PDA

View Full Version : Creating Specific Undead

reapersoulEater
2013-03-07, 12:25 AM
Hello i just recently started playing Dnd 3.5 the character i play is the Necromancer (cleric )

anyhow my question is is their any specific way to create an undead such as entropic reaper? or a list somewhere or formula to create undead that are not specially listed on books.
also any ideas that sound acceptable and balance for creation of such creatures are greatly appreciated.
-charnel hound
-Entropic reaper
-Boneclaws
-

thanks for your time

(An example i found was = 200 medium bodies, create greater undead and 100,000gp of sticky vial liquid to create a Charnel hound

Silva Stormrage
2013-03-07, 01:15 AM
There is no RAW way to animate those undead or most undead really. Technically, the Shrouds of Unholy from this article http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x don't specify what undead they create, only that it is "Specified at item creation". So run that by your DM first if you want to, its clearly not intended though.

For the ritual aspect, do you want them to be animated like create undead and thus they aren't under your control? Or do you want them under your control? You may find that it is somewhat difficult to control a charnel hound with rebuke undead as it has Effective 21 HD for rebuking purposes.

ShurikVch
2013-03-07, 04:44 AM
Dunno about Entropic reaper
Boneclaws and charnel hound are created with a rituals.
Boneclaw

The rite calls for the skeletons of Large, magic-using, humanoid-shaped creature (such as ogre magi and certain types of hags). It infuses them with negative energy, strips them of most of their remaining flesh, and grafts additional bones to their body - mostly around the fingers. These additional bones must be cut from the flesh of living victims.
This rite requires the spells create undead (caster level 15+) and greater magic fang. Druidic magic is essential to the ritual, making boneclaws exceptionally rare even compared to other created undead.
Charnel Hound

The ritual requires 200 corpses, the spell create greater undead (caster level 20+), and unholy unguent worth 15000 gp (in addition to the standart components of the spell)

The Viscount
2013-03-07, 04:10 PM
What source are you using for the Rituals?

hamishspence
2013-03-07, 04:13 PM
Dragon Magazine's Birth of the Dead article I suspect- I remember boneclaws at least being in that.

reapersoulEater
2013-03-07, 05:51 PM
There is no RAW way to animate those undead or most undead really. Technically, the Shrouds of Unholy from this article http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x don't specify what undead they create, only that it is "Specified at item creation". So run that by your DM first if you want to, its clearly not intended though.

For the ritual aspect, do you want them to be animated like create undead and thus they aren't under your control? Or do you want them under your control? You may find that it is somewhat difficult to control a charnel hound with rebuke undead as it has Effective 21 HD for rebuking purposes.

i would be interested in creating monster through ritual or simply using a spell.

also if i was to create lets say a charnel hound i believes i t doesn't have an intelligence score so using command undead would be an instant control over it right?