PDA

View Full Version : Tripping Weapon Enchantment

White_Drake
2013-03-07, 12:37 PM
In some splatbook, which I think may have been FR, there was a "tripping" weapon property. I know about sweeping, that's not it. My google-fu has failed me like never before; if I hadn't just read it somewhere I would doubt that it even exists. Anyway, this is a very protracted plea for help in finding it.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2013-03-07, 12:48 PM
Are you sure you didn't see the Faerun 'Sweeping' enhancement? Because that was rewritten in the MIC. But I will look for another 'tripping' enhancement none-the-less. Can you tell me what Faerun books you have so I can narrow my search.

White_Drake
2013-03-07, 01:03 PM
I don't own any FR books, or I would check myself. Sometimes you can ask the Playground about something, and you'll have an answer in seconds if you can remember the first letter. I was hoping this would be one of those times. I'm pretty sure it was called tripping. I do remember that it provided a +4 bonus rather than MIC's Sweeping's +2.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-07, 01:19 PM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870158/The_3.5_Weapon_Special_Abilities_thread

This is a huge list of near every enchantment. No tripping though.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2013-03-07, 01:24 PM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870158/The_3.5_Weapon_Special_Abilities_thread

This is a huge list of near every enchantment. No tripping though.

I had finished going through my Faerun books and went there as well. I also found no 'Tripping' enhancement.

White_Drake
2013-03-07, 01:35 PM
Perhaps I am crazy... Thanks for the help though.

Deophaun
2013-03-07, 02:19 PM
There's the living chain in the Miniature's handbook, which is a magic spiked chain that gives a +4 to trip attempts. That's the only other weapon I know of.

Vaz
2013-03-07, 05:54 PM
The Magic Item Compendium has the Sweeping Enchantment, which grants a +2 bonus.

There is a specific Quarterstaff, called the Staff of Mighty Sweeping in Magic of Faerun, a +2 Quarterstaff with Sweeping and granting the wielder improved trip. Only one side of the quarterstaff has the Enchantment Bonus and Ability, but provided you are wielding it, you have improved trip.

I used it in a build recently, on a Wu Jen.

Take the Staff of Mighty Sweeping, apply the Morphing, Sizing, and Skillful abilities to it. Use Wu Jen Giant Size. Congratulations, you now have a 3/4 BAB and automatic proficiency with +32 Strength, Colossal 150ft Square basis to becoming a chain tripper.