PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 51

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Gullara
2013-04-14, 10:21 AM
[Outside the Pokemon Center]

"Awesome, thanks." Becca takes the coupon and runs off tot he pokemon center. She hurries inside and looks around for Beatrix. Maybe her Sableye is better by now?

Felandria
2013-04-14, 10:43 AM
Gilded Sword
Steve smiled.
"My place or yours?":smalltongue:

Well, I'd be interested to see where someone like you lives.

Let's go.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-14, 01:05 PM
[Gothic House]

"People who need to give you reasons to trust them are probably looking to betray that trust." The way he says it sounds like he is quoting someone. A superhero shows up just in time to save him from a mob, or save the mob from him depending on how you look at it. This hero then agrees to join up and help fight a bunch of mages. This sort of selflesness may seem common place to Young Star, but Calvin can't help but see it from a different angle. What better way to get close to him then to help him like this.

The mage groans a bit as the Hero picks him up. Calvin walks over to him and mumbles "Plus I thought you could handle a little smoke." Probably the closest thing to an aplogy Calvin is going to give. He won't comment about the lack of a good plan, his plan A is something he doesn't really want to share with Young Star, and all his other plans are pretty weak. He nods to Young Star to indicate he is OK with being carried.

Gothic House

"Morning sleepy," Young Star says, lifting off with Calvin and the mage in tow. "You just hold on, we'll have you down faster than you think," he adds, slightly more menacing than it needs to be.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-15, 02:27 AM
Clock Tower

"Alright. We'll do that." Lawrence says, reaching a hand out to try and grab Enshadu by the shoulder and stop him from enacting any further duress upon Nort. "And on the way you can explain how it works. Enshadu, get lost. And don't kidnap anyone else."

Black Clad Gentlemen

You say 'simpler' but all Mel hears is 'more work'.

Besides, it's not like a human could ever grasp the fine details of his cunning plan. "Mhm. Good." Naturally, there's a condescending tone to his approval. "Where do you humans meet?"

Mindfreak
2013-04-15, 09:06 AM
Well, I'd be interested to see where someone like you lives.

Let's go.
Gilded Sword
He gets up and then stops.
"Well wait, actually, erm, how mortal are you exactly? I don't want us to get to my golden palace and for your eyes to burn out of your skull."

Felandria
2013-04-15, 11:13 AM
Gilded Sword
He gets up and then stops.
"Well wait, actually, erm, how mortal are you exactly? I don't want us to get to my golden palace and for your eyes to burn out of your skull."

Well, my body has been going through some changes, the food was delicious but I've actually stopped needing to eat.

Eventually I'll stop needing to sleep and I'll stop aging, so I should be fine.

((She's a Godling with the Paramortal ability, they eventually stop aging and become immune to many effects)

McBish
2013-04-15, 12:15 PM
Clock Tower

"Alright. We'll do that." Lawrence says, reaching a hand out to try and grab Enshadu by the shoulder and stop him from enacting any further duress upon Nort. "And on the way you can explain how it works. Enshadu, get lost. And don't kidnap anyone else."

Nort nods thankful for Lawrence's intervention. Not so thankful to forget about the gun on the man's hip and the unsaid threats. Still at least he isn't getting any more brain surgery at the moment. "All right, I can try."

--------------------

Gothic House

"Morning sleepy," Young Star says, lifting off with Calvin and the mage in tow. "You just hold on, we'll have you down faster than you think," he adds, slightly more menacing than it needs to be.

When they land Calvin will pull away from Young Star to walk to the edge of the building. The mage seems disoriented and can't seem to put thoughts to words. "He is going to be groggy for a minute or two from the smoke." Calvin explains looking uncomfortable.

-------------------------------

[Walk Home]

"Yeah, I just want to be a bit careful where I choose. The last couple times I got a job never ended well." Ignai says. They were far too stressful, and then the inevitable happened.

"Well I'm sure you will find one that works soon enough." Astrid says as they walk into her apartment building. "So if I hear about another concert coming would you want to come with again?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-15, 01:00 PM
Black Clad Gentlemen

You say 'simpler' but all Mel hears is 'more work'.

Besides, it's not like a human could ever grasp the fine details of his cunning plan. "Mhm. Good." Naturally, there's a condescending tone to his approval. "Where do you humans meet?"

Black Clad Gentleman

"There's a market street where we would not be looked on poorly," Pepperjack says as he begins ideas of his own. "We could set you up as some sort of gypsy Mage."

Gothic House

When they land Calvin will pull away from Young Star to walk to the edge of the building. The mage seems disoriented and can't seem to put thoughts to words. "He is going to be groggy for a minute or two from the smoke." Calvin explains looking uncomfortable.

Gothic House - Building Top

"Well dang, waiting's the worst part," Young Star complains as he sets the wizard down. He also frisks the wizard for weapons, wands, totems or fetishes. Magic's a real pain in how it's cast.

McBish
2013-04-15, 01:11 PM

Calvin paces back and forth around the edges of the roof. He seems filled with nervous energy at the moment and keeps glancing back at Young Star and the Mage. He doesn't have anything to add while Young Star searches, or he is trying to figure out how to say something.

The mage does indeed have a couple of small bags that could be some sort of charms. Also a small dagger and folding knife are in the inside pockets of his vest. The mage seems somewhat aware of what is going on, weakly trying to push Young Star's hands away.

Zefir
2013-04-15, 02:13 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Leaning in closer to stare at the nanites, Yuki smiles over at Mia. "They really are wonderful. May I...?" He holds out a hand hesitantly.

[DMC 2.0]

Mia just opens the jar.

"Don't assume much." she says again.

If Yuki tries to touch the nanits it feels like some kind of pudding, but even if he tries to whirl the nanits aroun, non of them will remain on his stin, it's like they hold each other so all of them stay together.

Gullara
2013-04-15, 02:15 PM
[Walk Home]

"Well I'm sure you will find one that works soon enough." Astrid says as they walk into her apartment building. "So if I hear about another concert coming would you want to come with again?"

[Walk Home => Astrid's Apartment]

Ignai hesitates for just a moment before she replies. "Yeah, that would be great." Sure she still has a lot of fear and doubt, and tonight never really disproved it, but she's got to try if she's ever going to live a normal life.

Joe07
2013-04-15, 03:56 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger shakes his horned head.
Well I certainly do. There's no guarantee he's even in the Nexus right now, which is the only way you'll be able to get help, and it's entirely possible the man's dead, considering how long Flasks can stay functioning. And that fighting mages when unnecessary is...unnecessary."

He shrugged " Huh well it's entirely his choice, I'd be more than willing to help and offer my expertise."
He looked to Krayger and their new companion " Well unless there's anything else we should probably figure out what we're going to do."

Halae
2013-04-15, 04:39 PM
White-Iron Cafe

With a sigh, Mintbalm digs into her sundae and turns off her supernatural senses. No convincing the guy to leave without disrupting the meal even further, so she'll just go with it.

"Well, we were in the middle of a private conversation, so just 'porting in like that was kind of rude." She points out, not sounding offended but at best neutral for the time being.

White-Iron Cafe

"Well, Anytime you want to talk to someone you risk that, yes. That's kind of the risk of talking to people." Sophie is not impressed.[White-Iron Cafe]

"In that case," He says, "Is there anything I can do to smooth this over a little? I would very much like to get to know you."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-15, 05:41 PM
White-Iron Cafe

She looks from Sophie to the imp, then sighs and takes another spoonful of her sundae, "Up to you Sophie. It's pretty clear you're the one he's after, and I don't mind picking up our conversation after he's gone." Especially since she doesn't think he'll last long with two fey to contend with.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-15, 05:45 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Just walk away." Sophie gives the imp a stern look. "Just leave me be, let me talk with my friend. Don't listen in, it will only make you look creepy. Give me time to calm down, give you time to think about it a bit, and then, maybe in a day or two, try again."

Halae
2013-04-15, 05:48 PM
[White-Iron Cafe]

The imp grimaces, but bows, "As you wish," and within a moment he'll fade out of the place where he was. Mintbalm will be able to tell that he actually really is gone.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-15, 05:54 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Harsh of you, don't you think?" Mintbalm giggles though, showing she doesn't really judge Sophie for it, "So where were we then? Trying to decide on where to go to try to force out your powers I think."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-15, 06:13 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I feel like somewhere out of the city would be a good idea. Just in case, you know?" She shrugs. "After the meal, anyway."

Sophie is unaware of the recent fey shenanigans that happened just outside of the city...

"On the other hand, it's not like I'm a bomb. We might be able to go deep into a park or something."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-15, 06:46 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I feel like somewhere out of the city would be a good idea. Just in case, you know?" She shrugs. "After the meal, anyway."

Sophie is unaware of the recent fey shenanigans that happened just outside of the city...

"On the other hand, it's not like I'm a bomb. We might be able to go deep into a park or something."

White-Iron Cafe

More giggles bubble forth, "Despite you and her being totally different, you think a lot like Vriveka, that grig friend of mine I mentioned. Except you're not insane, and like to have a social group instead of just test subjects and people too powerful to be your tests subjects." Okay, maybe they don't think that much alike.

"Point being, when I asked to help her with the evolution, she suggested leaving Inside to do it too. Maybe it's just a spider thing. Can't be common sense, because she's completely nuts."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-15, 06:52 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Insanity and logic are not mutually exclusive. Kate thinks that the only difference between some madmen and geniuses is that the geniuses were right. Anyway, my thinking is that I don't want to hurt anyone."

Psycho's logic, Mintbalm might remember, was "I don't want to annoy the police."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-15, 07:11 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Insanity and logic are not mutually exclusive. Kate thinks that the only difference between some madmen and geniuses is that the geniuses were right. Anyway, my thinking is that I don't want to hurt anyone."

Psycho's logic, Mintbalm might remember, was "I don't want to annoy the police."

White-Iron Cafe

"Kate can be silly though. Crazy people are right all the time, it's just hard to tell when they're so crazy the rest of the time. Anyway, we'll just let you finish your sandwich and then find an empty lot to do this in. Less chance of attracting trouble than a park, even if we could probably take care of ourselves if trouble happened."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-15, 07:16 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Alright, that sounds good." Sophie will eat then, enjoying her little sandwich slowly. A lot of actually tasty food is new to her; spiders don't generally eat for pleasure.

McBish
2013-04-15, 07:45 PM
[Walk Home => Astrid's Apartment]

Ignai hesitates for just a moment before she replies. "Yeah, that would be great." Sure she still has a lot of fear and doubt, and tonight never really disproved it, but she's got to try if she's ever going to live a normal life.

"Good, I had a good time tonight. It was more fun with a friend." Astrid figures it is a good sign that Ignai is still willing to go out. Better then her wanting to stay hidden away from people. Astrid opens up the door to her apartment holding it open for Ignai.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-15, 08:06 PM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

The telephone goes vring, vring, vring for Vyrn, Vyrn, Vyrn!

Black Clad Gentleman

"Good. Tomorrow, be there. Bring shiny things, and I shall bring shiny things, and the apes will buy them."

LOTRfan
2013-04-15, 08:07 PM
" Oh pish posh." Said Kurgen " I'm sure you're just being modest, besides I don't see the problem chasing this mage, I've lived with mages with god like powers and I've seen them killed and replaced too. You just need to know where to hit."

From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger shakes his horned head.
Well I certainly do. There's no guarantee he's even in the Nexus right now, which is the only way you'll be able to get help, and it's entirely possible the man's dead, considering how long Flasks can stay functioning. And that fighting mages when unnecessary is...unnecessary."

He shakes his head and lifts his arms up."Oh, there is no way that I would go after him. How the hell do you fight a man who can throw you into a friggin' box when he gets mad?" He looks at you two for a second, before adding 'Actually, I don't think that trick could work on you guys, but still. I'm free now, and I'd rather not risk losing that freedom."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-15, 08:17 PM
White-Iron Cafe

"Alright, that sounds good." Sophie will eat then, enjoying her little sandwich slowly. A lot of actually tasty food is new to her; spiders don't generally eat for pleasure.

White-Iron Cafe

Mintbalm picks at the last few spoonfuls of her sundae while Sophie eats, wiggling the fingers of her other hand and dropping a bright yellow gem on the table during the gesture. She figures that should pay for the meal and a tip. Making complex mineral latices out of the carbon in the air is just one of her many talents.

Once Sophie is finished, she gets up and pushes her chair in, "All ready to go?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-15, 08:19 PM
White-Iron Cafe

Sophie nods. "Yeah." She fully expects to suddenly find herself in the air again, but if Mintbalm starts walking instead Sophie will follow.

Darkcomet
2013-04-15, 08:30 PM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

Beep.

"You have reached the High-Priority Line of the Altaran Irregulars," states a bored-sounding voice. "Please state why your call is important enough to call this line, and if it's more hate calls for the captain, hang up already."

One gets the impression this person deals with that sort of thing a lot, and that this line rarely ever actually gets forwarded to Vyrn. Ah well, somebody has to screen for hate calls.

Gullara
2013-04-15, 09:12 PM
[Astrid's Apartment]

Ignai smiles and goes to give Astrid a hug. "Thanks, Astrid. For everything." After a moment of internal debate, she tries to give Astrid a peck on the cheek before they proceed inside.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-15, 09:14 PM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

"'Cause I'm 'bout t' sell ya an insanely annoying robot named Enshadu." To contrast, the voice on the other end of the line is exceedingly chipper. One might even say annoyingly so.

McBish
2013-04-15, 09:40 PM
[Astrid's Apartment]

Astrid is surprised by the kiss. A blush and smile appear on her face as she looks down at the ground. "You're welcome." She looks up at Ignai not really sure what to say to that. One of her hands reaches out to take hers and give it a little squeeze.

Darkcomet
2013-04-15, 09:43 PM
[The Good Ship Sanctuary]

"...Forwarding you to the Captain now." Beep. Pause. Beep.

"What is this about our little robotic imbecile problem?" That voice, on the other hand, sounds exasperated, as if he's expecting it to be some excuse to shout obscenities at him.

Gullara
2013-04-15, 10:02 PM
[Astrid's Apartment]

Ignai blushes as well and gives Astrid's hand a squeeze back. "Well I think I'm going right to bed. I'm beat." She lets Astrid's hand go and turns to head inside.

And with that, the scene can probably come to a close.

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-15, 10:18 PM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

"What'cha think? He's bein' a pest. An once I'm done with Mags there's no reason at all t' keep him 'round, sooooooo...."

"How'dya like to talk some turkey? I can offer a very reasonable price."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-15, 10:28 PM
He shakes his head and lifts his arms up."Oh, there is no way that I would go after him. How the hell do you fight a man who can throw you into a friggin' box when he gets mad?" He looks at you two for a second, before adding 'Actually, I don't think that trick could work on you guys, but still. I'm free now, and I'd rather not risk losing that freedom."

From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger might not have Outsider vulnerabilities, but he's still susceptible to flames and Polymorph, and he's already the butt of more animal jokes than he can handle.
That's probably the smartest decision here. Do what you want, and don't let some petty revenge scheme ruin things for you.

Morcleon
2013-04-15, 10:35 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia just opens the jar.

"Don't assume much." she says again.

If Yuki tries to touch the nanits it feels like some kind of pudding, but even if he tries to whirl the nanits aroun, non of them will remain on his stin, it's like they hold each other so all of them stay together.

[DMC 2.0]

Smiling again, Yuki pushes around the nanites, letting them slip and slide around his fingers. "Interesting... are they purely medical nanites, or are they multi-purpose?"

Zefir
2013-04-16, 03:09 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"That depends what you mean with multi-purpose."

She heads to a acomputer and switch it on. While waiting for booting she continues.

"You can see them as medical worker, working at cell size. As a worker for a building they can build something, but also destroy it. They can work wit near all living thing, humans, animals or a like. They can't pass through glass or other metal. If programmed right, they can be a weapon. Imagine a dagger made of them. If you hit someone, they will enter their body like poison and destroy him from inside."

As the PC is up, Mia starts typing and it seems like the nanits react to it. They start building something that looks like a dagger, still it is more fluid and would just pass through the hand.

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-16, 09:08 PM
[City Gates]

"Wow. This place is huge. I thought Shady Sands was big, but this makes it look smaller than a hamlet."

Dolores is just a little too awe-stricken at the moment to make decent conversation, so there it is. Amazingly, the pair walking into town, despite being very different people from radically different worlds and not aware of the nature of the Nexus quite yet, have not managed to get killed on the way here, nor have they killed each other! Yay for the power of teamwork! Or at least walking in the right direction.

Devixer
2013-04-16, 09:10 PM
City Gates

"Easily as big as London," Orrin remarks, making sure to sling his laser rifle across his back. This was a city, there was no need to walk around pointing a state-of-the-art weapon at everybody.

Darkcomet
2013-04-16, 10:08 PM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

"What'cha think? He's bein' a pest. An once I'm done with Mags there's no reason at all t' keep him 'round, sooooooo...."

"How'dya like to talk some turkey? I can offer a very reasonable price."

There's a slight pause. "You have my interest. Go on."

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-16, 10:25 PM
City Gates

"Never thought I'd see this many people in one place. You say that you have cities in England that actually compare to this?"

