PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Durkon will kill Belkar by sucking his blood!!!!!! 2 4 1 prophecy fulfillment!

Dagonet
2013-03-04, 09:55 PM
Yep. Called it.

:smallcool:

Grey_Wolf_c
2013-03-04, 10:04 PM
“Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.”

― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Rorrik
2013-03-04, 10:05 PM
I'm kind of hoping that despite being a vampire Durkon remembers who is was and remembers his desire that his friends not be harmed. Perhaps now he will accept Malack's offer to both withdraw from the battle.

Dagonet
2013-03-04, 10:11 PM

Ah but great sir there were six, for even an insane mind is sane enough to know that a group of five warrants another.

Dire Lemming
2013-03-04, 10:13 PM
How... spoilerific.

Olinser
2013-03-04, 11:27 PM

HA, joke's on you, the OP has SIX exclamation marks!

Olinser
2013-03-04, 11:33 PM
Yep. Called it.

:smallcool:

Not yet you haven't. Durkon is a vampire, but I highly doubt Malack is going to let Durkon be the one to turn Belkar. That puts Belkar under DURKON'S command, and if Durkon were able to break free of Malack's control, he takes Belkar with him, leaving two highly leveled VAMPIRE characters that now want his blood.

That's how Vampire Lords get overthrown.

Also, I don't know about level comparison, but a Vampire cannot enslave more than twice his own HD in vampires at one time. Belkar and Durkon are extremely high HD characters relative to the OOTS verse, if he does both at once that puts him dangerously close to his maximum already with only two vampires.

Also, Malack just went through a big monologue about how he just realized he doesn't want children - he wants colleagues/siblings. After turning Durkon, I HIGHLY doubt Malack is going to want to turn somebody like Belkar. More likely he's going to take his Dominated butt back with him and set him on the OOTS.

WoLong
2013-03-05, 12:06 AM
Not yet you haven't. Durkon is a vampire, but I highly doubt Malack is going to let Durkon be the one to turn Belkar. That puts Belkar under DURKON'S command, and if Durkon were able to break free of Malack's control, he takes Belkar with him, leaving two highly leveled VAMPIRE characters that now want his blood.

That's how Vampire Lords get overthrown.

He said Durkon will kill Belkar by sucking his blood, not necessarily turn him.

Zmeoaice
2013-03-05, 12:07 AM
HA, joke's on you, the OP has SIX exclamation marks!

Still technically has five

Mikeavelli
2013-03-05, 12:16 AM
So Durkon will be going home Posthumously... As a Vampire?

KoboldRevenge
2013-03-05, 12:25 AM
Possible. ,,,

Then again so could Mal'y

Flame of Anor
2013-03-05, 03:16 AM
He said Durkon will kill Belkar by sucking his blood, not necessarily turn him.

I think that does necessarily turn him.

hamishspence
2013-03-05, 07:57 AM
Libris Mortis allows for spawning undead to make a Will Save to "not turn" their victim as they drain them.

The Succubus
2013-03-05, 08:20 AM

I wondered who had been stealing all my punctuation recently. It's been rather vexing.

Dagonet
2013-03-05, 12:06 PM
Can someone actually clarify the issue? Is it possible to kill someone by sucking their blood as a vampire without turning them?

Also the issue of Belkar being under Durkon's control wouldn't be an issue because Durkon is under Malack's control. Transitive Property. QED Malack's still Da Boss. However, the plot necessitates that Belkar will die without being turn, imo - better story.

hamishspence
2013-03-05, 01:24 PM
Can someone actually clarify the issue? Is it possible to kill someone by sucking their blood as a vampire without turning them?

Yes, if you're using Libris Mortis rules.

Holammer
2013-03-05, 02:19 PM
It seems obvious that Belkar is about to become Durkon's first meal. But it's THE Giant we're talking about so it's quite possible he'll be throwing a curveball here. My guess?

Vaarsuvius swoops in and saves him. Both of them share a new found respect for each other that blossoms into romance and Belkar enjoys actual character growth. He comes to realize the errors in his ways, but pays the "redemption equal death" price later and gets a tearful sendoff.
Okay, that was oddly specific. If I'm correct, I expect a temple built in my honour.