PDA

View Full Version : E.A.G.L.E. Taskforce Gamma Team

Falconknight06
2013-03-06, 04:29 PM
The week passes quickly as the group gets their equipment together and their cover story straight. As the day arrives, the crew loads up the provided Jeep and heads north to the North Cascades. the trip is uneventful, and the crew makes it into the park, complete with backpacking permits and camping permits to be within the park.

The group has been provided with two hotel rooms in town to stay the first night and get ready for the trip. They arrive around mid day on a Saturday, the town full of tourists and natives, perfect place to find out some basic information on Bigfoot's location.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-06, 05:04 PM
Scott grabbed a notebook and pen that was lying on one of the mostly unoccupied seats and bounced straight out of the Jeep before it had finished parking. He went straight up to the first attractive woman apparently in her 20s or 30s and began talking. "Hey, I'm Scott, my friends and I are film students from California. Would you mind if I asked a few questions about Bigfoot?" He paused and let the information sink in for a moment before explaining further. "We're making a documentary about american myths, Mike thinks we should cover a whole bunch of them, but I think Bigfoot is big enough to have his own show."
Scott held his notebook in his left hand and put the pen behind his right ear.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-06, 06:31 PM
Mike watches Scott bounce out and head over the girl.Typical"I'm gonna get checked in and start moving stuff into the rooms. I want at least one meeting with everybody sometime tonight just to make sure we're on the same page and to bring up anything anyone may have found out today." He looks back towards Scott."If someone wants to tell loverboy over there I'd appreciate it. After I get checked in and set up I may try to find some locals at a bar. Anybody else up for drinks tonight?"

Diful Takveh
2013-03-07, 12:20 AM
I'll check in and take this equipment up to my room. The college can't afford to lose any more money to damaged equipment. Lee goes to the front desk, checks in, and gets the room keys. He gives one to Mike. Make sure Scott doesn't get too crazy. Last thing I want is to have a student reflect poorly on the college. I don't want my boss berating me for his behavior. He takes the large case that has the recording equipment and his requisitioned and personal belongings to the elevator and goes to the second floor. After he enters the room, Lee immediately unpacks his laptop and sets it on the desk. He immediately sets out to work his way around hotel security measures so he can spy on various hotel guests and employees, monitoring for any and all talk of any strange occurences or the film crew.

Computer Use for hacking: [roll0]

LeSwordfish
2013-03-07, 04:21 AM
Zhou Mae looked around the surroundings critically before striding into the hotel. "We should be taking establishing shots." she announced to the group, loudly and confidently. "Before the weather breaks, which i'm sure it will in this ****hole."

Her voice was carefully controlled: she'd spent most of the journey practicing her "loud, brash, american" accent, and there were no traces of her normal flat chinese tones sticking through.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-07, 07:59 AM
Zhou Mae looked around the surroundings critically before striding into the hotel. "We should be taking establishing shots." she announced to the group, loudly and confidently. "Before the weather breaks, which i'm sure it will in this ****hole."

Her voice was carefully controlled: she'd spent most of the journey practicing her "loud, brash, american" accent, and there were no traces of her normal flat chinese tones sticking through.

"Ok, we compromise. I'll get the camera and we can take some establishing shots as well as maybe some quick interviews at the local bar" Mike quickly pulls out his fake id to make sure he's at least 21 on it.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-11, 05:28 PM
Scott walks back to the others with an even bigger grin. Once getting over to Mike, he whispered before helping unload the gear into the rooms.

"That wen't perfectly, now no-one should question what we are doing in this random little town in the middle of nowhere. Although I might have played a little too eccentric, I'm not much of a people person. No matter, a girl her age will probably tell half the town that a bunch of weird collage students are trying to make a movie. What are you guys again, 22, 23, I'm fairly certain you lot are the same age." Scott then raises his voice to a normal level for talking with someone a few feet away from him "Where do you wan't to start, Bar, pharmacy, park?"

Blade Conduit
2013-03-11, 05:46 PM
"Bar. You want people with loose tongues and plenty of secrets only they know, you go to a bar. Plus I'm dying for a drink right about now." He thinks about the team he has here and knows that its the perfect blend to really make their mark as a "student" film team.
"Remember when we leave the only thing I want these people to know was that we were here making a film. If anything goes down in the park that raises eyebrows I don't want any of that attached to us." That he thought was going to be the most difficult part about all of this. Standing out enough to get people to notice and talk to you but not so much that if things went sour the whole town wouldn't rise up at once and in unison say "THAT FILM TEAM!"

Bladehunter217
2013-03-12, 09:40 AM
"True, but Mike, we just got here and it is hardly drinking time, you aren't degrading on us already are you?" Scott raised an eyebrow and winked before double checking his ID just in case it said something other than his age, which would be a crappy reason to blow cover. "Oh, and by park, i meant a park like a town square, but with a tree or two, not the state forest. I kinda doubt people take their dogs up the hill into moose territory just for some relieving of a half-pound of useless weight."

