PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 51

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 03:02 AM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

(well, it took him an hour total to figure it out, but I know what you mean)
Krayger amazingly keeps a stoic face as his magic toy spits out a bloody human (not to be confused with a bloody human!). Maybe because he got it from an exploding frog's head. Admittedly, he was expecting weirder.
"Hey Kurgen, you have any medical training? Because we should probably do something about those wounds, and I, uh, don't really."
Which is to say, that he only sort of does, and he thinks that the guy might be one of those people who might not be comfortable being spit into another dimension and the first thing he sees being a seven-foot bovine getting at his face.

Joe07
2013-04-01, 06:55 AM
From bad to Wormholes

Kurgen had to keep his jaw from hitting the floor, he had really not been expecting to see that coming out of the cube. He didn't hear Krayger first but then managed to respond.
" I uh...I known a minor healing spell." He awkwardly drew his wand, he stood over the man and began his incantation, waving his wand over him as the orb began to glow and crackle as a blue-light began to cover the man. Slowly the wounds began to close, like they were knitted and the blood being sucked back into them before they closed, turning into red angry scars, they'd still hurt like hell but he wouldn't loose blood anymore.

Mindfreak
2013-04-01, 08:44 AM
Well, my friends and I heard tell of a necromancer raising the dead, we set out to investigate and we entered this dungeon, eventually we came across a room containing a sword and shield.

Embossed on them was the image of a storm cloud, the moment I touched them, something deep within told me they belonged to me.

Eventually, we made our way to the king, he gave his full support in seeking out the dark forces threatening the realm, we headed into the underdark, where we encountered a vampire named Chance.

He was very interested in me, and attempted to seduce me, and I'll be honest, I was tempted, but I wasn't going to abandon my friends and our mission to seek simple carnal pleasures.

As he took me back to the rest of the party, we were struck by an unseen force, and I awoke in a tower, there was an old, wizened vampire living there, he knock me unconscious and when I woke up, he had stolen my body.

My friends managed to defeat him and recover my body, but not before he tricked them into attacking Chance, and....

Felandria starts to tear up.

He killed my friend Sarah.

And he used my body to do it.

He reduced her to a pile of ash.

They broke the spell, I returned to my body, we climbed the tower, staked him, set the coffin on fire, pushed it off the top of the tower and poured holy water on the ashes.

It was too good for him.

Chance recovered, he came to me and told me he loved me, he wanted us to be together forever.

But I just couldn't, he asked me to think on it and return when our mission was complete.

I told him I would return and give him an answer, he gave me a locket, said it would protect me.

It didn't, but I'll get to that, first, before I continue, I want to hear about you, tell me what it's like, if I'm going to spill my most intimate secrets, I want to hear yours too.
Gilded Sword
He nommed on a breadstick and looked sadly towards her.
"Have you ever thought of getting Sarah raised?"
And then she wanted to know about him.
He leaned back in his seat.
"Well...the person who created me created the universe, so I've been around since the dawn of time. I helped to shape the creatures of this world. Not all of them, mind you. Just a couple. Like the DuckBear. I enjoyed a few hundred millennium consorting with mortals in a palace of never ending carnal pleasures. Then I got really bored and went into the business of granting wishes to those who can get past the most difficult traps I could imagine. Over the years I lowered the difficulty a little. And then I met you. That's a bit of a rough sketch of everything that's happened. Minus some awesome rugby games with other gods. We destroyed a few galaxies by accident that way." he said sheepishly.

---

The Streets
The Lady thought about it for a moment.
"Krystal. I'd like to join GLoG.":smallsmile:

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 11:08 AM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

The man grunts, rubbing his left temple as he struggles to get up. That was not a very pleasant transition... The wounds are actually already in the process of healing at a greatly increased rate when Kurgen casts his spell, causing them to stitch themselves up even faster. The man's head is killing him, and he's barely able to help himself up.

He looks over to get a better look at Kurgen, and suddenly Krayger's appearance grabs his attention.... Is that a bipedal bull? Before he is able to do anything else, the wounds reopen, showering anyone too close to him with his blood. It's as if some invisible monster just attacked him, but he doesn't physically react to the sudden pain of his torn open face. "Where the hell am I?"

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 11:39 AM
From Bad to Wormholes

It's a good thing Krayger didn't go to help the guy, then. He's wearing his good clothes (which is to say, pretty much his only shirt), and does NOT need blood on them! He crosses his arms over his chest.
"Some Generic Street. Inside. The Nexus. Need I elaborate?"

McBish
2013-04-01, 01:18 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai clinks her bottle and takes a big drink. She coughs a bit after swallowing, but otherwise looks just fine. "It's pretty good." To illustrate her point, she takes another, smaller, sip. Oh yes, play it cool.

Astrid looks impressed and a bit surprised, Jen just chuckles shaking her head and heading back to help other costumers. "You know I haven't found many people who like it. It is the closest thing I can find to what I used to drink before I came to this city." Astrid doesn't look old enough to have a drinking history unless she started early in her teens. She seems to enjoy this stuff though taking big drinks.

Gullara
2013-04-01, 02:01 PM
[The Pit]

"I don't think I've had anything like it before myself. Did lots of people drink it, um, where you used to live?" Ignai asks, hoping Astrid will take that as an invitation to mention where she came from, because now she's curious.

Hyozo
2013-04-01, 02:09 PM
[Outside the Pokemon Center]

"Get back here, you ****!" Oh dear, it looks like Becca might have already picked up a new word from Beatrix. "Phanish, keep on him!"

The pokemon isn't letting up, he follows after on the ground, rolling even faster and harder than the first time. The shadowy person might get pretty battered at this rate.

[Outside the pokemon center]

Indeed, after a second hit from Phanish the shadowy figure falls to the ground, appearing to be beaten down. It's just a trick to make the lower their guards, of course, but Becca probably doesn't know that.

Gullara
2013-04-01, 02:18 PM

"Again, Phanish!" Becca yells. This girl is downright vicious when she gets in this state, and Phanish is an obedient pokemon. The little elephant comes around for another hit, this one the hardest yet.

McBish
2013-04-01, 02:21 PM
[The Pit]

"I learned to drink this stuff from my dad. I would sneak out a few bottles from his stash. Any tavern you would find would serve something like this, and I worked in a lot of taverns over time. Each tavern had their own blends it was something people made at home and bottled a lot of time." Astrid takes another drink from her bottle. "My dad made his own stuff and heaven forbid if you bothered him in the process of bottling it."

Hyozo
2013-04-01, 02:32 PM
[outside the pokemon center]

The Shadowy figure was not expecting a child to be so vicious. Far too many amateurs make that mistake. When this third hit sends it flying again it decides to fall back in its backup plan and attempts a quick sleight of hand. "Alright, alright. You can have it back." the shadowy figure says, holding up a pokeball. If Becca was paying very close attention, she might notice this isn't the one that was stolen from her.

Gullara
2013-04-01, 03:59 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai takes another couple sips while she listens. She giggles. "Funny. Was it, like, his thing he did? My dad had a thing like that."

"Watch him, Phanish. If he tries anything, stomp him." Becca orders as she approaches the shadowy figure. The pokemon stays near, ready to act. Becca snatches the pokeball out of the figure's hand and and looks at it. glares at the shadowy figure and presses the button to let whatever pokemon the ball might contain out.

McBish
2013-04-01, 05:43 PM
[The Pit]

Astrid nods thinking she gets what Ignai means. "Yeah he would enter a competition every year at the local fair and was always trying a new recipe. What did your dad do?"

Gullara
2013-04-01, 06:30 PM
[The Pit]

"He used to build these little ships in bottles. He'd sit there, working at it for hours at a time. He'd get so angry if I interrupted him..." Ignai looks down into her drink. Ugh, why the heck did she have to be so depressing. The elf takes big gulp of the drink.

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 06:41 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

It's a good thing Krayger didn't go to help the guy, then. He's wearing his good clothes (which is to say, pretty much his only shirt), and does NOT need blood on them! He crosses his arms over his chest.
"Some Generic Street. Inside. The Nexus. Need I elaborate?"

The... the Nexus? Oh, no. :smallsigh:

"No, don't bother." he says, shaking his head. As he speaks, the gaping cuts start to heal a little, the edges closing up. "So was it you who freed me from the cube?" the man asks, looking at Krayger, "Or was it you?" he adds, this time looking at Kurgan.

Joe07
2013-04-01, 06:55 PM
The... the Nexus? Oh, no. :smallsigh:

"No, don't bother." he says, shaking his head. As he speaks, the gaping cuts start to heal a little, the edges closing up. "So was it you who freed me from the cube?" the man asks, looking at Krayger, "Or was it you?" he adds, this time looking at Kurgan.

Kurgen shook his head still in shock from what he was seeing.
" No no my good friend here freed you, I merely healed your wounds." He pointed at the wounds " Until they reopened....why is that exactly?" He asked perplexed.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 06:59 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

Krayger clears his throat.
"More importantly, do I want to know why you were locked in a cube in the first place?"

McBish
2013-04-01, 07:00 PM
[The Pit]

"He used to build these little ships in bottles. He'd sit there, working at it for hours at a time. He'd get so angry if I interrupted him..." Ignai looks down into her drink. Ugh, why the heck did she have to be so depressing. The elf takes big gulp of the drink.

For a split second Astrid frowns, she understands that look. Or she guess she does. She ran away from home for a reason. Her smile returns as the band starts into a new song. She takes one last big drink from her bottle before setting back down on the bar. "Hey I love this song lets go dance." The elf on stage seems to be recording herself then playing back loops to sing with herself creating an almost eerie feel to the song.

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 07:22 PM
Kurgen shook his head still in shock from what he was seeing.
" No no my good friend here freed you, I merely healed your wounds." He pointed at the wounds " Until they reopened....why is that exactly?" He asked perplexed.

[From Bad to Wormholes]

Krayger clears his throat.
"More importantly, do I want to know why you were locked in a cube in the first place?"

His face contorts a bit as he tries to find a suitable answer to the question. "Well, I guess you can say that it is hereditary. Well, that doesn't make much sense, but... yeah, let's say it's hereditary. It's always doing that, you see; always opening and shutting. You get used to it after a while." The wounds are nearly completely closed, again, in fact.

The second question leads to a very uncomfortable look as the man starts scratching the back of his head. "Well, you see, that's a very funny story... well, have you ever heard of an iron flask?

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 07:28 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger thinks for a moment, and then comes up with a little bit of adventurer lore.
"You mean those things that coined the phrase 'Sealed Evil in a Can?'
He looks thoughtfully at the cube, which he picked up at some point.
You're saying someone made one out of a childrens' toy?"

Joe07
2013-04-01, 08:12 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger thinks for a moment, and then comes up with a little bit of adventurer lore.
"You mean those things that coined the phrase 'Sealed Evil in a Can?'
He looks thoughtfully at the cube, which he picked up at some point.
You're saying someone made one out of a childrens' toy?"

Kurgen shrugged in response to Krayger " It's not unheard of, I knew several sorcerers who made sport out of putting people into the oddest Iron flasks. One placed several people inside a single playing card."
He turned back to the man " But I am curious as to why you were placed in the Cube, was it by an enemy? Or some altogether odder force?"

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 08:19 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

"Hey, I resent that statement!" He says sternly, referring to the "evil" part of "sealed evil in a can." "Those things capture all sorts of planars. Not just bad ones."

And upon hearing the comment about the playing card, the man rolls his eyes. "Oh, that's just fantastic. Not only are there freaks who make these things, there are freaks who make a sport out of who can do it the most uniquely.... I swear, spellcasters have too much time on their hands. How'd you guys find the cube, anyway?"

Joe07
2013-04-01, 08:25 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Kurgen shrugged at the comment about Spellcasters " Where I come from spell casters make a sport up about everything, as long as they enjoy it. And I didn't find the cube, my compatriot here did." He said indicating to Krayger " Given to him by an exploding frog if I remember."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-04-01, 08:29 PM
The Streets
The Lady thought about it for a moment.
"Krystal. I'd like to join GLoG.":smallsmile:

Krystal smiles broadly.

Really? Awesome! We could probably room together, if you want.

Well, I guess it's back to GLoG we go, then.

Krystal will happily lead the way.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-01, 08:30 PM
Clocktower

Denied.

"Mm. See you there." It's a distinctly chilly farewell. Lawrence certainly isn't going to object to Reynard leaving. Once Reynard is gone, and yes, Lawrence is going to make sure, he turns on Enshadu. "Don't suppose you care to explain this?"

Black Clad Gentlemen

Mel tactfully ignores Pepperjack's inquiry. "Thank you, Frederick." I can't tell whether to be more surprised he said thank you, or that he even remember Pepperjack's first name. "I was thinking. You helped me before. Maybe you can help me again, and we can both earn some of these coins?" And now the other shoe's about to drop. "I have a plan." A cunning plan.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 08:33 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger bows his head a bit
"My apologies. I didn't make the term. And uh, yeah, it was in the exploded head of a large, blue, bipedal toad."
He had a lot of trouble saying that last part with a straight face.

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 08:38 PM
"An exploding, bipedal blue frog." He repeats, looking from Krugen to Kyrager and back again. After that, he starts looking off into the distance, his eyes darting back and forth, as if searching for something. As he does so, the wounds rip open again, splattering another small amount of blood everywhere. "So, do you two have names?"

Felandria
2013-04-01, 08:44 PM
[/SPOILER]
Gilded Sword
He nommed on a breadstick and looked sadly towards her.
"Have you ever thought of getting Sarah raised?"
And then she wanted to know about him.
He leaned back in his seat.
"Well...the person who created me created the universe, so I've been around since the dawn of time. I helped to shape the creatures of this world. Not all of them, mind you. Just a couple. Like the DuckBear. I enjoyed a few hundred millennium consorting with mortals in a palace of never ending carnal pleasures. Then I got really bored and went into the business of granting wishes to those who can get past the most difficult traps I could imagine. Over the years I lowered the difficulty a little. And then I met you. That's a bit of a rough sketch of everything that's happened. Minus some awesome rugby games with other gods. We destroyed a few galaxies by accident that way." he said sheepishly.

I haven't seen a DuckBear yet.

So tell me, what's the strangest wish you've granted?

Deathkeeper
2013-04-01, 08:47 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger just shrugs with "Toad. And yeah, I've got no idea." as the man stares into space (cue dodging spray again).
"You can call me Krayger. And you?"

Gullara
2013-04-01, 11:18 PM
For a split second Astrid frowns, she understands that look. Or she guess she does. She ran away from home for a reason. Her smile returns as the band starts into a new song. She takes one last big drink from her bottle before setting back down on the bar. "Hey I love this song lets go dance." The elf on stage seems to be recording herself then playing back loops to sing with herself creating an almost eerie feel to the song.

