PDA

View Full Version : Eating goblin meat???

LeoLionxxx
2013-03-07, 06:00 PM
Hi, I am a relativly new DM running a D&D NEXT campaign with my freinds. Of couse, I am finding it a great experience and fun for all; my players keep me on my toes and of couse quick thinking is required where I don't anticipate the player's actions.

Which is why I would like little advice: The modual I wrote has the players currently in a dungeon with hords of goblins. Now, my players like to pinch their copper and seem to think eating their rations would be a real waste. Thus, they have been planning to eat goblin meat when their charecters need to eat.

What should I do when/if my players do decide to try cooking and eating goblins? I would like to discourage this but can see no real reason why they couldn't eat them is it's cooked well enough. What should I do?

Rorrik
2013-03-07, 06:22 PM
They could get mad goblin disease?

In all seriousness, though, if you really want to avoid this situation you could have the deity(s) of the religious member(s) declare goblin flesh unclean for eating.

Frankly, if you have no qualms about eating humanoids (one step from cannibalism), and the meat is not infected in any way, this may actually be prudent in character. Who knows how long you'll be down there and your rations will keep.

Crazyfailure13
2013-03-07, 06:23 PM
Ummm... Make it taste like evil?:smallconfused:(Evil tastes like pink by the way)

or goblins do live in bad conditions in most settings, so if your's is one of these, have the meat be riddled with disease, Yellow fever, icky black lung sickness, mad cow disease, etc.

But really unless you want to make up a reason and there is none you could exploit, let them have goblin jerky, and tell them it tastes like chicken:smalltongue:

Ashtagon
2013-03-07, 06:33 PM
Goblin meat is perfectly edible, if you can get past the fact that it tastes like durian fruit.

The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as pleasantly fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine, raw sewage, and gym socks. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.

holywhippet
2013-03-07, 06:34 PM
Have them make a CON save or else turn into a weregoblin.

Ok, seriously now, goblins have Gods I believe so if the party start eating goblin meat then their patron God will be out for revenge. Have the party jumped by a literal small army of goblins out for revenge. Unless the party is really high level getting jumped by 50 or more goblins should be near unwinnable since with that many attack rolls against them there would be a number of critical hits every round.

Best case scenario (for the party) the goblins take them prisoner and their god bestows a geas forcing them to retrieve some item for the goblins - or else.

J-H
2013-03-07, 06:48 PM
Goblin meat is perfectly edible, if you can get past the fact that it tastes like durian fruit.

Awesome bit of trivia, thank you.

Rorrik
2013-03-07, 07:00 PM

I will say this though: freeze the durian, and it tastes almost like banana yogurt, and the smell is greatly reduced.

It is also massive and spiky all over. The Malaysian version of Newton never stood a chance.

Guizonde
2013-03-07, 07:11 PM

based on this, make the pc's who try goblin meat flip a coin.

heads, they love it.
tails, omgrevolting-i'm-gonna-die-of-goblin-rear-end-cancer!

let's call it an acquired taste :smallbiggrin:

then again, if they're real penny pinchers, they'll know that hunger is the best spice :smallwink:

Thajocoth
2013-03-07, 07:19 PM
I see no problem with them eating any humanoids.

Hylas
2013-03-07, 07:37 PM
I have eating any humanoid with a soul the same thing as cannibalism. Thus eating goblins would be an evil act.

Slipperychicken
2013-03-07, 07:51 PM
Well, in 3.5 at least, that's Murder, and an Evil Act.

TheCountAlucard
2013-03-07, 07:52 PM
You can do it in NetHack; IIRC, you really only get in trouble for eating humanoids if they're the same race (and even then, not if you're a caveman).

Gnomish Wanderer
2013-03-07, 07:56 PM
I would be highly opposed to my players killing goblins for the purpose of eating them. If my players begin to resort to that I'd probably make goblin flesh addictive, make them crave it more and more as they start getting sicker and sicker. Serves them right.

If they were eating it pragmatically, I'd just make there a risk of disease, (in 3.5, like a DC12 Fort save or take Temp Con Damage daily until they pass the save, per goblin).

mrzomby
2013-03-07, 08:26 PM
Ask for 4 fortitude saves per day, from player(the same thing I'd do if players in d20 modern wanted to save money by eating pigeons/sea gulls/rats).

