PDA

View Full Version : 'Basic Game' Team Two IC

leafman
2013-03-06, 06:42 PM
"Goblin raiding parties have been attacking the the village of Daytown. The villagers have been able to repel the goblins, chasing them back to a cave on the edge of town. The raids have continued and the town's defenders are growing fewer in number. The village elder's have put out a call for adventurers to delve the depths of the cave and put an end to the goblin menace before the town is overrun."

You have bravely entered the cave, only to find you weren't the only one to answer the villagers' call. Other adventurers have already gathered near a set of heavy wooden doors bound in iron. The doors are closed and bare carvings of dragons.

OOC & MAP:Introduce yourselves, decide on which square your in and your first actions.
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/1aclosed.jpg

Gem_Knight
2013-03-06, 07:17 PM
Viet Walks up, 5-10 feet away from the door (Middle Right)

He takes a moment to observe his companions before speaking.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-06, 08:24 PM
Silara walks in, unsurprised at the group of people. She gently shoulders her way past them and stands next to the door, back against the wall. She watches the others, and after a moment of silence, she decides to break the ice. "Silara," she says, "Silara Vance. I'm assuming you're all here for the Daytown job?"

Position: Bottom Left, above the door.

Saskia
2013-03-06, 09:00 PM
A job, a duty, it doesn't matter which, the young gnome woman responds softly. It still is good to have companions for a dangerous task. You may call me Rei, if you like.

leading valorously from the front; detect evil scanning the others, then down the corridor.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-06, 09:25 PM
Stiv notices some folks are already at the cave waiting at the door.
"How do.. Have you been sent here by the elders also?"
Stiv positions himself in the top right square.

leafman
2013-03-06, 09:35 PM
Rei:
Your detect evil picks up a faint aura of evil from the other side of the door.

Saskia
2013-03-06, 10:06 PM
Quietly now, there is at least one behind the door, if we're careful we can take him by surprise before an alarm can be raised.

Rei quietly draws her sword and whispers a short prayer in her native tongue.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-06, 10:29 PM
"A Duty? More of a passion for me." He draws his chain in one hand, ready to grip with the other hand or cast if needed. "My name is Viet, if it is only one as you say, I shall conserve my magicks for greater threats. Open when ready."

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-07, 01:37 AM
Rei - gnome, paladin by the sound of it. Viet - wizard, fights with a chain. Silara commits these to memory. Then, she drops into her battle stance, greatsword sliding smoothly from it's sheath on her back. "Before that, isn't anyone going to check for traps?" She has had her fair share of unpleasant experiences when one of her party members neglected to test the door before shoving it wide open.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-07, 06:54 AM
Stiv notices everyone preparing for combat. "You can call me Stiv. I will follow your lead if anyone cares to lead." he whispers quietly. Stiv grips his longbow and readies an arrow.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-08, 11:41 AM
Stiv stands ready.. He whispers to the figures around him "Psst.. How shall we proceed?"

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-08, 12:37 PM
Impatient, Silara raises her foot and gives the doors a good shove. "Let's get this over with - another mercenary owes me ten gold pieces that I need to collect."

Opens doors and looks in. Spot check? I can roll it OOC.

leafman
2013-03-08, 12:53 PM
Silara kicks the doors open to reveal a rubble-strewn chamber that appears to have collapsed in places. You can smell the dust and decay of ancient times in the still air. Suddenly, an arrow streaks across the room and clatters harmlessly of the wall beside Silara!

A goblin archer on the far side of the room struggles to reload his crossbow, flustered by his near miss. Just around the corner you hear the shrill shreik of a goblin warrior "For Tusenmaug!"

OOC & Map

Roll for initiative!

Map:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/1aopent2.jpg

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-08, 04:25 PM
Seeing her opportunity, Silara charges the archer as it reloads its crossbow, greatsword flashing through the air. She slams into the goblin, her blade swinging down against its flesh.