[The Pit]

Ignai looks up again, a smile on her lips. "Sounds like a great idea." She takes another drink herself before putting the bottle down, and then she stands. "Let's go!"

LOTRfan
2013-04-01, 11:59 PM
He still seems to be looking around for some unseen object. "Dabar," he mutters. Gesturing towards Krugen, he asks "And yours?"

Zefir
2013-04-02, 04:47 AM
[Some Telephone Place]

"Well um, about what? I'm fine with phoning someone for unknown reasons, but meeting strangers alone is something I think they teach human children about in kindergarten."

[Some Telephone Place]

"True, but I'm not that rich to pay such a high telephone Bill. I need informations about dragons. Especially about how they rise their childs and important moments in these years etc. I think if we met at a public and combatfree place, it shouldn't be a problem right?"

Joe07
2013-04-02, 05:16 AM
He still seems to be looking around for some unseen object. "Dabar," he mutters. Gesturing towards Krugen, he asks "And yours?"

Kurgen ducked under the other spray of blood that flew over him. Before picking himself up " I my good man Am Kurgen Seroso. And if you don't mind me making a suggestion perhaps we should find some way of preventing you from constantly spraying blood everywhere.

Mindfreak
2013-04-02, 05:54 AM
Krystal smiles broadly.

Really? Awesome! We could probably room together, if you want.

Well, I guess it's back to GLoG we go, then.

Krystal will happily lead the way.
Streets
The Lady smiled and was about to follow before she remembered.
"Shouldn't we be getting me some new clothes?"

---

Gilded Sword
"Well if you want to see a duckbear, I could always show you one after dinner. And the weirdest wish?"
He thought for a moment.
"That would have to be to be sent back to when they were a baby but with the mind they had currently. So they'd start out as an adult."
Then, their food arrived!

McBish
2013-04-02, 09:23 AM
[The Pit]

Ignai looks up again, a smile on her lips. "Sounds like a great idea." She takes another drink herself before putting the bottle down, and then she stands. "Let's go!"

Astrid tries to pull Ignai back out onto the dance floor leaving their drinks behind and apparently not worrying about paying for them. She starts to head closer to the stage, carefully navigating around the rougher sections of the dance floor. It is far more crowded near the front, jam-packed one might say. It's possible they might get seperated if they don't stick close together.

-------------------------

[Clock Tower]

Oh did someone just ask for an explanation. Nort's ears perk up as he makes sure to listen to this, he has been wondering for quite awhile, not that anyone cares about his wonderings.

Gullara
2013-04-02, 09:51 AM
[The Pit]

Ignai keeps a hold on Astrid, intent on not being separated. She may be having fun here, but she sure doesn't want to lose her companion in the crowd and end up on her own. That would be far less fun.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-02, 10:39 AM
Gothic House

It sure seems like he knows about Calvin indeed. The teen stays put for now still, wondering what this all about. He stays patient but anyone watching him might be able to pick up signs of impatience. "There won't be any more puzzles ahead for you I'm afraid. And while it may seem that I am not busy that is just because I was waiting for you."

[Gothic House]

"Were we noisy? Sorry," Young star says downright genuine. "I hope you don't take offense, but that sounds almost threatening. But hey, No more puzzles! That's good news."

Black Clad Gentlemen

Mel tactfully ignores Pepperjack's inquiry. "Thank you, Frederick." I can't tell whether to be more surprised he said thank you, or that he even remember Pepperjack's first name. "I was thinking. You helped me before. Maybe you can help me again, and we can both earn some of these coins?" And now the other shoe's about to drop. "I have a plan." A cunning plan.

Black Clad Gentlemen

Oh dear. Pepperjack thinks on it, pretending inspect the rim of his hat. "Theivery is normally not my preference, but if you have include a proper exit in this plan, we could have a fun time."

McBish
2013-04-02, 11:58 AM
[Gothic House]

"Oh you weren't all that noisy. It must be hard to be sneaky though when you don't understand the rules of the house. Going around breaking things and what not. Don't worry about it though. Do you mind if I ask what you were planning on doing here?" He continues to talk to Young Star seemingly ignoring Calvin.

------------------

[The Pit]

Astrid manages to get them almost right up next to the stage and claim a bit of the dance floor for the two of them. This close it is all but impossible to hear anything besides the music. Astrid quickly losses herself in the music and dancing obviously having a good time.

The two girls may find themselves attracting some male attention on the dance floor. Mostly just guys moving to dance close to them, looking to make eye contact. Astrid doesn't seem interested, or maybe she just doesn't notice.

Felandria
2013-04-02, 12:20 PM
Gilded Sword
"Well if you want to see a duckbear, I could always show you one after dinner. And the weirdest wish?"
He thought for a moment.
"That would have to be to be sent back to when they were a baby but with the mind they had currently. So they'd start out as an adult."
Then, their food arrived!

Felandria takes a bite and then drinks some wine.

Actually, I'd rather see that palace of never ending carnal pleasures.

But let me ask you something.

Can you or does anyone you know have the ability to see the future?

Because there's something I've been wanting to do and I hoped someone could tell me if I stand a chance.

I wish to take the Test of the Starstone.

Gullara
2013-04-02, 05:20 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai dances, keeping pace with Astrid easily. When she notices the attention they're getting Ignai does meet one of the guy's eyes. She gives him a nervous smile, not really sure how to react to this. Especially seeing as she isn't keen on encouraging him. She usually flies under the radar, so she's not used to attracting much attention.

McBish
2013-04-02, 06:26 PM
[The Pit]

Well making eye contact on the dance floor is like an invitation. The guy, a fairly handsome human dressed in dark jeans and a black t-shirt, makes his way towards them on the dance floor. He doesn't move forward to touch either of them. Astrid finally notices him and turns to Ignai to see how she reacts.

Morcleon
2013-04-02, 08:32 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia rise up a hand. "No thank you." she answers him.

"It must be. Just see how people got here. Most of them did by accident. If the world existed the same mometn the others did, then this world would have dragged them all into it."

[DMC 2.0]

Shrugging, Yuki takes another bite of the bar. "Curious. Then logically, that begs the question of who? Not one of the current, interactive gods, I would presume. And probably not any entity any of us have heard of."

LOTRfan
2013-04-03, 12:11 AM
Kurgen ducked under the other spray of blood that flew over him. Before picking himself up " I my good man Am Kurgen Seroso. And if you don't mind me making a suggestion perhaps we should find some way of preventing you from constantly spraying blood everywhere.

Satisfied that whatever he was looking for isn't hidden in the area around him, Dabar looks back and just smiles. "As I said before, it's hereditary. I've been to some of the best curse-breakers money can buy, and they all came up with squat." Shrugging it off, he continues, "Now, what would really be useful right now is a drink. Preferably of the alcoholic kind."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-03, 12:19 AM
Satisfied that whatever he was looking for isn't hidden in the area around him, Dabar looks back and just smiles. "As I said before, it's hereditary. I've been to some of the best curse-breakers money can buy, and they all came up with squat." Shrugging it off, he continues, "Now, what would really be useful right now is a drink. Preferably of the alcoholic kind."

From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger reaches into his satchel and pulls out a smallish bottle.
"Got you covered on that one if you're a fan of whiskey. And no, my mouth hasn't touched it."
The bottle is, for the record, half full.

Joe07
2013-04-03, 02:30 PM

Kurgen gestured behind him " We just left a quaint little Tavern, we could get you more there if you wanted?" He frowned for a moment " Though you might want to wrap yourself in a towel as they might not take kindly to you constantly bloodying the floor."

LOTRfan
2013-04-03, 04:56 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

Dabar is about to ask where this tavern is before Krayger offers him the bottle.
Dabar probably won't even notice that it is half full, and even if he did he is not the sort of person who would care all that much.Drinking a swig, the man gulps and thanks him for it. It's been... actually, I don't know how long it's been since my last drink. I mean, time didn't really pass for me when I was locked inside, but still; it could have been years." That thought causes him to take another swig, before returning it to Krayger. 'So what were you two doing around here, anyway?"

Deathkeeper
2013-04-03, 05:01 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

Krayger shakes his horned head. "Actually, judging from the general direction of the crash a little while ago, and the fact that there's practically nothing else in that area, I'm going to assume that Trog's is currently out of commission for a while."
(If you haven't been following its topic it just got a satellite dropped on it) And there's the 'Minotaurs' ridiculous sense of direction' thing again.
He then stores the bottle away again. He'll have to remember to wipe it next time. Or not.
"We were actually going out to try to find some work."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-04-03, 05:53 PM
[Another Phone call]

"I can get there, let's just hope to avoide any fightings."

Sounds good, on my way!

OrchestraHc
2013-04-03, 07:14 PM
[Gothic House]

"I guess it's time to come clean... We're Time Cops." Young Star's face is completely straight as he concocts the tale. "The group of wizards who make base here will eventually unleash something that will come to alter the course of history, so we're here to get you to cease and desist."

LOTRfan
2013-04-04, 04:26 AM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

The wounds are all healed again. "Finding some work, huh? What sort of work are you guys interested in?"

Zefir
2013-04-04, 04:38 AM
[Another Phone call]

"See you soon!" With that he ends the call and heads for Trogs. (Should I or you post first due to the current scene there)

[DMC 2.0]

"I don't think we can find that out. A force such powerful may be to much to handle for us."

You know this thing is very funny, having chars talk about us IC^^.

"We may go inside now, if you don't mind"

Gullara
2013-04-04, 09:54 AM
[The Pit]

Well making eye contact on the dance floor is like an invitation. The guy, a fairly handsome human dressed in dark jeans and a black t-shirt, makes his way towards them on the dance floor. He doesn't move forward to touch either of them. Astrid finally notices him and turns to Ignai to see how she reacts.

[The Pit]

((Sorry for the delay. My brain was refusing to tell me what to post.))

Ignai didn't know that! And now she is really unsure what to do. But maybe she shouldn't be so concerned. They're there to have fun, right? So she just keeps dancing, and if the guy is determined to dance with her, she'll do that too.

Ashen Lilies
2013-04-04, 11:13 AM
[Some Telephone Place]

"True, but I'm not that rich to pay such a high telephone Bill. I need informations about dragons. Especially about how they rise their childs and important moments in these years etc. I think if we met at a public and combatfree place, it shouldn't be a problem right?"

[Some Telephone Place]

"Yeah, um... problem. I don't know any of that stuff. I'm not a dad, I don't know how babies work. Can't you find, like, a book?"

McBish
2013-04-04, 12:51 PM
[Gothic House]

The man grins and raises an eyebrow in disbelief. He chuckles a bit and shakes his head. "Really, that is the best you could do. It has nothing to do with Calvin or there, or his uncle's work?" Seems that he knows more about Calvin then him just being in the room.

-------------------

[The Pit]

The young man steps closer to dance with Ignai. Astrid grins as she sees this not getting in the way. She keeps an eye on him though making sure he doesn't get to grabby. He does try to put his hands on her hips as they dance, but he doesn't try to grab her anywhere inappropriate.

Gullara
2013-04-04, 03:27 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai puts her hands on his shoulders. Although she's a bit hesitant at first, it doesn't take too long for her tension to melt away. She starts to get more comfortable and dances closer to him. This is fun, and the grin on her face makes it obvious what a good time she's having.

Mindfreak
2013-04-04, 03:51 PM
Felandria takes a bite and then drinks some wine.

Actually, I'd rather see that palace of never ending carnal pleasures.

But let me ask you something.

Can you or does anyone you know have the ability to see the future?

Because there's something I've been wanting to do and I hoped someone could tell me if I stand a chance.

I wish to take the Test of the Starstone.
Gilded Sword
"Well of course I do. I know plenty of people who can, myself included. However...knowing the future isn't always good, Felandria. All of those people I know that can see the future wish they didn't. Knowing the future is a terrible thing...it makes life dull. Takes the fun out if it. If you want me to, I can."
He gave a small little frown. This wasn't the first time a mortal wanted to know some part of the future. It usually ended with them becoming rather...dull. And boring.

Morcleon
2013-04-04, 07:38 PM
[DMC 2.0]

"I don't think we can find that out. A force such powerful may be to much to handle for us."

You know this thing is very funny, having chars talk about us IC^^.

"We may go inside now, if you don't mind"

[DMC 2.0]

At least they aren't tapping at the fourth wall (yet). ^.^

"Not us," agrees Yuki. He finishes off his nutrient bar and nods. "Yes, that would be lovely. Going inside, I mean."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-04-04, 08:20 PM
Streets
The Lady smiled and was about to follow before she remembered.
"Shouldn't we be getting me some new clothes?"

The Lady's question causes Krystal to stop walking and think for a moment.

Then her hand quickly swings up and slaps her own forehead.

Duh! Sorry, got kinda excited there. To the clothing store, then. She turns around and starts walking the other way.

((Mallside?))

Felandria
2013-04-04, 10:55 PM
Gilded Sword
"Well of course I do. I know plenty of people who can, myself included. However...knowing the future isn't always good, Felandria. All of those people I know that can see the future wish they didn't. Knowing the future is a terrible thing...it makes life dull. Takes the fun out if it. If you want me to, I can."
He gave a small little frown. This wasn't the first time a mortal wanted to know some part of the future. It usually ended with them becoming rather...dull. And boring.

Felandria considers this for a moment, sipping her wine.

You're probably right, besides, if I'm going to prove myself to my father, I shouldn't cheat.

After we returned to the king, he held a big to do in our honor, he gave each of us a gift, Vladimir, the dwarf, he got a hammer known as Volendrung, I received a swirling magic that allowed me to learn a spell sorcerors normally can't, so I learned Righteous Might.

Of course, I made the mistake of casting it when I opened the box, so I grew right at the table, made a bit of a scene, not as bad as when Vladimir said the hammer's name aloud and called lightning right in the ballroom, scared the pants off the royals.

After the celebration, we set out towards an ice cave, where the maps we found in the wizard's tower told us was the next place we needed to go investigate.

In the main chamber, there was this huge archway, frozen in ice, at the base of the archway was a portal, next to a dais, sitting on top of the dais, encased in ice, was a shield.

The same shield we found before.

We melted the ice, built into the dais was a slot, we determined that we needed to insert the sword to activate the portal.

I stick it in, nothing, it's loose, sword's not big enough, I cast a spell, make myself bigger, and try again.

I'm struck by a blinding white light, the portal activates, glowing runes surrounding it, I get to my feet, and I wait for the spell to wear off.

It never does.

We don't know how it happened, but the cave starts to tremble, something bad is coming after us.

We decide to try our luck with the portal, I realize the runes are in Giant, I touch a couple, portal opens, we get out of there.

On the other side is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life, we stand there in awe when an older, bearded man touches my hand, he thanks us for helping him return home, he was stuck in our realm, unable to regain his true form.