LibraryOgre
2013-03-07, 09:07 PM
So, it didn't occur to them to eat whatever the goblins are eating, instead of the goblins themselves?

However, per the Hacklopedia of Beasts,

Goblin blood or meat has a 75% chance of transmitting disease (usually "The Shakes"). Most people are wise enough to avoid it. Orcs and ogres are immune to these effects and are reputed to enjoy the taste well enough, partaking when no better food is available.

Alternatively, turn them into ghouls. Or, for real fun, you can always convert this guy...

http://loganfiles.com/Characters/Wendigo.jpg

Asmodai
2013-03-07, 09:24 PM
Nonsense! I can vouch for the goblin meat to have a slight lavender taste. They can wiggle a bit in your mouth, but you should just chew harder if they do.

Kitten Champion
2013-03-07, 09:35 PM
I mostly recall Goblins from Pathfinder, so I might be overgeneralizing, but Goblins have very little meat on them. Having a fast metabolism, a carnivorous diet, hard skin, and being relatively tiny all makes them poor targets for nutritional purposes. Especially if you've got to go through the effort of preparing and cooking them without being poisoned or infected every meal time. The amount of meat, that is to say energy earned, is not going to be equivalent to the needs of a dungeon-delving adventurer. Sure you can live off rats - even gamy ones - but how well?

That and there's the possibility that the smell of roasting goblin flesh could attract uncomfortable attention from their surroundings, creating more problems than it solves. After all, most things which normally eat Goblins would be roughly in the proximity.

So you can make their lives awful when they do.

If they want to save their resources the smarter, less disconcerting - and I suppose some would say more ethical - route would be to eat the grubs that are undoubtedly near any available water source the Goblins would have been using, or use magic logically to solve their dietary problems indefinitely.

holywhippet
2013-03-07, 09:48 PM
Alternatively, turn them into ghouls. Or, for real fun, you can always convert this guy...

http://loganfiles.com/Characters/Wendigo.jpg

Oh dear God no. Unless you made it utterly immune to all mind control you'd have players deliberately changing into it and having a spell caster dominate their mind to make them into a PC.

Thajocoth
2013-03-07, 09:50 PM
I was assuming they were eating their fallen foes... That is, Goblins who attacked them. I see no evil in doing that. If they go Goblin hunting, however... That's another story.

Rorrik
2013-03-07, 10:09 PM
So, it didn't occur to them to eat whatever the goblins are eating, instead of the goblins themselves?

When I first saw the title, I thought this is what it was about. It conjured images of the maggoty bread and rancid mead Frodo and Sam find in the Orc guard post on their way across Mordor. Wouldn't recommend eating that either.

Guizonde
2013-03-07, 10:36 PM
wait, aren't goblins fungi?

[/40k]

Kadzar
2013-03-07, 10:49 PM
Only if your PCs are elves, in which case they are morally obligated to do so.
[/Dwarf Fortress]

Ozfer
2013-03-07, 11:05 PM
Hehe. Those silly elves. I feel morally obligated to drown them in water contaminated with FB dust. I'll cut down as many trees as I want to.

Anyway, back on topic. I basically agree with Thajacoth. Goblin hunting is when it goes too far. Eating the flesh of their fallen foes is disgusting and not really socially acceptable, but not really evil (Like elves).

TheCountAlucard
2013-03-07, 11:21 PM
Goblins? They're fine - just don't eat any kobolds…
[/NetHack]

Guizonde
2013-03-07, 11:32 PM
Hehe. Those silly elves. I feel morally obligated to drown them in water contaminated with FB dust. I'll cut down as many trees as I want to.

Anyway, back on topic. I basically agree with Thajacoth. Goblin hunting is when it goes too far. Eating the flesh of their fallen foes is disgusting and not really socially acceptable, but not really evil (Like elves).

+1 for the elves.

honestly, social acceptability goes out the window when necessity calls. in that case, it'd be neutral, pure and simple. live or die.

however, in this scenario, it's because they're penny pinchers. they have rations packed (if i read correctly), they're just trying to save a buck.
seriously. who gives a care about the cost of rations?! my dwarven cleric of pelor has managed to buy a fine quality meal with accompanying wine for 3 with all of 8 silver(which, incidentally, was 1/3rd his total money)! rations are like 1 gp for a week if we're going with top of the line balanced diet. it's like 5cp for hardtack per day.