Charge to square 1 up from Goblin Archer (+2 attack bonus, -2 AC until next turn)

Attack (Power Attack: -1): [roll0]

Damage (Power Attack: +2): [roll1]

leafman
2013-03-08, 05:41 PM
The goblin archer neatly dodges Silara's attack.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-08, 06:54 PM
Stiv slips around the corner taking aim at the goblin warrior, letting an arrow fly..

Stiv take position one square down and right of the chest..
Attack -
Damage - [roll]1d8

Chloroplasts
2013-03-08, 06:58 PM
Stiv slaps himself in the face, embarrassed of his actions in front of the seasoned adventurers...

Damage - [roll0]

leafman
2013-03-08, 07:16 PM
Stiv's arrow flies true and strikes the goblin warrior square in the right eye. He screams in pain as bright red blood gushes from his eye socket. The goblin begins to teeter as if about to faint, but anger and adrenaline stabilizes it.

Saskia
2013-03-08, 07:30 PM
For the glory of Glittergold! Rei calls out as she charges the archer, her face twisted in ardor, gripping her longsword in both hands.

BAB +1, STR +2, Size +1, Racial attack bonus against goblinoids +1
Standard attack bonus (v. goblins) +5
Charge +2, Power attack -1
[roll0] to hit, [roll1]

Edit: Also, -2 AC for charge, can't use shield from 2-handing, current AC 15 rather than 19.

leafman
2013-03-08, 07:54 PM
The goblin archer does the unthinkable and falls in two different directions as Rei's blade slices it in half. Death comes swiftly to those who oppose Glittergold's chosen. :smallbiggrin:

Gem_Knight
2013-03-09, 06:13 PM
Viet takes a slow step and kicks a leg out behind him, "Grah- crap- the fu-" he stops himself from swearing. He steps out towards the others, chain in both hands. He looks at the neatly sliced Goblin archer. "Well then..."

(Would we now notice the goblin that was to the side? If so I'll ready an action to trip him if he comes near us while pointing him out?)

leafman
2013-03-09, 07:45 PM
The goblin warrior charges forward, running at Veit and takes a desperate swing with his morningstar

Dependent on the success of Veit's trip attack:
Dex check to avoid being tripped [roll0] (+1 dex bonus, -4 size mod)
Attack [roll1] (+2 for charge)
Miss chance for being half blind (misses on a 25 or lower) [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Gem_Knight
2013-03-09, 09:37 PM
"Oh no you don't y'ugly punk!"

Touch Attack [roll0]
Assuming Touch attack hits, vs. trip [roll1]
Assuming trip succeeds, Melee Attack [roll]1d20[roll]
Damage if Hit [roll2]

Side note, if the trip fails, since that was a prepare action, would I still get an AoO as well to try again? 0.o; since ya know, the one was triggered by advanced forethought and the other by reactive immediacy- and he is charging me and would in theory provoke at both the 10 and 5 foot mark, I'm assuming at the 10 foot mark he triggers my readied action, so at the 5ft if I fail could I use an attack of opportunity to try it again? or if he tries to get up which would also provoke if I succeed in tripping him?

Gem_Knight
2013-03-09, 09:39 PM
double posting due to double whoops

[roll0]

leafman
2013-03-09, 09:55 PM
The chain wraps around the goblin's ankle and he is pulled to the floor. "Dirty over-grown monkey men!" the goblin grumbles as he struggles back to his feet.

Standing up ends the goblin's turn, provoking AoO. I don't know what your 1d10 roll was for, your 1d20 was the one that didn't work :smalltongue: You can roll it in OOC or I can roll it for you. If it hits the goblin is dead. I'll post an updated map when we know his fate.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-10, 02:58 AM
(OOC: :eek: d'oh)

"What vulgar filth dares call ME dirty!?" He scowls as he reaches back for the swing (above- and if that doesn't kill him- again when he tries to stand)

[roll0] for the whoopsie with the d10 aka the swing triggered by the trip
[roll1] and for the AoO swing
[roll2] and damage.

leafman
2013-03-10, 11:43 AM
The chain clanks against the floor narrowly missing the goblin, but as he stands up he falls victim to another swing, the spikes drag across his thin frame, ending his life.