She's still wearing the Gas Mask, which keeps her expression hidden. She looks genuinely shocked, though.

"That must have been nice."

Devixer
2013-04-16, 10:29 PM
City Gates

"I wouldn't call it nice," Orrin says. "Traffic was always a nightmare." He looks past the gates into the city in front of him.

Morcleon
2013-04-17, 12:10 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"That depends what you mean with multi-purpose."

She heads to a acomputer and switch it on. While waiting for booting she continues.

"You can see them as medical worker, working at cell size. As a worker for a building they can build something, but also destroy it. They can work wit near all living thing, humans, animals or a like. They can't pass through glass or other metal. If programmed right, they can be a weapon. Imagine a dagger made of them. If you hit someone, they will enter their body like poison and destroy him from inside."

As the PC is up, Mia starts typing and it seems like the nanits react to it. They start building something that looks like a dagger, still it is more fluid and would just pass through the hand.

[DMC 2.0]

Nodding, Yuki leans over Mia shoulder to watch her at work. "They aren't limited to one role then."

"...why are you building a dagger?" He carefully takes his hand out of the jar, giving said object a raised eyebrow.

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 01:49 AM
City Gates

"Traffic? There were enough people in one place to have traffic?"

She gesticulates a bit to that, incredulously.

"Where I'm from, you're lucky to have any company at all that isn't trying to murder you! Seriously, that sounds - Was that a car? A real, working, rust-free car?"

Sure enough, a random civilian vehicle shoots out the gate, probably headed off somewhere in their day-to-day lives. Dolores sounds almost giddy. Based on what she's seen so far, this place is practically a paradise compared to the Wasteland.

Devixer
2013-04-17, 01:53 AM
City Gates

"Well, there was traffic. Nowadays, most people just stay inside their homes," Orrin says shortly before the car goes by.

"Ah, yeah. You telling me there aren't any cars or anything like that where you're from?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 02:15 AM
City Gates

"Well, there were cars all over the wastes, actually. The problem is that they're always useless, rusted-out hulks. If you're lucky, there might be some usable scrap, but even that's fairly rare. I've heard that there are some working vehicles in Shady Sands and Maxson, but only the rich can afford them."

She's quiet a moment, deliberating to herself, before changing the subject.

"So, what's XCOM, anyway? Some kind of weapons dealer?"

To be fair, that's not far from the truth most of the time. At least when people start playing the game and selling off extra Plasma guns for massive profit. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2013-04-17, 02:33 AM
[DMC 2.0]

Nodding, Yuki leans over Mia shoulder to watch her at work. "They aren't limited to one role then."

"...why are you building a dagger?" He carefully takes his hand out of the jar, giving said object a raised eyebrow.

[DMC 2.0]

Mia is typing and on the screen several windows open and close in short order. If he is skilled, he notice that the windows represent a groupe of the nanits and Mia just hands over orders which cause them to take shape.

"Just to show you that it works. People allways say they belive, but without an example they never truly belive. So I missed to ask it, but how did you came into contact with high technologie?"

Devixer
2013-04-17, 02:39 AM
City Gates

"XCOM was formed just after Earth got invaded," Orrin says, deciding not to comment on the destroyed cars in the wastes that Dolores seemed to be from.

"Xenos were killing or capturing people, we barely knew what to do. We only recently even started to make a dent in their forces."

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 03:10 AM
City Gates

"So, basically, you got attacked by Aliens, and banded together to defend yourselves? Hm. And you say there was never a nuclear war in your world?"

Dolores, I don't think you actually mentioned anything about a nuclear war. At all. Some bombs and radiation, but that's hardly the same thing...

Slii Arhem
2013-04-17, 08:11 AM
White-Iron Cafe

Sophie nods. "Yeah." She fully expects to suddenly find herself in the air again, but if Mintbalm starts walking instead Sophie will follow.

White-Iron Cafe

Mintbalm just gestures to her bare shoulder, inviting Sophie to jump up on it rather than floating them both up. Seems she wants to walk to wherever they're going this time for some reason.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-17, 08:47 AM
White-Iron Cafe

Oh! Okay. Sophie hops onto Mintbalm's shoulder, then. She probably can keep up with Mintbalm easily enough, but riding certainly makes it easier.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-17, 09:53 AM
White-Iron Cafe

Oh! Okay. Sophie hops onto Mintbalm's shoulder, then. She probably can keep up with Mintbalm easily enough, but riding certainly makes it easier.

White-Iron Cafe -> Vacant Lot

Home to many an Inside pickup baseball game, this vacant, overgrown lot has crabgrass, random patches of alternating mud and dry dirt, and everything a good abandoned space in the middle of a city should have.

However, Mintbalm just chose it because it was the first one she came across that didn't have people in it.

"Alright, wanna hop off for a sec so we can get this started?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-17, 12:04 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah." She does so, landing a bit away. "So... I assume you'll do something, and then I just won't fight whatever happens? Do what feels natural or something?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-17, 01:49 PM

Calvin paces back and forth around the edges of the roof. He seems filled with nervous energy at the moment and keeps glancing back at Young Star and the Mage. He doesn't have anything to add while Young Star searches, or he is trying to figure out how to say something.

The mage does indeed have a couple of small bags that could be some sort of charms. Also a small dagger and folding knife are in the inside pockets of his vest. The mage seems somewhat aware of what is going on, weakly trying to push Young Star's hands away.

It's not at all hard to brush off the mages drowsy hands. "Quit fidgeting. We're just trying to keep the playing field uneven. Hey, do you have any rope? I figure if you have enough room for a smoke bomb you have enough for something more useful. If not, lemme borrow a shoelace."

The Good Ship Sanctuary

Black Clad Gentleman

"Good. Tomorrow, be there. Bring shiny things, and I shall bring shiny things, and the apes will buy them."

"Alright," Pepperjack agrees. "Why don't I escort you out? Prevent you running afoul of my fellow killer apes."

McBish
2013-04-17, 02:04 PM
[Gothic House-Rooftops]

"I thought the smoke was very useful." Calvin says as he pulls out a thin but very strong rope from a pocket. Only about 15 feet or so of it, but that should be more then enough to tie someone up. He walks over to hand it to Young Star turning his gaze at the disoriented mage.

Devixer
2013-04-17, 02:10 PM
City Gates

"So, basically, you got attacked by Aliens, and banded together to defend yourselves? Hm. And you say there was never a nuclear war in your world?"

Dolores, I don't think you actually mentioned anything about a nuclear war. At all. Some bombs and radiation, but that's hardly the same thing...

"A nuclear wha- no, of course that wasn't a nuclear war! Who'd be stupid enough to launch?" Orrin shouts. Nuclear weapons were an absolute last resort, not the basis of a war - at least, that's how he felt about them.

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 02:23 PM
City Gates

She chuckles a little in response to that outburst. It's a dark, empty chuckle rather than true amusement, but it's still a strange response.

"It's been said that, if there is anything that's infinite, it's human stupidity. All it takes is one fool in a high place...

Assuming that I'm not having a fever-dream and hallucinating all of this, this place seems pretty livable. I mean, look over there! Green trees, just there in the ground! I've never seen one outside of a tended pot!"

Seriously, PLANT LIFE! That isn't poisonous, trying to eat anybody, or trying to impale them with spikes! It's like a dream come true!

Devixer
2013-04-17, 03:06 PM
City Gates

"Must be a crazy place if there aren't even any trees," Orrin says. "But that stuff's not exactly important right now. We should try and find something to tell us where we are."

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 03:13 PM
City Gates

"Right, right. Let's see..."

She checks around for any signs. There's probably some foot-traffic in the city, but it would probably be rude to disrupt whatever it is that they're doing. Her eyes finally settling on a simple welcome message, she reads aloud:

"Welcome to the City of Inside...

Hm. Does that mean we're in a subdistrict, like Freeside or Westside? Because if that's the actual city's name, it's just about the most uncreative thing ever."

Devixer
2013-04-17, 03:19 PM
City Gates

"I'm thinking it's the city's name," Orrin says, looking a little perplexed. "I guess I've heard worse names for cities. Not many, though."

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-17, 03:33 PM
City Gates

"Well, it answers one question, at least. Maybe we should hit up the local bar. There's usually someone there who'll share some local info with strangers."

Or maybe they could just talk to some random person on the street. By now, I'd imagine they're at least through the actual gates rather than just approaching the city.

Morcleon
2013-04-17, 03:57 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia is typing and on the screen several windows open and close in short order. If he is skilled, he notice that the windows represent a groupe of the nanits and Mia just hands over orders which cause them to take shape.

"Just to show you that it works. People allways say they belive, but without an example they never truly belive. So I missed to ask it, but how did you came into contact with high technologie?"

[DMC 2.0]

"Hm? Oh, I... get around," shrugs Yuki. He glances away briefly but then returns his gaze to Mia and the screen. "Some places I visit have high technology, some places high magic. I provide any sort of medical techniques and equipment they don't have and in exchange learn what I can. One such place had extensive use of nanotechnology."

Devixer
2013-04-17, 11:27 PM
Actually in the City

"What, just go to a bar and talk about how we've somehow left our homes?" Orrin considers this for a few moments before shrugging. "Guess it's as good as any other option. And I could use a drink."

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-18, 02:23 AM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

There's a laugh on the other side of the line. "Thought so." Then another short pause, as Day puts his words together carefully. "Okay here's what. Y'know 'bout me an Mags. I'm gonna see him deader 'n dust. An with him droppin' satellites on innocent taverns then mebbe that ain't a bad thing at all. Can't have a menace like that goin' 'round unpunished."

"'Course, he's Council. So ya couldn't help even if ya wanted. Like, ya couldn't have'a buncha stealth bombers drop a load of bunker busters right onta where he makes those MagBots. So no hard feelings. Not even if you was t' send some fighters after that big robot just sprung up in Outside. An if Magtok was t' get bombed while that was happenin' that'd probably just be those demons, y'know, those demons we just made a deal with on th' wall an who specialized in airstrikes."

Black Clad Gentlemen

"Good. Good. Tomorrow." Draping the towel over his shoulders like a cape, Melbourne scuttles towards the door, and if Pepperjack follows, out through the club proper.

Zefir
2013-04-18, 03:17 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"Hm? Oh, I... get around," shrugs Yuki. He glances away briefly but then returns his gaze to Mia and the screen. "Some places I visit have high technology, some places high magic. I provide any sort of medical techniques and equipment they don't have and in exchange learn what I can. One such place had extensive use of nanotechnology."

[DMC 2.0]

Mia stops her programming. The picture on the screen shows a dagger and the nanits will got that shape in a few moments. She looks at Yuki.

"So your just a trader? And where is this place?" After all she leads a church and people in need of high technologie might become follower.

Mindfreak
2013-04-18, 07:30 AM
Well, my body has been going through some changes, the food was delicious but I've actually stopped needing to eat.

Eventually I'll stop needing to sleep and I'll stop aging, so I should be fine.

((She's a Godling with the Paramortal ability, they eventually stop aging and become immune to many effects)
Gilded Sword -> Golden Palace of the God
Steve nods before opening the portal to his palace.
He goes in, expecting her to follow!
((Do you wanna actually RP out the palace trip?))

Morcleon
2013-04-18, 11:34 AM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia stops her programming. The picture on the screen shows a dagger and the nanits will got that shape in a few moments. She looks at Yuki.

"So your just a trader? And where is this place?" After all she leads a church and people in need of high technologie might become follower.

[DMC 2.0]

"A doctor by training, a trader by necessity," replies Yuki with a small shrug. He glances from the screen to the newly-formed dagger and grins. "Interesting..."

"As for those places," he continues. "They're faraway, likely not even on this plane of reality. I don't know if you would have the resources to travel there."

Felandria
2013-04-18, 12:55 PM
Gilded Sword -> Golden Palace of the God
Steve nods before opening the portal to his palace.
He goes in, expecting her to follow!
((Do you wanna actually RP out the palace trip?))

(Sure.)

Felandria leaves a tip before following through the portal.

Joe07
2013-04-18, 05:31 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger might not have Outsider vulnerabilities, but he's still susceptible to flames and Polymorph, and he's already the butt of more animal jokes than he can handle.
That's probably the smartest decision here. Do what you want, and don't let some petty revenge scheme ruin things for you.

Kurgen shrugged " I could probably make some counter spells to resist his powers but if you don't want to go after him then that's fine. Just remember I'm available to help should you change your mind. "

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 05:46 PM
Red Zone- Near An Alleyway

A child is standing in the entrance to this alleyway. She appears to be about eight years old, and has light orange skin and short brown hair. She's wearing a pair of blue joggers and a white t-shirt. Her eyes are closed, so it's hard to tell what colour they are.

She motions people over to her occasionally, but so far they're all ignoring her. Possibly because of the warning put out by the Altaran Irregulars about not-children trying to lure people into alleyways where they are being waylaid and eaten.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 05:52 PM
[Red Zone - Alleywaylaid]

Eventually, a rather disoriented-seeming woman in combat armor, with a pistol on her hip, and some sort of carbine on her back, does, in fact, come over to the girl, smiling somewhat at her.

"Hello... Do you need something?"

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 05:55 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The child's lips curl up into a smile, though she keeps her eyes and mouth closed. She'll turn and start to walk into the alleyway, turning to beckon the woman after her. It gets quite dark up there, and there's a corner not too far away that could hide anything from the streets.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 06:09 PM
[RZ - Alleywaylaid]

Samatha follows, though she lays a hand on her pistol - which, at the moment, is loaded with normal bullets -, and checks for cover as they go, familiar with children being used to lure people into gangs of thieves and such.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 06:13 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

Once around the corner, there's no obvious band of thieves or murderers. However, the child now turns around and smiles, opening her eyes for the first time in Samantha's presence. Only, they aren't eyes- they're mouths, which extend on prehensile stalks as the 'girl' opens its mouth, revealing a large eye with a dark purple iris and catlike pupil. The corners of its eyelid-lips are still pulled up in a decidedly creepy smile, as the creature jumps up and tries to grab hold of Samantha's torso.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 06:37 PM
[RZ - Alleywaylaid]

Samantha is a soldier. Trained to react quickly. But she was never trained for this. When the child opens its mouths and springs, she freezes for just a few moments, long enough to make her delay starting to pull out her Mauser, and try to push the thing back with her other hand, though it's quite possible that the latter will be unsuccessful, which will result in her other hand getting tangled with the girl.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 06:44 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

There's far more give to the abomination-in-child-shape's torso than there would be if it really were an eight-year-old girl. This, combined with its inherent ability to decide which surface it treats as 'down' by touching that surface means that whilst it is blocked by the hand, it's not thrown away. The thing tries to kick Samantha in the gut, whilst its hand rake up and down her arm- its fingernails are sharp. Its retractable, prehensile mouth-stalks stretch out, trying to reach Samantha's arm as well.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 06:50 PM
[RZ - Alleywaylaid]

Samantha's arm is, in fact, raked, and she hisses in pain, though the sound is soon cut off by her breath being knocked out of her when she gets kicked; however, a moment later, she takes aim at the creature, at least as much aim as she can, and fires three shots, though she somehow doubts that it'll work very well.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 06:55 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The bullets rip through the thing's torso, where they almost fail to damage anything important- it keeps its brain in the same place, but otherwise most of the vital organs are lower than in humans. Thick black blood spurts out of its wounds, carrying small white maggots with them. The maggots are its young, kept in a hormone-induced stasis. Upon death, the hormone is no longer in the thing's system and the maggots wake up, free to eat their way out of their parent's corpse and find somewhere to mature.

The child ignores the injuries, rasping slightly as a lung was grazed, and tries to squirm so that it is closer to Samantha, where her longer arms become more of a hindrance than a help.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 07:07 PM
[RZ - Alleywaylaid]

Samantha shoves forward when the creature pushes against her, trying to tip them both over, and put her full body-weight onto the arm holding it away from her.

Should it manage to stun the thing, Samantha will drop her Mauser, and fumble the carbine off her back, though she'll be unable to fire it just yet.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-18, 07:11 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The aberration is successfully pinned by the move! At least, for now. It's wriggling around something fierce, however, and continues trying to rake and bite at Samantha's arm. Fortunately, it does not have any poisonous attacks.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-18, 07:39 PM
[RZ - Alleywaylaid]

She is, in fact, raked and bitten! Slamming her full weight down on her arm like that probably didn't do her much good, either, judging by the unpleasant crunch it made and the greenish tinge to her complexion...

However, that doesn't stop her from trying to jam the carbine under the thing's jaw, and send 48 flechettes through it's head.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-18, 09:35 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah." She does so, landing a bit away. "So... I assume you'll do something, and then I just won't fight whatever happens? Do what feels natural or something?"

Vacant Lot

"Pretty much, yeah. I'm just going to ask your magic to do its thing for us, so we can see whatever its thing is. Alright... here we go." And that vague and likely unsatisfying explanation is pretty much exactly what happens. Through nonverbal means that are both deceptively simple and impossible to explain, Mintbalm contacts the natural magic that all fey should have and tries to coax it into putting itself on display in a nice big obvious way.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-18, 09:40 PM
Vacant Lot

BOOM! There is a small explosion at Sophie's feet and she flies into the air a bit. She lands, unharmed, but there's a crater where she stood about a foot in diameter.