Rhynn
2013-03-07, 11:51 PM
Yeah, this is bad all over...

First, I too would say eating sentients is cannibalism is evil. There's a reason all the humanoids that do it regularly are evil. Indeed, if gods are real in your setting, cannibalism is probably a curse-worthy taboo for most of them.

Also, yeah, the Shakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_%28disease%29). Eat sentients, get sick. Also, one classic origin for ghouls is humans who became cannibals.

And, yes, goblins are scrawny. There's not a lot of good meat on humans (whether Crusader accounts of the slaughter of civilians in the Crusades or a modern nutjob in Germany, they always focus on the ass meat), and goblins weigh something like 1/2 - 1/3 what humans do. That is assuming goblin meat isn't practically inedible.

You can let the PCs do it once, then start noticing creepy symptoms in themselves (that lead to nothing, unless they do it again) and maybe some subtle divine warnings. If they do it again, pull out the stops...

Dewani90
2013-03-08, 12:08 AM
well, as long as they don't plan to use the skull as a bowl to eat nachos with extra crunchy sauce, but yeah, saving a penny on rations by eating the meat of a poor almost skelletal being who is hard to cook, has almost no meat and can have enough diseases to down the most healthy being is not exactly a good idea, they could get out of the cave/dungeon sometimes and go hunt a doe(yush, let's kill bambi mom again) or a falcon (unless you closed the gate till the adventure is over), bear meat is also very nutritive, some snakes, bunnies, fish are also edible, they could live of the hunt, after all, what you get on a restaurant on medieval times, roasted venison with a side of boar in a stick and cheap mead?

Jenfrag
2013-03-08, 12:15 AM
Ummm... Make it taste like evil?(Evil tastes like pink by the way)

Why it sounded like you don't like the color pink?? Ha ha!

Fayd
2013-03-08, 12:43 AM
In my DM's setting, goblins were bred by the fae to be foot soldiers and field rations for their armies. They have a flavor described as "zesty." They also barely have any intelligence to speak of and often eat their own if left to their own devices. It requires hobgoblins to not have things fall apart. Their paragons, alternatively called bugbears or demigobs, are more siege weapon than soldier.

LeoLionxxx
2013-03-08, 01:55 AM
Thanks everyone, got some great ideas for you all.

I belive what i'll do is upright tell them that there doesn't look to be a lot of meat on the goblins. If they then proceed to cook multiples (to get a good amount of meat) i'll have 50% chance of each person liking it or not. Those that do like it perhaps will crave more, and if they indulge their urges i'll throw some health problem their way.

kieza
2013-03-08, 03:03 AM
In my setting...I guess they could live off of it, but they'd be in near-constant intestinal distress.

The setting's goblins, orcs and ogres have massively different biochemistry from other demihumans, which (among other things) means there's a mild biochemical barrier between the two groups: they don't suffer from the same diseases, they can't give blood to or receive it from each other, and there are certain foods that only one group can eat. Actually trying to eat a goblin (assuming you aren't an orc, ogre, or other goblin) is going to cause massive digestive issues at best, and at worst it will cause a potentially fatal allergic reaction--but you won't starve.

Jack of Spades
2013-03-08, 07:25 AM
wait, aren't goblins fungi?

[/40k]

AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS GOBLINS, YA STINKIN' GROT! GET BACK TA WORK!

[/nitpick]

I'd call it cannibalism, make it an evil act, give them a Fort save to resist disease, say there's next to no meat, say the meat isn't very nourishing, and give them worms for good measure. You have to learn them players early about loopholes.

I'm not even sure what level of sarcasm I'm employing any more.

Synovia
2013-03-08, 08:32 AM
Cannibalism is a specific term. It means eating your own species. It has nothing to do with sentience. Rats are cannibalistic.

Also, I don't see why eating a god's followers would anger that god anymore than killing said followers. Pelor doesn't go chasing down ever tiger, does he?

If this is what the party wants to be, let them. Maybe start giving them some prion type diseases later on if they keep doing it.

Rorrik
2013-03-08, 08:56 AM
In my setting...I guess they could live off of it, but they'd be in near-constant intestinal distress.

