PDA

View Full Version : Recent Speed of Updates

DaMunky89
2013-03-05, 12:56 AM
Just wanted to say; holy carp guys. Is it just me or is this the fastest we have ever seen OOTS update? Is he really drawing / writing them this fast? I don't think he had time to build up a backlog at any point.

Tell us the truth Giant, did you have your thumb swapped out for an unstoppable cyborg thumb!? That's currently the best theory I have right now. :smalltongue:

SaintRidley
2013-03-05, 12:58 AM
It's the 9 in 9 days of OotS reward from the Kickstarter. Rich had this sequence in mind but injured his thumb not terribly long before it was going to start. He's not had an opportunity to draw these out ahead of time, but he's had his mental script in place for a while so it's probably a little easier on him.

Gnomish Wanderer
2013-03-05, 01:00 AM
First rule of posting speed is we don't talk about posting speed :smallwink:

Secondly, I believe the Giant mentioned that this is his attempt to post nine comics in nine days per the Kickstarter

Winter
2013-03-05, 01:22 AM
Just wanted to say; holy carp guys. Is it just me or is this the fastest we have ever seen OOTS update? Is he really drawing / writing them this fast? I don't think he had time to build up a backlog at any point.

I'd like to point you to the latest news entry on this website.

"Back in the days" one strip per day could happen at times.

Finagle
2013-03-05, 02:22 AM
I, for one, find it disconcerting and prefer the traditional five-per-month style.

coineineagh
2013-03-05, 02:35 AM
this topic will be locked soon, since it violates posting rules. before it's taken down, allow me to say:
:smalltongue::smalltongue:
control grapefruits never subpoena vietnamese typewriters, but escalator bananas have been known to blitzkrieg sunday night onboard peeling fingers.:smalltongue:

Douglas
2013-03-05, 03:01 AM
control grapefruits never subpoena vietnamese typewriters, but escalator bananas have been known to blitzkrieg sunday night onboard peeling fingers.:smalltongue:
Congratulations on constructing a long and completely grammatically correct sentence of pure nonsense. Your capitalization is off, though.:smalltongue:

Richard J.
2013-03-05, 03:39 AM
Before it gets locked, assuming it will, can I just add a heartfelt THANK YOU to Mr. Burlew? Your series has brought me a lot of laughs and more than a few tears. I'm so grateful that, despite your injury, you've continued to work hard to bring us more of this wonderful story. I most sincerely hope that your recovery is going great and that you aren't exhausting yourself too much.

A creator like you who clearly cares so much for not only his creation but also his fans is a rare gift. Thanks again for the Kickstarter (without which I probably never could have gotten War and XPs) and for all of your continued hard work.

However this series ends, I know it will be one heck of a ride. :smallcool:

i6uuaq
2013-03-05, 04:09 AM
I, for one, find it disconcerting and prefer the traditional five-per-month style.

This.

The once-per-day updates are insufficient for the epileptic trees to grow properly. Won't you spare a thought for the environment?

Roland St. Jude
2013-03-14, 12:35 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't discuss the update schedule.