PDA

View Full Version : Enveloping Pit Base

Miriad
2013-03-07, 07:43 PM
I recently aquired an enveloping pit with my construct artificer and I am thinking of how to turn it into my work bench, resting place, forge, lab, library, etc. These are the measurements:

10'x10'x50' (It is 50 feet deep)

I thought of making 5 different floors 10 feet high each.

I bought a Wind Pipe and a Bottle of Air. So that should cover the "lack of oxygen" problem. Any other ideas? I cant make my mind about the 1st floor. Should it be a friendly lobby or actually an anti theft mechanism?

I plan on crafting here while my party sleeps. But I am woried about interrupting their sleep with the noise. So I am not sure if I wanna connect all floors with stairs or use some other mechanism to move from one to the other (burrow maybe?)

Eric Scott
2013-03-07, 08:08 PM
Use the first layer as defense, coat it in Spell Turrets from DMG II.

Miriad
2013-03-07, 08:39 PM
That is a good idea. Any good spell rotations for it? Does it keep firing non stop?

Eric Scott
2013-03-07, 08:51 PM
A summoning spell followed by buffs to the summon are always good.

It only fires for 4 rounds (casting the 4 spells that are in it) then it spends a round attempting to fix it's self, and then it repeats from the firing... unless there is no target, then it hides itself.

Miriad
2013-03-08, 11:29 AM
I was thinking of using cloudkill or something of the sort to try to "flush" intruders out. It is only 10x10x50after all. Maybe I could flood it.

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-08, 03:32 PM
Summon undead X, stinking cloud, Hold person (mass), Summon undead X.

You and the summoned undead are immune to all the AOE.

Fyermind
2013-03-08, 03:36 PM
The bottom floor is another good place for spell turrets. If you can get remove curse, some form of restoration, some form of healing, and another debuff remover (maybe a repair spell for items and constructs) you can use it in place of a cleric.

Eric Scott
2013-03-08, 05:29 PM
The real problem with spell turrets is that they have to use 4 spells, each being different and I believe also from different schools (I am currently AFB).