PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A gully of DWAAAARVES!

RealMarkP
2013-03-05, 09:03 AM
I was talking with a friend and my next campaign will be all an all-dwarven campaign. This will, no doubt, reach a level of silliness that surpasses all previous campaigns. But what resources are there for dwarves?. I've never really delved into their lore.

1. Are there any books on the different subtypes of dwarves (ie. similar to races of faerun and it's chapter on shield dwarves)?
2. Other than races of stone, what other supplements deal with dwarves?
3. Any ideas on dwarven campaigns?

jedipilot24
2013-03-05, 09:50 AM
Dragonlance Campaign Setting and Races of Ansalon. The War of the Lance and Holy Orders of the Stars supplements also have some information about Krynnish dwarves.
Also the Warcraft RPG books.

If you do play an all-dwarf campaign, please resist the urge to all act like Chaotic Stupid drunkards with bad Scottish accents. That's how most of the dwarves in my games were played and it really got on my nerves (and my characters nerves) after a while.

Garagos
2013-03-05, 10:30 AM
I think Races of Stone may have some unique dwarf info in it, but I'm AFB right now.

Gwendol
2013-03-05, 10:36 AM
For fueling ideas, you can read the book series "The Dwarves" by Markus Heitz.

thorgrim29
2013-03-05, 10:38 AM
Yeah, Races of Stone has the dream dwarf and a lot of cool equipment and RP info. Forgotten realms has I think 3 or 4 sub races of dwarves.