PDA

View Full Version : The priest of nuclear armaggeddon! (3.5 PrC PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-03-06, 03:50 PM
The priest of the sewers
"man that guy was creepy...there was just something...unnatural about him...he had small tentacles, a fearful aura, and he made my brain feel like it was going to explode...these are dark times indeed
-Phillip, talking about a priest of the sewers

Requirements
Must be able to cast divine spells of level 5
Must be able to cast domain spells
Must be chaotic in alignment
Must have the great fortitude feat

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special| Spellcasting

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Mutation, apocalypse domain|+1 level of existing class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

8th|
+6/1|
+6|
+2|
+6|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

9th|
+6/1|
+6|
+3|
+6|Mutation|+1 level of existing class

10th|
+7/2|
+7|
+3|
+7|Mutation|+1 level of existing class[/table]

Apocalypse domain:
When starting in this prestige class, the character gains access to the nuclear apocalypse domain (see below)
sewer Apocalypse domain
Granted domain power: you may turn/rebuke aberrations as well as undead
1. Grease
2. Acid arrow (Sludge bolt)
3. Stinking cloud (trash cloud)
4. Solid fog (thick sewer gas)
5. Cloudkill (toxic sewer gas)
6. Acid fog (acidic sewer gas)
7. Insanity (brain damage)
8. Horrid wilting (radiation damage)
9. Meteor swarm (nuclear doom!)

Mutation (Su, Sp, or Ex)
Every level of priest of nuclear armaggeddon, the character mutates in some way from all the radiation around him. Pick one ability from the list below, some may be picked 2 or more times

Natural weapons (Ex)
You gain a 2 new natural weapons that deal 1d4 damage or one dealing 1d6
more? this can be taken up to 3 times total, each time gaining another natural attack or increasing the damage of one set by 1 size

Spell capability (Sp)
You gain one 1st level divine spell like ability that doesnt have the (healing) subschool or the abjuration school usable 1/day
more? this can be taken any number of times but only every other level, each time gaining a new spell or increasing the number of uses per day by one. Something usable 5/day is usable at will

Tough plates (Ex)
your natural armor increases by +2
more? each time this is taken it increases your natural armor by 1

increased mental capacity (Ex)
see spell capability but you may now pick a psionic power instead of a spell

Paragon (Ex)
increase one stat by 1 points
more? each additional time this is taken either increase a new ability by 1 or a previously increased one by 1, this can only be taken every other level

Acidic blood
when you are hit with a slashing or piercing weapon your blood spills out, dealing 1d4 points of acid damage to the attacker. In addition a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier, you may deal yourself 1d6 points of subdual damage as you throw up concentrated acid dealing 1d6 damage
more? each time this is taken you increase the damage die of both attacks by one, but your spit deals an additional 1d6 points of subdual damage to you.

Gills
you have adapted to life in the sewers, you gain gills and can swim through polluted waters as if they were perfectly fine
more? this can only be taken once

Wings
you grow large bat wings (yes bats can live in sewers) that allow you to fly at a speed of 20 feet with clumsy maneuverability
more? each time this is taken you may either increase your speed by 10ft (to a maximum of 50ft) or your maneuverability by 1 rank (maximum average)

Dark eyes
you either gain darkvision 60ft. or existing darkvision increases by 30ft.
more? each time this is taken you gain 30 more feet of darkvision

NOTE: this is in no way related to the evolutionist even though it says mutations! (unless draken wants it to be)

also, any cool ideas to change this class or any more mutations?
EDIT: also how is the domain, good? im debating between turning oozes or aberrations

inuyasha
2013-03-07, 09:10 PM
bump :p any PEACHes?

Grinner
2013-03-07, 09:26 PM
I can't speak for balance, but there are few things to get started on:

It's quite incomplete. More mutations are in order as well as a little more background. Have you looked at the D20 Modern SRD yet?
The domain seems very non-thematic. I realize that there aren't many spells that fall under the nuclear explosion theme, but that certainly needs.
It would be kind of cool if you expanded this into a collection of apocalypse-themed prestige classes, each one representing a certain kind of apocalypse.

inuyasha
2013-03-07, 09:28 PM
well when i originally made the domain i added pseudonyms for each spell, i will probably add those in soon adn good idea for the mutations

inuyasha
2013-03-07, 09:52 PM
pseudonyms added

and also, by other prestige classes for apocalypse you mean like, one for nuclear, one for war, one for disease, etc?

Grinner
2013-03-07, 09:56 PM
and also, by other prestige classes for apocalypse you mean like, one for nuclear, one for war, one for disease, etc?

Pretty much. I really only suggested it as something to expand this project into, if you end up liking this concept enough. Something like what Kellus did with Gramarie.

inuyasha
2013-03-07, 10:02 PM
and do the pseudonyms make sense for the spells?

Grinner
2013-03-07, 10:27 PM
and do the pseudonyms make sense for the spells?

I still don't get how they fit into a nuclear apocalypse theme, but they are at least fairly uniform. What's your angle there? Have you considered making a sewer priest PrC instead?

inuyasha
2013-03-07, 10:33 PM
well i figured sewer gas because when i think nuclear armageddon i think fallout, gamma world, wasteland. I think of lots of trash, refuse, junk, and sewers

super dark33
2013-03-08, 06:00 AM
well i figured sewer gas because when i think nuclear armageddon i think fallout, gamma world, wasteland. I think of lots of trash, refuse, junk, and sewers

It's more of a sewage priest as said before.
Change the 9th level domain spell to somthing acid themed and we can start working on a Nuclear waste priest.