The setting's goblins, orcs and ogres have massively different biochemistry from other demihumans, which (among other things) means there's a mild biochemical barrier between the two groups: they don't suffer from the same diseases, they can't give blood to or receive it from each other, and there are certain foods that only one group can eat. Actually trying to eat a goblin (assuming you aren't an orc, ogre, or other goblin) is going to cause massive digestive issues at best, and at worst it will cause a potentially fatal allergic reaction--but you won't starve.

Is there something I'm missing that would cause an orc that can't give blood to you to cause digestive issues any more than a cabbage or cow that can't give blood to you? Maybe if you're saying the orc is not carbon based, then it wouldn't have much nutritional value.

As far as cooking multiple goblins to get the meat, make sure it takes a long time, have the scent attract scores of enraged goblins while they spend hours cooking up half a dozen of them. Even if the goblins don't arrive all at once, they'll deal damage and use up spells over the course of the roasting.

Surfnerd
2013-03-08, 09:02 AM
I couldn't even imagine how filthy and disgusting they would be. You'd have to skin them or clean them before butchering. Besides all the suggestions of the meat itself being contaminated, there exists a high possibility that you'd contaminate the goblin meat while preparing it.

I'd go the disease route and throw some kind of survival check in there also while preparing it if they fail I'd up the DC on the disease check.

Then there is always throwing a few baby goblins in there, ramp up the cute level, just below baby ewoks(okay maybe not that high). If the players eat them or it doesn't change their behavior and they continue their goblin eating savage ways I'd just ramp up the DC on those disease and add a few more.

Then when they finally leave their dungeon/refrigerator have them return to the world ill and shaking and normal food causes them to go into convulsions and get sick. They crave the meat of the goblin, if they are low enough level and cheap as you say they won't bother trying to cure it with magic. Let them travel about in search of goblin meat, maybe throw in a settlement were goblins have been used as domesticated help. Looked after and used in a meaningful way to society. Don't worry your players will see it as slavery and free the goblins, maybe to eat them. Slap them in irons for being depraved wierdos..... basically rake them thru the coals for being immoral wack a dos.

Synovia
2013-03-08, 09:22 AM
This all sounds like "killer DMing" to me. The PCs came up with a clever solution to a problem, and you're trying to punish them for it because it doesn't fit your view of how the problem was supposed to be solved.

Surfnerd
2013-03-08, 09:31 AM
I will own that. Killer DMing. There are clever solutions and then there is this idea, which isn't even a solution to anything except a made up problem, unless being super cheap is somehow a problem. They have rations, they are choosing to be cheap and in my opinion in an evil way.

It may not be cannabilism, but its still eating a semi-sentient species of humanoid. I'd wonder at my players if they decided to eat anthropomorphic cow people. Sure they taste like cows and kinda look like cows..... but come on, they philosophize on the nature of the universe!!!

Driderman
2013-03-08, 09:34 AM
I'd let them do it and simply take care to describe how gross the meat is, etc. etc, but leave the decisions up to them. Then again, maybe it's the best food they've ever had.

If they make habit of it, I'd start to think up long-term repercussions of eating other sentients, even if they do cook them first. I don't think I can think of any setting where eating other intelligent humanoids is brushed off as "a-okay" and I certainly wouldn't miss a story hook like this, but it's all the eye of the beholder.
To me though, saying "we eat the goblin/elf/any other intelligent humanoid!" isn't really that much different than saying "we eat the white/black/asian guy/whatever!".

Rhynn
2013-03-08, 10:04 AM
Those that do like it perhaps will crave more, and if they indulge their urges i'll throw some health problem their way.

Oh my Vecna, that's the best idea.

"We want to eat some goblins!"
"Okay. You kinda want more... you kinda really want more."

If the players don't back off the idea right then and there, they've never played with a DM evil enough.

Cannibalism is a specific term. It means eating your own species. It has nothing to do with sentience. Rats are cannibalistic.

But we have no word for "eating intelligent, sentient, talking creatures with society" (other than cannibalism, by way of the accident that only one species on Earth qualifies), so it's a good enough word.

Any ethics or morals that judge cannibalism to be wrong would judge humans eating elves, dwarves, goblins, and orcs (and pegasi and dragons, probably) to be wrong.

And technically, D&D has intelligent races, not species - they're even capable of interbreeding and producting fertile offspring. :smallwink: (Except that whole Mul logic fiasco.)