Sophie shakes her head a bit, trying to clear it. She then looks at the crater, surprised.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-18, 09:45 PM
Vacant Lot

BOOM! There is a small explosion at Sophie's feet and she flies into the air a bit. She lands, unharmed, but there's a crater where she stood about a foot in diameter.

Sophie shakes her head a bit, trying to clear it. She then looks at the crater, surprised.

Vacant Lot

"Eep!" Mintbalm reflexively shields herself with her arms, even though the shower of earth falls to either side of her on its own.

"Ack, oh geeze Sophie are you okay? I did not expect that at all!"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-18, 09:56 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah, it didn't hurt me. Man, that was odd... it just... I don't know, it's like there was power inside me that I didn't know about, and it came out. What was that?"

She moves back towards Mintbalm (the blast having thrown her a bit away) and examines the crater. It's about half a foot deep, too.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-18, 10:00 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah, it didn't hurt me. Man, that was odd... it just... I don't know, it's like there was power inside me that I didn't know about, and it came out. What was that?"

She moves back towards Mintbalm (the blast having thrown her a bit away) and examines the crater. It's about half a foot deep, too.

Vacant Lot

"It was your magic, but it was a lot more violent than anything I've seen from fey before, even from grigs. Fey magic is almost always passive, and pixie magic in particular can't even be used to directly injure someone at all. That was... explodey, I guess. I've never seen explodey before."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-18, 10:10 PM
Vacant Lot

"Well, I was sapient beforehand, and I was changed by a Kami, so I'm weird in the first place. Maybe it's just really rare or something? It doesn't really seem to match my personality..."

She isn't really a blasty, violent kind of person. Now, that's not to say she won't use it if she has a good reason!

LOTRfan
2013-04-18, 10:48 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

"Thank you for understanding! It's always a messy business, fighting wizards. It's so much easier to try to just avoid them altogether." Dabar replies, taking out a napkin to wipe up the blood that is pouring out of the newly reopened claw-marks. "I guess in that case, I should be going." Looking down at the magical rubik's cube, he adds "Hey, you want to keep the flask? I mean, I don't really have much use for it. You might not either, but you it's worth quite a penny and hey, if you were able to solve it maybe you can figure out how to control it." Because Dabar doesn't have the slightest clue.

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-18, 11:17 PM
(Thought I already responded to this. >.>)

Actually in the City

"It's unorthodox, maybe, but look at the architecture here: This wasn't made by one guy, this is a combination of hundreds, maybe thousands of different cultures! Maybe stuff like this actually happens often around here."

Obligatory shifty-eyes moment from Dolores, though the mask still largely hides it beyond looking slightly in both directions.

"And yeah, I might have an ulterior motive walking into a bar about now too."

Off to Trog's, then, since it's literally around every single corner at once?

Darkcomet
2013-04-19, 03:00 AM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

There's a laugh on the other side of the line. "Thought so." Then another short pause, as Day puts his words together carefully. "Okay here's what. Y'know 'bout me an Mags. I'm gonna see him deader 'n dust. An with him droppin' satellites on innocent taverns then mebbe that ain't a bad thing at all. Can't have a menace like that goin' 'round unpunished."

"'Course, he's Council. So ya couldn't help even if ya wanted. Like, ya couldn't have'a buncha stealth bombers drop a load of bunker busters right onta where he makes those MagBots. So no hard feelings. Not even if you was t' send some fighters after that big robot just sprung up in Outside. An if Magtok was t' get bombed while that was happenin' that'd probably just be those demons, y'know, those demons we just made a deal with on th' wall an who specialized in airstrikes."

"Of course, anyone who could hypothetically do such a thing would need said machine's coordinates. And if they were to use that as cover for something else, well, they'd need something to guarantee that the other party would hold to their end of the bargain."

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-19, 03:21 AM
The Good Ship Sanctuary

"Guess they would. Good thing they don't know it's over at [COORDINATES] huh? An I guess we're real lucky we didn't just admit t' not having any air support. 'Cause that'd make breaking a deal with someone who does over a stupid robot who's more a hindrance than anything really really friggin' dumb."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-19, 05:13 AM
"Thank you for understanding! It's always a messy business, fighting wizards. It's so much easier to try to just avoid them altogether." Dabar replies, taking out a napkin to wipe up the blood that is pouring out of the newly reopened claw-marks. "I guess in that case, I should be going." Looking down at the magical rubik's cube, he adds "Hey, you want to keep the flask? I mean, I don't really have much use for it. You might not either, but you it's worth quite a penny and hey, if you were able to solve it maybe you can figure out how to control it." Because Dabar doesn't have the slightest clue.

From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger smiles. Which looks a bit awkward given his facial structure, but it's not that bad, surprisingly.
"I'll keep it for the entertainment value if nothing else. Find me if you need anything, then. I don't have a phone or anything yet, but minotaurs are rare enough around here that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding me."

OrchestraHc
2013-04-19, 11:03 AM
Black Clad Gentlemen

"Good. Good. Tomorrow." Draping the towel over his shoulders like a cape, Melbourne scuttles towards the door, and if Pepperjack follows, out through the club proper.

Black Clad Gentleman

"Yes yes. Try not to get in trouble along the way." Pepperjack leads him out. "See you tomorrow Melbourne."

And then some sort of timeskip occurs?

[Gothic House-Rooftops]

"I thought the smoke was very useful." Calvin says as he pulls out a thin but very strong rope from a pocket. Only about 15 feet or so of it, but that should be more then enough to tie someone up. He walks over to hand it to Young Star turning his gaze at the disoriented mage.

Gothic House - Rooftop

"A planned smoke bomb would have been useful." Young Star just will not let that go.

Young Star (tries to) pretty handily binds the mages hands behind his back and ankle while we're at it. Assuming that goes by without incident, he
shakes the wizard by the shoulder trying to get him up.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-19, 03:51 PM
Vacant Lot

"Well, I was sapient beforehand, and I was changed by a Kami, so I'm weird in the first place. Maybe it's just really rare or something? It doesn't really seem to match my personality..."

She isn't really a blasty, violent kind of person. Now, that's not to say she won't use it if she has a good reason!

Vacant Lot

"Could even be unique to you for that reason. Mind if I try again, with you paying attention to it this time to see what happens internally? I'm going to try to get it to do something different to give us a broader idea of what it is besides explodey." If given the go ahead, Mintbalm will do just that, trying to coerce Sophie's power into doing something other than creating an explosion.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-19, 04:05 PM
Vacant Lot

Sophie nods, and then as the magic manifests itself she raises her hand and a gout of fire appears. She takes a step back when this happens, a bit surprised.

"This feels really weird."

Earl of Purple
2013-04-19, 04:21 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The thing is dead! Flechettes scatter its brain-material, gloopy black blood and fragments of skull in quite a large cone from the top of its head. It stops struggling as it goes limp, its mouth-tentacles drooping back and lolling over its head.

Samantha is free to run away, burn the body, loot the area or do whatever else she wishes.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-19, 04:53 PM
[Red Zone - Alleywaylaid]

Well, first, she stands, and picks up her Mauser. After that, though, she checks the body for anything, followed by checking the alleyway if there's nothing. She'll make sure to keep her carbine out, though - it may not be as accurate when fired one-handed, but the flechettes should still do the trick if whatever's going after her isn't too terribly far away.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-19, 05:03 PM
Vacant Lot

Sophie nods, and then as the magic manifests itself she raises her hand and a gout of fire appears. She takes a step back when this happens, a bit surprised.

"This feels really weird."

Vacant Lot

"Think you could do it again on your own if you tried? It looked a lot like what those human mages do, so that might be a clue... maybe." Mintbalm honestly doesn't know. Fire and explosions... maybe it could do something useful next? She'll give Sophie a chance to try on her own though, before trying something else.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-19, 05:06 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The thing has a necklace made of an old obsidian arrowhead on a leather cord. If Samantha chooses to wear it, she might find her ranged attacks being slightly more accurate. It also has a small piece of peridot, a clear green crystalline mineral, in its pocket. Whilst it is in Samantha's possession, she may find slightly more money in any container she chooses to rifle through.

Stuffed into a nearby wheelie bin is a dead man. They haven't been dead very long, and seem to have been taken by surprise. They are wearing a bloodstained, ripped silk shirt and loose linen trousers. The man's liver, eyes and tongue have been eaten. At his waist is a leather belt with a plain dagger still sheathed. The dagger is not enchanted.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-19, 05:34 PM
Vacant Lot

"I think..." There is a slight fwoosh and a bit of flame appears above her palm. not much more than the flame on a candle, but still notable. "It feels hot, really hot, but it doesn't hurt." However, to others it will feel painful. Sophie's magic just doesn't hurt her.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-19, 05:38 PM
Vacant Lot

"I think..." There is a slight fwoosh and a bit of flame appears above her palm. not much more than the flame on a candle, but still notable. "It feels hot, really hot, but it doesn't hurt." However, to others it will feel painful. Sophie's magic just doesn't hurt her.

Vacant Lot

"Woo! You got it to work on your own. Okay, so I could keep trying to get it to do different things so you can get a good idea of what it's capable of, or you could just start experimenting on your own with whatever feels right. Now that you know what it feels like to use it, it should be easier to know how it should be used, you know?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-19, 05:42 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah," she replies and gets rid of the flame. "Let me try... water isn't working. This is weird, I can just kind of tell what doesn't wor-" suddenly an ice crystal appears above her hand. "What, it likes ice?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-19, 06:02 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The thing has a necklace made of an old obsidian arrowhead on a leather cord. If Samantha chooses to wear it, she might find her ranged attacks being slightly more accurate. It also has a small piece of peridot, a clear green crystalline mineral, in its pocket. Whilst it is in Samantha's possession, she may find slightly more money in any container she chooses to rifle through.

Stuffed into a nearby wheelie bin is a dead man. They haven't been dead very long, and seem to have been taken by surprise. They are wearing a bloodstained, ripped silk shirt and loose linen trousers. The man's liver, eyes and tongue have been eaten. At his waist is a leather belt with a plain dagger still sheathed. The dagger is not enchanted.

Eh, well, more than she had before, so she's not going to turn anything down. Including the shirt and trousers, if she can strip them off with one hand; should the man have a wallet or anything of the sort that she can locate, she'll also check it for an ID, in the hopes of being able to get a reward from his family.

The peridot goes into her pocket, while the arrowhead will either be put on or stowed in the same place, depending on how long the cord is; if it won't fit around her neck, and is too long to make a good bracelet, she's not going to bother trying to rig something up at this point.

That done, she'll check the alley for anything she might have missed, including spare change that might be under any litter, and other ways in or out.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-19, 06:16 PM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The shirt is probably easier to just rip off the rest of the way. Most of it is beyond salvaging, anyway. The arrowhead will fit around her neck quite comfortably.

There's a pouch half-full of gold coins that has tumbled loose from the man's belt at the bottom of his wheelie bin. It also has what seems to be a room key for a hotel, marked Room 657 D20 Hotel. There is also a British ten pound note crumpled in a discarded old boot and a slight scattering of small copper coins. And because the man is too rich to wander around barefoot, he's also wearing a pair of black Chelsea boots.

The alleyway goes around a bend ahead of her, and that might lead to a way out. Or there's a manhole cover into the sewers and a rusting ladder bolted to the side of one of the buildings.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-19, 08:31 PM
Vacant Lot

"Yeah," she replies and gets rid of the flame. "Let me try... water isn't working. This is weird, I can just kind of tell what doesn't wor-" suddenly an ice crystal appears above her hand. "What, it likes ice?"

Vacant Lot

"Hmm..." Mintbalm seems to have a thought in mind, but she chews her lip for a moment before saying something.

"Can you try melting the ice? Either with your magic or just by putting your hand on it and seeing if your body heat melts it a bit? I wonder if it stays permanently cold."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-19, 09:49 PM
Vacant Lot

"And..." The ice melts, the water falling to the ground. "Nope, it melts. It's not permanent ice. This is somehow easier than I was expecting it to be... well, I'm getting a little tired."

ThirdEmperor
2013-04-19, 11:27 PM
Black Clad Gentleman

Why, yes, this does seem like a good point for a
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/timeskip.png

Market Street

One day later a certain merkin can be found slinking along market street, surrounded by an island of solitude in the sea of people, thanks to hissing violently at anyone who gets near. Finding an empty spot between the rows of booths, Mel unrolls a tarp to sit on and waits for his partner in crime.

Red Zone

Sir Hex steps out of thin air onto the corner of Cirrus and Arkhan, pulling a delusionally incohorent Marty after him. "And here we are! Inside! The beating heart of madness in this world! Now, Marty, go! Go forth and conquer! Seize the day!" And so saying, he attempts to spin Marty round towards the nearest alley and give him a quick boot to the butt to get him going.

GrandDM
2013-04-20, 02:30 AM
[Outside the Dancing Fox]

Shadow stands for a moment, looking around, then walks over to a nearby shadow. He crouches and trails his fingers through it - their tips disappearing in as if it was a pool of water.

After a moment, he nods, and steps into it, vanishing entirely. However, a moment later, a grey, hazy version of himself steps back out - even less substantial that his whole form. It walks off in the other direction.

Main Shadow: To the Remnant!
Thin Shadow: To Mallside!

Zefir
2013-04-20, 08:57 AM
[DMC 2.0]

"A doctor by training, a trader by necessity," replies Yuki with a small shrug. He glances from the screen to the newly-formed dagger and grins. "Interesting..."

"As for those places," he continues. "They're faraway, likely not even on this plane of reality. I don't know if you would have the resources to travel there."

[DMC 2.0]

Hmm such things allways sound strange. Need of high technologie, but unable to reach. The question comes up hoe he will get there.

"Don't worry about that. I was send to the Nexus so we got enougth power to travel through other planes." And the fact is that her god only gives out things if he get's something back.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-20, 09:07 AM
Red Zone- Alleywaylaid

The shirt is probably easier to just rip off the rest of the way. Most of it is beyond salvaging, anyway. The arrowhead will fit around her neck quite comfortably.

There's a pouch half-full of gold coins that has tumbled loose from the man's belt at the bottom of his wheelie bin. It also has what seems to be a room key for a hotel, marked Room 657 D20 Hotel. There is also a British ten pound note crumpled in a discarded old boot and a slight scattering of small copper coins. And because the man is too rich to wander around barefoot, he's also wearing a pair of black Chelsea boots.

The alleyway goes around a bend ahead of her, and that might lead to a way out. Or there's a manhole cover into the sewers and a rusting ladder bolted to the side of one of the buildings.

Well, the coins are obviously taken, as is the ten-pound note. And his boots, for that matter. The key is also taken, but not noted yet, as she simply picked up the pouch for now.

With that, she looks around one last time, then, as she can't move manholes right now, goes to climb up the ladder, though naturally enough she only uses one hand to do so.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-20, 02:22 PM
Red Zone- Up the Ladder

The ladder creaks and groans alarmingly under Samantha's weight. Not that I'm saying she's fat, just that the ladder is old, rusty, and hasn't been used in a very long time. The ladder leads to a flat roof. There's several more flat roofs nearby, including one on the other side of the alleyway that could be accessed by jumping if she feels confident enough. Alternately, there's a row of windows overlooking the roof in the building to the left, one of which is broken. The building to the right has a pitched roof, though there's enough holes in the tiles that it could, conceivably, be climbed. Also, somebody has built a small shack on this roof out of assorted scrap materials. It is about two metres long, wide and tall, with a door held closed by a bicycle lock with rubberised chain. The lock is probably the most sturdy part of the structure.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-20, 03:54 PM
[Red Zone - Rooftops]

Samantha not being one to leave a potential threat behind her, she goes over and, standing to one side, so as to hopefully throw off anyone who might shoot at where the sound came from, or anything like that, knocks on the door of the shack.

Should she get no response, she'll repeat this process a few times, switching sides each time she does, though being careful to knock in the same spot no matter where she's standing, then, if she still hasn't gotten an answer, she'll try to kick the area where the chain connects the door and the wall, in order to hopefully rip the chain out of one or both.

If she manages that, then she'll look around carefully; otherwise, she'll simply move on, heading for the roof with the broken window.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-20, 04:11 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops

There's no reply to any of the knocking. When the door is kicked in, it falls off completely- it's supposed to open outwards, and kicking it in smashed the hinges as well as ripped the lock off. Inside there's a pile of ragged bedding, a battered metal shelving unit with a collection of items upon it and a battered cardboard box serving as a table, with a plate and some cutlery upon it. Whomever lives here is currently away.

Halae
2013-04-20, 06:57 PM
[Some Street Somewhere]

Rushing about is a man in a a cotton shirt and basic cloth pants; he appears to be he sort of person you'd expect to see on a medieval farm and the like. "Please! Can anybody help me?" He seems a bit panicked, though that may be because of all the new sights and sounds.

