PDA

View Full Version : Deep fey (3.5 monster PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-03-05, 12:20 AM
Deep Fey

Size/Type:
Small Fey

Hit Dice:
1d6+2 (8 hp)

Initiative:
+3

Speed:
30 ft (6 squares)

Armor Class:
14 (+1 size,+3 dex, + ), touch 14, flat-footed 11

Base Attack/Grapple:
+1/-4

Attack:
Claws +4 melee (1d4-1) or Shortbow +4 melee (1d8)

Full Attack:
2 Claws +4 melee (1d4-1) or Shortbow +4 melee (1d8)

Space/Reach:
5ft/5ft

Special Attacks:
Fungi growth,

Special Qualities:
DR 5/Cold Iron, Poison immunity

Saves:
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2

Abilities:
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Skills:
Balance +8, Bluff +5, Hide +14, Move Silently +8, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +8

Feats:
weapon finesse

Environment:
Any underground

Organization:
Solitary, pair, or family (3-4)

Challenge Rating:
2?

Alignment:
Usually chaotic evil

Treasure:
Standard

Advancement:
By character class

Level Adjustment:
+2?

The wretched creature before you appears almost like a grey skinned fairy with no wings, red eyes, and black hair, it has clawed hands, and a shortbow, and its preparing to shoot...
Deep fey are a creature native to the underdark, they are good at setting up ambushes and commonly do so with their families, they are extremely good with poisons, and never poison themselves.
Combat:
Usually deep fey stay far away and shoot opponents with their shortbows, but if forced into melee they use their claws.

Fungi growth (Su)
once a day the deep fey can cast a version of plant growth as a 5th level sorcerer but it only affects fungi and not normal plants

so...thoughts?

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-03-05, 09:33 AM
Poison Use is pretty much redundant - they already have immunity to poison so nothing happens even if they do poison themselves.

Their Level Adjustment is too high, especially since they lose another 2 class levels to their racial HD - would a "Deep Fey" without any class levels ever be a match for a 6th level character?.

They have ability scores and special abilities maybe comparable to a Dark Elf, so consider giving them only a singe racial HD (which is replaced by a class level) and a +2 level adjustment.

inuyasha
2013-03-05, 09:39 AM
oh...DoH about the poison thing :smallannoyed: I was tired when i made this

and Ok I think i will make those changes :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: hows it look now?

P.S. keep an eye out for more monsters from me, ive got ideas swimming in my head

Debihuman
2013-03-05, 06:37 PM
A shortbow is not a melee weapon, it is a ranged weapon. You cannot shoot a bow with only one hand so it cannot shoot a shortbow attack and make 2 claw attacks unless it has 4 hands.

The attack line lists only 1 of each primary weapon.

Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d4-1) or showbow +4 ranged (1d8).
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d4-1) or shortbow + 4 ranged (1d8).

It can use a one-handed melee weapon and a claw attack, but its claw takes the -5 attack penalty.

Some creatures combine attacks with natural and manufactured weapons when they make a full attack. When they do so, the manufactured weapon attack is considered the primary attack unless the creature’s description indicates otherwise and any natural weapons the creature also uses are considered secondary natural attacks. These secondary attacks do not interfere with the primary attack as attacking with an off-hand weapon does, but they take the usual -5 penalty (or -2 with the Multiattack feat) for such attacks, even if the natural weapon used is normally the creature’s primary natural weapon.

It could use a dagger and claw for example.

Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d4-1) or dagger +4 melee (1d3-1/19-20)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d4-1) or dagger +4 melee (1d3-1/19-20) and claw -1 melee (1d4-1)

Debby

inuyasha
2013-03-05, 09:27 PM
argh crap I forgot to add that in in the monster formatter thing im using...Im kinda new at this sorry :smalleek:

Debihuman
2013-03-05, 11:00 PM
So, how many hands does it have?

Debby

inuyasha
2013-03-06, 09:39 AM
oh...2 yea XD i fixed it