Diful Takveh
2013-03-12, 09:46 AM
Lee texts the group, I've set up a system that will alert us if anyone in this hotel talks about bigfoot. If you do your jobs right, we should have plenty of hits soon. It also monitors feedback about the film crew, so we should know just how much they hate us.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-12, 10:24 AM
"The people in the bar right now are the old timers, the out of work types. The people in there right now are the ones with the history of this place, the stories, and if there's any truth out there, they have it." Mike thinks back to the hours he spent with grandfather in the local pub growing up. He thought those old men knew everything about everything. Later in life he realized that while they may have had a few details wrong they knew quite a bit of truths the rest of the world liked to ignore.

Getting Lee's text Mike quickly texts back "Good job, hitting the bar. Don't know how much action we'll stir up in the hotel but keep us up to speed."

Falconknight06
2013-03-13, 04:55 PM
Lee

The hotel you guys are set up in does not have a very high tech security system. In fact, your hacking reveals that they have roughly half the cameras it looks like, the others being inactivated or merely decoys. You are able to get a feed linked into your laptop and other devices though, as well as some bugs to send alerts to your phone when certain key phrases are heard. As for the rooms, they're comfortable, if utilitarian, and you guys are registered for 7 days, though the hotel is expecting you to be camping for at least part of that.

Scott

You do spot the girl you talked to earlier talking with a group of others, and they keep eyeing you and giggling.

Group going to the Bar

You enter the bar, a classic "rustic" appearance showing, though the bar is likely less than twenty years old. Large picture windows at the front keep the place fairly well lit, and a fireplace sits in the center of the room. A good mix of people are present, some tourists eating burgers, as well as some older folks drinking at the bar. A few college students with laptops sit at various tables, talking and writing on there laptops. It seems this bar serves as the town "Starbucks" as far as the wanna-be-writers set goes. A quick look shows a decent selection of beers and typical pub food, all at tourist town prices.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-14, 01:01 AM
Scott looks over to mike, "You go ahead and claim some room, Zhou and I will go get the establishing shot. Don't worry, we'll be back in ten." Scott turns and pauses, "Has Lee got the equipment?"

Blade Conduit
2013-03-14, 04:37 PM
Mike heads up to the bar, near the older people at the bar but not right next to them, and gets his wallet out and the fake id ready. He quickly catches the eye of the bartender. "Scotch, neat." He lays the id on the bar. He pulls out one of the smaller maps of the park they give out to everyone who goes in and lays it on the bar in front of him. Then slightly louder than needed says. "Gah, I don't even know where to start."

Diful Takveh
2013-03-14, 09:19 PM
Lee turns on the TV to watch the weather. It will be important to know what we're in for by the way of weather. We want Bigfoot to be the biggest surprise. He leaves the TV on, finds a map of the hotel and marks where all the dead live cameras are. I'll walk around and map out the blind spots when I have someone to watch my computer. We probably won't need them, but it would be nice to know where we could hide.

Falconknight06
2013-03-18, 03:57 PM
Mike

You get some looks from interest from some of the regulars, but they seem to quickly go back to their drinks as they realize you're just another tourist. The bartender lays your drink in front of you and returns to his work.

Lee

The weather seems like it will be clear for your stay, with only a slight chance for light snow high up in the mountains in the park

Bladehunter217
2013-03-18, 04:17 PM
Scott will wander town, looking for a place to set up the camera to get a decent shot of the mountains and forests.

This will last for about 2hours of IC time.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-18, 04:31 PM
Mike looks over to the bartender down the bar "Hey, I've got a question for ya, my friends are looking for something. Don't really expect to find it but we're making a movie based on looking for it.. " he looks down the bar towards the locals. "I'm sure you probably get this all the time, we're looking for Bigfoot."
He chuckles, takes a pull off the drink and asks "anybody seen a bigfoot?"

LeSwordfish
2013-03-19, 02:30 AM
Zhou Mae followed Mike back into the group. "We've some pretty good evidence." She said. "But it's always better to have eyewitness sightings."

Diful Takveh
2013-03-20, 10:47 PM
Good, so I won't have to worry about any of the equipment being rained on. Lee falls into the bed, arms behind his head, It also means we won't have to track him through storm conditions. I wonder what he's like. Transformation aside, living in the park for decades would do a number on one's emotional stability. Lee sits up and goes over to his computer to check the Washington State Digital Archives for "Stanley James" including marriage certificates and land ownership. It would be good to check his old house to see if any of his old lab equipment is there. Also, a living spouse might help him cope with the solitude of his life in the park.

Falconknight06
2013-03-27, 03:47 PM
At the Bar

The bartender smiles at the young man saying Searching for Bigfoot are ya? Well, you're gonna have quite a hike ahead of you. I hear he is up on top a one of the hills in the middle of the park, far from us regular folk. But if you wanna know, Hank at the Hardware store claims he's seen the beast before, and that he knows where he lives

Internet Search

It seems the records for Stanley James show he died in 1992 after a mountain climbing accident. He was unmarried, and never had any children