Devixer
2013-04-20, 07:01 PM
Some Street Somewhere

This man is quickly approached by a woman in a white hooded robe and leather armor, who is carrying several medieval weapons. "You require help? What is going on?" she asks.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-20, 07:08 PM
\
Red Zone

Sir Hex steps out of thin air onto the corner of Cirrus and Arkhan, pulling a delusionally incohorent Marty after him. "And here we are! Inside! The beating heart of madness in this world! Now, Marty, go! Go forth and conquer! Seize the day!" And so saying, he attempts to spin Marty round towards the nearest alley and give him a quick boot to the butt to get him going.

Marty groans and is pushed into the alley, completely confused. He's kicked and wobbles over into the dark alley. Wuh...wait, w-what? That's n-not funny...Noh funny... Marty groans and leans against the alley wall, spitting on the ground. NExt he looks into the shadows, watching the wall grow faces and turning and faces and voices and shadows!

Are you playing his illusions?

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-20, 07:13 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops

There's no reply to any of the knocking. When the door is kicked in, it falls off completely- it's supposed to open outwards, and kicking it in smashed the hinges as well as ripped the lock off. Inside there's a pile of ragged bedding, a battered metal shelving unit with a collection of items upon it and a battered cardboard box serving as a table, with a plate and some cutlery upon it. Whomever lives here is currently away.

[Red Zone - Rooftops]

Samantha looks over the items on the shelving unit, though if there's nothing of note, she'll write a quick note, along the lines of 'Sorry for smashing your door. Got attacked by something and thought it might have friends here. Buy yourself something nice.', with ten of the gold coins stacked on top of it, followed by heading out and for the building with the broken window.

Halae
2013-04-20, 07:20 PM
Some Street Somewhere

This man is quickly approached by a woman in a white hooded robe and leather armor, who is carrying several medieval weapons. "You require help? What is going on?" she asks.[Some Street Somewhere]

"It's our children. They've been vanishing in the night, and we need help. The village elder is too proud to realize that we need people to save us when we can't help ourselves." he says, "we don't know where they're going, but the town is dying; most people are packing up and leaving rather than have their children kidnapped like the rest."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-20, 07:22 PM
Some Street Somewhere

Someone else was in hearing range, and does start toward the man before the woman gets to him. It's another woman, with bright blue eyes and dark green hair. She walks up, and listens to what he says. "That's quite upsetting. I'm more than willing to help, sir," she states simply.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-20, 07:29 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops

The items on the shelves include spent bullet casings, musket balls, an old metal tobacco tin filled with relatively-shiny buttons, several small animal skulls, a bag of jelly babies and a small lump of black warpstone, giving off a faint green glow. If the warpstone is directly handled, it might cause minor physical mutations, but otherwise it's too small to have any effect.

The window leads into a small room, apparently used as a storage space. Seven metal crates are stacked against one wall, and a bookshelf lines another. Everything is old and covered in dust- it seems nobody has visited the room for a very long time.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-20, 07:30 PM
Black Clad Gentleman

Why, yes, this does seem like a good point for a
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/timeskip.png

Market Street

One day later a certain merkin can be found slinking along market street, surrounded by an island of solitude in the sea of people, thanks to hissing violently at anyone who gets near. Finding an empty spot between the rows of booths, Mel unrolls a tarp to sit on and waits for his partner in crime.

[Market Street]

Pepperjack is there in short order, a bag of trash treasures, enchantable, shiny, valuable treasures for Mel to use his deep sea mojo on. "Good day, Melbourne. I take it we are about to set up shop." The assassin takes a look at the cleared space. "You must have driven a hard bargain to be given such a wide berth. Quite impressive." It's not hard to imagine Melbourne getting *snerk* CRABBY with anyone who didn't agree with him.

Mr. Moon
2013-04-20, 07:34 PM
A Street in a Place

The group is soon joined by a young tiefling girl, all crimson skin and long, straight white hair. Her horns double back from where they protrude from her forehead, curving back along her head only to turn back forwards so they set into a gentle stop around her cheekbones. Several rings hang from them, largely made of silver with cheap fake jewels set in them. But it looks pretty, and that's what matters really. She wears more modern apparel than the farmer and the medievally-armed woman - a low-cut navy shirt decorated with stars under an open black and white overshirt and jeans that are rather on the snug side. She comes to a stop by the gathering, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "Sounds like yer all gonna need 'nother hand," she comments in a vaugly metropolitan drawl. "I gots the day off t'day. Guess I could lend m' wand."

Devixer
2013-04-20, 07:38 PM
Some Street Somewhere

As she listens to the man's plea, the woman's left hand clenches into a fist. "I will be sure to investigate, sir," she says, only acknowledging the presence of the other two with a nod towards each of them.

Halae
2013-04-20, 07:40 PM
[A Street Somewhere]

The man looks hesitantly between the three women, and then nods, "Thank you very much, kind madams. Please, we need to hurry back to my village." He doesn't like getting a group of women for this, but, desperate times...

As he starts moving in a hurried walk towards the village exit, he says, "My name is Sebastion. Might I ask yours?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-20, 07:44 PM
[Red Zone - Rooftops]

Unfortunately, she doesn't know what warpstone is, only that it might be valuable, or magical, and that it's quite possible this was where that thing was living, as well as that she has very little, and thus picks it up.

When she arrives in the next building, she looks through the crates first, checking each carefully.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-20, 07:46 PM
A Street Somewhere

"Copi," the green-haired woman says simply. She's wearing an odd, green dress, too... it looks a bit like a lab coat. If the others get a good look at her, they might notice that her skin doesn't look quite natural... and her eyes look creepy from the wrong angle.

Mr. Moon
2013-04-20, 07:53 PM
A Street! We're Walkin' On It!

Sticking her thumbs in her pockets, the teifling trails along behind Sebastian. "Name's Tessa," she says, with a nod and a smile. Either she has great genes or her parents forced her into braces as a kid because damn those teeth are straight. Coffee stained, though. "Tessa Locke. So, ah, what, 'xactly, is goin' on wit' yer kids?"

Devixer
2013-04-20, 07:57 PM
Walkin' on the Street

"Iamar Shalhoub," the hooded woman says, easily able to keep the man's hurried pace. She doesn't say much otherwise, though, and doesn't seem too unusual besides all the weapons she openly carries.

Earl of Purple
2013-04-20, 07:57 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops

The first chest contains a large assortment of advanced electrical components. Despite the fact that they are probably five or ten years ahead of Earth, they look like they have been sitting here for about twenty.

The second chest contains lots of tissue paper and a small derringer, though there's no ammunition and it is currently unloaded.

The third chest has a small satin bag containing a fire opal hidden amongst a collection of broken toys.

The fourth chest has a posh black tophat that looks as good as new. It helps whomever wears it be more persuasive, though also more likely to have an argument.

The fifth chest contains the sounds of a funfair, which quickly leak out when it is opened.

The sixth chest is the coffin of a mummified cat's corpse with a ruby-encrusted collar about its neck and a small pearl earring in its left ear.

The seventh chest is empty besides an ornate pen placed carefully in the centre of a pentagram surrounded by mystic-looking symbols. Both the symbols and the pentagram give off a faint orange light.

Halae
2013-04-20, 08:12 PM
[A Street Somewhere]

Sebastian keeps walking as he talks, moving off into a plot thread with the three women. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15129725&postcount=1303)

Morcleon
2013-04-20, 09:39 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Hmm such things allways sound strange. Need of high technologie, but unable to reach. The question comes up hoe he will get there.

"Don't worry about that. I was send to the Nexus so we got enougth power to travel through other planes." And the fact is that her god only gives out things if he get's something back.

[DMC 2.0]

"Well, it's not quite another plane," mumbles Yuki, still a bit hesitant. "It's more of another existence altogether."

He pauses for a second, then perks up. "I could take you there. Doubt I could take any more people though..."

McBish
2013-04-20, 10:59 PM
Gothic House - Rooftop

"A planned smoke bomb would have been useful." Young Star just will not let that go.

Young Star (tries to) pretty handily binds the mages hands behind his back and ankle while we're at it. Assuming that goes by without incident, he
shakes the wizard by the shoulder trying to get him up.

Calvin just frowns and continues to pace. The wizard's mind seems to be clearing. "Ow, what? Where am I?" He looks up at Young Star and Calvin and groans a bit. "Damm."

GrandDM
2013-04-21, 12:38 AM
[Shadowside]

In the air above the strange, light-inverted district, Shadow hovers, looking down. He seems to be tracking something. Picking his moment, he dives low, landing neatly on the pavement. He walks along the road, carefully avoiding the worst of the light cast by the shadow-buildings, moving towards one person in particular. When he reaches her, he speaks:

"I didn't realise I had a counterpart here."

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-21, 01:07 AM
[Shadowside]

The woman, who is half-shadow, half-flesh, with black hair, and eyes that eat light, though Shadow, being rather odd himself may find her pretty, shrugs.

"Nor did I... Here for the usual dueling game?"

GrandDM
2013-04-21, 01:14 AM
[Shadowside]

Shadow's head tilts slightly to one side, and you get the feeling that, if he had a face, he would be frowning.

"Duelling game? I haven't heard of any duelling game. I came here because of you."

He examines her closely, paying particular attention to the join between shadow and flesh.

"You would appear to be my counterpart from another realm... tell me, how much have you developed your powers?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-21, 01:28 AM
[Shadowside]

"Not here for my head, then? Excellent! And I would say I have developed them reasonably far, given what I am now and the limitations that entails... What of you, though, cousin? You seem to have certain abilities yourself to have gotten here..."

Where shadow meets flesh ripples and distorts as she speaks, sliding across her body...

GrandDM
2013-04-21, 01:37 AM
[Shadowside]

Shadow nods slowly, still considering. He examines the strange ripples closely, watching how they form and dissipate.

"Indeed, I have power... although I haven't exercised it properly in aeons. I tend towards reclusiveness... when you're immortal, making friends is hard. You always know that you'll outlast them, you'll still be there when they've long since crumbled into dust...

But that's beside the point. Yes, I am powerful, but it's you who is the real curiosity here. The 'what I am now' comment suggests that you weren't always like this, and I must admit I am curious as to how you came to be merged with... whichever half of you wasn't there before. As to the join... I have never seen anything like this, although I knew it was theoretically possible... but the power required to do so would be immense."

Shadow thinks for a moment.

"You mentioned a duelling game? I would be interested to see just how strong you really are... strictly a friendly match, of course."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 09:16 AM
Vacant Lot

"And..." The ice melts, the water falling to the ground. "Nope, it melts. It's not permanent ice. This is somehow easier than I was expecting it to be... well, I'm getting a little tired."

Vacant Lot

Sophie gets a nod in response, "Yeah, minor fey have limits to how much power they can use before resting, because there's so many of them to make up for how limited each one is. When a bunch of pixies get together in a swarm it really doesn't matter if one of them runs out of dust, there's plenty more to replace her. So if fire and ice are both things you can use... maybe it's to do with temperature? That doesn't sound exactly right, since you made an explosion first. Maybe it's physical reactions instead." Could be a lot of things from what they've seen so far, but if Sophie is getting a feel for what doesn't work, it'll be easier to narrow it down the more she keeps working at it.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 09:35 AM
Vacant Lot

Sophie is making some other gestures, trying to get more to work. "I don't know? I'm trying some other things and they aren't working. What's some really archtypical spells? Can't fly, can't move stuff around, can't-" Suddenly electricity arcs between her hands. "Yeep!"

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 12:18 PM
Vacant Lot

"Huh..." Well that's something. Maybe...

"Try making vibrations maybe? Like sound waves. I think it might be more energy than anything else. I mean, you had kinetic, the thermal both ways, and now electrical."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 12:31 PM
Vacant Lot

"Maybe, but flying is kinetic energy, too, and that didn't feel like something I could do."

After a moment of her concentrating, there is a high-pitched noise... a very loud noise, that will probably hurt Mintbalm's ears. This rather surprises Sophie, who reflexively holds her hands to their years.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 12:55 PM
Vacant Lot

"Maybe, but flying is kinetic energy, too, and that didn't feel like something I could do."

After a moment of her concentrating, there is a high-pitched noise... a very loud noise, that will probably hurt Mintbalm's ears. This rather surprises Sophie, who reflexively holds her hands to their years.

Vacant Lot

For a moment, Mintbalm winces, but after that point the sound would have to travel through the sudden pockets of vacuum that formed in a thin shell around her ears.

After a moment of hesitation, a similar tiny shell attempts to form over each of Sophie's ears, in the atom-thin space between where her hands are pressed over them.

Presuming the sound stops at some point, Mintbalm will speak up a bit afterwards, "Well, most of the limits on lesser fey can be gotten around if you're clever enough to think of an unconventional way to do it. Explosions and fire are both used to propel things right? And they don't seem to hurt you to use, so you could probably fly by using a bunch of controlled explosions or a jet of fire somehow." Mintbalm's going straight from experimentation to bad ideas now, and she doesn't even seem to notice.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 01:45 PM
Vacant Lot

"I want to figure out what I do first before I try to do crazy things. It seems like everything I do can hurt people. Maybe that's it?" She isn't happy about this possible connection, but it's the only one she can think of for now.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 01:52 PM
Vacant Lot

"I want to figure out what I do first before I try to do crazy things. It seems like everything I do can hurt people. Maybe that's it?" She isn't happy about this possible connection, but it's the only one she can think of for now.

Vacant Lot

"Nah, I really doubt that's it. A lot of things can hurt people, but so can water and you can't manipulate that. I'm still thinking that it's energy based since you can do all these things so far. Can you try tossing something maybe? That'd be kinetic energy again."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 02:19 PM
Vacant Lot

Sophie gestures at nearbye rock, and tries to move it, but...

"Grr! Why is my power so picky? I can't get it to just move. I can kind of feel it, and kind of..." She makes a fist, and the rock cracks and crumbles. "You said that fairy power was usually kind of subtle? Mine seems to have no subtle mode at all..."

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 02:22 PM
Vacant Lot

"If I had to guess? You've never been in the feywild, or the Land Between, and you're not drawing from fey nature energy. You're drawing off Nexus' nature energy, and the Nexus isn't meant to be subtle. I've heard of fey here that don't follow the same rules as the ones in the Land, so I guess you've just got your own rules too."

happyturtle
2013-04-21, 03:28 PM
Crapsaccharine World Lane

Willow is walking with her devilishly handsome (*cough*) boyfriend Arthur, and talking over the complications she's having with her teleportation research. Anyone listening in is likely to have most of the talk go way way over their head, unless they happen to also be a mad scientist. Which means, probably about one in four PCs.

"Then I got to thinking how much easier it would be once we get settled in Skyside, and we have a lab we've designed from scratch instead of using Dad's place. I mean, yeah, he's smart and all, but he's optimised for Giant Killer Robots rather than Neurobiology and Chemistry. And then I realized that once we do get our lab set up, we're going to need a minion. Don't you think?"

blackouttwo
2013-04-21, 03:31 PM
[Crapsaccharine World Lane]

Arthur's been able to follow Willow's train of thought pretty well, right up until the mention of minions. He raises an eyebrow in confusion. Arthur's never been one for letting other people do the heavy lifting/wetwork for him. Kind of odd, considering his genes on his mother's side are pretty much optimized for that. "What, like a hunchbacked goon with a speech impediment like in Frankenstein, or, say, black-ops enforcer team with basic maintenance skills?"

happyturtle
2013-04-21, 03:40 PM

"More of a modernized version of Igor, I think. The whole matching up to clichés thing is more of a Magtok thing. Someone who can assist with our research, but doesn't understand it quite enough to steal it. Probably we can use him, her, or it as a guinea pig as well, when we need a step between animal testing and public release." Willow says. "If you wanted to keep a black ops team on retainer, I guess we could, but it sounds like that would get really expensive."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 03:43 PM
Vacant Lot

"That about makes as much sense as anything else. The question is what rules I follow and how I can work with them." She sighs. "Okay, I want to rest for now. I can mess with this later, let's go back to the apartment."

Zefir
2013-04-21, 03:50 PM
[DMC 2.0]

"Well, it's not quite another plane," mumbles Yuki, still a bit hesitant. "It's more of another existence altogether."

He pauses for a second, then perks up. "I could take you there. Doubt I could take any more people though..."

[DMC 2.0]

"Don't worry aout that. Deus Mechanicus is a strong god. He managed to send me here and I know he could bring me to your place as well."

Mia sounds very seriouse with her words.

blackouttwo
2013-04-21, 03:54 PM

"It'd get expensive...and I'm not big on human testing." Arthur frowns at that. Honestly, there's not much need for human testing in weapons development. Even though he's sworn off that. "I'm still trying to figure out what kind of field I want to get into. I can barely look at a TV anymore without thinking 'needs more laser cannons.'"

happyturtle
2013-04-21, 03:59 PM

"I don't mean weapons testing on our minion. That would be ridiculous. But utility gear, like the active camouflage system could do with someone testing it who isn't us. We can't be the test subject and the observers at the same time." Willow says.

blackouttwo
2013-04-21, 04:32 PM

"True. Alright, I suppose we could do with our own private Igor. There's only so many zeroes they could ask for on a paycheck. Skyside's gonna be a rough place, though. No cops. You sure you want to do this?" He neglects to mention he sent in a Partner application a little while ago. He's not about to bring it up unless he actually gets the position. If he can swing it, then it wouldn't really be an issue. If not, then Arthur will need to settle for at least setting them better than the average joe on the street.