Map:

End of round one encounter one map:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/1aopent2-1.jpg

You are free to move about the chamber.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-10, 12:21 PM
Silara seeths, angry that her only attack had missed. Tch, I'm going to have to be more careful with my swings. Turning to survey the situation, she notices the chest. "Does anyone know how to check for traps, or know how to open a lock?" She approaches the chest cautiously, looking out for any obvious signs of trouble.

Spot: [roll0]

Saskia
2013-03-10, 03:12 PM
Perhaps. Rei says gently, looking for a blunt instrument to bash the chest open. It certainly would not do to allow the followers of Maglubiyet to maintain possession.

leafman
2013-03-10, 03:47 PM
Silara doesn't notice any immediate danger, or anything out of the ordinary.

Almost forgot this, everyone gets 75xp for slaughtering the goblins.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-10, 03:52 PM
Silara approaches the chest, using her greatsword to tap the box at a distance, checking for any physical or magical traps set on the chest itself. She then wedges the tip of her sword in the seam between the lid and the base, sets her leg under the flat of her blade, and pushes against the handle to see if she can pry the lid open.

Staying a ways away from the box, in case there are any traps that activate against intruders in the immediate vicinity.

Making a Strength check against the box: [roll0]

Gem_Knight
2013-03-10, 04:32 PM
Insert FF victory tune :smallcool:

Viet looks at the chest, "Indeed," he agrees with Rei.

Also assuming the chest isn't made of stone xD yes?

leafman
2013-03-10, 05:06 PM
The chest lid flies open, smacking loudly against the stone wall behind and slamming back down on Silara's blade. The goblins didn't bother to lock the chest in their haste to set up an ambush.

Saskia
2013-03-10, 05:08 PM
Goblins, Rei sighs. What have we got here?

Chloroplasts
2013-03-10, 07:09 PM
Stiv searches the Goblin bodies in the meantime, and says "That was unexpected, don'tcha think.."

Saskia
2013-03-10, 07:12 PM
Leaving their belongings unlocked, or leaving only two soldiers to guard the entrance? Rei asks. Either way, it's rather unsurprising. Goblins are not known for their immense intellect or tactical instinct, after all.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-10, 07:15 PM
"The fact that they had attempted set up an ambush of sorts is worrying though. Either they have tactical assistance, which worries me, or they're wising up... which worries me more." Silara cautiously looks inside the chest, wary of what might be inside.

leafman
2013-03-10, 09:52 PM
Stiv:
The goblin archer doesn't have much of value, the only salvagable items he has are a few crossbow bolts and his crossbow. The warrior however, has a large medallion tucked under the tattered remains of his armor. Upon closer inspection you notice the medallion bears the seal of Daytown.

Silara:
[roll0]
The chest appears to be empty, but something isn't right. The chest doesn't seem to be as deep as it looks like it should be on the outside.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-10, 10:51 PM
A hidden compartment? Using her sheath as a cover, she turns her greatsword around so that she is holding it by the blade. Silara then begins to tap the fake bottom, hoping to break through it. She also looks for any indication of an opening - a tab to pull, perhaps.

Search: [roll1]

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 12:12 AM
"Strange" He looks over Silara's shoulder, "Goblin subterfuge? Perhaps this chest was not there's, or more likely, they already looted it and missed the extra depth."

Chloroplasts
2013-03-11, 12:15 PM
Stiv hold the medallion with the the seal of Daytown up and asks "What do you think this will fetch?"

leafman
2013-03-11, 12:34 PM
Silara's search is sucessful. By tapping on the false bottom in one corner, the whole bottom swiveled on a diagonal allowing it to be removed. Beneath lies a pair of boots. The boots are made of exceptional craftsmanship, they have a wing pattern embossed on the sides.

