PDA

View Full Version : Durkon's Prophocey

KillItWithFire
2013-03-06, 11:02 AM
An idea that recently occurred to me and looking for others to check my thinking... Durkon was kicked out of his home in the dwarven lands because he would bring ruin and destruction and all manner of unpleasantness upon his next return. Thanks to the Oracle when know when that return will happen, posthumously. Perhaps you can see where I'm going with this, In some capacity or other, Durkula will be involved in the conflict with Kraagor's gate, what side he'll be on at that time remains to be seen, but seeing as we will be returning to the dwarven lands after his own death, he personally will be bringing the prophetic unpleasantness.

Minitroll
2013-03-06, 11:09 AM
It's a classic story- people learn of a bad prophesy (in Origin of the PC's, they learn Durkon will bring Death on his next return) so they try and avoid it, and kick Durkon out so he will never return. This resulted in his adventuring, finding Roy, and going on to be vamped and be forced to return home- if the people in his village hadn't tried to evade the prophecy, then Durkon wouldn't of been vamped. You can't change a prophesy.