PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psicrystals, Hidden Talent and the Synchronicity abuse

Feint's End
2013-03-06, 12:24 AM
assumptions:
-Psicrystals gain feats therefor they can take Hidden Talent instead of Alertness at Level 1
-Share Power works both way (meaning Psicrystal can share their Power with you)

What are they best ways you can think of to use Hidden Talent on you Psicrystal?

I'm gonna start with my favourite and ways to optimize it.

>> The Synchronicity abuse <<

Basic: Your Psicrystal uses Synchronicity to give you extra Standardactions (through share power ... possible since it got a range of You)

Feats necessary: 1st Hidden Talent (Synchronicity), rest ist up to you (though I'd probably recommend taking some Psionic Talent and Mindsight at Level 6 ... that's basic though)

Optimization:
-use Bestow Power to refuel your Psicrystal .... after all 3 PP for another Standardaction are pretty ok I'd say (with torc even just 2)
-If you wanna burn Powerpoints quickly use the following strategy:
1st - Psicrystal manifests Synchronicity -> PC takes action as desired Psicrystal takes another cast of Synchronicity
2nd repeat
conclussion: gives your PC as much additional Standard actions as the Psicrystal has Powerpoints (depending on how your DM interprets bestow Power that might range from 2 (Hidden Talent) + 1 (Bestow Power) to 2 (Hidden Talent) + X (Depending on how often you fueled your crystal out of combat))

Example for Blaster (though it is stronger on other builds):
10th Level Azurin
-feats: 1st Psicrystal Affinity, Overchannel 3rd Psicrystal Containment, 5th Talented, 6th EK (Hustle), 9th Midnight Augmentation, 10th Psionic Meditation
-Psicrystal (note I don't calculate bestow Power in this build): 1st Hidden Talent (Synchronicity), Psionic Talentx2 (3,9), Mindsight (6)
-gear: torc of power pre.
-Psicrystal uses all 6 pp for Synchronicity in one round giving you 7 Standardactions:
>regular round: Ocerchanneled, augmented Energy Missile 16d6+16 ... afterwards restore both foci using hustle [15 pp]
>1st Synchro round: Overchanneled, augmented Energy Missile 16d6+16 [13 pp]
>2nd Synchro round: 11d6+10 [10 pp]
>3rd-6th: repeat 2nd [40 pp]
-> all together for a cost of 78 pp and 87d6+87 dmg for an average of 391,5 > not shaby at level 9 (using fire or frost that ist) ..... assuming an int of 24 the saves are also pretty awesome but you can just do that once a day :D [more of a thought experiment ... might even be possible to fuel the whole thing further with bestow power and blast alle pp in one round]
> further optimization: get flaws and take Privileged Energy for another 87 dmg or use Bestow power to get even more actions

Have fun :D

Spuddles
2013-03-06, 01:19 AM
Share power only works one way, unless you're making up rules. In which case try the homebrew forums.

Feint's End
2013-03-06, 03:30 AM
Share power only works one way, unless you're making up rules. In which case try the homebrew forums.

That share power works both way is cheesy I agree ... but I also said it's the assumption you guys should play around with (no matter what's really ruled on the table ... I know some Dms who would let that go for realism reasons (you know ... RAW is sometimes stupid))
If you just want to write about the assumptions are problematic then just don't write at all because the thread is based on them

It's more of a thought-experiment what you could do under those rulings