PDA

View Full Version : Cryokineticist and 'Power Emanation'

Yllarius
2013-03-07, 09:17 PM
In a particularly slow-moving campaign i'm in, I'm currently playing a mage I plan on moving into Spell-Sovereign. (From Dragon Magazine #357)

Now my knowledge of Psionics is limited but i'm definitely interested in the class as the Wizard/Spell-Sovereign will be cold-based. (He was blinded by fire when he was young.) And I'm thinking of taking a living spell familiar that's cold and wrapping it around him for most combat scenarios in order to keep him cold for some of the better frost-burn feats. At least until he gets Lower Temperature.

My question, really, is this. Is there a way to get the ability to manifest 'Power Emanation' from a non-psionic class source? I really don't wanna dip into Psionic much if at all. Since it'll be level 5 before I can even get into Spell Sovereign....

Yllarius
2013-03-07, 11:25 PM
I've decided to discuss with my DM about (At a higher level) swaping Abrupt Jaunt for Cold Walk, as it's the main-draw of the class for me. (Because it's freaking cool!!)

It would remove my ability to avoid attacks altogether, and give me a cool ability to boot, without being over-powered.

Although I suppose at a higher-level I could just buy a pair of boots like that, but where's the fun in that?

Psyren
2013-03-08, 01:47 AM
"Power Emanation?" Never heard of it, do you mean Energy Emanation?

I'm sure there's a spell somewhere that does something similar to this (radiating short-range cold damage from you every round.) Though I'm not sure what this has to do with Cryokineticist. Also, have you seen the Frost Mage PrC in the same book?