Then he looks up, looks me right in the eyes and says my name.

I look at him and I just know, even before he says it.

He rises up to my height, looks me in the eye and welcomes me home.

He says he's my father.

Felandria tears up again.

It's lucky he's so strong otherwise I might have squeezed him to death, I never met him before yet I realized that I missed him more than anything.

He tells me his name, Zeus.

And he welcomes me to Olympus.

Have you ever met him?

Hattish Thing
2013-04-04, 11:42 PM
Marciano's Shenanigans

Marciano groans and speaks, turning around to face her. Yes? Thank you for putting me back, it would have taken me a long time to connect myself. Did you want something, Ms?

Mee
2013-04-04, 11:44 PM
Marciano's Shenanigans

Marciano groans and speaks, turning around to face her. Yes? Thank you for putting me back, it would have taken me a long time to connect myself. Did you want something, Ms?

"Ms. Ms. is a great name. Let's leave it at that," Kwen says, smiling somewhat crookedly at Marciano, "now, you were wanting assassinations, weren't you?"

Note: Her pistol, while not currently aimed at him, is still out.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-04, 11:54 PM
"Ms. Ms. is a great name. Let's leave it at that," Kwen says, smiling somewhat crookedly at Marciano, "now, you were wanting assassinations, weren't you?"

Note: Her pistol, while not currently aimed at him, is still out.

Marciano nods, before shaking his head with a "no". Was, Ms. I've retired. I've decided to open up my own company, with the remnants of what I can scrounge...

Mee
2013-04-05, 12:00 AM
Marciano nods, before shaking his head with a "no". Was, Ms. I've retired. I've decided to open up my own company, with the remnants of what I can scrounge...

"Well," Kwen says, aiming the pistol back at his head, "you were just talking about hiring me for assassinations. So, explain exactly why I should trust you and let you walk away?"

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 12:03 AM
"Well," Kwen says, aiming the pistol back at his head, "you were just talking about hiring me for assassinations. So, explain exactly why I should trust you and let you walk away?"

Mr. Louv're groans, and turns around to face her. I was, yes. To test your character, you passed. I'd like you to help me with something...actually, could you point me to GLoG? I seek to repent for my sins...

Mee
2013-04-05, 12:07 AM
Mr. Louv're groans, and turns around to face her. I was, yes. To test your character, you passed. I'd like you to help me with something...actually, could you point me to GLoG? I seek to repent for my sins...

"I can not point you to GLoG, no. Nor would I if I could, there are good people there, neither of us deserve to be there, and I don't honestly believe that you've changed your mind from going on a murdering spree in the last minute and a half." Kwen points out, her aim never wavering.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 12:15 AM
Marciano

Fear can be seen in Marciano's eyes. Wait...please don't, please. Don't kill me. Deserve it? Ms, I'm a man trying to survive in a world I ****ed up. Please, my.name is Marciano...er, what do you want? Please!

Zefir
2013-04-05, 01:48 AM
[DMC 2.0]

At least they aren't tapping at the fourth wall (yet). ^.^

"Not us," agrees Yuki. He finishes off his nutrient bar and nods. "Yes, that would be lovely. Going inside, I mean."

[DMC 2.0]

Just prepare, maybe they will. *calls for help to build 4.1 wall.*^^

Mia will enter the workshop through the double door in front of the building. As a suprise for Yuki, the inside appears bigger than the outside, just like the rooms are taller than they should be. She will take him to her personal Workshop. In this room things are quiet more High tech then outside. Several computer seem to make calculations, while in another corner some kind of remote chair is placed. Tools seem to be missing, but thats only because Mia got a all in one tool on her desk. Mia searches through a few fruit jar and after a moment she picks out one, containg a grey layer of some ind of fluid on his bottom.

"That's what you came for right?"

[Some Telephone Place]

"Books quiet differ in their informations. Most of them belonged to other worlds and have differetn typs of dragon mentioned. I'm just curiouse that I might know more thatn you do about your own race and I didn't study dragons."

McBish
2013-04-05, 10:13 AM
[The Pit]

Ignai puts her hands on his shoulders. Although she's a bit hesitant at first, it doesn't take too long for her tension to melt away. She starts to get more comfortable and dances closer to him. This is fun, and the grin on her face makes it obvious what a good time she's having.

After the song they are dancing to ends he leans in closer to her ear so he doesn't have to shout too loud. "Hey can I buy you a drink?"

By this time Astrid is paying less attention to Ignai and more attention to another young man who apparently wants to dance with her. They seems to know each other and are talking back and forth into each others ears all but impossible to make out over the noise.

--------------------------

[Gothic House]

[Gothic House]

The man grins and raises an eyebrow in disbelief. He chuckles a bit and shakes his head. "Really, that is the best you could do. It has nothing to do with Calvin or there, or his uncle's work?" Seems that he knows more about Calvin then him just being in the room.

Gullara
2013-04-05, 11:10 AM
[The Pit]

"Sure." Ignai says. It's been a long time since she's gotten this sort of attention from anyone, and it feels pretty nice. She glances once at Astrid. Okay, Ignai isn't just leaving her alone then. With that off her mind, the elf will be gladly led to the bar.

Mee
2013-04-05, 11:38 AM
Marciano

Fear can be seen in Marciano's eyes. Wait...please don't, please. Don't kill me. Deserve it? Ms, I'm a man trying to survive in a world I ****ed up. Please, my.name is Marciano...er, what do you want? Please!

"Well, you're doing it wrong. You don't survive in a world that you messed up in by hiring assassins," Kwen seems somewhat fixated on this point.
And about this time, Kwen flips a mental switch that starts a somewhat frantically beeping 'distress call from member, here's their location' alarm in HALO's situation room.
"Besides, if I were going to try to kill people, trying to pretend like I want to repent so that I can get right into the midst of all of them is exactly what I'd do. Try again." She doesn't reply to what she wants.

McBish
2013-04-05, 11:49 AM
[The Pit]

The young man leads her over to and open space at the bar. He leans up against it facing her. He catches one of the bartenders and orders himself a beer then turns back to face here. "I'm Lim. What can I get you? Off the dance floor you don't quite have to yell to be heard as long as you are fairly close to the person you are talking to. Which is nessacary sometimes do to how crowded it is here.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 11:50 AM
"Well, you're doing it wrong. You don't survive in a world that you messed up in by hiring assassins," Kwen seems somewhat fixated on this point.
And about this time, Kwen flips a mental switch that starts a somewhat frantically beeping 'distress call from member, here's their location' alarm in HALO's situation room.
"Besides, if I were going to try to kill people, trying to pretend like I want to repent so that I can get right into the midst of all of them is exactly what I'd do. Try again." She doesn't reply to what she wants.

Marciano breathes in heavily, and will then attempt to teleport straight to DFI. It's a sanctuary, and he had a meeting in store for him. I swear I *Cough* I have changed...

Mee
2013-04-05, 01:59 PM
Marciano breathes in heavily, and will then attempt to teleport straight to DFI. It's a sanctuary, and he had a meeting in store for him. I swear I *Cough* I have changed...

Well, depending upon the teleport, if it gives any warning at all, him closing his eyes to focus, a slight hum before the teleport, or various other warning signs, Kwen would have started blasting away, aiming directly at his head.

happyturtle
2013-04-05, 03:13 PM
Starling's House

This location needs dusting off badly. For one thing, its player can't remember what sort of house it is, but thinks it's a townhouse. For another thing, Magtok and Jezebel left the place utterly trashed.

Linda/Mara tries the front door, and discovers someone already broke the lock. She peers in. "Wow, someone did a real number in here." :smallyuk:

Lord Magtok
2013-04-05, 03:27 PM
Starling's House

Godtok walks in after her, and quietly jabs a thumb against some tiny little recording device affixed to the wall. Well that stinks, now the MagCollective has evidence she's still alive, don't they? Doesn't look like he's going to tell Mara about it though, from the looks of things. Best to just keep quiet about that until it becomes a problem. It's not like MagCorp can spare anyone to deal with the two of them right now anyways, right?

"Figures. A guy with enemies like him, someone's bound to do something like this."

Hopefully there's still something of value to be found here. It'd be a shame if the other clones got all the Starling ruining credit, and Godtok didn't-

"What is that smell?":smallyuk:

Ugh. Something obscenely not-divine was here recently, wasn't it? Not a MagClone, because they don't have that kind of stench, something...something wrong, something awful.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 03:29 PM
Well, depending upon the teleport, if it gives any warning at all, him closing his eyes to focus, a slight hum before the teleport, or various other warning signs, Kwen would have started blasting away, aiming directly at his head.

Well, some sign yes, mostly his horrible grin. Well, not in the head, but she gets a wonderful shot to the chest, puncturing a lung. While he's not flesh and blood, he feels pain. Marciano is screaming as he teleports away. The wound won't kill him, due to being a machine, but he'll have a cough and a very strange voice for a while. He also drops a pistol that was in his pocket, a very shiny chrome one...

Mee
2013-04-05, 04:13 PM
Well, some sign yes, mostly his horrible grin. Well, not in the head, but she gets a wonderful shot to the chest, puncturing a lung. While he's not flesh and blood, he feels pain. Marciano is screaming as he teleports away. The wound won't kill him, due to being a machine, but he'll have a cough and a very strange voice for a while. He also drops a pistol that was in his pocket, a very shiny chrome one...

With a very, very heavy sigh, Kwen kneels, places her pistol down on the ground, and takes up Marciano's chrome one. Then she spends the next several moments looking at it, turning it upside down, ejecting the cartridge, and generally trying to figure out where it came from. Or where it's owner might have gone to.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 04:18 PM
With a very, very heavy sigh, Kwen kneels, places her pistol down on the ground, and takes up Marciano's chrome one. Then she spends the next several moments looking at it, turning it upside down, ejecting the cartridge, and generally trying to figure out where it came from. Or where it's owner might have gone to.

Well, it looks like a custom weapon, a prototype for the E14, the E11. It's a pistol made to blast through every magical armor, but any metal that is not magical the bullets cannot pierce.

It's a relic from the days of Marciano Louv're's real power. It was put in the crate with him to use as self-defense.

As to where he went, probably somewhere where he would be protected.

FireFox
2013-04-05, 05:54 PM

Only a few minutes after Kwen sent the alarm, a single woman teleports into the alley, holding a nickel played MP7 at the ready. Since Kwen is the only one there, the woman having arrived after Marciano departed, the woman focuses on her. The fact she's holding a weapon and doesn't look particularly distressed is also cause for concern. HALO! Drop the gun and identify yourself!

Mee
2013-04-05, 05:59 PM
Only a few minutes after Kwen sent the alarm, a single woman teleports into the alley, holding a nickel played MP7 at the ready. Since Kwen is the only one there, the woman having arrived after Marciano departed, the woman focuses on her. The fact she's holding a weapon and doesn't look particularly distressed is also cause for concern. HALO! Drop the gun and identify yourself!

With a sigh, Kwen put the gun down--she didn't like that one anyway--, stood, and turned around to face the newcomer.
"You're rather late, I'm afraid. He already managed to get away. He left his gun, should you want it." While stating this, Kwen calmly holds her hands out to either side, being all non-aggressive and stuff.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 06:12 PM
Clocktower

Enshadu looks over at Lawrencium and speaks softly. What do you want? The objects in the crates are explosives, enough to blow apart this tower and the area around it. I mean to ransom Remnant into paying me for the release of Nort, and then I'll retreat, probably blowing up the tower anyway.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-05, 06:38 PM
Clock Tower

"Right. That'll work. Because Remnant makes a point of giving in to demands." Lawrence dismisses Enshadu with a wave, turning his attention to the tied up Nort. "Clear up the explosives you two. We're packing up shop here. I'll handle the hostage."

Hattish Thing
2013-04-05, 06:44 PM
Clock Tower

"Right. That'll work. Because Remnant makes a point of giving in to demands." Lawrence dismisses Enshadu with a wave, turning his attention to the tied up Nort. "Clear up the explosives you two. We're packing up shop here. I'll handle the hostage."

Enshadu groans and speaks again. Whatever. The hostage is Nort, he's a genius. Kind of a crazy though. I'd suggest we keep him, he might be useful. Move the explosives where? Hm...we could use them during the raid on the Magcave.

Mindfreak
2013-04-05, 07:00 PM
Felandria considers this for a moment, sipping her wine.

You're probably right, besides, if I'm going to prove myself to my father, I shouldn't cheat.

After we returned to the king, he held a big to do in our honor, he gave each of us a gift, Vladimir, the dwarf, he got a hammer known as Volendrung, I received a swirling magic that allowed me to learn a spell sorcerors normally can't, so I learned Righteous Might.

Of course, I made the mistake of casting it when I opened the box, so I grew right at the table, made a bit of a scene, not as bad as when Vladimir said the hammer's name aloud and called lightning right in the ballroom, scared the pants off the royals.

After the celebration, we set out towards an ice cave, where the maps we found in the wizard's tower told us was the next place we needed to go investigate.

In the main chamber, there was this huge archway, frozen in ice, at the base of the archway was a portal, next to a dais, sitting on top of the dais, encased in ice, was a shield.

The same shield we found before.

We melted the ice, built into the dais was a slot, we determined that we needed to insert the sword to activate the portal.

I stick it in, nothing, it's loose, sword's not big enough, I cast a spell, make myself bigger, and try again.

I'm struck by a blinding white light, the portal activates, glowing runes surrounding it, I get to my feet, and I wait for the spell to wear off.

It never does.

We don't know how it happened, but the cave starts to tremble, something bad is coming after us.

We decide to try our luck with the portal, I realize the runes are in Giant, I touch a couple, portal opens, we get out of there.

On the other side is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life, we stand there in awe when an older, bearded man touches my hand, he thanks us for helping him return home, he was stuck in our realm, unable to regain his true form.

Then he looks up, looks me right in the eyes and says my name.

I look at him and I just know, even before he says it.

He rises up to my height, looks me in the eye and welcomes me home.

He says he's my father.

Felandria tears up again.

It's lucky he's so strong otherwise I might have squeezed him to death, I never met him before yet I realized that I missed him more than anything.

He tells me his name, Zeus.

And he welcomes me to Olympus.

Have you ever met him?
Gilded Sword
"Well, probably not that specific Zeus. I've met several. One still owes me a few servants..."
He thought it over.
"Did you meet him here in the Nexus..?"

---

Street
She smiled and will follow.
(Yes!)

