PDA

View Full Version : OotS 879 comics in 2 days of awesome.

Oaktree0
2013-03-07, 10:03 AM
So just started from comic 1 two days ago and been reading pretty furiously throughout the whole comic. I've browsed the rpg forums on many an occasion but never really felt the urge to post til now. Laughs, tears, and many murders have filled my computer screen over the past couple of days and I have to say this comic rocks. While the siege of the Azure City was probably my favorite plot arc this current one is pretty sweet as well. Malak is probably my number two on the villain's list (only behind Xykon of course) as I love lizardfolk almost as much as I love liches.

Keep on cranking out an awesome comic from a newly found fan!

Dr. Gamera
2013-03-07, 11:03 AM
So just started from comic 1 two days ago and been reading pretty furiously throughout the whole comic.

Allow me to recommend some books that you are also likely to read "pretty furiously". See here:
http://www.ookoodook.com/store/comics_order-of-the-stick.shtml

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales will be completely new to you; there were only a limited number of copies printed; and it will never be reprinted. If you can buy exactly one right now, buy this one.

On the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness will also be completely new to you.

There is a significant amount of material that will be new to you in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools (including 18 bonus strips), No Cure for the Paladin Blues (including 14 bonus strips), War and XPs (including more than 15 bonus strips), and Don't Split the Party (including more than 15 bonus strips). But obviously the web comics are largely what you've already read.

deworde
2013-03-07, 11:07 AM
I also recommend the Author notes in the books. Rich's musings on Miko and the process of writing OotS are well worth it. And Scott Kurtz's foreword in the Paladin Blues is pretty awesome as well, if only because it's one of the many times Kurtz apologises for his personality flaws.

Oaktree0
2013-03-07, 11:14 AM
Ooooh! Yeah I think I'm going to order the Xykon backstory and the coloring book heh. Maybe the origin of the pc's later! :smallbiggrin:

Raphite1
2013-03-07, 11:50 AM
Start of Darkness (Xykon backstory) is absolutely amazing, possibly better than any of the story arcs that have appeared in the main comic.

On the Origin of PCs is fun and has some laughs, but it's not an epic storytelling event like Start of Darkness.