Boots of speed, gives the wearer +10 movement speed.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-11, 01:06 PM
Silara reaches in and picks up the boots, quickly stepping away from the chest in case it was rigged with a weight-sensitive trap. She sits on one of the fallen rocks, and changes into the Boots of Speed. It fits snugly against her legs, and as she stands she feels lighter. These'll help with the weight of the armor, she thinks happily. But she quickly realizes that the others may need it more than her, and she guiltily takes them off. Setting them on the stone where she sat, she says, "Some of you might need it more than me." Then she turns, and looks down the passage that leads past the chest.

Hope nobody needs these boots? Also, look down passage to the right of the chest.

Saskia
2013-03-11, 01:24 PM
Rei moves to the mouth of the corridor and looks, her gaze fixed and her brow furled in concentration.

Detect evil down the corridor.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 01:40 PM
frankly as a dwarf Viet could use them too >.>

PS, sorry for the short post, not much to reply too unless I make a stink about the boots... plus- kind of a rush but don't want to hold up the game...

Viet takes a moment, "Does anyone else want these more, certainly wouldn't do to come off as greedy?" Assuming no response takes the boots, after putting them on Viet moves to follow the group.

leafman
2013-03-11, 01:40 PM
Looking down the the corridor you can see a dimly lit chamber and another corridor beyond that takes a sharp turn to the left.

Rei: You don't see anything with your detect evil, the passages ahead seem to be deserted.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-12, 10:29 AM
Silara moves forward slowly, testing each stone in the ground with her foot before putting her full weight onto it. She also looks around, looking for any tripwires that might set off a trap.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-12, 10:34 AM
Stiv falls in behind the group watching for an ambush from behind.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-12, 04:25 PM
Veit puts himself firmly in the middle best he can at speed.

Perhaps Silara could noticed the two slower party members and take this as an opportunity to pass over the boots :smallbiggrin:

Saskia
2013-03-12, 05:31 PM
Rei moves at a stately pace, sensing for evil the whole way. She has a duty to perform, and she aims to do it carefully.

leafman
2013-03-13, 01:21 PM
You pass through the first corridor and the empty chamber until you come to the bend in the next corridor. You can see the faint flicker of torches bouncing off the stone walls and you hear a guttural voice.
"Search the chests," the voice commands, "then help Gorg open doors. Tusenmaug wants bird-lady out, so the bird-lady has to go!"

Map of the room:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/2bt2.jpg

And the map so far:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/Map1.jpg

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-13, 01:31 PM
Silara holds up a hand to signal the group to be careful. Realizing that, because of her armor, she wouldn't be able to sneak up on them, she turns to the group and whispers, "Can anyone here move quietly enough to scout ahead? Unfortunately metal armor is not conducive to stealth."

Gem_Knight
2013-03-13, 04:17 PM
Silara holds up a hand to signal the group to be careful. Realizing that, because of her armor, she wouldn't be able to sneak up on them, she turns to the group and whispers, "Can anyone here move quietly enough to scout ahead? Unfortunately metal armor is not conducive to stealth."

"Sorry lad, Dwarfs aren't really built for stealth either." He looks around attempting to gauge if any of the others might be stealth-ful.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-13, 04:30 PM
"I'll give it a shot.." Stiv says quietly and attempts to sneak up and peer around the corner.

Move Silently [roll0]
From current position move 2 right and 2 up and look around corner.

leafman
2013-03-13, 07:19 PM
Stiv stealthily moves forward and sees a goblin looking in a chest. It appears not to notice Stiv as it rummages through the contents of the chest.

opposed listen check [roll0]
Adding +5 to the DC of the listen check because it is distracted, so Stiv's total is 23 rahter than 18.
map update:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/2bt2-1.jpg

Chloroplasts
2013-03-14, 09:34 AM
Stiv motions to the group with his fingers at his eyes that he sees something, then holds up one finger to indicate one individual, then points in the direction of the goblin. Then Stiv nods to the group.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-14, 03:17 PM
Stiv draws back his bow with two arrows and aims at the goblin in front of the chest. Stiv lets the arrows fly and takes a step to the side and says softly "We may have some unexpected company, hope you were ready."