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 07:06 PM
Metropolis Square

Someone window shops in metropolis square, examining the things. Wearing a dark green shirt and black jeans, she examines the somewhat futuristic clothing styles, the computers, the food... she's looking at them like they're all things that she simply cannot have.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 07:20 PM
Metropolis Square

As she passes by yet another electronics store, something exits and toddles up to her, short legs swinging rigidly and making little "pap pap" noises as its feet hit the concrete. It looks like a little girl, but only at the very first glance, as immediately the oval shape of its head and the too-shiny gleam of the metallic substance covering it is immediately apparent. Everything from its rigid-frame "dress" and "hair" to its completely cylindrical limbs is designed to look non-threatening and generally cute. It's as if a cartoon character was pulled from one of the shows playing on the TV's in the display of the store it just left.

Its blue eyes glow, one of them partially hidden by painted-on yellow bangs as it turns its permanently-smiling face to the woman it seems to be following and speaks. Its voice is obviously synthesized, but high and cutesy as you'd expect from such a cute-looking package.

"Hi hi miss lady! I'm Comp-chan! Do you have a little sister? Do you want one?" She sing-songs, a light auto-tune effect accomplishing the changes in tone.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 07:27 PM
Metropolis Square

The woman looks down at... Comp-Chan. She has full, somewhat poofy, long, black hair, and clear, green eyes. "Um... no. I don't have a little sister. Why?" She suspects she knows why, but she'll let the thing go through it's spiel.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 07:40 PM
Metropolis Square

The woman looks down at... Comp-Chan. She has full, somewhat poofy, long, black hair, and clear, green eyes. "Um... no. I don't have a little sister. Why?" She suspects she knows why, but she'll let the thing go through it's spiel.

Metropolis Square

"Do you want one? I'm Comp-chan, and I can be your sister!" Its eyes flicker in time with its words, the only sign that it was created with any facial movement whatsoever. It swings its arms back and forth gaily as it waits for a reply.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 07:48 PM
Metropolis Square

"I... don't really. Why would I want a little sister?" She can't have a sister for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that she suspects she would have to pay for it and has no money.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 07:57 PM
Metropolis Square

"I... don't really. Why would I want a little sister?" She can't have a sister for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that she suspects she would have to pay for it and has no money.

Metropolis Square

"Because it can be fun! What's your name miss lady?" Comp-chan's arms get thrown up as it raises its voice again. There are five little painted on circles where fingers and a thumb would be, but the arms end in rounded stumps.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 08:00 PM
Metropolis Square

"I'm Hae," she replies, not sure what to make of this.

Morcleon
2013-04-05, 08:02 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Just prepare, maybe they will. *calls for help to build 4.1 wall.*^^

Mia will enter the workshop through the double door in front of the building. As a suprise for Yuki, the inside appears bigger than the outside, just like the rooms are taller than they should be. She will take him to her personal Workshop. In this room things are quiet more High tech then outside. Several computer seem to make calculations, while in another corner some kind of remote chair is placed. Tools seem to be missing, but thats only because Mia got a all in one tool on her desk. Mia searches through a few fruit jar and after a moment she picks out one, containg a grey layer of some ind of fluid on his bottom.

"That's what you came for right?"

[DMC 2.0]

We'll see... :smallamused:

Yuki follows her in, eyes flickering around the room with wonder. Managing to suppress the stream of questions and comments, he nods to Mia and smiles slightly. "Are those the nanites?"

Devixer
2013-04-05, 08:03 PM
Market Street

Hildur walks down the street alongside Thyrza. Glancing at her, she says, "So, groceries. Where should we get those?"

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 08:05 PM
Metropolis Square

"I'm Hae," she replies, not sure what to make of this.

Metropolis Square

"You're Hae! Yay Miss Hae! Hae whoooooo?" She draws out the last syllable, tilting her head sideways.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 08:16 PM
Metropolis Square

Hae sighs. "I don't have a last name, because I don't have a family."

See how the cheery little chatterbox like that.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 08:20 PM
Metropolis Square

Hae sighs. "I don't have a last name, because I don't have a family."

See how the cheery little chatterbox like that.

Metropolis Square

"Don't have a family? I don't understand. Sisters are family, and I'm your sister!" A faked gasp is synthesized as she raises her hands to her smooth chin, "That means I'm your family!!! And since you don't have a last name, you can be Hae-chan! Hey Hae-chan!" Faked giggles are spread around as the robot twirls on one of its leg-stumps.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 08:23 PM
Metropolis Square

..."The word 'chan' does not work that way," Hae comments. "I don't have a home, either, and I don't think I can stay with you."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 08:34 PM
Metropolis Square

The robo-girl stops moving as her eyes blink slowly on and off and a low, whirring hum starts up. This lasts for about 10 seconds before she responds, "The word chan does not work that way? What way does the word chan work?" Then she waits patiently, standing completely still again as she awaits a response.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 08:51 PM
Metropolis Square

"I don't want to explain the way that word works right now... it's complex." She sighs. "What matters is that I don't have a home to take you to."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-05, 09:14 PM
Metropolis Square

"Processing..." The tiny lights making up the two blue colored circles of her eyes begin turning on and off in sequence, making it seem like the iris are spinning slowly.

"Chan means: I don't want to explain the way that word works right now. It's complex. Thank you Miss Hae-chan! I won't forget this!" And now she's back to her normal, exuberant self again.

"You can come to my home then Miss Hae-chan! It's what sisters do for sisters. Calculating... Comp-chan unit has offered shelter to its sister! Comp-chan is now the big-sister! Upgrading..." The little robot's limbs telescope out, additional segments smoothing out into one slightly tapered cylinder. She stops when she's just barely taller than Hae, and as an afterthought her rigid dress also lengthens mechanically until it's down to where her knees would be.

"Ready to go home Hae-chan?"

White-Iron Cafe

Mintbalm sets herself and Sophie down on one of the painted wrought-iron outdoor tables at the White-Iron, where a waitress rushes out with menus in hand and a pair of glasses of water balanced on a serving tray as soon as she sees them.

"Hello, welcome to the Cafe. I'll leave you with the menus and be right back!" And she scurries off without letting them get in a word edgewise.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-05, 09:24 PM
Metropolis Square

"That's not what Chan means! You should look it up sometime... gah..." as for following this 'sister' home... well, if worse comes to worse, Hae could always ditch this face and fashion. "Well, lead on, then..."

White-Iron Cafe

Sophie will touch down and hang on, not sure what to make of this. "That was... different." She then picks up the menu and examines it.

Beans
2013-04-05, 09:24 PM
Market Street

Hildur walks down the street alongside Thyrza. Glancing at her, she says, "So, groceries. Where should we get those?"
Thryza thinks, then points at a mom 'n pop grocery store. How'bout that one? It looks nice, small places are pretty good...

Devixer
2013-04-05, 09:27 PM
Market Street

Hildur grins and nods. "Sounds good to me, definitely don't want to go to one of the huge stores."

Beans
2013-04-05, 09:32 PM
[Market Street > Wembley's]
Thryza walks in with her girlfriend, heading for something she sees near a wall. It's a bustling little place, nicely organized.

Devixer
2013-04-05, 09:36 PM
Wembley's

Hildur walks into the small shop, holding her girlfriend's hand. "Okay, coffee. And I guess we should get a cart first."

Beans
2013-04-05, 09:37 PM
[Wembley's]
Thryza grabs a cart, then gets the coffee with a grin.

Devixer
2013-04-05, 09:42 PM
Wembley's

"And you wanted salt, vinegar, and bleach, right?" Hildur asks. "Let's get those next before doing the actual shopping."

Beans
2013-04-05, 09:44 PM
[Wembley's]
Thryza gets each of those in turn before they begin to shop in earnest, looking excited.

Devixer
2013-04-05, 09:48 PM
Wembley's

Hildur is sure to pick up some hygiene items before looking at food, mostly at the meats.

Beans
2013-04-05, 10:07 PM
[Wembley's]
Thryza works on the fruits and veggies while her girlfriend tackles the meats, giving each one a look-over before taking it.

Devixer
2013-04-05, 10:14 PM
Wembley's

Hildur grabs one of everything in terms of meat, before moving on to grab some eggs and bread, grabbing anything that's packed in protein.

Beans
2013-04-05, 10:19 PM
[Wembley's]
Soon their cart is full; Thryza giggles. Ready!

Devixer
2013-04-05, 10:39 PM
Wembley's

"Me too," Hildur says with a smile, as she directs their cart to checkout.

Beans
2013-04-05, 10:44 PM
[Wembley's]
Thryza watches as their items are loaded into bags.
Whatcha wanna do after we put these away?

Devixer
2013-04-05, 10:50 PM
Wembley's

"I dunno. Whatever you want, really," Hildur says, getting out some money.

Beans
2013-04-05, 10:55 PM
[Wembley's]
Thryza starts loading the bags into her hypserspace pocket.
Well, let's get home quick so we can put these away, hon.

Devixer
2013-04-05, 11:04 PM
Wembley's

"Of course, love," Hildur says, trying to take Thyrza's arm when she's finished getting the bags.

Felandria
2013-04-05, 11:06 PM
Gilded Sword
"Well, probably not that specific Zeus. I've met several. One still owes me a few servants..."
He thought it over.
"Did you meet him here in the Nexus..?"

No, this was before I got here.

I gotta say, it's weird, I had SUCH a huge ego before, I mean, look at me.

And yet, I find out I'm a demigod, and suddenly that's stripped away.

I'm sure you understand, it's not an ego thing, but when this happens, you no longer compare yourself to regular people, I used to walk into a tavern and smile if I was the prettiest one there, but now, it doesn't matter, because I'm not one of them anymore, you don't walk around thinking you're better than them, because it's unfair to even try and compare to them.

But when Zeus introduced me to the others, I was awestruck, I mean, these were gods of legend, right in front of me, and in a way, they're family.

And compared to them, I'm nothing.

Of course, they don't say it, but I know.

And there is nothing I want more than to belong.

That's why when Zeus entrusted me and my friends to defend the gates from the evil that sought to destroy them, which would be the end of things where I come from, all the hubris, the ego, the cockiness, simply melted away.

I had a mission, and I was going to see it through.

There was a book, an evil book, when it came through the portal, it brought my father to its knees, a dark cloud came out of the book and it hurt him badly.

Then it came after me.

But the necklace protected me, the darkness couldn't touch me, so I took the book and went to the portal, followed by my friends.

And that's when we went to Hell.

The only way to destroy the book was to toss it into the sleeping mouth of Orcus.

We fought stone giants, Nalfeshnee demons, we passed the test of darkness, crossed the river Styx, thwarted sirens and undead beholders but we made it.

But the moment we stepped through the doorway, forty goblins stood waiting, each with a wand.

Forty Magic Missiles struck me in the chest.

I retreated to heal, I got partway down the staircase when I heard a voice, calling me a pathetic coward.

It was Ares, he said I was unworthy and pulled out a Huge spear.

And he killed me, at least I thought I did, but the moment it pierced my skin, I suddenly found myself back in the Underdark.

With Chance.

He offered me immortality, as his vampire queen.

All I had to do was stay.

But I couldn't.

I'll be honest, I loved him, a small part of me still might, but I simply couldn't abandon my friends and my mission.

So I refused.

He nodded sadly, we said our goodbyes and he sent me back.

But not before giving me something.

A crooked spear.

It crackled with electricity, glowing and lighting the darkness.

I don't know how he got one of Zeus's lightning bolts, but he did.

When I teleported back, I found myself standing right behind Ares as he prepared to kill Vladimir.

So I ran him through with the bolt, and he retreated.

We threw the book in Orcus's mouth and left.

When we returned to Olympus, Zeus thanked us for a job well done, he said I could stay in Olympus if I wished, but I decided to leave and prove myself to him, by ascending and taking my place at his side.

I said goodbye to my friends and came to the Nexus.

They're more than fine, with all the treasure we collected, they went back home and bought the entire village, Vlad and his wife run the tavern, the Druid can be found at the gambling table and the drow returned to her homeland.

And that's how I ended up here.

With you.

Seriously, enough about me.

Please, tell me more about you, the good and the bad.

McBish
2013-04-05, 11:08 PM
[Clock Tower]

Nort is gagged and hopes that this man doesn't mean "take care of" as in he was going to kill him. He hopes that he listens to the other scary dude and keeps him alive.

Beans
2013-04-05, 11:11 PM
Wembley's

"Of course, love," Hildur says, trying to take Thyrza's arm when she's finished getting the bags.

And out they go to the street!

Devixer
2013-04-05, 11:30 PM
Market Street

And unless Thyrza has other ideas, Hildur will be quick in leading her home.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-06, 12:21 AM
Clock Tower

Its Nort's lucky day then. Rather than put a bullet in his skull or a knife to his throat, Lawrence reaches over to untie the gag so Nort can speak. "How bad are you hurt?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-06, 12:48 AM
Black Clad Gentlemen

Oh dear. Pepperjack thinks on it, pretending inspect the rim of his hat. "Theivery is normally not my preference, but if you have include a proper exit in this plan, we could have a fun time."

*Poke TE*

[Gothic House]

[Gothic House]

"Nnnno," Young Star says, vaguely interested. "Why don't you explain all of his secrets in lurid detail." Let's get the villain talking.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-06, 01:18 AM
Black Clad Gentleman

((Bluh. Sorry 'bout this slipping my mind again. I am an insomniac zombie and my brain is mush.))

"Ah. But this is clever plan. No need for escape." Evil smiles are right out when you don't have teeth, but Mel's clawclicking is quite villainous in a way. "People will give us silver and gold. Very clever."

Joe07
2013-04-06, 07:02 AM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

The wounds are all healed again. "Finding some work, huh? What sort of work are you guys interested in?"

" Anything that pays and doesn't involve anything malevolent." Said Kurgen " We were on our way there when you crawled out of the cube. "

happyturtle
2013-04-06, 07:54 AM
Starling's House

Starling's House

Godtok walks in after her, and quietly jabs a thumb against some tiny little recording device affixed to the wall. Well that stinks, now the MagCollective has evidence she's still alive, don't they? Doesn't look like he's going to tell Mara about it though, from the looks of things. Best to just keep quiet about that until it becomes a problem. It's not like MagCorp can spare anyone to deal with the two of them right now anyways, right?

"Figures. A guy with enemies like him, someone's bound to do something like this."

Hopefully there's still something of value to be found here. It'd be a shame if the other clones got all the Starling ruining credit, and Godtok didn't-

"What is that smell?":smallyuk:

Ugh. Something obscenely not-divine was here recently, wasn't it? Not a MagClone, because they don't have that kind of stench, something...something wrong, something awful.

Mara sniffs, then leans down to pick up a dented pillar of wax and sniffs it. "Scented candles? Sandalwood maybe?" :smallconfused: Maybe only a god can smell the Slaaneshi taint. Or maybe Mara's just too close to the scented candle to smell it.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-06, 09:39 AM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger shrugs a bit.
"Well, I wouldn't say crawled so much as 'was violently thrown from' but otherwise yes, that's accurate."

