PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Stealth

Karoht
2013-03-05, 05:50 PM
So I'm playing a Gnome Gunslinger Gninja (Acanous and I are practically sharing builds in two different campaigns) and I wanted to know what I can do to make more use out of my Stealth, and how I can boost my stealth up.

We have a Cleric in our party who is very fond of Invisibility purge so Invisibility will not be an often used tool. Hence, my main form of remaining undetected will be to hide in fog/smoke clouds with a Mask of Goz. However, if I need to leave the cloud for some reason, I want to do so without being seen if possible.

Mostly, I have no idea what items will help a stealth check, and I didn't see much in the way of feats to do the job other than Skill Focus. Also, my build doesn't have much in the way of wiggle room on feats.

Carth
2013-03-05, 06:09 PM
Permanent reduce person gives you an easy +5 (+4 size, and +1 from the +2 dex). Next, take advantage of the fact that in PF stealth means move silently, so by growing smaller you're now also somehow quieter when you move. Get a tablecloth, cast invisibility on it with permanency, and you'll be able to walk around dead silently without being seen either. Discard the table cloth whenever you're about to attack by letting it fall off of you, of course. This will require you to walk further ahead of your comrade when they have invisibility purge active, and given that it only lasts for a minute per level, I don't feel like that should be a regular occurrence.

NightbringerGGZ
2013-03-05, 06:12 PM
How many levels of Gninja do you plan to take? If less than 10 you'll never get Invisible Blade, so using Vanishing Trick in combat will only be for a round or two anyway. Under those conditions I would ask the Cleric to just not randomly cast Invisibility Purge.

Psyren
2013-03-05, 06:24 PM
Ifrit + Firesight (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/arg-feats/firesight-ifrit) + Eversmoking Bottle is one cheap stealth combo, though I don't think that'll help your current build.

Karoht
2013-03-05, 06:49 PM
If there was an Ifrit template, maybe, but doubtful.

I plan for a minimum of 14 levels ninja, the 3 level dip into gunslinger is almost already over.

I will be taking Forgotten Trick, so I will have access to Invisibility in the event that I actually need it, and if budget allows, a Ring of Invisibility as well. But currently I'm trying to analyze the build without Invisibility for the time being.

Reduce person is always a tool I forget for some reason. Awesome.

It works wonderfully, as my firearm damage isn't all that critical to the build, so having my weapon shrink a category is just fine, I'm a small creature using a pepperbox, my damage won't likely get much worse. Just landing the precision damage (on vulnerable targets of course) to do all the other nasty stuff is really what I'm after.

Urpriest
2013-03-05, 07:35 PM
If you're just looking for Stealth boosters, make sure you've got the Greater Shadow special ability on your armor.

Bhaakon
2013-03-05, 07:46 PM
Get a tablecloth, cast invisibility on it with permanency, and you'll be able to walk around dead silently without being seen either.

The emperor's new invisibility cloak.

AttilaTheGeek
2013-03-05, 08:49 PM
The emperor's new invisibility cloak.

So, really, the three Deathly Hallows were just a tablecloth with permancied Invisibility, a staff of True Resurrection polymorphed into a rock, and a wand of Disintegrate?

Slipperychicken
2013-03-05, 10:51 PM
Get a tablecloth, cast invisibility on it with permanency, and you'll be able to walk around dead silently without being seen either.

Doesn't work. The tablecloth itself is invisible, but doesn't confer invisibility to the wearer.