Why am I thinking of packing up and leaving for Skyside, anyways? So it's got less restrictions on...well, everything. And no Council to screw things up. If things go bad, I can always come home, but I just got that apartment.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-21, 06:05 PM

"Awesome, thanks." Becca takes the coupon and runs off tot he pokemon center. She hurries inside and looks around for Beatrix. Maybe her Sableye is better by now?

Inside the pokemon center Beatrix is still making a sketch but stops as Becca enters. "How did it go?" She asks, giving the other pokemon trainer a glare.

[Sight Seeing]

"Okay so is there any place you like to see first or should I just pick out one?" Irena asks as they leave the hotel.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-21, 06:16 PM
Gothic House - Rooftop

Calvin just frowns and continues to pace. The wizard's mind seems to be clearing. "Ow, what? Where am I?" He looks up at Young Star and Calvin and groans a bit. "Damm."

"Damn indeed," the superhero says, not missing a beat and keeping a friendly attitude. "Hi there, I'm Young Star. You already know Calvin. Calvin here says you and your pals have been messing with him, and I've seen a bit of it first hand. Why are you guys causing him so much trouble?" He asks like a teacher talking to a grade schooler.

Gullara
2013-04-21, 06:25 PM

"Fine. I ended up releasing him. I'll see him around, but we're not battling together anymore." Becca says, glaring back at the Beatrix. She didn't need to look at her like that!

[Sightseeing]

Nadia follows along with Irena, with Eliseo in a cloth carrying wrapped around her front. The baby is busy tugging at some if Nadia's hair, but it doesn't hurt her, or tug at her scalp at all. "I'm not sure. Go ahead and pick wherever." Nadia says.

Morcleon
2013-04-21, 07:38 PM
[DMC 2.0]

"Don't worry aout that. Deus Mechanicus is a strong god. He managed to send me here and I know he could bring me to your place as well."

Mia sounds very seriouse with her words.

[DMC 2.0]

"That, um, works, I suppose," Yuki nods once. He glances over again at the nanite-dagger, and asks, "When do you want to leave?"

Halae
2013-04-21, 08:39 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

There's a man here, probably in his mid-twenties. He wears a dark green robe over his scrawny form, and his albinism is clear - pale skin, one red eye, and white hair. His other eye is covered by a large leather eyepatch, the type which you expect to never take off again. He probably doesn't have that eye anymore. Those that can sense such things will detect his robe is magical in more ways than one, but not much else on him is magical.

At the moment, he's carrying a pair of brown bags filled with various types of food. He enjoys cooking, after all.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 08:52 PM
Vacant Lot

"That about makes as much sense as anything else. The question is what rules I follow and how I can work with them." She sighs. "Okay, I want to rest for now. I can mess with this later, let's go back to the apartment."

Vacant Lot

Mintbalm gets a toothy grin, "Alright, but if I'm going to be your taxi service then I'll have to start charging you a dollar there and back every time we go out and do things." With that, gravity will go neutral in a significant area around Mintbalm and she'll push off of the ground with one foot, gently floating upwards.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-21, 08:57 PM
Vacant Lot

Sophie smirks back, jokingly, and crosses her arms as she lets herself get caught in the field. "Well, if you're so kind as to offer, I suppose it would be faster than hopping everywhere."

Reinholdt
2013-04-21, 09:01 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

"Stop thief!"
A fairly generic looking thief, complete with black woolen sweater and cap is running away like his life depends on it from this kid who's giving chase.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/Vincentwildhairbattletime.png

Granted, if someone with that large pointy thing was after me, I'd run that fast too.

I am, of course, referring to Vincent's hair.

Halae
2013-04-21, 09:08 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

Upon hearing the word "Thief," Hadlin's mind springs into action, and his first response is to call upon his new summon A dark green glow will escape from the side of his robe, coalescing into the form of a large cat made from vines and other plant matter. The most notable part is that the tip of its tail has a very large pink flower on the end.

"Stop the thief," He says simply, and the Cath Flidais will leap into action, spraying the area the thief is heading for with a cloud of yellow gas from its tail. the smell is beautiful and sweet, and causes those who enter to get so drowsy they fall asleep. It'll dissipate in a few minutes though, but anybody who enters is likely in for nap time.

Slii Arhem
2013-04-21, 09:11 PM
Vacant Lot

Sophie smirks back, jokingly, and crosses her arms as she lets herself get caught in the field. "Well, if you're so kind as to offer, I suppose it would be faster than hopping everywhere."

Vacant Lot

After they're both lifted sufficiently, the gravity will change so that it pulls them slightly westward, towards Kate and Sophie's apartment building. It will be a leisurely pace, but better than freefalling at normal terminal velocity. If anything comes up in their path, the force will tug them in a slightly different direction to avoid it.

Reinholdt
2013-04-21, 09:26 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

Man, poor thief doesn't even get a fight scene. Guess he's not going to be recurring. Nope, he's out cold rather quickly.

Vincent runs into the cloud as well but stops when he reaches the thief and looks around, confused. Seemingly unaffected as well. Very odd.
"What's going on?"

Halae
2013-04-21, 09:45 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

"You said he was a thief, right?" Hadlin says, and the Cath flidais will fade back into the dark green glow, to proceed back into his robe once more, "I put him to sleep for the next hour or so. otherwise he's fine. Mostly, I'm wondering how you're breathing in that stuff."

Reinholdt
2013-04-21, 10:18 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

"Yes. He was, thank you." Vincent says stepping up to the thief and bending down to get his gil back.

"I've got a ribbon, so I'm immune to sleep." Vincent explains. There is no visible ribbon.

Halae
2013-04-21, 10:28 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

Hadlin blinks, "Ribbon? Is that some enchanted item I've never heard of before?" what was with this guy? What was with that sword? What was with that HAIR?

Reinholdt
2013-04-21, 10:37 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

"Errr... no. Not really. It's just an everyday ordinary ribbon. They make you immune to status effects so long as you have it equipped in your accessary slot. Sure you're giving some really cool options, but no one ever regrets it when the doom and petrification and confusion start getting thrown around." Confusion's the worst. :smallyuk:

"What happened to your pet?"

Halae
2013-04-21, 10:40 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

One can almost hear the creaking of Hadlin's brain as he looks incredulously at Vincent.

"... right. I'm a summoner. It's just bound right now, so it's hidden until I need it."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-21, 10:53 PM
Wandering the Streets

Lexington, Space Dinosaur Wizard and holder of the title of LDK's Craziest Character Concept (so far), has apparently survived the collapse of the last topic he was in, and is currently walking casually down the streets of Inside and very much enjoying the fact that he can do so.
The seven-plus foot allosaur is just walking around, dragon-like ears twitching occasionally and ignoring the beep or two from his wrist computer.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Reinholdt
2013-04-21, 11:00 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

"Oh you're a summoner too! That's awesome!" :smallbiggrin:

"Your summon is so much cooler than mine though." At least 20% cooler.

Deadtime.

Halae
2013-04-21, 11:19 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

Hadlin shrugs, "It's a Cath Flidais. they're neither that powerful or that hard to summon. What pacts have you made?"

Zefir
2013-04-22, 03:33 AM
[The Fairview Hotel, located in the Blue Zone]

Andy stands in front of the Hotel. He looks back down on his note. 'Short Term Employement' was mentioned on the WALL. It sounds very dangerouse, but he is able to defend himself. In best case he might be able to expand his knowledge.

He puts the note back into one of the Labcoat's pockets he currently wears. Andy pass through the glass door. His hair rumple up by the blower, which keeps the cold outside. He needs a moment to fix his hair and then heads for the Front Desk.

"Excuse me. I'm here for the Short Term Employement for a person of a scientific mind. Can you tell me where I need to go?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia press another button and in an instant the dagger returns to it's fluid form.

"That depends. If they really need them it may need a bot until I got enougth to help them. These guys are high intelligent, but they need time."

happyturtle
2013-04-22, 06:31 AM

"True. Alright, I suppose we could do with our own private Igor. There's only so many zeroes they could ask for on a paycheck. Skyside's gonna be a rough place, though. No cops. You sure you want to do this?" He neglects to mention he sent in a Partner application a little while ago. He's not about to bring it up unless he actually gets the position. If he can swing it, then it wouldn't really be an issue. If not, then Arthur will need to settle for at least setting them better than the average joe on the street.

Why am I thinking of packing up and leaving for Skyside, anyways? So it's got less restrictions on...well, everything. And no Council to screw things up. If things go bad, I can always come home, but I just got that apartment.

"Of course. Haven't you ever dreamed of living on your own 'Castle on a Cloud'?" Willow asks, humming the song from Les Miserables. I think Willow has some serious Princess issues. :smallyuk: "Shall we advertise on the Wall?"

ThePhantom
2013-04-22, 11:12 AM

Andy stands in front of the Hotel. He looks back down on his note. 'Short Term Employement' was mentioned on the WALL. It sounds very dangerouse, but he is able to defend himself. In best case he might be able to expand his knowledge.

He puts the note back into one of the Labcoat's pockets he currently wears. Andy pass through the glass door. His hair rumple up by the blower, which keeps the cold outside. He needs a moment to fix his hair and then heads for the Front Desk.

"Excuse me. I'm here for the Short Term Employement for a person of a scientific mind. Can you tell me where I need to go?"

The receptionist looks up at Andy.

"Ah, so you're here to see Mr. Stewart. Suite 24, floor 5."

Reinholdt
2013-04-22, 12:24 PM
[Outdoor Markets]

Hadlin shrugs, "It's a Cath Flidais. they're neither that powerful or that hard to summon. What pacts have you made?"

[Outdoor Markets]

"Pacts? Ummm... just 1, I guess? He's kinda useless too. Stand back..." Vincent says, settling into an active pose.

blackouttwo
2013-04-22, 01:41 PM

Undoubtedly. Arthur seems to be picking up on that little fact. "Not...really?" 'Castles' were traditionally military fortresses. Arthur's done a bit of research into such matters. He never saw himself as a feudal warlord, and he's not about to start now. "Wallvertising sounds good, though. Let's do that. I'll start writing the ad. We want multiple exclamation points or no?"

happyturtle
2013-04-22, 01:53 PM

Willow ponders. "No more than two, I think."

Zefir
2013-04-22, 02:00 PM

"Thank you." Andy responds and heads fot said Suite.

He makes sure that he is in the right floor and knocks on the door with the number 24 on it. Stewart? he asks himlef in mind. Never heared that name before.

McBish
2013-04-22, 02:03 PM
[Gothic Rooftop]

"Damn indeed," the superhero says, not missing a beat and keeping a friendly attitude. "Hi there, I'm Young Star. You already know Calvin. Calvin here says you and your pals have been messing with him, and I've seen a bit of it first hand. Why are you guys causing him so much trouble?" He asks like a teacher talking to a grade schooler.

The mage looks between Young Star and Calvin and then smiles. "Calvin there is a dangerous young man. He is his uncles first and strongest line of defense. Without Calvin his uncle, John Witt, is vulnerable. Don't you know who you are helping?"

Calvin is watching Young Star carefully, seeing how he reacts to he mages words. His muscles tighten and his posture slightly changes, ready for a fight. His breathing steady and calm. He really just wants to shut this mage up, but he doubts he could just get by Young Star. His uncle was right saying it was a mistake to bring the hero, he should have just done this by himself.

ThePhantom
2013-04-22, 02:58 PM

"Thank you." Andy responds and heads fot said Suite.

He makes sure that he is in the right floor and knocks on the door with the number 24 on it. Stewart? he asks himlef in mind. Never heared that name before.

The door revealing someone in a suit of armor.

A scientific mind you hold,
and you come here so bold.
Mr Steward is waiting inside,
so there is no need to hide.

The suit of armor moves away from the door, giving Andy access to the suite.

Zefir
2013-04-22, 03:26 PM

Andy looks a bit confused at the suit, but doesn't bother more. He heads inside, looking for the person called Mr. Steward. The helm hangin on his side rumbels up and down as he steps forward.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-22, 03:38 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops

The first chest contains a large assortment of advanced electrical components. Despite the fact that they are probably five or ten years ahead of Earth, they look like they have been sitting here for about twenty.

The second chest contains lots of tissue paper and a small derringer, though there's no ammunition and it is currently unloaded.

The third chest has a small satin bag containing a fire opal hidden amongst a collection of broken toys.

The fourth chest has a posh black tophat that looks as good as new. It helps whomever wears it be more persuasive, though also more likely to have an argument.

The fifth chest contains the sounds of a funfair, which quickly leak out when it is opened.

The sixth chest is the coffin of a mummified cat's corpse with a ruby-encrusted collar about its neck and a small pearl earring in its left ear.

The seventh chest is empty besides an ornate pen placed carefully in the centre of a pentagram surrounded by mystic-looking symbols. Both the symbols and the pentagram give off a faint orange light.

Samantha is happy to take the contents of the first five chests, but finds the others rather disturbing. And likely magical in some fashion, which she can't deal with. So rather than disturb them, she'll take the chests themselves, if possible.

Either way, though, she heads deeper in after loading up, if possible, looking around carefully.

Joe07
2013-04-22, 03:44 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger smiles. Which looks a bit awkward given his facial structure, but it's not that bad, surprisingly.
"I'll keep it for the entertainment value if nothing else. Find me if you need anything, then. I don't have a phone or anything yet, but minotaurs are rare enough around here that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding me."

" I hope you do well my friend, just try not to fight wizards when you aren't prepared." He said smiling

He turned to Krayger " Shall we be going then."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-22, 03:56 PM
From Bad to Wormholes

Sure, I suppose.
And the going will then commence unless Dabar has anything else to add.

ThePhantom
2013-04-22, 04:19 PM

Andy looks a bit confused at the suit, but doesn't bother more. He heads inside, looking for the person called Mr. Steward. The helm hangin on his side rumbels up and down as he steps forward.

Sitting in a wheelchair is a man with a gasmask. The suit of armor walks over to him, leans closer while the man whisper to it, and straightens.

You are here about the ad,
So what scientific skills to do you have?
So says, Mr Steward.

Gullara
2013-04-29, 01:09 AM
The following scene was done over a chat while the site was down.

Ghar = Gulaghar
LostDeep = Lost_Deep
Rueben = Slii Arhem
Shadowcaller = Shadowcaller

[Sightseeing]

<Shadowcaller> "So what do want to see? We got Trog's, Black Dragon's Den and uh... like temples and cool buildings?" Irena asks.
<Shadowcaller> "There must be something."

<Ghar> "Well I don't want to bring Eliseo to a bar, so the first two are out. I hear there's this big, old time market in the city. We could check that out." Nadia touched the baby's hand when she mentions him.

<Shadowcaller> Man, that baby is such a buzz kill. All the places with alcohol are taken! "Uh, sure I guess. Your wish is my command."
<Shadowcaller> Irena will then proceed to lead Nadia to the market place. Hopefully this would be more exciting than just randomly walking the streets.

<Ghar> Nadia chuckles at Irena as she walks with her. The market is some ways away, so they probably take the Riftline most of the way there. When they do arrive, they find that marketplace bustling with the Nexus' usual variety of people. Stands line the streets, the wares as varied as those buying them. They could probably get lost here for hours if they let themselves. "This actually looks really cool." The lampades says, looking at her fiancée to see what she thinks.

<Shadowcaller> "You mean me or the wares?" Irena replies with a grin, summoning a shadow dagger in her hand which she spins around before dismissing once again. The pain was totally worth the coolness factor!

<Ghar> Nadia rolls her eyes amusedly. Irena is ridiculous. "Both of course, but I was talking about the wares."

<Shadowcaller> "You could be as cool as me one day Nadia." Irena replies. "You just got to practice those cool water powers you have." The witch nods.

<Ghar> "But then I might steal your thunder. We wouldn't want that. I mean, water powers are pretty dang cool. I would probably overshadow you." She says with a wink.

<Shadowcaller> "Pffh, you would be pretty hot in a Katara costume though." Irena observes, looking at her fiancee. "But anyway, you want to buy anything? Point at it and it's yours."

<Ghar> "I assume that's from one of your shows?" Nadia always has such trouble keeping track of any of the characters for all the shows Irena watches. She does seem to recall someone with water powers though. "Let's just browse and see if we find anything interesting."

<LostDeep> To one side is a somewhat small shop, really only notable for the sign, that is glowing magically: Mystique Physique. The pictures in the front window are of a variety of people, ranging from average-looking to rather attractive... actually, these are before and after photos.
<LostDeep> This shop seems to boast of a number of radical makeovers, as it were.

<Shadowcaller> "Seeing anything?" Irena idly wonders.
<Shadowcaller> "And yes, it's avatar the last airbender. Duh."
<Shadowcaller> "Even you must have at least heard of it."

<Ghar> "Oh right. You were watching that the other day, right?" She remembers sitting in front of the TV too, but she was paying more attention to Eliseo than what was on.
<Ghar> The sign of the show catches her eye. "That place looks interesting. Not that I think you need a makeover." She grins at Irena.