Also, I don't see why eating a god's followers would anger that god anymore than killing said followers. Pelor doesn't go chasing down ever tiger, does he?

Well, I at least meant the gods the player characters follow taking offense. Heck, in most fantasy worlds (not of my own creation) I play with, they explicitly would. "Taboo" and all.

This all sounds like "killer DMing" to me. The PCs came up with a clever solution to a problem, and you're trying to punish them for it because it doesn't fit your view of how the problem was supposed to be solved.

The problem of not wanting to pay chump change for rations? The OP didn't say they were starving, he said they were pinching coppers.

TheCountAlucard
2013-03-08, 10:47 AM
But we have no word for "eating intelligent, sentient, talking creatures with society"...Anthropophagy. :smallsigh:

Synovia
2013-03-08, 11:04 AM
Anthropophagy. :smallsigh:

This.

If "cannibal" means one who eats sentient beings, than a tiger is a cannibal. As is a vulture.

Again, I'm failing to see anything "evil" about eating all this edible meat thats lying around.

I could see a cleric of a specific faith seeing it as a desecration of the dead. I could see a necromancer seeing it as a destruction of property/tools/etc. I could see a character getting upset about it.

I could see it being taboo.

But there's absolutely no way it comes off as "evil" to me. The goblins are already dead. Nobody is being harmed.

Any ethics or morals that judge cannibalism to be wrong would judge humans eating elves, dwarves, goblins, and orcs (and pegasi and dragons, probably) to be wrong.

This is wrong on a million different levels. The actual cannibalistic societies we have on earth NOW view eating your own dead as very different than eating someone elses dead.

The Khorowhai eat anyone convicted of being a witch doctor. They don't eat outsiders.

In many cultures, enemy warriors are eaten to gain their strength. In most of these societies, eating your own is seen as wrong.

Almost every culture on earth, in every facet of life, has different rules for "us" and "them". Its a fundamentally human thing to think that way. Its probably not a GOOD thing, but its human.

Rhynn
2013-03-08, 11:43 AM
Anthropophagy. :smallsigh:

This.

... that means "eating humans."

Edit: I guess "anthropodphagy" might work, even if it's pseudo-Greek. But given that "cannibalism" is not derived from "eat" or "human"...

kieza
2013-03-08, 11:53 AM
Is there something I'm missing that would cause an orc that can't give blood to you to cause digestive issues any more than a cabbage or cow that can't give blood to you? Maybe if you're saying the orc is not carbon based, then it wouldn't have much nutritional value.

The blood incompatibility is a symptom, not the cause, of the biochemical barriers--I just mentioned it to illustrate the difference between goblins and other demihumans. Two of the essential amino acids in goblin/orc/ogre biology are mildly toxic to the other branch of demihumans, and three others aren't toxic but are nondigestible (they pass right through the digestive system...not pretty).

Rorrik
2013-03-08, 12:02 PM
The blood incompatibility is a symptom, not the cause, of the biochemical barriers--I just mentioned it to illustrate the difference between goblins and other demihumans. Two of the essential amino acids in goblin/orc/ogre biology are mildly toxic to the other branch of demihumans, and three others aren't toxic but are nondigestible (they pass right through the digestive system...not pretty).

There you go, still carbon based, different amino acid types. That explains it nicely. I am duly satisfied. :smallwink:

Guizonde
2013-03-08, 12:04 PM
This.
In many cultures, enemy warriors are eaten to gain their strength. In most of these societies, eating your own is seen as wrong.

i know you didn't intend to infer this point, but seeing the above, it's a really bad idea to eat goblin, don't you think?
[/exit, stage left]

Synovia
2013-03-08, 12:40 PM
i know you didn't intend to infer this point, but seeing the above, it's a really bad idea to eat goblin, don't you think?
[/exit, stage left]

I didn't say its a good idea. I just said there's no reason to go out of your way to punish the players for it.

Mr. Mask
2013-03-08, 01:04 PM
I think a lot of people would consider eating all kinds of things, under necessity (especially if they hallucinate them as giant food). There is, however, doubt that they would go through with it.

Of course, having some bad dreams and feeling generally sickened with yourself doesn't necessarily make for an interesting time. Instead, maybe you should throw some goblin ghosts at them? You can even quote those guys from The Sorrow boss fight of MGS3 (the ones with the vultures), if anyone would get the reference.