We live in the sewers, banished from the upside world...
In the darkness food is scarce, and sometimes the occasional maintenance worker looks delicious...
We are SUFFERING down here...
And to add salt to injury, they dump their WASTE on us!
We we are dying. Killed by their toxic junk.
But what they don't know, is that we evolved.
We are STRONGER.
I am the high priest of the sewers! I will make you feel OUR SUFFERING!

This is awesome.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-03-08, 06:09 AM
The 9th level domain spell needs to be changed to "Apocalypse from the Sky". You know, the standard nation-killer spell. Nothing says Armageddon more than 10d6 damage at a radius of 400 miles or so.

RadicalTurnip
2013-03-08, 12:54 PM
Requirements
Must be able to cast divine spells of level 5
Must be able to cast domain spells
Must be chaotic in alignmentThis is...interesting. I feel there needs to be another entry requirement that makes it a little taxing or something, or else there's no reason to not go into it, especially with what I go into later. Perhaps the Die Hard feat? Or Endurance? Maybe Great Fortitude?

Apocalypse domain:
When starting in this prestige class, the character gains access to the nuclear apocalypse domain (see below)
Nuclear Apocalypse domain
Granted domain power: you may turn/rebuke aberrations as well as undead
1. Grease
2. Acid arrow (Sludge bolt)
3. Stinking cloud (trash cloud)
4. Solid fog (thick sewer gas)
5. Cloudkill (toxic sewer gas)
6. Acid fog (acidic sewer gas)
7. Insanity (brain damage)
8. Horrid wilting (radiation damage)
9. Meteor swarm (nuclear doom!) I don't really know how else to do it, but yeah, this look sorta' like a trash or sewer domain. It's not too bad if other stuff gets fixed.

Natural weapons (Ex)
You gain a 2 new natural weapons that deal 1d4 damage or one dealing 1d6
more? this can be taken up to 3 times total, each time gaining another natural attack damage or increasing one by one die type perhaps instead make it "One larger size category" instead of just a larger dice. Check out "Table: Increasing Damage by Size" here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm)

Spell capability (Sp)
You gain one 1st level ability usable 1/day
more? this can be taken any number of times but only every other level, each time gaining a new spell or increasing the number of uses per day by one. Something usable 5/day is usable at will this needs to be more clear. What spells? Spells you can cast? Divine Spells you can cast? Spells on your spell list? Any spell from any spell list? What level of spell? What about material components or experience components required to cast the spell normally? This can be a pretty powerful ability, depending on what restrictions you put on it.

Tough plates (Ex)
your natural armor increases by +2
more? each time this is taken it increases your natural armor by 1 seems about right. Not many will take it, but it's about what normal classes would do.

increased mental capacity (Ex)
see spell capability but you may now pick a psionic power instead of a spell so I make a 1-level dip as a cleric into this otherwise free-to-enter class, and get Reality Revision as an Psi-like ability with no xp or material cost? This *could* be okay, but I wouldn't have this one at all, if you do, limit it to something like "Power level of half your class level"

Paragon (Ex)
increase one stat by 2 points
more? each additional time this is taken either increase a new ability by 2 or a previously increased one by 1 Again, this isn't bad, just don't make it available at level 1, maybe do lesser and greater mutations? A 1-level dip gets you +2 Wisdom for your cleric? Sure!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-03-08, 02:52 PM
I'm really not sure what to make of this. The class seems...well, bland. It's a full-casting class with mutations, none of which seem to really feel like the cleric responsible is heralding a Nuclear Armageddon.

Are you looking for a class to be a chassis for mutations, or are you really trying to capture the feeling of a member of the Clergy foretelling and exemplifying an oncoming apocalypse? If the former I'd recommend possibly dropping the casting (or, alternatively, adding in Far Realms flavor) and really going to town on the mutations: they're currently all minor bonuses rather than things that would make me sit up and go "Man. This mutation is really bizarre. In a GOOD way."

If the latter, I'd make the mutations take a more minor role and add in some really flavorful Apocalypse-themed abilities, since mutations alone will leave this classes feeling a bit empty.

inuyasha
2013-03-08, 03:44 PM
ok im back on :)

wow this is alot more responses than i expected, let me do changes

thanks for all the help guys, and i guess it wouldnt be that bad to make it a sewer priest :p

The 9th level domain spell needs to be changed to "Apocalypse from the Sky". You know, the standard nation-killer spell. Nothing says Armageddon more than 10d6 damage at a radius of 400 miles or so.

i dont know what this spell is :O

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-03-08, 03:50 PM
Conjuration: Creation 9th lvl
Radius: 20 miles/caster level
Effect: 10d6 damage of one of the 5 energy types (your choice)
Special: no save, no spell resistance.

That's what "Apocalypse from the Sky" is. For those special occasions you want to kill every low-level enemy, every civilian, every child, every dog, every cat, every mouse or other animal you care to name, most plants and lay waste to the less sturdy objects and buildings... in an entire nation.

It's from Book of Vile Darkness, I think.

inuyasha
2013-03-08, 03:52 PM
ah i dont have access to that book... i will keep looking however for a replacement spell

hamishspence
2013-03-08, 03:55 PM
Radius 10 miles per level, not twenty.

inuyasha
2013-03-08, 04:10 PM
well since i dont have access to that book i wont use the spell, but fear not i will find something

also, added new mutations, slightly tweaked some old ones, and i have an idea, im thinking of adding defects that you gain every level as well because you live in the sewers