<Shadowcaller> Irena shrugs. "We can check it out of you like." She wasn't sure why Nadia were interested in it though, she had gotten so many "makeovers" lately with the whole familiar thing. Then again she hadn't understood why Nadia had wanted to be a familiar either. But she did make a pretty hot catgirl. <.<
<Shadowcaller> She will open the door for Nadia if she likes to enter.

<Ghar> "Let's take a look then. Maybe they do some smaller things than full makeovers."

<Shadowcaller> Irena shrugs again. She wasn't all that concerned about her own appearance. She did like short hair though. "Let's look around then."

<LostDeep> The inside is not dissimilar to, oddly enough, a small doctor's office. There is a waiting room, some potted plants... the main thing that's unusual from that comparison is that there are a pair of purple, tentacle-haired woman manning a counter with display cases built in.
<LostDeep> The display cases are full of trinkets; rings, earrings, wrist bands, necklaces.
<LostDeep> None of it looks very expensive...
<LostDeep> However, If either of them can sense magic, they'll be able to feel that every one of the items is magical.

<Shadowcaller> Irena can't sense magic!

<LostDeep> One woman is currently talking to a vulcan about stomach lesions (ew) but the other looks up as they walk in and waves them over

<Ghar> Nadia glances at the displays, but she doesn't take too much note of their contents. She has no ability to pick up on magic. Instead, she leads the way to the counter.
<Ghar> "Hey, I was wondering if you had any sort of, um, smaller options. Like, I don't know if I'm interested in a complete makeover." Though honestly, the idea is a bit tempting.

<Shadowcaller> Irena is just there, waiting to pay for anything Nadia were interested in.

<LostDeep> "Welcome to mystique boutique, and yes, we do. We sell a number of modifications, either permanent or non-permanent. What might you be interested in?"

<Ghar> "Well I don't really know what sort of options you have." Nadia says. She takes Eliseo out of his carrier and hands him to Irena to hold.

<LostDeep> "We're a magic body modification shop. We're an alternative to elective surgery with less risks, and sell potions and accessories with special effects not commonly found at magical goods stores."
<LostDeep> "We can make effects permanent, or temporary, and we also will genetically sequence you for a fee, looking for any notable genes."

<Ghar> "Genetically sequence me? Could you explain that a bit more?" She's note sure why that's something she might want.

<LostDeep> "Examine your DNA for anything notable. The traditional reasons are tendency for heart disease or cancer, whether you're carrying any genetic diseases, estimate your lifespan, etc. Not a really big concern for most folks, but we do it moderately cheap and pretty fast."

<Shadowcaller> "I'm pretty sure my genes are awesome already, no need to check."

<Ghar> Well she can't really think of any body modifications she'd want. Even temporary ones. But maybe this gene sequencing thing will be interesting.
<Ghar> Nadia gives Irena an amused look before saying. "Sure, let's do the gene sequencing."

<Shadowcaller> "You heard the lady, do whatever. I'll pay."

<LostDeep> "Well, sequencing isn't really a good gift... it takes about a week, and it usually only brings bad news. It is fairly cheap, though, the way we do it, so if you want to do it all I need is for you to pay and give me a bit of your... hair?"
<LostDeep> The woman eyes Nadia's water hair, confused.
<LostDeep> "You've had magic hair this whole time."
<LostDeep> "And I didn't even notice."

<Shadowcaller> "Nothing else you want Nadia?" Irena asks. Sounded like a pretty boring blood test

<LostDeep> "There are a few things I have that are popular among mothers..." The woman offers.

<Ghar> Nadia chuckles. "Yes, I guess magic hair is a good way to put it." She glances at Irena. Hrm... "Oh, sure. What would those be?" She asks curiously.

<LostDeep> "Let me see... for the more normal items, there's endurance, light sleeping to no sleep required, and better hearing."
<LostDeep> "For more... extreme measures, we have items that will give you two more arms when worn."
<LostDeep> "Two things: the four arms thing is very expensive, and no, we do not have patience in a bottle."

<Shadowcaller> "Pffh, Nadia is already a super-mom, she doesn't need anything like that. Do you have anything for babies?"

<LostDeep> "Er... for babies?"

<Shadowcaller> "Yeah, babies." Irena replies with a smile.
<Shadowcaller> She looks pretty amused.

<Ghar> Nadia gives Irena a disapproving look. "I'm sure that'd be a bad idea even if they did offer anything like that." Little bit of protectiveness there.

<LostDeep> "We have things, yes, we can alter his growth in most any way, but... you know, moral issues."
<LostDeep> "Yeah."

<Shadowcaller> "I was just curious!"
<Shadowcaller> "And kidding."
<Shadowcaller> "Besides, it's a god-baby. I'm pretty sure it's immune. Or something."

<LostDeep> "If you were really interested, I would have to send you straight to the top... that's how serious that would be."

<Ghar> "No, that's fine. We're not interested in anything like that." Nadia says. "Enhanced hearing might be handy though."

<Shadowcaller> "I dunno about that. I snore." The witch jokes. "But if you want it, it's yours."

<Ghar> "I've noticed, that's why I'm not thinking about light sleeping." Nadia giggles.

<Shadowcaller> Irena smiles widely before turning to the shopkeeper. "So how does the enchantment thing work?"

<LostDeep> "Hearing is a popular one," The woman states and pulls out a laser pointer. She uses it to point out a pair of earrings in the glass. "It commonly comes in simple, small earrings, for obvious reasons, but we can enchant anything with almost anything. As long as you wear it, your hearing will be notably better."

<Shadowcaller> "Huh, that's pretty cool."

<LostDeep> "If you want to save some money and only get a one-time boost, we also carry potions."

<Ghar> "That's actually a really good idea." So it's an item then. That's handy. "I think I'll get a pair of the earrings."

<Shadowcaller> "Any more items you like Nadia?"

<LostDeep> "Okay. A normal pair would be..." The cost is about what you would expect of a magical item. That is, not cheap. However, the earrings are made out of common materials, something that does help make them a bit cheaper...

<Ghar> "No, I think just those would be good." Nadia blinks at the price a little, but they are filthy, skinking rich. "That sounds fine by me." She glances at Irena.

<Shadowcaller> Irena just puts her credit card on the counter.

<LostDeep> The woman will scan the card, approve it, and get a pair of the earrings from under the counter.
<LostDeep> "There you go have a nice day!"

<Ghar> Nadia takes the earrings and slips them into her bag. "Thank you very much." She says.

<Shadowcaller> Irena gives the lady the thumbs up and will then leave with Nadia. "So where now? You got earrings, maybe you want some piercing with that?"

<Ghar> "Heh, yes. It's been ages since I got my ears pierced. When I was still in high school."

<Shadowcaller> "I'm not talking about that kind of piercing. Maybe something for your nose?" Irena suggests with a smile.

<Ghar> Nadia raises an eyebrow. "Really? You'd think that'd be a good idea. I can't tell if you're joking or not."

<Shadowcaller> The witch shrugs. "Hey if you want to get your nose pierced, I wouldn't protest."

<Ghar> "Well not really. Especially not with Eliseo so grabby." Besides, how would that work if she ended up turning into a cat again?

<Shadowcaller> Irena haven't really considered this. "Right, so what about some new clothes eh?"
<Shadowcaller> "Or is there anything else that you might take fancy of?"

<Ghar> "Some new clothes might be nice." Nadia gives Irena a sly look. "Were you thinking anything in particular?"

<Shadowcaller> The witch shrugs, but can't help but to smile a bit. "Hey, you know me. I was thinking something you could wear in public."
<Shadowcaller> "Not any of the clothes you buy for private use."

<Ghar> "Are you sure I know you? Though you do seem more interested in me without those clothes." Nadia laughs. "But okay, some normal clothes. Maybe we'll find something interesting here that we wouldn't find in a normal clothes store."

<Shadowcaller> "I like the way you think. Maybe clothes that you can make disappear in a instant."

<Ghar> "I'm not sure I was thinking anything like that, but sure."

<Shadowcaller> Irena laughs. "We'll see." She replies with a wink.

<Rueben> As they exit the shop, Irena and Nadia might stumble across a smiling little girl staring up at them between blonde bangs.
<Rueben> Of course, they don't. Instead they stumble across what looks like that, only very obviously different at a second glance.
<Rueben> The obviously synthetic little-girl-analogue smiles up at them, since the expression is quite literally painted onto her face. Her eyes light up in rhythm to her words as she speaks.
<Rueben> "Hellooooo~ Miss Niceladies! I am Comp-chan! Would you like a little sister?"

<Ghar> Nadia indeed notices the little girl. "Hello the-" Nadia cuts off when she notices that the girl is rather... odd. "Hello. Um, I'm sorry? What do you mean?" Well this is bizarre.

<Shadowcaller> "Chan? Are you from japan or something?" Creepy girl warning!

<Rueben> "No! I am from the Nexus! My name is Comp-chan!" She seems to have trouble addressing multiple questions in a row, disregarding Nadia's entirely after hearing and processing Irena's.

<Ghar> Nadia looks at Irena. Yep, totally weird. "Well it's nice to meet you, Comp-chan." She says politely.

<Rueben> "It's nice to meet you too! What's your name(s)?" There's an audible pause between the word and the accompanying S.

<Shadowcaller> Oh geez, did she have to be so polite to everyone? This girl was totally going to walk out of their television set or something. "Eh... Irena? Look, what do you want from us? I don't want any little sisters."

<Ghar> "I'm Nadia." She frowns a little at Irena's bluntness.

<Rueben> Comp-chan doesn't visibly wilt, but if she wasn't completely synthetic and not programmed to show any negative emotions, now would be the time for her to do so, There's a brief mechanical whine that might be mistaken for an "Awww..." Before she responds.
<Rueben> "I want to be your sister! But if you don't want me, that's okay." She turns fully to Nadia, "Hellooooo Miss Nadia! Do you want to have a little sister?"

<Ghar> "I'm sorry, but I don't need a little sister either."

<Shadowcaller> Irena scratches her head. "Wait, what do you mean by "sister"?"

<Rueben> "A familial relation that is A: female in form or mindset and B: connected to you by shared parentage or adoption! That is the definition of a sister Miss Irena! Would you like to know any more words?"

<Shadowcaller> "Hey, I think she might be some sort of robot. What's... 89x57?"

<Ghar> "Irena." Nadia says in a warning tone. Nadia loves Irena, but boy can she be tactless.

<Shadowcaller> "Eh... no, I know enough words."

<Rueben> "Five thousand and a bit!" Comp-chan says after a while. She might be synthetic, but she's clearly not programmed to give math help.

<Ghar> "Are you here with anyone, Comp-chan?" Nadia asks.

<Rueben> As a more detailed description, Comp-chan has an ovoid head, a "dress" and "hair" that are both made of the same solid, semi-flexible material that the rest of her is, and her limbs are completely cylindrical.
<Rueben> Her face is nearly all painted on except for the two rings of blue LEDS that make up her irises.
<Rueben> "No Miss Nadia! I'm all alone until I find a new sister/brother!"

<Shadowcaller> "Soo... you have lost one brother and or sister?"

<Ghar> "Oh, well I hope you find someone." That makes her feel kind of bad, but they really can't fill that role for her, that's for certain.

<Rueben> "I lost my first brother, and haven't found anyone else yet! First I was his sister, and then he lost me, but then he built me, and then I was his sister again, and then I lost him. And now I need a new one!"

<Shadowcaller> "Oh... uh, sucks to be you I guess."
<Shadowcaller> "You need any money?"

<Ghar> Irena earns herself an elbow in the ribs for that first comment. Ugh.
<Ghar> "If you need something we could get it for you." She offers.

<Shadowcaller> "Yeah... anything you need."

<Rueben> "I don't need money or things, I need to find a sister/brother." Comp-chan begins to turn and toddle off on her seemingly endless quest to find a sibling.

<Ghar> "Oh... Well, good luck." Nadia doesn't try and stop her.

<Shadowcaller> "Well that was strange. And this was the second robot we've meet."

<Ghar> Nadia doesn't seem to interested in talking about that. No, she doesn't look very happy with Irena. "Irena, you've really got to figure out how to think before you talk sometimes. Seriously? 'Sucks to be you'? I can't believe you actually said that."

<Shadowcaller> "I didn't know what else to say. I did feel sorry for her."

<Ghar> "Just, I don't know. Think about things before you say them a little bit. At least when it's such an obviously delicate situation."

<Shadowcaller> "You know I'm not good at these things Nadia. But fine, I'll just stay quiet the next time." She makes a dismissive gesture in Nadia's direction.

<Ghar> Nadia sighs, but doesn't press the issue. "Come on, let's find somewhere that has clothes."

Zefir
2013-04-29, 02:43 AM
Sitting in a wheelchair is a man with a gasmask. The suit of armor walks over to him, leans closer while the man whisper to it, and straightens.

You are here about the ad,
So what scientific skills to do you have?
So says, Mr Steward.

A little paranoia rise in Andy's head. First a suit of armor, then a man with a gasmask. This is much less comfortable then he thought. And the fact that this man doesn't speak himlef doesn't make it better at all.

"Robotics." he answers. "And medicine."

OrchestraHc
2013-04-29, 10:12 AM
[Gothic Rooftop]

The mage looks between Young Star and Calvin and then smiles. "Calvin there is a dangerous young man. He is his uncles first and strongest line of defense. Without Calvin his uncle, John Witt, is vulnerable. Don't you know who you are helping?"

Calvin is watching Young Star carefully, seeing how he reacts to he mages words. His muscles tighten and his posture slightly changes, ready for a fight. His breathing steady and calm. He really just wants to shut this mage up, but he doubts he could just get by Young Star. His uncle was right saying it was a mistake to bring the hero, he should have just done this by himself.

[Gothic Rooftop]

Imitating the mage, the superhero looks from the mage to Calvin, and back again. Smiling right back he says, "Nope, and I'm sure you're willing to tell me, but for the moment, that's irrelevant. As far as I can see, you started sending innocents after Calvin. Regardless of him and his uncle, that's really what gets my tights in a knot. Now tell me, is there anything you could possibly say to make me feel better about you doing that? Think hard, you might just make it worse." The question may as well be rhetorical, but why not see if he can something free out of all of this?

GrandDM
2013-04-29, 10:19 AM
[The Middle of the Street - Interaction Wanted!]

Anyone walking down the street ('the street' is ambiguous until someone responds to this, when it becomes the street they are on) will find a strange talisman. It looks like a stylized archway. It's made of some sort of ebony metal, strangely warm to the touch. It pulses regularly, like a heartbeat

If you pick it up, you will feel a strange sensation of power coursing through you.

Anyone taking it away from where it lies should make sure they have a space in their inbox for a PM from me.

ThePhantom
2013-04-29, 10:26 AM

A little paranoia rise in Andy's head. First a suit of armor, then a man with a gasmask. This is much less comfortable then he thought. And the fact that this man doesn't speak himlef doesn't make it better at all.

"Robotics." he answers. "And medicine."

The armor leans close to the man then stands up again.

Robotics holds what is desired,
for reasons of a bet to be won, a prize to be acquired.
A machine to be made,
your payment won't be delayed.
So says Mr Steward.

(Its fun to make up these little rhymes. Also forums are back YAY!)

Earl of Purple
2013-04-29, 12:53 PM
Red Zone- Rooftops/Warehouse Store Room

The sixth and seventh chests can be taken quite easily! In fact, the seventh chest actually shrinks down so it is easier to carry.

The contents of the fifth box escaped, unless Samantha has an enchanted bottle, flask or other container she can try catching the funfair sounds in.

Heading deeper is currently prevented, as there is a door which must first be bypassed; at the moment it is closed, and locked. The door is made of steel, still mostly shiny but marred in places with rust. The lock is large, chunky and high quality. The hinges are simple and rusty. The wall around the door is covered in white paint and plaster, so it is hard to determine what, exactly, it is made of.

Lady Serpentine
2013-04-29, 02:31 PM
[Shadowside]

Shadow nods slowly, still considering. He examines the strange ripples closely, watching how they form and dissipate.

"Indeed, I have power... although I haven't exercised it properly in aeons. I tend towards reclusiveness... when you're immortal, making friends is hard. You always know that you'll outlast them, you'll still be there when they've long since crumbled into dust...

But that's beside the point. Yes, I am powerful, but it's you who is the real curiosity here. The 'what I am now' comment suggests that you weren't always like this, and I must admit I am curious as to how you came to be merged with... whichever half of you wasn't there before. As to the join... I have never seen anything like this, although I knew it was theoretically possible... but the power required to do so would be immense."

Shadow thinks for a moment.

"You mentioned a duelling game? I would be interested to see just how strong you really are... strictly a friendly match, of course."

"A simple binding spell, put in place by my human half. And your question reveals your ignorance of what I am - I am not divided any longer; all halves of me existed before this, and we are so merged that determining who ought to answer which of us was the newcomer is impossible.

And the power required to do so might be immense in your world, but in mine, this was the option taken because the others were far harder, and this could be done by someone who was already drained.

As for the dueling game... If you insist, then very well. Follow this; it will lead you to the arena," she says, tossing him a silver compass, with a needle made of shadow.