Gullara
2013-04-06, 02:11 PM
[The Pit]

The young man leads her over to and open space at the bar. He leans up against it facing her. He catches one of the bartenders and orders himself a beer then turns back to face here. "I'm Lim. What can I get you? Off the dance floor you don't quite have to yell to be heard as long as you are fairly close to the person you are talking to. Which is necessary sometimes do to how crowded it is here.

[The Pit]

"I'm Ignai. I'll just have what you're having." Ignai says. She's not going to be picky right now. Besides, she doesn't know much about drinks and she's not sure she wants what she had before.

LOTRfan
2013-04-06, 02:13 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

And the blood spills forth from the wounds that have yet again ripped open. The wounds burst open just as an expression of confusion forms on his face. "So you were just going to wander around until you found something?"

Slii Arhem
2013-04-06, 02:34 PM
Metropolis Square

"That's not what Chan means! You should look it up sometime... gah..." as for following this 'sister' home... well, if worse comes to worse, Hae could always ditch this face and fashion. "Well, lead on, then..."

White-Iron Cafe

Sophie will touch down and hang on, not sure what to make of this. "That was... different." She then picks up the menu and examines it.

Metropolis Square

Sophie's menu is sized for pixie-sized patrons, with special typeface so she can read it. The White-Iron is very accommodating that way.

"Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with asking gravity to kind of temporarily move in whatever way I want it to now, at whatever speed I want it to. Makes it easier to get around when I'm feeling lazy." Mintbalm opens to the first page she sees and immediately settles on a strawberry sundae with hot fudge, chopped nuts and cherries. She's got simple tastes.

"So, how I'm thinking this would work is I would focus on you a bit to see if you've got any magic in you, then just try to coax it out of you and let it do its thing. It should be fey magic, which is naturally based, and natural stuff is where my powers developed when I turned into a greater fey."

Metropolis Square -> Tinkerer's Shed

The place that Comp-chan attempts to lead Hae to is paradoxically not very far and as different thematically as you could get from the shopping street. Not even a block out of the square a rustic little tin shed on an otherwise empty plot of land, surrounded by a dull rust-brown chain-link fence, exists. Comp-chan briefly shrinks down and walks through a Comp-chan sized hole in the fence and opens the gate from the inside, gesturing with a stubby arm for Hae to follow her. The shed is open, and has a number of eclectic work tools and old machines scattered about inside. There are vices and hand tools to begin with, but there's even a few salvaged computers hooked together as well as what looks like an electric kiln.

In the corner is a surprisingly clean single bed, covered in plastic to keep the mattress from molding. Apart from that it's pretty sparse on creature comforts.

"Here is home! Home is here! What do you think Hae-chan?" The robot sing-songs cheerily.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-06, 02:48 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Hae looks around a bit. "Who lives here?" she asks, on the chance that "Comp-chan" doesn't live alone....

White-Iron Cafe

After thinking a bit, Sophie orders a properly-sized sandwich. Well, it will be a large sandwich, but it's a pixie-sized large sandwich.

"That makes sense, I guess. Find a place out of the way and poke my energy, see what happens."

Halae
2013-04-06, 03:03 PM
[White-Iron Cafe]

"A delectible dish. I've had it once myself here," there comes a voice from above and to the right of Sophie, and if she turns to look, the speaker will faze out of invisibility. It's a small man, slightly taller than Sophie. He has deep red skin, like the color of blood, a pair of back-sweeping horns protruding from his forehead to go over his white hair, a pair of wings that wouldn't support his weight if he were larger than he is, and a tail with a barb at the end, "But the last time I was here, I didn't have the pleasure of seeing a woman like you here."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-06, 03:16 PM
[White-Iron Cafe]

"A delectible dish. I've had it once myself here," there comes a voice from above and to the right of Sophie, and if she turns to look, the speaker will faze out of invisibility. It's a small man, slightly taller than Sophie. He has deep red skin, like the color of blood, a pair of back-sweeping horns protruding from his forehead to go over his white hair, a pair of wings that wouldn't support his weight if he were larger than he is, and a tail with a barb at the end, "But the last time I was here, I didn't have the pleasure of seeing a woman like you here."

Tinkerer's Shed

Hae looks around a bit. "Who lives here?" she asks, on the chance that "Comp-chan" doesn't live alone....

White-Iron Cafe

After thinking a bit, Sophie orders a properly-sized sandwich. Well, it will be a large sandwich, but it's a pixie-sized large sandwich.

"That makes sense, I guess. Find a place out of the way and poke my energy, see what happens."

Tinkerer's Shed

There is a moment of processing before Comp-chan predictably shouts out, "Comp-chan lives here! Miss Hae-chan lives here! Yay!"

White-Iron Cafe

Mintbalm wrinkles her nose at the otherness of the little devil who just appeared. To her new senses, being near something like him is like finding out a new allergy you never knew existed.

"I don't suppose if I said your name backwards you'd unappear on us, would you? She asks sweetly, with a hint of an edge to her voice.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-06, 03:32 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"And no one else? Okay... it seems a little small and empty." That's an understatement. Hae is eyeing the tools...

White-Iron Cafe

"Nah, you just need to wait for him to put his foot in his mouth and then leave while he's gagging." Sophie does not give any further comments.

Halae
2013-04-06, 03:40 PM
[White Iron-Cafe]

Since I forgot to mention it before, the imp is currently wearing a pair of pixie sized jeans and a sleeveless shirt with the back cut out to allow his wings free movement. No footwear, though.

"Come now, I'm not about to be offensive to those present. Can't a guy approach a beautiful woman without fear of being shunted away?"

Slii Arhem
2013-04-06, 03:46 PM
White-Iron Cafe

With a sigh, Mintbalm digs into her sundae and turns off her supernatural senses. No convincing the guy to leave without disrupting the meal even further, so she'll just go with it.

"Well, we were in the middle of a private conversation, so just 'porting in like that was kind of rude." She points out, not sounding offended but at best neutral for the time being.

Tinkerer's Shed

"Yes! Absolutely! No-one but Hae-chan and Comp-chan live here anymore!" Comp-chan tries to reach out to Hae, cylindrical fingers extending out of the circles on the ends of her arms in an attempt to grab and twirl the woman around with simulated glee.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-06, 04:04 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Well, Anytime you want to talk to someone you risk that, yes. That's kind of the risk of talking to people." Sophie is not impressed.

Tinkerer's Shed

Hae avoids the twirl for now, as she has a question, "...anymore?" Hae is hoping for a nice way to just walk away from this, but... something seems off here.

McBish
2013-04-06, 07:12 PM
Clock Tower

Its Nort's lucky day then. Rather than put a bullet in his skull or a knife to his throat, Lawrence reaches over to untie the gag so Nort can speak. "How bad are you hurt?"

"Less then I was when I passed out." His clothes show the signs of being stabbed violently several times. His body has apparently been healed since then. "He did something to me. A cable in the back of my neck. What did he do?" The man is obviously terrified. He manages to remain somewhat coherent though, despite often glaring into empty space, sometimes nodding slightly.

-----------------------------

[Gothic House]

"Nnnno," Young Star says, vaguely interested. "Why don't you explain all of his secrets in lurid detail." Let's get the villain talking.

Getting the villains talking is always a good plan for a hero. Calvin isn't a hero. He steps into the room his eyes suddenly sharp, recognition flashing in them. "You are the one who put the spell on me. You were there when the people started attacking me." It's getting close to the time to finish this. No need for this conversation to head down unnecessary paths.

-----------------------

[The Pit]

"I'm Ignai. I'll just have what you're having." Ignai says. She's not going to be picky right now. Besides, she doesn't know much about drinks and she's not sure she wants what she had before.

He gets another beer for her. If she was able to stomach what Astrid was drinking earlier this should be no problem. "It's great to meet you Ignai. Do you come here often, everyone seems to know your friend? Though I must admit she does seem to stand out." He smiles standing closer then he needs to, using the loud music as an excuse.

Astrid out on the dance floor is indeed a spot of bright color in a dark sea of bodies. The bright lights over the dance floor often add more color but there are times where you could spot her from anywhere in the club. She has joined up with a small group of people dancing together. Every now and then she glances over to the bar making sure Ignai is still doing OK. Jen the bartender somehow spots this and sticks close to the section of the bar Ignai is standing at.

Mindfreak
2013-04-06, 07:34 PM
Gilded Sword
"Unless you want to be here till you die, you've gotta give me some sort of time period. I've been alive since that beginning, that's a lot of good and bad!" he said with a smile and a chuckle.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-06, 07:48 PM
Clock Tower

"Nothing too horrible. You should be alright." Lawrence moves around and out of sight, and Nort should feel the ropes holding him loosen. "If I untie you and you run, I will have to shoot you. Understood?"

McBish
2013-04-06, 07:58 PM
Clock Tower

Nort nods though he doesn't understand at all. He remains seated even after the ropes are off. "Please I won't tell anyone if you let me go. I just want to go back to my work."

Felandria
2013-04-06, 08:24 PM
Gilded Sword
"Unless you want to be here till you die, you've gotta give me some sort of time period. I've been alive since that beginning, that's a lot of good and bad!" he said with a smile and a chuckle.

Alright, tell me about when you were young, how did you handle having that kind of power before you matured?

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-06, 09:26 PM
Clock Tower

Lawrence doesn't answer that question. "So, I heard you were a physicist?" In a matter of maybe a minute, Nort's been spared a grisly death and been freed of his shackles. Sounds like the other shoe's about to drop.

McBish
2013-04-06, 09:35 PM
Clock Tower

"Yes. Particle mostly a bit of quantum. Why?" Nort swallows not enjoying the direction of the night. It is much better then being blown up. Still it is a far way from being let go.

Lord Magtok
2013-04-06, 10:57 PM
Starling's House

Starling's House

Mara sniffs, then leans down to pick up a dented pillar of wax and sniffs it. "Scented candles? Sandalwood maybe?" :smallconfused: Maybe only a god can smell the Slaaneshi taint. Or maybe Mara's just too close to the scented candle to smell it.

"Maybe," Godtok reluctantly concedes. He was probably just imagining that otherworldly smell. I mean, it'd just be too convenient if Starling turned out to be a demon or a space monster or a robot, wouldn't it? Life is never that easy.

"Let's have a look around anyways. I'm sure whoever was here first must've missed something of value."

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-06, 11:47 PM
Clock Tower

"We could use someone like that." Whoo boy. There's the other foot alright, coming down hard.

Gullara
2013-04-06, 11:55 PM
[The Pit]

He gets another beer for her. If she was able to stomach what Astrid was drinking earlier this should be no problem. "It's great to meet you Ignai. Do you come here often, everyone seems to know your friend? Though I must admit she does seem to stand out." He smiles standing closer then he needs to, using the loud music as an excuse.

Astrid out on the dance floor is indeed a spot of bright color in a dark sea of bodies. The bright lights over the dance floor often add more color but there are times where you could spot her from anywhere in the club. She has joined up with a small group of people dancing together. Every now and then she glances over to the bar making sure Ignai is still doing OK. Jen the bartender somehow spots this and sticks close to the section of the bar Ignai is standing at.

[The Pit]

"Yeah, she's something else." Ignai glances in Astrid's direction. "This is my first time here. I somehow never heard of this place before she invited me to this show. It's pretty awesome." She doesn't seem to mind how close Lim is standing.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-07, 01:30 PM
[Gothic House]

Getting the villains talking is always a good plan for a hero. Calvin isn't a hero. He steps into the room his eyes suddenly sharp, recognition flashing in them. "You are the one who put the spell on me. You were there when the people started attacking me." It's getting close to the time to finish this. No need for this conversation to head down unnecessary paths.

Gothic House

"I was more curious to the why, but I guess it's only right to respect your privacy," Young Star shrugs. It's not like there was going to be some sudden revelation that would suddenly make him turn on Calvin. They still involved civilians which means they have to be stopped. Of course, now he's a little suspicious. Cal's uncle is probably a crime boss, it happens all the time. "I think it's time we be on our way. Sooo, do you want to knock yourself out orrrr..."

Black Clad Gentleman

((Bluh. Sorry 'bout this slipping my mind again. I am an insomniac zombie and my brain is mush.))

"Ah. But this is clever plan. No need for escape." Evil smiles are right out when you don't have teeth, but Mel's clawclicking is quite villainous in a way. "People will give us silver and gold. Very clever."

Black Clad Gentleman

"A con then? My that is clever." Pepper jack leans in conspiratorially with the prawn. "How will you make people part with their gold?"

McBish
2013-04-07, 01:50 PM
Gothic House

The man starts to speak again shaking his head but is cut off. There is a booming sound from somewhere below them and smoke quickly starts to fill up the entire house. Seems the item Calvin lowered into the chimmney back when they just got there was some sort of smoke bomb. This smoke is a powerful sleeping agent if inhaled. Calvin seems to be holding his breath.

The room they are standing in suddenly changes. It seems like the illusion that covered this floor has vanished, the figure that they were talking to disappears as well. Now in a bare 2nd floor it is easy to spot a staircase leading down to the first floor at the end of the hall. Calvin quickly moves towards it, barely bothering to see if Young Star manages to avoid passing out due to the smoke.

--------------------------------------

[Clock Tower]

That wasn't the anwser that Nort was hoping to hear. "You could? What for"" It is also a bit weird for anyone to care about his work, let alone want him to do work for them.

-------------------------------

[The Pit]

"Well you picked a good night to come here. The band is great tonight. I'm not too surprised you haven't heard of this place before, this city is huge and there is so much stuff here. I'm just visiting on vacation." Lim explains drinking his beer.

Gullara
2013-04-07, 01:56 PM
[The Pit]

"Yeah, I know right? I haven't been living here for that long, so I definitely haven't had a chance to see too much." Not to mention she hasn't exactly been in many social circles for a while now. "So you're visiting, huh? Where're you from?"

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 03:50 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Hae avoids the twirl for now, as she has a question, "...anymore?" Hae is hoping for a nice way to just walk away from this, but... something seems off here.

Tinkerer's Shed

"Yes! Anymore! Do you not understand what that means, or am I not using it right?" Looks like Comp-chan is going back into definition mode since she can't discern what Hae was asking contextually.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 03:56 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"Yes. I know what it means. It means that someone else used to live here. Who was that? Where did they go?"

She wants to know the story behind this, even if she has to pull it from this robot one bit at a time.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 04:13 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"Yes. I know what it means. It means that someone else used to live here. Who was that? Where did they go?"

She wants to know the story behind this, even if she has to pull it from this robot one bit at a time.

Tinkerer's Shed

"Oh! Yes! Joseph lived there, on the bed. And then he made me! And then he said I was his sister Comp-chan, and taught me things!" Comp-chan twirls on her own, not attempting to incorporate Hae into it this time. Whether she actually learned that the woman doesn't want to be twirled or she just has two twirl modes she selects from at random intervals isn't apparent.

"And then he stopped living there, on the bed. And now Hae-chan lives here!"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 04:17 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"Why did he stop living here? Where did he go?" He died but she doesn't understand death, is what Hae thinks. She isn't actually sure of it, but it's what she thinks.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 04:32 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"Why did he stop living here? Where did he go?" He died but she doesn't understand death, is what Hae thinks. She isn't actually sure of it, but it's what she thinks.

Tinkerer's Shed

"He stopped living. Here. On the bed." Comp-chan replied simply. If it were possible for her to sound confused, or even express confusion at all, she'd likely be doing so right now. Instead she synthesizes a hum so she can swing her arms back and forth, humming a tune to herself.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 05:11 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Ah. "Why did he stop living? Do you know?"

Hae is starting to get tired of Comp-chan. As soon as she gets a straight answer, or is convinced that she won't get one, she'll probably leave...

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 05:15 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Ah. "Why did he stop living? Do you know?"

Hae is starting to get tired of Comp-chan. As soon as she gets a straight answer, or is convinced that she won't get one, she'll probably leave...

Tinkerer's Shed

"He wasn't a good little boy. So he got old and then stopped living. Good little boys and girls get to stay young forever!" She asserts cheerfully before taking a moment to process something internally.

"You have expressed a lot of interest in Joseph! Would you like to see a picture of him?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 05:18 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"I would, yes," Hae says, not going about correcting Comp-chan's odd belief right now. She will hope that it won't hurt anyone in the future...

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 05:20 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

"I would, yes," Hae says, not going about correcting Comp-chan's odd belief right now. She will hope that it won't hurt anyone in the future...

Tinkerer's Shed

Comp-chan toddles over to a cabinet and takes a dust-covered framed photograph off of the very top of it. Without attempting to remove the dust, she turns and presents it to Hae proudly.

"Here is a picture of Joseph! See it!"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 05:24 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Oh. Hae will try to blow the dust off of the picture, or wipe it off carefully if the dust is too thick, and look at the picture of Joseph.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 05:28 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Oh. Hae will try to blow the dust off of the picture, or wipe it off carefully if the dust is too thick, and look at the picture of Joseph.

Tinkerer's Shed

It's quite thick, but Comp-chan doesn't protest to the dust being wiped off. Underneath the grime there is a picture of a very young man, likely in his early teens, with bright blonde hair and blue eyes. Standing shyly behind him is an even younger girl bearing a bit of familial resemblance, smiling just a bit as she tightly grasps his pant leg.

The picture is quite old, and obviously well handled before being put behind the frame. The only parts of it that aren't indistinct with age are the two children in the center, more well cared for than the rest of the photo around them.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 05:32 PM
Tinkerer's Shed

Huh... That's kind of touching, actaully. "Who is the girl in the picture? You haven't said anything about her."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 05:36 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

"That's Comp-chan!" She exclaims with the exact same amount of manufactured glee as every other statement she's made.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 06:20 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

Ohhhh.

"It doesn't look much like you. Do you know what happened?"

Hae would like to get verification on what she suspects.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-07, 07:04 PM
[From Bad to Wormholes]

And the blood spills forth from the wounds that have yet again ripped open. The wounds burst open just as an expression of confusion forms on his face. "So you were just going to wander around until you found something?"

Krayger shakes his head a bit. "C'mon, give me some credit. We had some plan, even if it wasn't a great one. Kurgen wanted to try Watch, so at least there was a starting point."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 07:07 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

Ohhhh.

"It doesn't look much like you. Do you know what happened?"

Hae would like to get verification on what she suspects.

Tinkerer's Workshop

"Joseph was somewhere else, with me, and then he came here but I didn't. And he was lonely, so he built me here so I could be here with him! And then he stopped living here on the bed, and then I found you, and now we're sisters!" That's quite the abridged history.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 07:14 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

It's a replacement little sister robot that outlived its creator. That's sad... it really is. It's a pity that this little robot couldn't understand what was going on... Hae wonders if Joseph was happy with the replacement. Well, it was time for the greatest feat of getting this robot to understand life that has yet been attempted.

"Comp-chan... I'm sorry, but I can't be your sister."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-07, 07:23 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

"Oh! Okay! Time for Comp-chan to find a new sister then! Hey Miss Hae, would you like a new sister?" The robot is apparently undeterred. Hae might get the feeling this isn't the first time she's been turned down since Joseph stopped living.

Either that or it's just not in her limited programming to simulate neglect, or accept the fact that she'll likely never again have a family.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-07, 07:30 PM
Tinkerer's Workshop

"No, I'm afraid not, Comp-chan. I should be going now." Hae will turn to go, and will walk out if she can. This was all kind of sad, really... the little robot, caught in an odd loop. It all feels rather pointless... ah, well...

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-07, 09:04 PM
Clock Tower

"We have schematics for this device. It does... stuff, stuff involving interspatial travel." Lawrence walks back into view, with a pistol in hand now. "All we need is someone who gets that kind of stuff." And that's you, Nort.

Black Clad Gentleman

"It's clever. Human's don't know mer magic. So we sell them magic. But the magic leaves and we don't tell them that." Oh, Barnum would be proud.

Y'know, if Barnum somehow arrived in the Nexus without immediately suffering a glee-induced heartsplosion.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-07, 09:11 PM
Clock Tower

Enshadu grins and puts his hands together. Poor Nort will notice Enshadu grinning horribly, in one of the most evil villain smiles ever in The Nexus. The exact facial expression of Calublufiok. I'll get to know you better...Hehe.

McBish
2013-04-08, 12:50 AM
Clock Tower

Nort looks between Lawrence and Enshadu and seems to decide he likes Lawrence's silent threat with the gun. "I am not sure if I can help. But of course I can try." If he can help these people maybe they will let him go. Or at least stop sticking things into is brain.

------------------

[The Pit]

"A city called Hanton. It is pretty far from here me and a couple of friends flew into the city. It isn't nearly as exciting as this place." Lim smiles at Ignai leaning in a bit closer. "You have beautiful eyes. Has anyone told you that before."

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-08, 01:21 AM
Clock Tower

"Glad to hear it. You can get up and walk around if you like." Lawrence tucks the gun into belt, moving to examine the cameras Enshadu set up. "Do you have a lab somewhere?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-08, 11:23 AM
Black Clad Gentleman

"It's clever. Human's don't know mer magic. So we sell them magic. But the magic leaves and we don't tell them that." Oh, Barnum would be proud.

Y'know, if Barnum somehow arrived in the Nexus without immediately suffering a glee-induced heartsplosion.

[Black Clad Gentleman]

That has potential, but just what he knows of Melbourne there is likely something missing. "How long will the spells last? Presumably long enough for us to finish for the day and go home before they get together as an angry mob."

Gothic House

The man starts to speak again shaking his head but is cut off. There is a booming sound from somewhere below them and smoke quickly starts to fill up the entire house. Seems the item Calvin lowered into the chimmney back when they just got there was some sort of smoke bomb. This smoke is a powerful sleeping agent if inhaled. Calvin seems to be holding his breath.

The room they are standing in suddenly changes. It seems like the illusion that covered this floor has vanished, the figure that they were talking to disappears as well. Now in a bare 2nd floor it is easy to spot a staircase leading down to the first floor at the end of the hall. Calvin quickly moves towards it, barely bothering to see if Young Star manages to avoid passing out due to the smoke.

Gothic House

No time for angry words, Young Star claps his hand over his mouth and nose and chases after Calvin. An explanation is warranted, and Youmg Star isn't going to get one breathing in whatever gases.

McBish
2013-04-08, 12:21 PM
Gothic House

Calvin makes his way downstairs holding his breath quickly dashing around looking for something in the smoke filled house. It is quickly dispensing, probably will be all gone in a minute. It doesn't seem that they will need too long. The house is almost completely empty and downstairs there is a man who was sitting at a table who collapsed in the smoke. Calvin moves to scoop him up to carry him out.

-------------------------------

Clock Tower

Nort slowly stands up to back away from Enshadu. "No. Most of my work is theoretical. Sometimes I use a lab in the city." Most of the time when he needs to do some sort of experiment he uses the device he stole to get here. He doesn't plan on bringing up the device in an attempt to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. Of course with the recent mind download keeping it hidden will be hard.

He double checks himself to see if any of his wounds are still there. One hand goes to the back of his neck where the cord went in.

Gullara
2013-04-08, 12:40 PM
[The Pit]

"A city called Hanton. It is pretty far from here me and a couple of friends flew into the city. It isn't nearly as exciting as this place." Lim smiles at Ignai leaning in a bit closer. "You have beautiful eyes. Has anyone told you that before."

[The Pit]

"Would you believe me if I told you no?" Ignai looks down, blushing hotly. Her eyes have always been a mark of her curse. She always seen them as ugly. Coupled with the raw, red skin around them, the compliment is unexpected. Still... it's nice. "Thanks, though." She looks up again and gives him a small smile.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-08, 01:37 PM
Clock Tower

Nort slowly stands up to back away from Enshadu. "No. Most of my work is theoretical. Sometimes I use a lab in the city." Most of the time when he needs to do some sort of experiment he uses the device he stole to get here. He doesn't plan on bringing up the device in an attempt to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. Of course with the recent mind download keeping it hidden will be hard.

He double checks himself to see if any of his wounds are still there. One hand goes to the back of his neck where the cord went in.

The wound is still there, but cauterized and sterile, so he won't feel pain due to his nerves being burnt away. Enshadu speaks now to the Excelsior soldier. He could use my laboratory. Also, he has a special device I'd just love to get my hands on. It would e very useful to us. He once stole a machine, it does a bunch of cool stuff.

Where is it Norty? Tell me or I could just go back into your head and cause you...great pain.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-08, 01:49 PM
Inside Imperial Headquaters

A flickering, illusionary version of Marciano Louv're shows up here, waiting at the door, gate, or whatever is here. He looks much different, he's human sized and albino, seeing as his chassis is completely artificial and contains no pigment. He has a bullet wound in his chest from that assassin, but it caused no lasting harm. He stands and speaks. Heeello? Anyone here?

Darkcomet
2013-04-08, 02:14 PM
[Formerly IA HQ]

The site isn't so much a building as where a building once was, now. The base itself is gone, as most Imperial holdings were after the vanishing. Now it is but an empty area, one that feels strangely eerie, which is likely what has prevented development in the area.

So there's nowhere to really be inside of.

A small, spherical drone floats down, and projects a hologram of its own-that of a particular former Emperor that once ruled from this place.

"No, but I have always had a weakness for holoprojectors and the like, so good on you. What type is that, incidentally?"

happyturtle
2013-04-08, 02:46 PM
Starling's House

Starling's House

"Maybe," Godtok reluctantly concedes. He was probably just imagining that otherworldly smell. I mean, it'd just be too convenient if Starling turned out to be a demon or a space monster or a robot, wouldn't it? Life is never that easy.

"Let's have a look around anyways. I'm sure whoever was here first must've missed something of value."

Mara kicks some pieces of broken coffee table out of the way. "Careful. There's glass." she says. Oh hey, some of it seems to have a little blood on it. As Godtok looks around, he might find all sorts of stuff. It looks like whoever was here before stuck with ransacking rather than looting.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-08, 05:45 PM
Clock Tower

"Uh-huh." There's something dangerous in the flat acknowledgement. And he isn't ordering Enshadu to back down this time. "I'd also like to hear all bout this device."

Black Clad Gentlemen

"Mhhm. Very clever." Mel puffs out his chest proudly, thumping a claw proudly. "But, need someone who talks well."

Mindfreak
2013-04-08, 06:00 PM
Alright, tell me about when you were young, how did you handle having that kind of power before you matured?
Gilded Sword
"Like I said, house of endless carnal pleasures.":smalltongue:
"Well, that and lots of kids. Like, hundreds. I really couldn't stay under control back then."

McBish
2013-04-08, 06:14 PM
Clock Tower

"It is a piece of advantage technology I took to open a portal here to the Nexus. I'm not sure entirely sure how it works. It has been helpful in my work though. It's hidden now. I would need my map with my stuff to calculate where it will reappear."

Nort was careful with the device, to find it he needs a specific map and a mathematical formula he has memorized. It reappears for short periods of time following an all but impossible to predict pattern.

"It is useful for observing strange quantum phenomenon."

---------------------

[The Pit]

Lim leans in just a bit closer to her as she smiles. "They are unique, and very beautiful like the rest of you." Suddenly he blushes slightly trying to hide the fact by taking a quick drink.

Felandria
2013-04-08, 11:29 PM
Gilded Sword
"Like I said, house of endless carnal pleasures.":smalltongue:
"Well, that and lots of kids. Like, hundreds. I really couldn't stay under control back then."

Felandria laughs.

Well, consider who you're talking to.

My father wasn't exactly chaste.

How'd your kids turn out?

Gullara
2013-04-09, 12:44 AM
[The Pit]

It's Ignai's turn to lean closer. They must be very close by now. Her face isn't getting any less red, but she's working up some confidence. "What do you think about my lips?" She asks invitingly. Her heart is pounding in her chest. Did she really just say that? Where'd that come from?

Zefir
2013-04-09, 02:07 AM
[DMC 2.0]

We'll see... :smallamused:

Yuki follows her in, eyes flickering around the room with wonder. Managing to suppress the stream of questions and comments, he nods to Mia and smiles slightly. "Are those the nanites?"

[DMC 2.0]

"Yes, at least some of them. I don't keep a hugh amount since they are rather effective. 1/4 of this char is able to repair an eye. For example."

Mia appears a bit proud about them. they may be using Deus Mechanicus Devine power, but still they are her invention.

McBish
2013-04-09, 09:21 AM
[The Pit]

It's Ignai's turn to lean closer. They must be very close by now. Her face isn't getting any less red, but she's working up some confidence. "What do you think about my lips?" She asks invitingly. Her heart is pounding in her chest. Did she really just say that? Where'd that come from?

Lim eyebrows pop up in surprise and he leans in for a kiss. Not a very long one but definitly very friendly. One hand going to her waist to pull her close for the brief time they kiss. He takes a step back watching her to see how she reacts.

Gullara
2013-04-09, 09:54 AM
[The Pit]

Lim will discover that Ignai is an inexperienced kisser, but judging by the look on her face, she sure enjoyed it. "I'll take that as you like them." The elf giggles. She's wondering why she was ever apprehensive about coming here.

That is, until the first sounds of people reacting to the small fire, that sprung up a short distance away, reach her ears. Ignai's good mood is shattered, rapidly replaced with a look of utter dismay.

McBish
2013-04-09, 10:03 AM
[The Pit]

Lim looks over his shoulder when he hears people cry out in surprise. Turning back to Ignai he sees the look of dismay on her face. He frowns, "What's wrong?" He seems confused and isn't connecting the fire to her yet.

One of the bartenders is fairly quick pulling out a fire extinguisher to put out the fire. Astrid somehow noticed what is going on and quickly left the group she was dancing with to start to make her way to Ignai.

Gullara
2013-04-09, 10:32 AM
[The Pit]

"I'm sorry, I have to get out of here." Ignai runs toward the door, pushing her way past people where she needs to. A couple more fires spring up as she flees. One on the bar, another on someone's sleeve.

By the time she's outside, tears are streaming down her face. She stumbles a bit away from the building and drops onto her knees, not caring that she's scraped her knees. She puts her face in her hands, trying to stem the tears and muster some control. But still fires pop up around her.

McBish
2013-04-09, 11:10 AM
[The Pit]

Astrid chases after her friend doing her best to help with the fires that spring up. She really needs to work on her ablity to put out fires. Right now she mainly can just pull them away from people. She is more concerned with following Ignai as well so she leaves the bartenders and bouncers to put out the fires that popped up.

She exits the building less then a minute behind her and quickly rushes over to her. Pushing past the two big bouncers who look like they were about to get up to aproach crying girl and are relived they don't have to.

"Ignai, it's OK." Astrid tries to kneel down next to the other girl to put her arms around her.

Gullara
2013-04-09, 12:08 PM
[The Pit]

Ignai clings to Astrid and sobs into her shoulder. "I'm a freak. A dangerous freak. I shouldn't be allowed near anyone." She says between sobs. The fires aren't getting any better, but at least they're mostly appearing on the pavement where they can't do any harm.

McBish
2013-04-09, 12:32 PM
[The Pit-Outisde]

"No you are not. You just have an out of control power. You aren't a freak." Astrid holds onto Ignai tight gently stroking her hair hopefully in a calming way. She keeps her eyes on the fires popping into existance wanting to make sure no one gets hurt. The bouncers seem to be OK with letting Astrid handle the fire starting girl. They keep their distance.

Ashen Lilies
2013-04-09, 01:50 PM
[Some Telephone Place]

"Books quiet differ in their informations. Most of them belonged to other worlds and have differetn typs of dragon mentioned. I'm just curiouse that I might know more thatn you do about your own race and I didn't study dragons."

"Because every member of a species automatically knows how to raise babies. Maaaaaan, I don't even want to think about that sort of thing.

Babies are gross. :smallyuk:
And Jazirian lives at GLoG too. >.<

"So yeah. Sorry I can't help, but... I can't help."

Joe07
2013-04-09, 02:15 PM
Krayger shakes his head a bit. "C'mon, give me some credit. We had some plan, even if it wasn't a great one. Kurgen wanted to try Watch, so at least there was a starting point."
Kurgen nodded
" Indeed we were proceeding to find a way to get to their base when you appeared. Of course now I think of it you're probably best coming with us, they could probably help you find whoever stuffed you into that cube." Kurgen reasoned

Gullara
2013-04-09, 02:37 PM
[The Pit - Outisde]

Gradually as Ignai calms and the tears cease, the fires will stop appearing and then go out altogether. She'll sit there a while long before she looks up at Astrid. "I am dangerous, though. To you and everyone else. I'm so tired of this. So tired of being alone."

McBish
2013-04-09, 02:49 PM
[The Pit - Outisde]

"Well you aren't alone, I'm here with you. The fires aren't going to scare me away." She gives Ignai another hug before standing back up on her feet and offering the other girl a hand up. "Come on let's head home." She figures the other girl won't be interested in going back in after her little outburst.

Gullara
2013-04-09, 03:39 PM
[The Pit - Outisde]

Ignai gives Astrid a grateful smile. She takes her hand and gets up. There's blood on her knees and the knee of her left pants leg is torn. She doesn't seem that concerned about it, though. It just hurts a bit. "Sorry for ruining the show for you." She says, ashamed.

McBish
2013-04-09, 04:08 PM
[Outside The Pit]

"Don't worry about it. The show won't be going on for much longer." Sure they might miss a finale but they can beat the crowd on the way out. Astrid notices the blood and crouches back down so she can take a look at it. If it is bleeding a lot she will want to take care of it. "You're bleeding."

OrchestraHc
2013-04-09, 04:10 PM
Black Clad Gentlemen

"Mhhm. Very clever." Mel puffs out his chest proudly, thumping a claw proudly. "But, need someone who talks well."

Black Clad Gentleman

Pepperjack nods with understanding. "I see. You need someone to convince people to take our spells." As if his sparkling personality wouldn't get him customers (my thoughts not Fred's... mostly). "Well if you'd like a salesman, I suppose a foray into con games wouldn't hurt." Actually just selling day long enchantments might be a simpler business plan than a con, but why ruin the little crab's fun.

Gothic House

Calvin makes his way downstairs holding his breath quickly dashing around looking for something in the smoke filled house. It is quickly dispensing, probably will be all gone in a minute. It doesn't seem that they will need too long. The house is almost completely empty and downstairs there is a man who was sitting at a table who collapsed in the smoke. Calvin moves to scoop him up to carry him out.

Gothic House

Calvin and the man he is trying to lift may both be picked up and carried out of the nearest kickable window. The sooner they leave the sooner Calvin will answer all of Young Star's questions. He was way too prepared for the smokebomb. In his mind, it was officially a bad idea for him to bring Calvin.

LOTRfan
2013-04-09, 09:01 PM
Kurgen nodded
" Indeed we were proceeding to find a way to get to their base when you appeared. Of course now I think of it you're probably best coming with us, they could probably help you find whoever stuffed you into that cube." Kurgen reasoned

"Oh, I know who trapped me in the cube, and to be honest I sure as hell don't want to find him again." Dabar replies, a bit uncomfortably. "And Watch?" He thinks for a minute, because the name does sound familiar... "The organization against world-scale threats, right?"

Deathkeeper
2013-04-09, 09:07 PM
"Oh, I know who trapped me in the cube, and to be honest I sure as hell don't want to find him again." Dabar replies, a bit uncomfortably. "And Watch?" He thinks for a minute, because the name does sound familiar... "The organization against world-scale threats, right?"

From Bad to Wormholes

"Admittedly, I probably wouldn't want to, either. And yes, that's what it is."
Usually avoiding powerful mages that want you just barely better than dead is high on my priority list.

Gullara
2013-04-09, 09:22 PM
[Outside The Pit]

"Don't worry about it. The show won't be going on for much longer." Sure they might miss a finale but they can beat the crowd on the way out. Astrid notices the blood and crouches back down so she can take a look at it. If it is bleeding a lot she will want to take care of it. "You're bleeding."

[Outside The Pit]

"Oh yeah. It doesn't hurt too bad." Ignai flushes red. A part of her can't wrap her head around why Astrid cares as much as she does, but it sure is nice.

As for the wounds, there's blood staining each knee pretty badly, but only because she'd been kneeling for a while. The damage isn't very severe, though the one where her pants tore is embedded with dirt and small rocks.

McBish
2013-04-10, 10:28 AM
[Outside The Pit]

Astrid will gently try to pick off any small rocks and gently blows on the wound trying to get some of the dust off. She stands up smiling. "It doesn't look bad but we should wash it up." She turns towards the bouncers and asks one of them to run in and get some water and a clean towel.

Gothic House

It's funny because as soon as he is scooped up he is thinking that it was a terrible idea to bring along Young Star. Actually the first thing he does is resist the instincit to attack someone who grabbed him suddenly. Young Star might feel him tense or see him twitch in such a way that suggests that Calvin was about to attack. But it is easy enough to carry the two men out through a window.

Clock Tower

"It is a piece of advantage technology I took to open a portal here to the Nexus. I'm not sure entirely sure how it works. It has been helpful in my work though. It's hidden now. I would need my map with my stuff to calculate where it will reappear."

Nort was careful with the device, to find it he needs a specific map and a mathematical formula he has memorized. It reappears for short periods of time following an all but impossible to predict pattern.

Gullara
2013-04-10, 12:07 PM
[Outside The Pit]

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." Ignai says sheepishly. She looks down at her knees, really paying attention to them for the first time. She'd been too occupied paying attention to Astrid before. Looks like the pants are a mess now, and these were her good pair too.

McBish
2013-04-10, 12:22 PM
[Outside The Pit]

Astrid smiles sadly at Ignai. She had wanted to give her friend a fun night out. Take her mind off her problems. Seems like she failed on that account. She wishes she could help more with her out of control powers. Astrid never had that much of a problem with them. If anything she froze up and couldn't use her powers if she was too flustered. Maybe she should have paid more attention to what Sigil was trying to teach her. Oh well, at least there aren't anymore fires popping up and it seems like no one was hurt inside. She'd probably have to explain to someone eventually, just not tonight.

The bouncer returns with a small first aid kit and hands it to Astrid who kneels down again to clean the wounds up. When she is finished she stands up and brushes the dust off her dress. "Come on we can catch the bus back home."

Gullara
2013-04-10, 12:39 PM
[Outside The Pit]

Ignai nods and walks alongside Astrid as they head to the bus stop. "I did have a good time tonight." She suddenly says after some silence. "Before the end I mean. I was having fun."

McBish
2013-04-10, 12:43 PM
[Train Home]

Astrid face brightens and she smiles. "Good. The band was really good weren't they. I can't wait until they play again. And I saw you dancing with that cute guy and getting a drink with him." Astrid seems curious, but won't push too hard. It didn't escape her mind that he was the one talking to her when she freaked out.

Zefir
2013-04-10, 01:58 PM
"Because every member of a species automatically knows how to raise babies. Maaaaaan, I don't even want to think about that sort of thing.

Babies are gross. :smallyuk:
And Jazirian lives at GLoG too. >.<

"So yeah. Sorry I can't help, but... I can't help."
[Phone]

"Well every member of a race WAS a baby or shild. Well at least this call brought some new informations as well. Thanks for the time."
This may sound more insulting then it should have meant, taking the mood the other person is right now.

Gullara
2013-04-10, 02:58 PM
[Train Home]

"Yeah, he was nice." Ignai looks down at her hands. "And then, um, I kinda kissed him. I know I just met him all that junk, but yeah. And them... well, here we are."

McBish
2013-04-10, 03:46 PM
Train Home

"Well kissing boys can be fun, once we get the whole starting fires thing taken care of you should really get to enjoy it." Astrid grins teasing just a bit in good fun. "The Pit is a good place for it to. Kissing that is. Not too many creeps there and usually plenty of good people to watch out for you." It doesn't pay to kiss creeps, this is pretty clear that Astrid holds that rule pretty close to her heart. Traveling by herself she found plenty of creeps before coming to the Nexus.

Aric Kale
2013-04-10, 03:56 PM
Clock Tower

Zane realizes his job here is done. Unless stopped, he'll raise his hood and leave the tower, finding his way into a dark alleyway. Assuming no one is around, he will press a button on a small, handheld device and disappear.

Morcleon
2013-04-10, 04:05 PM
[DMC 2.0]

"Yes, at least some of them. I don't keep a hugh amount since they are rather effective. 1/4 of this char is able to repair an eye. For example."

Mia appears a bit proud about them. they may be using Deus Mechanicus Devine power, but still they are her invention.

[DMC 2.0]

Leaning in closer to stare at the nanites, Yuki smiles over at Mia. "They really are wonderful. May I...?" He holds out a hand hesitantly.

Mindfreak
2013-04-10, 06:09 PM
Felandria laughs.

Well, consider who you're talking to.

My father wasn't exactly chaste.

How'd your kids turn out?
Gilded Sword
"About the same as most demigods. Some didn't realize their power, some fought with each other, some went mad with power. The ones that wouldn't let themselves be reared in...I killed. And killing your children, even if you're a god, makes you mature fast."
He sighed.
"Haven't really tried for kids since then."

Gullara
2013-04-10, 06:31 PM
Train Home

"Well kissing boys can be fun, once we get the whole starting fires thing taken care of you should really get to enjoy it." Astrid grins teasing just a bit in good fun. "The Pit is a good place for it to. Kissing that is. Not too many creeps there and usually plenty of good people to watch out for you." It doesn't pay to kiss creeps, this is pretty clear that Astrid holds that rule pretty close to her heart. Traveling by herself she found plenty of creeps before coming to the Nexus.

[Train Home]

Ignai blinks in surprise. "Wait, you mean you don't think there's anything wrong with me kissing someone I just met?" She's lead such a sheltered and isolated, she's always accepted that the way she was brought up was the way most people did things in regards to a lot of things.

McBish
2013-04-10, 07:17 PM
[Train Home]

Astrid shakes her head. "Not really. I imagine moving that quickly can end up with some hurt feelings. But around here everyone seems to move pretty quickly with that sort of stuff." Astrid face turns a nice shade of pink. She comes from a pretty conservetive culture herself and talking like this is still farily new to her. "But sometimes if you find the right boy kissing and other stuff can be fun." She doesn't like to talk/think about it when it isn't fun, or how long it has been since she has found someone to kiss herself.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-10, 11:41 PM
Clock Tower

"Uh-huh." There's something dangerous in the flat acknowledgement. And he isn't ordering Enshadu to back down this time. "I'd also like to hear all bout this device."

Clock Tower

Enshadu moves close to Nort, his cable moving by Nort, but not touching him. Sounds like it could be useful. Hm, where's your stuff? Oh wait, I know! He'll then attempt to use the memories he stole to access the location, appearance, and any knowledge of the device Nort knows. You're going to find it, and give it to us. Or I can make you. Your choice. :amused:

Felandria
2013-04-11, 01:24 AM
Gilded Sword
"About the same as most demigods. Some didn't realize their power, some fought with each other, some went mad with power. The ones that wouldn't let themselves be reared in...I killed. And killing your children, even if you're a god, makes you mature fast."
He sighed.
"Haven't really tried for kids since then."

Well, I can understand that.

Most of my father's other children have either betrayed him or simply rejected him.

There are some, like Heracles and Athena, that have stayed true, as I intend to.

I admire him greatly, and he will always have my loyalty.

And he doesn't have to worry about me attempting to usurp him, as the prophecy foretold one of his sons will attempt to overthrow him.

Which I won't let happen, if I can help it.

Gullara
2013-04-11, 08:07 AM
[Train Home]

Astrid shakes her head. "Not really. I imagine moving that quickly can end up with some hurt feelings. But around here everyone seems to move pretty quickly with that sort of stuff." Astrid face turns a nice shade of pink. She comes from a pretty conservetive culture herself and talking like this is still farily new to her. "But sometimes if you find the right boy kissing and other stuff can be fun." She doesn't like to talk/think about it when it isn't fun, or how long it has been since she has found someone to kiss herself.

[Train Home]

Ignai smiles. That's a bit of a relief. "I don't think I'm about to go around kissing random people, but it's nice to think maybe I don't have to worry too much about it." Except for the part where lost control... But she's working on that.

Gullara
2013-04-11, 10:01 AM
((Sorry Hyozo, but I'm going to have to move on with Becca. We can continue that scene sometime if you like.))

Before Becca have a chance to get into the pokemon center again a man dressed in a brown (iron) colored business suit with a white shirt and a black tie underneath. "Young girl! You look like you're in of some official Ironside merchandise. We got everything for young pokemon trainers such as yourself." He shows her a black briefcase with the logo of a ironfist on it. "You know what they say, because you can trust it!"

"Uh..." Becca blinks at the man. Well that's random. "I don't buy stuff from random strangers." Last time she did that she did that she ended up with a Magikarp of all things.

Lord Magtok
2013-04-11, 12:20 PM
Starling's House

Mara kicks some pieces of broken coffee table out of the way. "Careful. There's glass." she says. Oh hey, some of it seems to have a little blood on it. As Godtok looks around, he might find all sorts of stuff. It looks like whoever was here before stuck with ransacking rather than looting.

Our Lord and Savior stops to pick up a piece of glass, examining the blood on it with a cold glare. Man, I don't know what he's doing, even back when he had his cyborg eye, he still wouldn't be able to run a scan on the blood or any such nonsensical tech shenanigans.

"Sacked, but not looted. Someone was definitely trying to send a message here. Shame it's going to get lost in translation."

Godtok drops the glass shard back to the floor, before moving on in his search. Best be quick about this, the man who lives here could drop by at any time.

"You see any bookshelves or diaries? Starling doesn't strike me as a digital sort of guy; he's probably got whatever's worth looking at written down somewhere, as opposed to locked up in a computer."

McBish
2013-04-11, 12:32 PM
[Train Home]

Astrid smiles and reaches over to take Ignai's hand. "I wouldn't worry about it at all. Though I also don't recommend making a habit of kissing random people." She giggles a bit.

Gullara
2013-04-11, 12:41 PM
[Train Home]

Ignai blushes and giggles too. "I don't plan on it. I'm just glad you don't think any less f me for it." She squeezes Astrid's hand. How great is Astrid anyway. She couldn't hope for a better friend.

McBish
2013-04-11, 01:11 PM
[Train Home]

"Of course I don't think less of you. I wanted you to have fun, I'm glad you had fun." Also glad that she isn't dwelling on the end of the night. "Trust me there have been nights there where I have ended up in one of the dark corners upstairs." Astrid blushes deeply.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-11, 05:31 PM
Gothic House

It's funny because as soon as he is scooped up he is thinking that it was a terrible idea to bring along Young Star. Actually the first thing he does is resist the instincit to attack someone who grabbed him suddenly. Young Star might feel him tense or see him twitch in such a way that suggests that Calvin was about to attack. But it is easy enough to carry the two men out through a window.

[Gothic House]

He tries to fly the three of them as far out as he can in as short a time as he can. He drops man safely on the ground, but holds onto Calvin. "Explanation. The smoke, that man. That order. Now." This is the most terse he's been with anyone.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-11, 06:23 PM
((Sorry Hyozo, but I'm going to have to move on with Becca. We can continue that scene sometime if you like.))

"Uh..." Becca blinks at the man. Well that's random. "I don't buy stuff from random strangers." Last time she did that she did that she ended up with a Magikarp of all things.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong, I'm not a random stranger. I represent a major cooperation." He boasts. "But I sense your hesitation little girl, so what about a free sample huh?" He opens up the suitcase, revealing what appears to be drugs, pokemon drugs that is, filled into small containers. There is iron, protein, zinc, hp hp, carbos, calcium, pp-up and even rare candy. "Seeing anything you like? Go ahead. Take one."

Mindfreak
2013-04-11, 06:36 PM
Well, I can understand that.

Most of my father's other children have either betrayed him or simply rejected him.

There are some, like Heracles and Athena, that have stayed true, as I intend to.

I admire him greatly, and he will always have my loyalty.

And he doesn't have to worry about me attempting to usurp him, as the prophecy foretold one of his sons will attempt to overthrow him.

Which I won't let happen, if I can help it.

Gilded Sword
"The whole usurp thing is why I was never too fond about titles like: "King of Gods" and such. Being killed by your kids or some jealous god isn't fun."
He smiled.
"Which is why I choose to be considered the God of Wishes. No gods want to have to interact with mortals constantly. Except, well, me."
He sipped his wine.
"But that's because I absolutely love mortals...they're fascinating to watch them."

Gullara
2013-04-11, 07:16 PM

"Whoa, aren't these really expensive? I've seen them at the PokeMart before." Becca doesn't even hesitate to pick up one of the HP Ups. He can't be scamming her if he's giving it away free, right?

[Train Home]

Ignai giggles when she sees Astrid blush. "Good. We're both happy then." Her smile is interrupted by a big yawn. "And tired. Tonight really took a lot out of me."

McBish
2013-04-11, 10:34 PM
[Gothic House]

He tries to fly the three of them as far out as he can in as short a time as he can. He drops man safely on the ground, but holds onto Calvin. "Explanation. The smoke, that man. That order. Now." This is the most terse he's been with anyone.

Calvin takes a deep breath and stares at Young Star. "Can't mess with the mind of smoke. The man is dangerous and tried to kill me. Now let me go." Calvin doesn't seem to be very happy with Young Star either. His plan worked he doesn't understand what the hero is so upset about.

---------------------------

[Train Home]

Ignai giggles when she sees Astrid blush. "Good. We're both happy then." Her smile is interrupted by a big yawn. "And tired. Tonight really took a lot out of me."

"Yeah never a better sleep then after a night of dancing. Plus I get to sleep in tomorrow morning so that is great." Fairly soon the train reaches their stop and Astrid gets up and starts the short walk from the train station to her apartment.

Gullara
2013-04-11, 10:49 PM
[Train Home]

"Oh, that'll be nice. I think I'll be busy most of tomorrow looking for a job again. There's a few things I want to look into." Ingai says as she follows Astrid out. Her player might not actually know what that is, though, so any discussion of it shouldn't take place on screen. :smalltongue:

Felandria
2013-04-12, 01:03 AM
Gilded Sword
"The whole usurp thing is why I was never too fond about titles like: "King of Gods" and such. Being killed by your kids or some jealous god isn't fun."
He smiled.
"Which is why I choose to be considered the God of Wishes. No gods want to have to interact with mortals constantly. Except, well, me."
He sipped his wine.
"But that's because I absolutely love mortals...they're fascinating to watch them."

So listen, Steve, I love sitting here with you and opening up, but do you want to get out of here and go have some fun?

She arches an eyebrow.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-12, 04:18 AM

The man laughs falsely. "Yes, that is usually the case. But Ironside industries are now able to produce these products at half the usual cost! Therefore we can sell them to a much cheaper price." He boasts. "And this is only a mere sample of our products. We also have a lot of electronic designed for your convenience."

Gullara
2013-04-12, 08:54 AM

"Really? What kind?" Becca's suspicion seems to have dissolved entirely. Cheap vitamins and mysterious electronics. Sounds great!

McBish
2013-04-12, 10:00 AM
[Train Home]

"Oh, that'll be nice. I think I'll be busy most of tomorrow looking for a job again. There's a few things I want to look into." Ingai says as she follows Astrid out. Her player might not actually know what that is, though, so any discussion of it shouldn't take place on screen. :smalltongue:

"That's great." Astrid hopes that Ignai can find a job soon. Hopefully one low stress enough where she won't light things on fire when they day gets tough. Ever since Astrid lost her third job her financal situation was starting to look a bit bleaker.

-----------------------

[Clock Tower]

Enshadu moves close to Nort, his cable moving by Nort, but not touching him. Sounds like it could be useful. Hm, where's your stuff? Oh wait, I know! He'll then attempt to use the memories he stole to access the location, appearance, and any knowledge of the device Nort knows. You're going to find it, and give it to us. Or I can make you. Your choice. :amused:

Trying to think about the location of the device will bring a series of equations into Enshadu's mind. When you enter the date into one of the first equation you will end up with a time and a series of overlapping cricles. When these circles are drawn on a map that Nort has in his home/office you will find the location where it will appear.

The device itself is incredibly complicated and Nort's knowledge of it barely scratches the surface. It is a small box with a bendable tube coming out of one end. The top of the device is a touch screen and the whole thing can be held in your hand. It can open wormholes, blackholes, start fusion and fission reactions, antimatter transferance and particle acceleartion. Nort has found it extreamly useful for examining the quantum universe in the past.

He has no idea how the device works in any practicle sense and is pretty sure his goverement got it from a crashed UFO or maybe a interdimensonial traveler.

"I can find it for you. I just need to go get some papers from my home." He says taking a step back from Enshadu.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-12, 01:24 PM
[Gothic House]

Calvin takes a deep breath and stares at Young Star. "Can't mess with the mind of smoke. The man is dangerous and tried to kill me. Now let me go." Calvin doesn't seem to be very happy with Young Star either. His plan worked he doesn't understand what the hero is so upset about.

Gothic House

"No." Young Star says. "You don't have superstrength Calvin, and you didn't warn me about the smoke. Right now we have one guy and no evidence he did anything to you, and that smoke bomb means you could have left me in the lurch." That he ran off without Young Star doesn't help his case. "I don't deny that they've tried to kill you, but right now, now I can't trust you." Young Star hovers just above the ground. "Speak honestly with me Calvin, what do you plan to do with him next.

McBish
2013-04-12, 01:37 PM
[Gothic House]

"I don't know take him somewhere scare the stuff out of him and let him run back to his friends to warn them to stay away." Not as good as his first plan to kill him and leave him in the house as a warning but maybe it will help. "As for not trusting me I don't care. You don't know a thing about me so even if you did trust me I wouldn't trust you. Now let me go or I will show you why I don't need super strength." Calvin doesn't know if Young Star has resiliance to go with his super strength, but he figures a few stab wounds will slow the hero down enough to make it a fair fight.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-12, 02:09 PM
[Gothic House]

"I've given you every reason to trust me," Young Star says much more gently, as he puts Calvin down. "I could have left you at your uncle's house and gotten some old partners instead of bringing you, I left you alone with your uncle believing you could stay safe, I saved you from a mob I could have been a part of, and you pay me back with a smoke bomb." He walks to the unconcious wizard and tries to pick him up by the armpit. "A warning at least, and we might still be best friends right now. Also, I hope you don't take offense to this, but that plan seems too stupid for you. You don't bring a smoke bomb and not have a better plan than 'scare them'. Let's get this guy to a building top and interrogate him, if you trust me enough to carry you to again, which you should, because I'm still a superhero."

McBish
2013-04-12, 02:28 PM
[Gothic House]

"People who need to give you reasons to trust them are probably looking to betray that trust." The way he says it sounds like he is quoting someone. A superhero shows up just in time to save him from a mob, or save the mob from him depending on how you look at it. This hero then agrees to join up and help fight a bunch of mages. This sort of selflesness may seem common place to Young Star, but Calvin can't help but see it from a different angle. What better way to get close to him then to help him like this.

The mage groans a bit as the Hero picks him up. Calvin walks over to him and mumbles "Plus I thought you could handle a little smoke." Probably the closest thing to an aplogy Calvin is going to give. He won't comment about the lack of a good plan, his plan A is something he doesn't really want to share with Young Star, and all his other plans are pretty weak. He nods to Young Star to indicate he is OK with being carried.

Gullara
2013-04-12, 02:44 PM
[Train Home]

"That's great." Astrid hopes that Ignai can find a job soon. Hopefully one low stress enough where she won't light things on fire when they day gets tough. Ever since Astrid lost her third job her financal situation was starting to look a bit bleaker.

[Train Home]

"I hope I find something soon." Ignai says, echoing Astrid's thoughts. "I'd really like to be able to support myself somewhat, and help you pay for things."

LOTRfan
2013-04-12, 05:59 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

"Admittedly, I probably wouldn't want to, either. And yes, that's what it is."
Usually avoiding powerful mages that want you just barely better than dead is high on my priority list.

"Actually, you two should probably go without me. It, uh, doesn't sound like a place I'd fit into very well."

McBish
2013-04-12, 07:13 PM
[Walk Home]

"I'm sure you will. There are a ton of places around here, and around here they should be used to employees with special abilities. Astrid says encouragingly. Despite being a bit tired she is setting a pretty brisk pace. Late at night her neighborhood isn't the nicest so she doesn't like taking her time walking at night.

Gullara
2013-04-12, 10:22 PM
[Walk Home]

"Yeah, I just want to be a bit careful where I choose. The last couple times I got a job never ended well." Ignai says. They were far too stressful, and then the inevitable happened.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-13, 09:14 AM

"We have tasers, minimax bicycles, minimax motorcycles, iron bats and our newly designed pokéball, the Iron Ball. Even better than the ultra ball! And that's just a few examples on the vast merchandise our stores have to offer you! So if this sounds like your thing, we already have three stores in Inside an are already aiming to put one in Riverside." The salesman explains.

Gullara
2013-04-13, 12:34 PM

"Whoa, better than an Ultraball? Like, all the time?" That's crazy, and Becca could really use some more balls. "And bikes too? I always wanted one. Where can I find one of your stores?"

Shadowcaller
2013-04-13, 12:50 PM

"It's just around the corner. We placed it near the pokemon center for just this reason." The salesman replies with a overly wide smile.

Gullara
2013-04-13, 02:16 PM

"Awesome." A part of Becca wants to go right now. On the other hand, she should go see Beatrix again. "I'll check it out later today then. I gotta go meet with someone. I could tell her about it too."

Joe07
2013-04-14, 04:45 AM
"Actually, you two should probably go without me. It, uh, doesn't sound like a place I'd fit into very well."

" Oh pish posh." Said Kurgen " I'm sure you're just being modest, besides I don't see the problem chasing this mage, I've lived with mages with god like powers and I've seen them killed and replaced too. You just need to know where to hit."

Mindfreak
2013-04-14, 07:59 AM
So listen, Steve, I love sitting here with you and opening up, but do you want to get out of here and go have some fun?

She arches an eyebrow.
Gilded Sword
Steve smiled.
"My place or yours?":smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2013-04-14, 08:40 AM

"Excellent! Spread the word little girl. In fact, why don't you take this coupon?" He reaches into his pocket and hands over a small ticket. "It's 10 % off on all Ironside products that beings with a K!"

The ticket indeed promises this, signed by... okay, she probably can't read that.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-14, 09:26 AM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger shakes his horned head.
Well I certainly do. There's no guarantee he's even in the Nexus right now, which is the only way you'll be able to get help, and it's entirely possible the man's dead, considering how long Flasks can stay functioning. And that fighting mages when unnecessary is...unnecessary."