Ashtagon
2013-03-08, 02:06 PM
... that means "eating humans."

Edit: I guess "anthropodphagy" might work, even if it's pseudo-Greek. But given that "cannibalism" is not derived from "eat" or "human"...

I think anthropoidophagy is the word you're looking for.

LeoLionxxx
2013-03-08, 02:41 PM
I think a lot of people would consider eating all kinds of things, under necessity (especially if they hallucinate them as giant food). There is, however, doubt that they would go through with it.

Of course, having some bad dreams and feeling generally sickened with yourself doesn't necessarily make for an interesting time. Instead, maybe you should throw some goblin ghosts at them? You can even quote those guys from The Sorrow boss fight of MGS3 (the ones with the vultures), if anyone would get the reference.

okay, I really like this idea. Eating your body would be an awsome reason for coming back as a ghost (well okay, not awsome but you know what I mean)

JellyPooga
2013-03-08, 03:14 PM
Personally, I wouldn't make that big of a deal out of it, on the proviso that it did not become a common occurence. Fort checks vs. disease and such would only be appropriate if no-one in the group has any ranks in Survival.

If the group made a habit of eating whatever sentient monsters they were killing, whether it be Goblin, Orc or Elf, then I would have Doresein, King of the Ghouls, take an active interest in them. Have him send Ghoul emissaries on a regular basis. If they manage to avoid the Ghoul Fever, then just have the next PC who dies spontaneously rise as a Ghoul the next new moon.

Mr. Mask
2013-03-08, 03:28 PM
okay, I really like this idea. Eating your body would be an awsome reason for coming back as a ghost (well okay, not awsome but you know what I mean) Glad I could be of service.

Before you have an actual encounter with the ghosts, you might want to have them play tricks on the players. Give them nightmares, displace their equipment, slam doors behind them, all that good stuff.

You could even have an option for the players to perform some boon for the goblin ghosts instead of fighting them (like burying the bones the players left scattered around).

Be prepared though: Someone might point out that goblins probably eat their slain enemies. The goblins of this particular tribe mightn't, of course--or maybe they just hate that the players didn't have the decency to bury their bones? Or, maybe they're hypocritical jerks? You decide.

Kadzar
2013-03-08, 03:32 PM
There's a big difference between punishing players for not picking the "right" solution to a challenge and enforcing logical consequences for players doing something suicidally stupid for very poor reasons. I'd probably recommend asking if they really want to do it before heaping on consequences, or, even saying, "Guys, I just want to warn you now that this is a really bad idea." But, if they really want to go through with it, there's no reason not to make it an interesting experience.

Synovia
2013-03-08, 04:28 PM
There's a big difference between punishing players for not picking the "right" solution to a challenge and enforcing logical consequences for players doing something suicidally stupid for very poor reasons. I'd probably recommend asking if they really want to do it before heaping on consequences, or, even saying, "Guys, I just want to warn you now that this is a really bad idea." But, if they really want to go through with it, there's no reason not to make it an interesting experience.
Except there's absolutely nothing "suicidally stupid" about eating your enemies.

There's absolutely no reason this is EVEN A BAD IDEA. Consistently eating your own species is a bad idea, but prion diseases aren't quick, usually take tons of flesh being eaten over a long period to get infected, and take years and years to take affect. 99% of adventurers would be dead before any prion diseases would kick in.

IE, there's no reason this is stupid. Its a clever solution to trying to avoid going through resources.

That being said, having Dorsain take an interest in them is a great idea.

Thajocoth
2013-03-08, 04:59 PM
Except there's absolutely nothing "suicidally stupid" about eating your enemies.

There's absolutely no reason this is EVEN A BAD IDEA. Consistently eating your own species is a bad idea, but prion diseases aren't quick, usually take tons of flesh being eaten over a long period to get infected, and take years and years to take affect. 99% of adventurers would be dead before any prion diseases would kick in.

IE, there's no reason this is stupid. Its a clever solution to trying to avoid going through resources.

That being said, having Dorsain take an interest in them is a great idea.

I agree, and will add that when eating one's own species, avoiding the brain GREATLY reduces chances of prion disease... Avoiding sciatic nerve helps some too.

Rhynn
2013-03-09, 03:37 AM
I think anthropoidophagy is the word you're looking for.

I'll take your word for it. It's all Greek to me. :smallfrown: