PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn?

JusticeZero
2013-03-06, 11:31 AM
Has anyone seen decent rules for sun exposure? Looking at an area that isn't exceptionally hot (so the heat rules don't quite fit), but the sunlight itself is brutal. Are there any common rules to deal with exposure in a situation like that?

CaladanMoonblad
2013-03-06, 11:47 AM
My Google Fu indicates a negative answer to your query.

However, I looked in Sandstorm and found "Sun Hazards" starting on page 18, which includes Glare and Sunburn.

The crunchy bit here is- after 3 hours of unprotected exposure, this is a mild sunburn (1 nonlethal damage), at hours 3.1-6 hours of exposures this becomes severe sun damage (2d6 nonlethal and -2 penalty on Fort checks against fatigue from heat dangers until all this nonlethal damage is healed). There's a side rule that increases the times based on skin pigmentation (so Drow get double exposure times for some reason by this logic despite traditionally avoiding the sun lol!). I would cut the time to 1/3 for an exceptionally pale complexion such as Albino (poor Elric!)

jebbewocky
2013-03-06, 11:50 AM
Check Sandstorm?

EDIT: Beaten again!

RedDragons
2013-03-06, 05:00 PM
Don't forgot the sunscreen benfits.

Matticussama
2013-03-06, 05:06 PM
Since I don't have Sandstorm I've always just used the fatigued condition to represent sunburn. Not perfect but close enough for our purposes at the time.