PDA

View Full Version : Durkon will fulfill his horrible prophecy!

Dubiela
2013-03-05, 05:05 AM
Well, given that Durkon was banned from his own village because a prophecy told he would bring death and destruction once he returned AND it is known that Durkon will return to his village posthumously... it is likely possible that Count Thundershield is going to fit both premises!

What do you guys think?

Poppy Appletree
2013-03-05, 05:10 AM
I think this has got to be the single most-spoiled aspect of On the Origin of PCs ever.

Asta Kask
2013-03-05, 05:10 AM
Oh yeah. This is muchos bados.

Finagle
2013-03-05, 06:01 AM
*facepalm*

Yeah, there are people out there who haven't read Start of Darkness, you know.

hamishspence
2013-03-05, 06:09 AM
Origin of PCs in this case.

Calintares
2013-03-05, 06:26 AM
Alternate interpretation of the prophecy

Durkon changes religion and domains. His new domains are Death and Destruction. When he returns to the dwarven lands he preaches Nergals dogma, and since Hel is such a lousy death goddess, some dwarves accept this new dogma, thus he has brought "death and destruction for us all."

factotum
2013-03-05, 07:32 AM
What do you guys think?

Congratulations, you are truly the *first* person to think of this. There weren't dozens of people speculating that Durkon would return to his homeland as some sort of undead creature when the book first came out, nosirree... :smallsigh:

Dubiela
2013-03-05, 08:09 AM
I think this has got to be the single most-spoiled aspect of On the Origin of PCs ever.

Is it a spoiler? Sorry about that. The OOTS wiki page really doesn't tell much about what is or what is not a secret in this regard:

http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/Durkon_Thundershield

Dubiela
2013-03-05, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, you are truly the *first* person to think of this. There weren't dozens of people speculating that Durkon would return to his homeland as some sort of undead creature when the book first came out, nosirree... :smallsigh:

You are ironically right! I am not the first one, but I never claimed that I was in the first place. There is even a (closed) thread from 2010 saying this possibility:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173135

Nevertheless, the speculation is becoming a real probability, including the linear sequence of gates (Lirian > Dorukan > Soon > Girard > Kraagor).