doesn't seem to translate very well but is oddly beautiful. Her voice seems to have an incredible range, and I would describe it as a mix between Yelle, Joan Jett, the singer from The Muffs. ((I will put in links here with examples of these people, just can't do it from work.)) The drummer keeps the tempo up the whole show and his intensity really feeds into the crowd. John manages to relax a bit as the show goes on and he doesn't screw up anything noticeable.

----------------------------

Gothic House

It sure seems like he knows about Calvin indeed. The teen stays put for now still, wondering what this all about. He stays patient but anyone watching him might be able to pick up signs of impatience. "There won't be any more puzzles ahead for you I'm afraid. And while it may seem that I am not busy that is just because I was waiting for you."

Gullara
2013-03-31, 03:00 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai doesn't understand the song at all, but she sure enjoys it. She dances and moves with the music, but she doesn't let herself get too out of hand for any reason. "This is great!" She says at some point, loud enough for Astrid to here her above the music.

UncleWolf
2013-03-31, 03:33 PM
Junktion Junkyard

Wendy looks the way he went, then turns back with a shrug. "Sure. Give in once, you'll always be the omega animal."

Junktion Junkyard

"Maybe." Plat says with another shrug and offers up some popcorn he's summoned from a second hat he seems to be wearing. "Of course, I do this for the purity of my art rather than for glory or power."

happyturtle
2013-03-31, 03:37 PM
Junktion Junkyard

Wendy grabs a handful of popcorn and munches. "I don't know as much about music as I could. I wanted to be in the marching band, but I couldn't do that and stay on the team. Cricket always comes first."

UncleWolf
2013-03-31, 03:53 PM
Junktion Junkyard

"Mhm." Plat hums as he munches some more. "So I suppose I ought to meet your parents now and ask their permission, or are we keeping this as a secret side hobby?" He asks.

happyturtle
2013-03-31, 03:56 PM
Junktion Junkyard

"My dad's a mad scientist and Willow is his beautiful daughter," Wendy says. A penny if you recognize the quote. "She's his favourite. Wes is mom's favourite. Which works out well for me, because they never notice anything I get up to." :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2013-03-31, 04:01 PM
[Some Telephone Place]

The man on the other end of the phone looks around. Where did that noise come from? He shakes is off and goes back to the talking.

"That's what I asked for and assumed. As I said I got things to discuss, but the phone may be a bad way to do so. So can we meet somewhere?"

[Some Telephone Place]

"Well um, about what? I'm fine with phoning someone for unknown reasons, but meeting strangers alone is something I think they teach human children about in kindergarten."

McBish
2013-03-31, 10:08 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai doesn't understand the song at all, but she sure enjoys it. She dances and moves with the music, but she doesn't let herself get too out of hand for any reason. "This is great!" She says at some point, loud enough for Astrid to here her above the music.

Astrid doesn't seem worried about loosing control here. This club is one of the places she feels safe, and rightfully so. If one looks around carefully there are dozens of bouncers around keeping an eye on the crowd. Astrid is pretty well known here, and easy to spot, so they make sure to keep an eye on her. Anyone causing her any trouble wouldn't last very long in the club.

She beams at Ignai glad she is having a good time. "Yeah. Hey want a drink?" The dance floor heats up pretty quickly and all that dancing around could easily work up a sweat.

Hyozo
2013-03-31, 10:36 PM

It won't be getting away that easily. Phanish is still hot on his heels despite its attempts to give him the slip, and now Becca is in hot pursuit. High speed rolling pokemon incoming!

This time Phanish connects with his attack, which sends the shadowy figure flying. Flying significantly farther than one might expect from such an attack in fact. Surprisingly the figure managed to keep a grip on the stolen pokeball despite the collision.

Gullara
2013-03-31, 10:46 PM
[The Pit]

A drink. Drinking always concerned her, but the few times she's drank nothing really bad happened. So she'll probably be okay, and she'd like to get one since Astrid is too. She does know she's an extreme lightweight, though...

"Sure, let's get a drink." Ignai says. She tries to grab hold of Astrid's hand and lead the way back to the bar herself. Boy she's feeling bold tonight. She's having fun.

"Get back here, you ****!" Oh dear, it looks like Becca might have already picked up a new word from Beatrix. "Phanish, keep on him!"

The pokemon isn't letting up, he follows after on the ground, rolling even faster and harder than the first time. The shadowy person might get pretty battered at this rate.

McBish
2013-03-31, 11:08 PM
[The Pit]

Astrid holds onto Ignai's hand tight as they squeeze through the dance floor the band starting into their next song. They can find a small spot to squeeze into at the end of the bar. One of the bartenders makes her way over to them with a friendly smile. "Hey there Astrid and Astrid's friend. What can I get you and how's the night?" She pulls out a dark bottle with a dwarven label for Astrid, apparently knowing her drink.

"Hey Jen, it's going great. This is Ignai, Ignai this is Jen, the best bartender here."

((The Muffs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-95YiV82YA) Joan Jett (www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELpxApT8Kc) Yelle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBv6XzYrpI0) for reference.))

Gullara
2013-03-31, 11:32 PM
[The Pit]

"Nice to meet you, Jen. What she said, it's great. This place is sweet." Ignai says enthusiastically. She glances behind the bar, entirely unsure what to get. Rather than bother with trying to figure out what she might want, Ignai says. "I'll have what Astrid's having." Just to keep it nice and easy.

((I know one of those! Joan Jett is awesome.))

McBish
2013-03-31, 11:51 PM
[The Pit]

"Glad your enjoying yourself. Astrid is drinking a dark heavy Stout and Jen has an amused smile on her face as she pulls out another bottle opening it up for Ignai. It isn't super alcoholic but some might describe it as drinking bread. The spices in it give it a warm taste. Astrid looks like she is about to say something, but instead grins and raises her bottle to clink with Ignai's before taking a drink.

Gullara
2013-04-01, 12:31 AM
[The Pit]

Ignai clinks her bottle and takes a big drink. She coughs a bit after swallowing, but otherwise looks just fine. "It's pretty good." To illustrate her point, she takes another, smaller, sip. Oh yes, play it cool.

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 12:38 AM
Past the Protesters

"Oo-oh. Now I see it."

Kurgen leans over his shoulder peering down curiously at the cube " Oh well done my friend...of course we still need to see what exactly it does..."

As the sigils are aligned, they all glow in unison, the colors of the cube shifting from face to face. Soon the sigils themselves are switching as well, and the puzzle unsolves itself nearly as quickly as you were able to figure it out. Before their eyes, the cube breaks apart into its component pieces, and swirl around as a blue wormhole-like phenomenon is created in the center. The sound of a man yelling can be heard for a brief few seconds before that man is shot out off the wormhole, colliding against the cold floor and rolling over a few times as he loses momentum.

This man looks more or less human, though there are three bloody wounds cut across his face, looking as if some ferocious clawed animal had attempted to remove it. Was that there before he crashed against the floor? :smallconfused:

As for the puzzle, it rebuilds itself, still in its unsolved state.