PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help progressing the story..

sambouchah
2013-03-05, 01:31 AM
So I have been semi planning a campaign for a Friday night game with some friends. I have a skeleton set up for what I want to happen and it's as follows;
Finish off the drow(who are after an artifact the PC's posses)
meet the ninja(The alternate DM's character)
Travel through the marsh
possibly get lost and fight a Bonetree
continue through Redwater(a part of the marsh eternally red from the blood of the victims of the eater)
find way back to path(DC 15 remembrance check[or wis if you rather])
Stop the sacrifice and kill the BBEG(at current)
and continue back.

At the point they continue back I have them set up to meet some Halfling nomads. These nomads carry a plague(reason for leaving Bleacrag in the first place) and become blood thirsty, cannibal, Darklings at sundown. After a bloodbath and a vague "HEY! Go to Bleacrag" by a dying halfling I get Dungeon Master's block. What would be at Bleacrag that they will have to deal with?

In the party is a Rogue(Archer), a Fighter using a longsword and tower shield, a very angry Half-Orc, a little halfling druid, the new ninja and a paladin of freedom. In addition to the witch that the rogue is wooing(only adding healing benefits at the end of a long day). Everyone is between 4th and 6th level right now, but after their trek through Redwater should be 6 and 8.

Thank you all, Sam

ArcturusV
2013-03-05, 01:34 AM
Cursed water supply in the town?

sambouchah
2013-03-05, 01:41 AM
Cursed water supply in the town?

I was thinking about it but in bleacrag they don't drink water because it's all swamp water. They drink the wine that the high priest creates. Then again it could be his fault, trying to fulfill some childish goal that seemed good idea when he started.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2013-03-05, 01:45 AM
I'm thinking a spell effect along the lines of Unhallow, ended by a Maguffin to be quested for.

ArcturusV
2013-03-05, 01:46 AM
Maybe. But I wouldn't do that except as a fake out. Of course I don't know your setting well enough to comment on particulars. But have the evidence point towards the Cleric. It's people who are turning who drink from his sales. Not say, the McBaines who run a still in their cellar, etc.

Have it actually be a case where whoever is raising the grapes (Or rice, or whatever) is actually the source of it. Unhallowed land or the like. It points to the cleric. The PCs maybe even kill the cleric. The Cleric had nothing to do with it. The find out a week later after they supposedly "fixed" the problem it's still going on.

sambouchah
2013-03-05, 11:00 AM
Maybe. But I wouldn't do that except as a fake out. Of course I don't know your setting well enough to comment on particulars. But have the evidence point towards the Cleric. It's people who are turning who drink from his sales. Not say, the McBaines who run a still in their cellar, etc.

Have it actually be a case where whoever is raising the grapes (Or rice, or whatever) is actually the source of it. Unhallowed land or the like. It points to the cleric. The PCs maybe even kill the cleric. The Cleric had nothing to do with it. The find out a week later after they supposedly "fixed" the problem it's still going on.

The setting is just being made up as we go along. Me and the other DM haven't really talked much about it. They've done a couple rescue the princess type quests, a go get it for me or Macguffin stuff and LOTS of cutting things. I kind of want them to have deal with some backwoods crazy who is making the wine(thank you for that by the by) and possibly using his other worldly urine to make people crazy. Maybe it's a catfolk or Tibbit or something?