PDA

View Full Version : Not so fast! Here are some things that might happen...

nogall
2013-03-06, 10:37 AM
So, as many people said, things are looking pretty bad for the order right now, and saying their only chance is to destroy this gate and try to go the next one.

But wait! If we still have 2 books to go (at least), rushing to the next gate does not make much sense:

- the current blood book (5) is already quite long. It might end with the resolution of Girard's gate, or maybe before that, in the next few comics, as everyone seems to get ready for a major confrontation (the order, the linear guild, team evil, the fiends). And there is still a possibility that some major Girard illusion might still be on, which would further delay things.

- assuming the world doesn't end in the next few strips, where would they go next?
1) the logical course seems to be last and final gate. But, as I understand it, only team evil could get there quickly (they have teleport and now the location, right?), and then game over. So I think there's a good chance something will happen that delay their trip. I don't know what, ask the Giant :smallcool:

2) The order, which has been weakened a lot lately, must find some time and way to restore and gather new allies before going. This might mean Hinjo, O'chul and the likes, maybe the cleric from Cliffport, or even V's master.

3) Another possible path is for the order and linear guild (or at least tarquin, malack and durkula) to join forces when they realize how great a challenge team evil is. I know, it will be awkward and dangerous, rife with treachery and double-crossing, but c'mon, wouldn't you like to see roy and tarquin planning together?

4) The two other main settings where the action may go to: the "snarl planet" and Xykon's tomb of horror. Going to the planet within a planet may bring yet another epic dimension to the story, specially if it involves the gods. And why or how would they go to Xykon's planet? well, see the end of point n. 1 :smallbiggrin:

TL, DR: many things will yet happen before the story is over.

nogall

PS: my first crazy predictions thread. Can I call myself a proper OOTS forumite now? =)

Sir_Leorik
2013-03-06, 11:54 AM
I'm going to hijack your prediction thread to add some of my own.

1) Team Evil is going to show up at a very inconvenient time for the heroes.

2) Xykon will be within 1,000 feet of Girard's Gate. (Kind of an easy prediction, since the Oracle said he would. :smalltongue:)

3) Tarquin will try to parley with Xykon and/or Redcloak. (Nale told his father and Malack about Xykon's role in all of this, and I don't think Tarquin trusts Nale not to screw up negotiations.)

4) In order to prevent Team Evil and the Linear Guild from working together, the IFCC will use some of the debt V racked up. They will take control of V's body, possibly putting a demon or devil into the Elf.

5) Belkar will manage to crawl back to Roy and tell him everything that happened to Durkon. Then Belkar will die from his wounds, ala the messenger at the battle of Marathon.

6) The fifth book will end with Girard's Gate destroyed in the battle between Xykon and the Linear Guild.

7) Blackwing will tell Roy about V's deal with the IFCC, the soul-splice, the Familicide spell and the World he saw in the rift. Roy will be furious with V for keeping secrets from him and Haley, and threaten to kick V off the team, before Haley reminds Roy that they're down two members and need to flee.

8) The final strips of book five will involve the Order burying Belkar in the desert and mourning Durkon. Belkar will have a page where we learn which afterlife he gets. Durkon will have a page where he acts all angsty, a parody of Anne Rice and White Wolf Vampires.

TRH
2013-03-06, 12:23 PM
You know, it's occurred to me that since Dorukan's Gate exploded, at least one OOTS character can be expected to die for each Gate contested by Xykon (and the LG): Roy died defending Soon's Gate, Durkon defending Girard's Gate, so I'm guessing Belkar won't bite it until they're fighting over Kraagor's Gate. Not sure when or how he's going to get his constitution score back, but I don't expect him to die just yet, not when I seem to have identified a pattern that says otherwise.

Zmeoaice
2013-03-06, 12:50 PM
I don't think Belkar will die when there's two books left, especially after Durkon got vamped.