(Not sure if suprise attack adds anything)
Attack = Attack Bonus + Point Blank Range + Rapid shot
Arrow 1 1d20+5+1-2
Arrow 2 1d20+5+1-2
Damage = Point Blank Range + Favored Enemy
If damage 1 1d8+1+1
If damage 2 1d8+1+1
Move 1 square down, I hope I can take a 5 foot step after this action, if not my mistake.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-14, 03:19 PM
Sorry.. Still learning..
Arrow 1
1d20+5+1-2
Arrow 2
1d20+5+1-2

If damage 1
1d8+1+1
If damage 2
1d8+1+1

Move 1 square down, I hope I can take a 5 foot step after this action, if not my mistake.

Chloroplasts
2013-03-14, 03:28 PM
Sorry again.. Still still learning... Lets hope it works this time... Sorry again..

[roll0] Arrow 1
[roll1] Arrow 2

[roll2] If damage 1
[roll3] If damage 2

leafman
2013-03-22, 10:41 AM
Stiv's arrow rattles of the wall above the goblin, it turns to see where the arrow came from just in time to see Silara thundering towards it. Stricken with panic it starts to scream "GORG! H-" and is silenced by Silara's blade.

You hear the rough voice call out "Cripyak! What you want from Gorg?" Another goblin voice replys, "Cripyak dead! Invaders!"

Initiative Order:
Silara
Veit
Rei
Stiv
Goblin
Orc

Map
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/leafman343/2brevealt2.jpg

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-23, 11:49 PM
Without missing a beat, Silara steps over the dead goblin and charges it's companion, her blade flashing through the air.

Assuming I'm going again with the 24 to initiative:

Attack (Charge): [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

leafman
2013-03-24, 12:43 PM
Silara's charge fells the goblin in a single stroke.

:smallsigh: Why did that goblin have to have only 5 hp? I've still got an orc to throw at you, so at least we'll get a round 2.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-25, 06:24 PM
Viet takes a run action to move to the Right of the rubble with chain drawn, ready to act on any provocation (Read- waiting to Attack of Opportunity the orc if it comes our way.)

Chloroplasts
2013-04-04, 09:29 AM
Stiv moved into position and readied two arrows for his next action..
Move up three and right one, next to dead goblin

leafman
2013-04-04, 01:37 PM
The orc named Gorg steps out around the corner approaching Veit, ready to crush the dwarf.

Veit gets an attack of opportunity, if his trip attempt fails the orc will make it attack, if it succeeds the orc will attempt to stand up. Standing up will not provoke an AoO since Veit already performed one this round, blah blah blah, you get the point. :smalltongue:

Map update incoming upon completion of the orc's actions this turn

leafman
2013-04-12, 10:05 PM
The orc steps closer to Veit, swinging its morningstar at him.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-04-19, 02:38 PM
With the orc occupied with Veit, Silara takes the opportunity to step over the dead goblin and move to the orc's back side. Winding up, Silara brings her sword down in an overhead swing at the thug's head.

Silara moves Southeast 1, South 2, and Southwest 2 to end up 1 square below the Orc.

leafman
2013-04-21, 08:17 PM
Gorg takes a hasty swipe at Silara, missing as she moves past. Silara's attack barely misses the orc.

Gem_Knight
2013-04-30, 01:23 AM
Viet scowls as he brings back his chain, "Fowl smelling creature," he brings the chain forward in a trip attempt

Touch Attack with Chain: [roll0]
if touch hits opposed strength trip: [roll1]
if trip succeeds follow up melee attack: [roll2]
damage if hits: [roll3]

leafman
2013-05-01, 09:47 PM
Opposed Strength [roll0]