PDA

View Full Version : Time For Another Gate To Go Boom?

eilandesq
2013-03-06, 02:46 PM
The OotS is down one of their big guns, who is for at least in the short run about to become an immensely dangerous weapon for the other side. Two more of their members are MIA and either wounded or in extreme mental distress. Xykon & Company are on the way, and without Durkon's buffing spells Roy won't make it to the second round of combat against the lich--and even if the LG joined with them in a full alliance I'd be betting on the epic level lich and his near-epic level evil cleric sidekick. So far, three gates have been destroyed during or in the aftermath of the chaos resulting from the attempt to sieze it. I'm guessing that #4 goes out the same way sometime in the next twenty strips, with the survivors of the Big Boom heading off to Kraagor's Gate for the Really, Really Final Epic Confrontation between Good and Evil (or Good and sort of Good and Evil and Evil and Evil and. . .).

deworde
2013-03-06, 02:52 PM
How about this: It turns out the only way to protect the gate in the Short-Term is to let Tarquin protect it. He can't use it in his plans really, and he's got the manpower to hold Xykon off.

Prospero7
2013-03-06, 03:06 PM
I wonder if Girard took the same paranoid precautions with his gate like he did in 695 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0695.html). It'd be interesting to see the gate get destroyed through no direct combat action at all by LG, OOTS or Team Evil. :smallamused:

deworde
2013-03-11, 05:24 AM
I wonder if Girard took the same paranoid precautions with his gate like he did in 695 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0695.html). It'd be interesting to see the gate get destroyed through no direct combat action at all by LG, OOTS or Team Evil. :smallamused:

Ooooh, or "So, Soon, you found us. And I assume your fascist paladin lackeys have wiped out my family. Well, it seems only fair I do the same, and add to a special irony? That you go the same way as Kraagor."

JackRackham
2013-03-11, 08:50 AM
It seems to me they make more of a krakakooooooom sound.

Macros
2013-03-11, 01:23 PM
How about this: It turns out the only way to protect the gate in the Short-Term is to let Tarquin protect it. He can't use it in his plans really, and he's got the manpower to hold Xykon off.

I really doubt it. It is true that leaving the Gate to Tarquin is not so bad immediately, but I really don't think he can hold the gate against Team Evil. And frankly, why even take the risk ? No, I think that right now, the best option for the Order would be to find V, destroy this gate and regroup in a more-friendly area. If they can manage to destroy vampire!Durkon on their way, all the better, but that might be a little too much to ask for them considering their states.