McBish
2013-04-29, 04:26 PM
[Gothic Rooftop]

Imitating the mage, the superhero looks from the mage to Calvin, and back again. Smiling right back he says, "Nope, and I'm sure you're willing to tell me, but for the moment, that's irrelevant. As far as I can see, you started sending innocents after Calvin. Regardless of him and his uncle, that's really what gets my tights in a knot. Now tell me, is there anything you could possibly say to make me feel better about you doing that? Think hard, you might just make it worse." The question may as well be rhetorical, but why not see if he can something free out of all of this?

The mage looks back over at Calvin frowns. "Because I didn't think Calvin would kill any of them. You interrupted before my theory could really be tested." The mage seems like he wasn't very concerned about Calvin's safety. "Getting him away from his uncle is very important to my organization."

Calvin steps towards the mage looking angry. "You should have left us alone." His hands ball into fists and he seems to be forgetting about Young Star being on the roof for a moment.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-29, 04:52 PM
Gothic Rooftop

Young Star may try to put himself between Calvin and dumb mage. "Good cop, bad cop in five minutes Calvin. Right now it's my turn." Turning his attention back to the mage, he leans in close before he speaks. "So it was your idea specifically?" Young star says, glaring at the mage behind his smile. "I was just mad at you by association at first, but now I'm genuinely mad at you. Good job at failing that challenge. Here's the new one: You're going to tell me your long term goals, and why they involve Calvin's uncle."

McBish
2013-04-29, 05:12 PM
Gothic Rooftop

Calvin backs off mumbling something about not being any kind of cop. The mage nods unconcerned with the hero's anger. "OK, my long term goals include increasing my craft and expanding my horizons. John Witt, Calvin's uncle, has worked with and against the organization I am part of. He stole from us and killed several of my colleagues. I am here to stop him, probably kill him. Sorry if that offends you." The mage shrugs yet again. "In any dealings we had with him he has proven very dangerous."

Morcleon
2013-04-29, 08:47 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia press another button and in an instant the dagger returns to it's fluid form.

"That depends. If they really need them it may need a bot until I got enougth to help them. These guys are high intelligent, but they need time."

[DMC 2.0]

"They've managed to survive long enough without it, I think they'll be able to survive through the time nanotechnology needs to spread throughout their society." Yuki shrugs, stretching slightly. He spares a cursory glance toward the now-fluid nanites and then turns back to Mia with a faint smile. "And I believe that they may have some interesting things you may like to play with too."

Zefir
2013-04-30, 04:03 AM
The armor leans close to the man then stands up again.

Robotics holds what is desired,
for reasons of a bet to be won, a prize to be acquired.
A machine to be made,
your payment won't be delayed.
So says Mr Steward.

(Its fun to make up these little rhymes. Also forums are back YAY!)

Andy is obviously not a great fan of rythem, even if they are nice. A cold shiver runds down his neck as the person 'Mr. Steward' use the armor again to send his words.

"At least I need to ask,
what will be his task?"

Andy bits on his lips after the words left his mouth. These rythm thing is like an infection. He needs to controll himself more.

[DMC 2.0]

"Such things allways need to take time, to get into peoples mind." Mia isn't talking about the technologie to spread throughout their society. It's the religion she wants to spread.

As Yuki turns around he can see that Mia is a bit away with her thoughts. In mind she plans how to get the attention of the people. MDM allways prooves to be a good symbol for it. She only listened half way, but shakes her thoughts off to concentrate on Yuki after he spoke.

"What do you mean with some intresting things to play with?"

GrandDM
2013-04-30, 10:43 AM
...As for the dueling game... If you insist, then very well. Follow this; it will lead you to the arena," she says, tossing him a silver compass, with a needle made of shadow.

The compass stops in midair. Shadow examines it for a moment, taps it with a finger, then says:

"I suggest we do this in my arena. It will allow a more... thorough... bout. I already have one guest in the Darkness; I will open a portal for you. If you wish to do this in your arena, make your way there; I will join you momentarily after seeing to my guest."

He implodes, dissolving into a cloud of black wisps, contracting inward to a point and then disappearing entirely. A moment later, an archway opens up in midair. The frame is of shadow, but through it is a small, cosy room with three armchairs around a fire. Shadow sits in one, a ghost-girl in the other. The portal is invisible from the other side, so that the ghost can't see out.

ThePhantom
2013-04-30, 11:51 AM

Andy is obviously not a great fan of rythem, even if they are nice. A cold shiver runds down his neck as the person 'Mr. Steward' use the armor again to send his words.

"At least I need to ask,
what will be his task?"

Andy bits on his lips after the words left his mouth. These rythm thing is like an infection. He needs to controll himself more.

"It was said it could not be done,
no matter who he had, the prize couldn't be won."

The suit of armor walks over to the door to another room in a suite. It opens the door and revealing a large round device resting in the room.

"A centrifuge to make, from this large vacuum.
A matterials need will be delivered to the room."

OrchestraHc
2013-04-30, 01:42 PM
Gothic Rooftop

Calvin backs off mumbling something about not being any kind of cop. The mage nods unconcerned with the hero's anger. "OK, my long term goals include increasing my craft and expanding my horizons. John Witt, Calvin's uncle, has worked with and against the organization I am part of. He stole from us and killed several of my colleagues. I am here to stop him, probably kill him. Sorry if that offends you." The mage shrugs yet again. "In any dealings we had with him he has proven very dangerous."

Young Star seems unsatisfied with the answer. "Hmm, now see, that doesn't sound like an organization that manipulates innocent people against a well trained teen-ninja."

"And I'm just assuming ninja until further notice," he says as an aside to Calvin.

"And since that's something I know for sure you did, I'd say that's a healthy bit of spin. Also don't shrug in front of people who have you at their mercy, makes them offended. Now, one last thing, you're going to tell me what your organization is actually doing, why Calvin's uncle would get in the way, and where your most likely next safe house is. Minus any spin, or I give Raphael here," he bobs his head toward Calvin, "five minutes alone with you. Because I get the distinct feeling he's angrier at you than he lets on."

McBish
2013-04-30, 02:43 PM
Gothic Rooftop

Calvin is angrier at everyone then he appears. Calvin actually has a lot of anger issues that he keeps hidden most of the time. "The orginization I work for is a loose collection of mages who specilize in mind magic. We search for spells or items that will help us with this. Our methods and members aren't very uniform.

John Witt is a bit of a mage himself, and a collector of all sorts of useful items. As I said we worked with him before in a different city. I assume he betrayed us in search of larger profits, he is a greedy man. The items we know he had recovered for us can eaisly make him a danger to anyone around him. I'm here to retrive them.

I am the only memeber of my orgization in this city, and that was my only safe house. I hadn't needed any others, and didn't plan on moving anytime soon. How did you find out about it anyways?"

Calvin stands off behind Young Star returning to his pacing looking like he isn't paying attention to the conversation, distracted by his own thoughts.

Halae
2013-04-30, 05:22 PM
[Warwick Works]

There's an odd figure in the doorway here, looking a bit nervous. it's wearing a longcoat over a hunched and hump-backed body with an oversized right arm; it's unclear due to the cover of the hood whether it's a man or woman, and the species is a bit in question due to the malformities, but it's fairly clear this is the person from the wall.

"Hello?"

Morcleon
2013-04-30, 09:28 PM
[DMC 2.0]

"Such things allways need to take time, to get into peoples mind." Mia isn't talking about the technologie to spread throughout their society. It's the religion she wants to spread.

As Yuki turns around he can see that Mia is a bit away with her thoughts. In mind she plans how to get the attention of the people. MDM allways prooves to be a good symbol for it. She only listened half way, but shakes her thoughts off to concentrate on Yuki after he spoke.

"What do you mean with some intresting things to play with?"

[DMC 2.0]

"Atriol—that's the name of their empire—has developed a sort of magitech that isn't so much focused around the fundamental pieces as most technology is, but is built from the concept down. For example..." Yuki reaches into his bag and rummages around for a bit. Pulling out a small panel of violet light with a clear marble suspended in the middle, he fingers the shimmering edges for a moment before gently rolling it across the table. The light simply passes through the table, tumbling as the marble rolls along normally.

"This is a violet filter," he explains. "It stops all living things from passing through it, but nothing else. It's centered around that marble so it doesn't just fall through the ground into the core."

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-01, 03:44 AM
Market Street

Oh, it was worse than garden variety 'crabby'. I'd go so far as to say Mel got downright.... snippy with them.

"Good. Thank you. Now for work." Melbourne descends on the shiny trash treasure with glee, raking his claws through the pile and snatching up this or that trinket when one catches his eye. "What is it apes will want? Simple is best."

The Red Zone

"No Marty, it's not a joke! It's more real than reality!" Cane tucked under one arm, Sir Hex saunters after Marty, waving a hand at the skyline as he launches into a monologue. "Look! Out there! A thousand people and a million monsters! Demons walk the street in human clothes and human skin! This city wallows in corruption and sin! Look, look at these walls!" He taps the cane against the alleyway wall, and wailing faces form upon the concrete, drooling and crying red.

"Blood. These walls are built with blood as brick and mortar! They stand upon the grounds of slaughter! This city is the beating heart of darkness, of death and perdition and laughing cruelty! Go forth, Marty, go forth and purge the heretics!"

((You can play Marty's delusions. If Hex needs to add something he has his ways.))

Outside the Clock Tower

"So. Whereto then?" Lawrence can't keep from glancing around every few seconds, clearly uncomfortable being out on open ground in the middle of the day, with people walking by and vehicles of all sorts zipping down the road past them.

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 06:19 AM
[Warwick Works]

There's an odd figure in the doorway here, looking a bit nervous. it's wearing a longcoat over a hunched and hump-backed body with an oversized right arm; it's unclear due to the cover of the hood whether it's a man or woman, and the species is a bit in question due to the malformities, but it's fairly clear this is the person from the wall.

"Hello?"

A naturally pretty brunette human goes to meet him. "I'm Willow Warwick. You're here about the job?"

Halae
2013-05-01, 08:28 AM
[Warwick Works]

The figure nods, "Yes, that's right. My name is Tandred, no known surname." as he takes off the hood, It'll reveal a face that's a bout half deformed; he'd be handsome, if not for the oversized and malshaped right side, though the massive hump-back certainly doesn't help, "I brought a resume..."

He'll reach into one of his coat pockets and bring out... a data slate, a clear glass unit that projects its text onto the glass itself from a unit at the bottom.

If Willow cares to look, Tandred hasn't been able to go to college or university, but was able to put himself through high school by working on the side as a telemarketer (don't need to show people your deformities when your voice is fine). His main focus in school was psychology with some magic theory on the side. He appears to be a native to the Nexus.

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 09:00 AM
Warwick Works

Willow twitches a little at the sight of Tandred's face, but tries to recover. It's probably something he's used to. At least she's not staring or recoiling.

It helps that she has an excuse for looking at something else for a moment. "I see you're new to science." Psychology doesn't count, as far as she's concerned. "What makes you want to change directions?"

Halae
2013-05-01, 09:09 AM
[Warwick Works]

He's indeed used to it, and doesn't even blink, "I don't actually seek magic or whatever people want to call it at the time. What I want is an understanding of how the universe works, and to work with that you need a basis in scientific knowledge. Magical theory doesn't help much in that regard; it tells you a good deal of how things happen, but not the base points. Physics does. My plan is to take enough courses to major in physics in university, but that requires money, and I see no reason why, if I can qualify, I shouldn't also get some lab experience."

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 09:22 AM
Warwick Works

Willow nods. Good answer so far! "What about chemistry? Any interest there?"

Starling House

"He never had any meetings or anything here. This is the first time I've seen the inside of the place," Mara says. She pokes around in the rubble and finds a tacky Olan Mills family portait (http://listoftheday.blogspot.co.uk/2007/09/great-olan-mills-photos.html) of a boy who looks exactly how you'd expect a pre-pubescent Brian Starling to look, a teenage girl, and an older man in a bowler hat. The girl is a stranger to Magtok, but it's just possible he recognizes the older man.

Halae
2013-05-01, 09:26 AM
[Warwick works]

Tandred nods, "No question; my preference my be physics, but chemical reactions are as much a building block to the universe."

Lord Magtok
2013-05-01, 09:42 AM
Starling House

"Wait, let me see that for a second..."

That face looks familiar, but it couldn't be. Not possible. It just wouldn't make any sense if that were the case. He hasn't seen Fitzhenry in forever, he just assumed the guy went back to Not-Mars or something, still babbling about his wild journey across the aether to interview a Martian cyborg king or whatever. That teenage girl doesn't look very clockworky, so maybe it's just a coincidence?

"Mara? Weird question Has Starling ever struck you as...mechanical, maybe? Like maybe there's a bulge for a wind-up key in the back of his suit, or he has an aversion to water and rust? Nervous tics and/or repeating himself, that could be better explaining as bugs or looping auditory system errors?"

Zefir
2013-05-01, 09:52 AM
"It was said it could not be done,
no matter who he had, the prize couldn't be won."

The suit of armor walks over to the door to another room in a suite. It opens the door and revealing a large round device resting in the room.

"A centrifuge to make, from this large vacuum.
A matterials need will be delivered to the room."

"So just to be clear. You want a centrifuge in this device?"

For sure I myself am not sure what he really wants.

[DMC 2.0]

Mia watches the violet filter with intressed, but doesn't seem as impressed as Yuki might thought.

"Intressting. I know of simular devices who create walls only non 'living' creatures can pass. I wonder how they managed to get such technologie, but miss nanits."

[Warwick Works]

Some time after the wall post, Mr. C reaches the building. Currently he is flying, using the wings of his golden armor to get through the building. He needs to wait until the door opens. Being only a few inch in size can make things very hard some times. As he is inside he lands on the reception.

"Good Day. I'm here for the lab work mentioned on the WALL"

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 09:57 AM
Starling House

Mara thinks about it. "... no? Except for never having sex. He eats and drinks and smokes cigars." Mara looks at the picture, then at Magtok. "You think Starling is a robot?"

Warwick Works

"How about an aptitude test?" Willow asks. She opens her laptop, and pulls up a general science multiple choice test. Nothing too fancy - just the sort of basic scientific literacy that a good high school education should provide one with.

Then Mr C gets in somehow. Maybe when the elderly Chinese lab assistant Mai Li goes out to sweep the entrance.

"Um... your kidding, right? I don't think they make lab equipment your size." Willow says to him.

GrandDM
2013-05-01, 10:06 AM

Anyone walking down the street (which street is irrelevant until someone responds to this, when it becomes the street they are on) will find a strange talisman. It looks like a stylized archway or door. It's made of some sort of ebony metal, strangely warm to the touch. It pulses regularly, like a heartbeat

If you pick it up, you will feel a strange sensation of power coursing through you.

Anyone taking it away from where it lies should make sure they have a space in their inbox for a PM from me.

Re-posting so that people will see it.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-01, 10:12 AM
Starling House

"I don't know what to think. All I know is I've met his dad before. A Dr. Fitzhenry, an old-timey Brit who came to the Nexus alongside his clockwork daughter with a wind-up key in her back. It looks like she isn't the only child I mistook her for. And maybe she had her chassis remodeled?"

It could also be an alternate dimension Fitzhenry. But Nexus, why devote all that time and energy into someone so inconsequential? Vasquez doesn't have an evil twin. Neither does anyone in Watch, last he checked. Shouldn't that sort of thing go to people who actually matter first and foremost?

Halae
2013-05-01, 10:24 AM
[Warwick Works]

Tandred is about to say he's fine with the aptitude test when Mr. C walks in. He's quiet for a moment, before turning back to Willow, saying, "Yes, I think that's a good idea." if another applicant is here - even one the size of Mr. C - he'd best get out of their way.

ThePhantom
2013-05-01, 10:42 AM

"So just to be clear. You want a centrifuge in this device?"

For sure I myself am not sure what he really wants.

"It appears that I need simpler speech.
The centrifuge will have the vacuum as a part,
sorry if my previous words were out of understanding reach."

McBish
2013-05-01, 11:22 AM
Outside the Clock Tower>>Nort's Place

"This way." Nort says looking around breifly to get his bearings. He will lead Lawerance through the streets often taking narrow back alleys and little short cuts. He doesn't try to run, but keeps glancing at Lawerance to see what the other man is doing.

They will eventually reach an large old brick building. The large garage-like front door padlocked shut. Nort heads to the side enterance pulling out a key and opening the door up. Inside is a large empty room that could have been some sort of factory or garage. Nort heads right up a set of metal stairs leading to some offices overlooking the first floor.

The once office is now filled with papers and stacks of notebooks. Large sheets of paper hanging on the walls showing complex mathmatical equations. A basic chemisty set with burners and beakers is set up in one corner. Glass bottles filled with labled soil samples currently takes up most of that table.

Another corner contains a camp cot with a small pile of sheets and blankets on it. A small hot plate sits on a mini-fridge next to the bed. A single suitcase sits on the end of the cot.

In the center of the room there seems to be some sort of sculpture. It looks like a wire frame ball which several oddly warped discs can slide into, creating a sort of wavy jagged orb. Nort walks past that to a pyramid of rolled up papers and pulls one out. "Here's the map."

