PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Mohicans...kinda

Silly_Bean
2006-11-13, 04:35 AM
Right, in the Last of the Mohicans, Daniel Day Lewis' father has a big blue weapon which he goes round hacking people up with and I was wondering what the hell it is?

Any suggestions?

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-13, 05:41 AM
Im not sure, but I think that it is a weird gun, with a blade and a skull attached.

JellyPooga
2006-11-13, 09:54 AM
Im not sure, but I think that it is a weird gun, with a blade and a skull attached.

It is? I watched the film the other night and I don't remember him firing it. Or a skull for that matter. I do remember it being very choppy and it had a pick-like bit on the reverse side of the choppy side. I just call it That-dudes-big-choppy-thing-with-the-spike-on-the-back-that's-blue-for-some-reason. Might need some work to make it roll off the tongue a bit better...:smallbiggrin:

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-11-13, 12:56 PM
It's basically a spiked club, either made from a rifle stock or made to look like a rifle stock. In the latter case, some Native American tribes of that era made clubs in the image of firearms due to how powerful those weapons were - that is to say, based on their own beliefs, they felt that by copying such a powerful device, they could steal some of that power for other weapons.

MostlyHarmless
2006-11-13, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I would go with spiked club, but I think it's fashioned from metal. It also has a sharpened edge on one side, because there's one scene where he nearly cleaves an opponent's shoulder in twain. Definitely left a mark. :smalltongue: A rifle stock type club would not do that.

Loved that weapon. Oh, and he can throw it too. I'd like to see D&D stats on it. It slashes, it pierces, it bludgeons and never needs sharpening, order one today!

He wields a long-rifle for the shooty bits. What an awesome movie. One of my favorites.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-13, 09:58 PM
I agree with Gorbash. I always thought it was made from a rifle stock or made to resemble a rifle stock. I especially like the pokey bit on the reverse side.
What a great movie. I'm gonna have to dust it off and watch it again.

Sereno
2006-11-15, 08:12 AM
I've always thought it was some sort of a battleaxe, the extra spikey bit was just a bonus. Chingatchkook (sp?) weilds it like an axe, most of the time ... big chopping blows. Especially when he kicks Maugwaa's (sp?) ass at the end of the movie. I rewind that fight and watch it at least twice every time I watch LotM!! That's one tough old warrior!!

I think it might be made from copper ... and it's bluish because it's got some verdigris on it. I've seen the actual prop used in the movie in a NYC Planet Hollywood, and it looked vaguely metallic in the glass case.