Zefir
2013-05-01, 11:32 AM
[Warwick Works]

Mr. C looks up to Willow.

"No. This isn't a joke. Otherwise I would have shout 'Bazinga'. I'm able to work things out, but there was a mention of language skills. I thought my skills might still be usefull for these kind of tasks."

And not to mention, he appears very clean. His armor shines golden.

"So a vacuum centrifuge is what you want me to build? The thing is your rythems sound nice, but I'm not really into this kind of things."

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 11:42 AM
Starling House

Starling House

"I don't know what to think. All I know is I've met his dad before. A Dr. Fitzhenry, an old-timey Brit who came to the Nexus alongside his clockwork daughter with a wind-up key in her back. It looks like she isn't the only child I mistook her for. And maybe she had her chassis remodeled?"

It could also be an alternate dimension Fitzhenry. But Nexus, why devote all that time and energy into someone so inconsequential? Vasquez doesn't have an evil twin. Neither does anyone in Watch, last he checked. Shouldn't that sort of thing go to people who actually matter first and foremost?

"That'd be hilarious if the human supremacist wasn't even human. How would we prove it? Besides vivisecting him." Mara asks.

Warwick Works

[Warwick Works]

Tandred is about to say he's fine with the aptitude test when Mr. C walks in. He's quiet for a moment, before turning back to Willow, saying, "Yes, I think that's a good idea." if another applicant is here - even one the size of Mr. C - he'd best get out of their way.

The test is on Willow's laptop. You can let me know how he does.

[Warwick Works]

Mr. C looks up to Willow.

"No. This isn't a joke. Otherwise I would have shout 'Bazinga'. I'm able to work things out, but there was a mention of language skills. I thought my skills might still be usefull for these kind of tasks."

And not to mention, he appears very clean. His armor shines golden.

"Language skills in addition to being able to assist in the lab, not instead of." Willow says.

Halae
2013-05-01, 11:53 AM
[Warwick Works]

Tandred will move off to the side to complete the equivalency test, with a 91% pass rate on things that he's mentioned he's studied (plus physics) and 77% on things he hasn't; evidently, despite his rather warped appearance he's an intelligent individual.

ThePhantom
2013-05-01, 12:08 PM

"So a vacuum centrifuge is what you want me to build? The thing is your rythems sound nice, but I'm not really into this kind of things."

"Yes. That is what Mr Steward desires. As for the rhytems, they are something required in my contract with Mr Steward."

The suit of armor shrugs.

Morcleon
2013-05-01, 12:19 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Mia watches the violet filter with intressed, but doesn't seem as impressed as Yuki might thought.

"Intressting. I know of simular devices who create walls only non 'living' creatures can pass. I wonder how they managed to get such technologie, but miss nanits."

[DMC 2.0]

Yuki sighs internally. Tough crowd, eh? He retrieves the trinket and replies with a shrug. "You'd have to ask Akira. He's the one who created all of Atriol's magitech. I believe they focused on portability of large-scale devices rather than on extreme miniaturization."

Lord Magtok
2013-05-01, 12:52 PM
Starling House

"That'd be hilarious if the human supremacist wasn't even human. How would we prove it? Besides vivisecting him." Mara asks.

Godtok shrugs. "Magnets? Infiltrate back into the group, and then just rub his scalp with a magnet and see if he starts sputtering numbers and broken code?"

happyturtle
2013-05-01, 03:18 PM
Starling House

Godtok shrugs. "Magnets? Infiltrate back into the group, and then just rub his scalp with a magnet and see if he starts sputtering numbers and broken code?"

"Really? You want to infiltrate?" Mara asks.

Warwick Works

[Warwick Works]

Tandred will move off to the side to complete the equivalency test, with a 91% pass rate on things that he's mentioned he's studied (plus physics) and 77% on things he hasn't; evidently, despite his rather warped appearance he's an intelligent individual.

((waiting for Zefir))

Devixer
2013-05-01, 07:48 PM

Anyone walking down the street ('the street' is ambiguous until someone responds to this, when it becomes the street they are on) will find a strange talisman. It looks like a stylized archway. It's made of some sort of ebony metal, strangely warm to the touch. It pulses regularly, like a heartbeat

Some Street

A zombie, dressed in noble clothing, approaches the spot with the talisman with a surprising amount of coordination. He picks it up and feels... some vague feeling that he equates with magic. After looking around for who might have dropped it, Kenneth continues his slow walk down the street with the talisman in hand.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-02, 01:48 AM
Clock Tower -> Nort's Place

And Lawrence follows, still cautious, every sudden noise drawing a suspicious glare as they proceed through the city. By the time they find the laboratory he's happy just to get off the streets to somewhere less open. While Nort searches for the map, Lawrence thumbs through the papers hanging from the walls, and gives the wire sphere a cautious prod to see if it does anything. "What about these? Anything else you should take?"

McBish
2013-05-02, 01:56 PM
[Nort's Place]

You would think that Lawerance is the one being kidnapped here by how jumpy he is. When he pokes the sphere it wobbles slowly spinning in place. Nort looks over and frowns though he gets distracted by watching the sphere move.

"No I shouldn't need anything else to find the device." He unrolls the paper onto his table, it appears to be a map of the Nexus. Any map of the Nexus can only show so much of the shifting nature of the Nexus. This one has bulges in scale over certain parts of the city of Inside, like a lens was resting over them.

Nort picks up a marker with a string tied to it. He stares at the map his lips moving slightly as he does some calculations in his head. He draws several intersecting circles on the map. He grabs one of his note books. "Alright we just need to go to one of these spots at one of these times and we can get the device."

Nort looks up at Lawrence obviously upset. "You don't have to kidnap me. The device won't help you, it can't be turned into a weapon, whoever made it saw to that. I can help you with your machine, just please, all my work is here." He has hundreds of notebooks and just as many rolled up papers all filled with his work. He has no idea which ones would be helpful to bring.

Zefir
2013-05-02, 03:13 PM
[Warwick Works]

"The ad wasn't so clear about that, but I could srink the equipment to fit my size."

Well, he got knowledge and this is the first job he thinks he can use it.

[DMC 2.0]

Yep, having a god behind you makes magitech possible as well. So Mia might be less suprisable with technologie.

"Well, technologie evolves different then creatures. Maybe they just didn't got many wars."

Andy nods.

"Well. I should be able to do that, but don't assume any great designer vaccum centrifuge. I'm a technican, not a designer."

Then he will set up a list of materials he needs. If this is a test they note that he asks for stuff you may not really need for this. After all he never build a vacuum centrifuge.

happyturtle
2013-05-02, 03:19 PM
Warwick Works

"How would you shrink our equipment?" Willow asks skeptically.

Presumably Tandred will still be taking the test for the next couple of posts.

ThePhantom
2013-05-02, 06:31 PM
[Warwick Works]

Andy nods.

"Well. I should be able to do that, but don't assume any great designer vaccum centrifuge. I'm a technican, not a designer."

Then he will set up a list of materials he needs. If this is a test they note that he asks for stuff you may not really need for this. After all he never build a vacuum centrifuge.

All right then. The funding will be provided for the materials.

The armor lets the list slide, after all he's not an expert on this machine.

Morcleon
2013-05-02, 09:25 PM
[DMC 2.0]

Yep, having a god behind you makes magitech possible as well. So Mia might be less suprisable with technologie.

"Well, technologie evolves different then creatures. Maybe they just didn't got many wars."

[DMC 2.0]

I guess we'll just have to see if she ends up surprised or not.

"True... although they have been through quite a few wars." Yuki smiles slightly and sits down on a nearby chair. "Considering their world's history with magic, I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to develop any sort of advanced technologies at all."

Halae
2013-05-02, 10:15 PM
Warwick Works

"How would you shrink our equipment?" Willow asks skeptically.

Presumably Tandred will still be taking the test for the next couple of posts.[Warwick Works]

Indeed. Mr. C and Willow will have a good opportunity to talk

Zefir
2013-05-03, 02:25 AM
Warwick Works

"With magic. On my adventure I found a gem that can srink and enlarge things."

He could also enlarge himself, but that would be bad. He would need to make himself such big that he doesn't fir the doors to work normaly.

"May I ask, why does he need such a device?"

It's best to ask before head.
((Should we timeskip the creation thing after questions got asked?))

[DMC 2.0]

True. I just wanted to clear why she wasn't supriesed by the device yuki showed her.

"Magic and Technologie don't exclude themself, in my opinion. After all the 'weaker' spellcaster will allways invent something to raise their power."

She just smiles as well and starts to prepare some materials for another bottle of nanits.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-03, 03:01 AM
Nort's Place

Unless Nort begins physically intervening, Lawrence will brush past him to have a look at the map, tugging on the little strings inquiringly. "It uses antimatter. Sounds like a weapon to me." As inexpressively blunt as the soldier's manner is, there could be said to be something like an attempt at humor hidden in there. Rolling up the map, he gives the room a second glance, and for a moment his gaze unfocuses from any material point and he stares off into empty space.

Only for a moment though. In less than the blink of an eye he's back to reality. "Alright. You can stay here. What happened with the robot was unfortunate. We would have liked this to all be a lot friendlier, but onceour ally brought threats and violence into the situation, I think you can see why precautions were necessary." But the map stays in his hands.

happyturtle
2013-05-03, 05:10 AM
Warwick Works

"With magic. On my adventure I found a gem that can srink and enlarge things."

He could also enlarge himself, but that would be bad. He would need to make himself such big that he doesn't fir the doors to work normaly.

"That's not acceptable. Magic might alter our results. You should go back to adventuring. You won't work out as a lab assistant." Willow says. :smallannoyed:

Morcleon
2013-05-03, 09:57 AM
[DMC 2.0]

True. I just wanted to clear why she wasn't supriesed by the device yuki showed her.

"Magic and Technologie don't exclude themself, in my opinion. After all the 'weaker' spellcaster will allways invent something to raise their power."

She just smiles as well and starts to prepare some materials for another bottle of nanits.

[DMC 2.0]

"Of course not. However, I've found that most magical societies end up focusing entirely on using magic to support ever-increasing advances." Yuki scoots over to see the process of nanite creation!

McBish
2013-05-03, 10:30 AM
Nort's Place

It is unlikely Nort will do much physical intervention, he hasn't forgotten the gun Lawerence carries. "Really, you aren't going to kidnap me?" He really didn't expect that to work. "That is great, thank you. I suppose that you still want me to work on your machine?"

--------------------

Gothic Rooftop

Calvin is angrier at everyone then he appears. Calvin actually has a lot of anger issues that he keeps hidden most of the time. "The orginization I work for is a loose collection of mages who specilize in mind magic. We search for spells or items that will help us with this. Our methods and members aren't very uniform.

John Witt is a bit of a mage himself, and a collector of all sorts of useful items. As I said we worked with him before in a different city. I assume he betrayed us in search of larger profits, he is a greedy man. The items we know he had recovered for us can eaisly make him a danger to anyone around him. I'm here to retrive them.

I am the only memeber of my orgization in this city, and that was my only safe house. I hadn't needed any others, and didn't plan on moving anytime soon. How did you find out about it anyways?"

Calvin stands off behind Young Star returning to his pacing looking like he isn't paying attention to the conversation, distracted by his own thoughts.

ThePhantom
2013-05-03, 12:37 PM
Warwick Works

[The Fairview Hotel, located in the Blue Zone][/B]

"May I ask, why does he need such a device?"

It's best to ask before head.
((Should we timeskip the creation thing after questions got asked?))

To win a bet, like I said earlier.

(Sure, we can do that.)

OrchestraHc
2013-05-03, 08:38 PM
Market Street

Oh, it was worse than garden variety 'crabby'. I'd go so far as to say Mel got downright.... snippy with them.

"Good. Thank you. Now for work." Melbourne descends on the shiny trash treasure with glee, raking his claws through the pile and snatching up this or that trinket when one catches his eye. "What is it apes will want? Simple is best."

"From this pile, not much. Magically? A great many things. Why not call some over and ask? Here let me get it started." Pepperjack clears his throat.

"If I may have your attention!" he calls authoritatively into the crowd. "For a small price we offer enchantments never seen above the waves. Small baubles and metal attuned and enchanted to your wishes."

A young lady approaches the pair cautiously. "And what could we do for a beauty like you?"

"Oh well, do you have anything for health? Preventing getting sick."

"Well lets see. Melbourne the Mystic?"

Gothic Rooftop

"Magic," Young Star ironically deflects. No sense getting the friendly drug dealer involved. "So he's keeping powerful magic items away from people with questionable moral ethics? Shocker. Though his own are in question themselves. So, what do you think we should do with you? Careful, might be a trick question again."

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-04, 06:22 PM
Market Street

"Hmm.." Plucking a blue marble with a wave of green at it's center from the pile, Mel holds it up for all to see and begins to hum. It's not a melody you could define in human notes or play on any instrument made above the waves- It's sharp and wavering and at points seems to only be half there, the other half rising past the spectrum of mundane comprehension.

The enchantment is simple. A little spark of magic to give the humors a nudge in the right direction and make it jolt to the touch, so they'll know it's working. You wouldn't want any more than that. Try to alter the physique too far, be it mer or man's, always seems to end with nasty complications and green spots.

The tricky bit is the theatrics.

As Melbourne sings the air churns about low to the ground and grows heavy with moisture like just before a storm. A dim golden haze surrounds the marble, wavering like sunlight on the surface of water. Vague shapes flow around the crowd in ephemeral ripples of motion, darting and weaving like regal koi.

The special effects fade away as Melbourne's song does, although a faint glow still hangs about the bauble as he throws it over to Pepperjack. "Done."

Nort's Place

"Yes. That would be the plan." Lawrence takes a seat on the nearest clear spot he can find, nodding to Nort. "The question is can we trust you? After our 'friends' violence, you might try to run."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-05, 02:11 AM
Inside

Well. I forgot this! Meh. Marty's wandering about in an alley, under Sir Hex's weird hallucinagenics. First thing he does, is panic. And run. As fast as possible, as far away from whatever he sees. Marty runs and panics. It's what he does. (Did?) :smalltongue:

GrandDM
2013-05-05, 02:20 AM
[Marty's "Journey"]

As Marty runs, among the visions he sees are the monolith where he summoned Rage (will summon, in this timeline, I think). A thousand abyssal voices chant the summoning spell. Rage's face orbits Marty, a great skull, eyes dripping blood.

"Come to me, Marty! Come! Power, revenge, this I can give you! COME!"

Hattish Thing
2013-05-05, 02:26 AM
[Marty's "Journey"]

As Marty runs, among the visions he sees are the monolith where he summoned Rage (will summon, in this timeline, I think). A thousand abyssal voices chant the summoning spell. Rage's face orbits Marty, a great skull, eyes dripping blood.

"Come to me, Marty! Come! Power, revenge, this I can give you! COME!"

Marty wanders and screams, staring at the wall Sir Hex's cane tapped, shrieking as faces and blood drip all around him, a mad spiral,mstealing all sense away... He growls as his mind makes up faces he knew. Kale, Sleet, Chez, Vidalia, Zane... Leering at him, bleeding on him. Marty screams as he looks down to see blood all over him, on his clothes, on his skin, in his mouth... He moves to the wall and a bowl appears, and a woman's face and neck appear in front of the walls, Shada's face. Marty growls in anger, and a kife appears, slitting her imaginary throat... Watching blood fill the bowl, to which he brings to his lips, drinks, and pours all over him. Next he sees the monolith that will change his life. He grins and shouts. Aahhhhg! The sinners will all BLEED!

GrandDM
2013-05-05, 02:28 AM
[Marty's Journey]

"Good! Come to me! Make them pay!"

Zefir
2013-05-05, 07:49 AM
"That's not acceptable. Magic might alter our results. You should go back to adventuring. You won't work out as a lab assistant." Willow says. :smallannoyed:

Warwick Works

"Duh" Mr C looks sad. But then shakes off the sadness. Live goes on even after his size did cause him to miss an action. Maybe he should seek for a mage to get a human form.

"Well, can't do anything against your decission, but if you need an expert for languages. Just call me." He holds up a business card having the informations to Call Mr. C.

[DMC 2.0]

"Of course not. However, I've found that most magical societies end up focusing entirely on using magic to support ever-increasing advances." Yuki scoots over to see the process of nanite creation!

There isn't much happening right now and it will need hours before anything visible happens.

"Yeah. I think we shouldn't question evolution that way. We should not forget that our past caused us to be like we are while others might have experienced different."

To win a bet, like I said earlier.

(Sure, we can do that.)

"What's that bet about anyways? I mean I know what he needs to do to win, but I would like to knoe the prize."

happyturtle
2013-05-05, 07:59 AM
Warwick Works

Willow takes the card and opens the door so Mr C can leave.

Then she returns to Tandred and looks at his results. "This is promising. I want you to meet my partner, Arthur Rock."

ThePhantom
2013-05-05, 09:10 AM
[The Fairview Hotel, located in the Blue Zone][/B]

"What's that bet about anyways? I mean I know what he needs to do to win, but I would like to know the prize."

The armor leans in close to Mr Steward.

A contest of cleverness it is,
more than that knowledge is his.
So says Mr Steward.