PDA

View Full Version : Fiends in our Midst [Pathfinder INC]

Croverus
2013-03-08, 12:27 AM
The smell of blood and brimstone assails your nostrils as you stand around the table of the dimly lit war room. At the head of the table is the commander of the special task forces. Bristling with terrible spines and a crown of deadly horns, this leering winged terror wields a whirling barbed chain. His name is Xaphrixis, and he has made sure to get the best soldiers for the missions. He does not accept weakness, mercy, or failure on the parts of his underlings, and has a preference for giving out the missions personally. He folds his arms and looks at your assembled team, nodding before he speaks.

"Your mission has been selected as a target best suited to being handled with your skills. You will be infiltrating a human stronghold called Bitterhold. It's situated on the highest point of a hill, surrounded by a quint town. We can get you to the gates of the town and from there you are on your own. Their scouts spotted the infernal army that is marching through the dessert towards their location, and will be sending out riders to the nearest cities by dawn.

Your group will have 3 main goals that you must accomplish for this mission to be considered a success. First, you must find some way to disable their message of warning. I do not care how you do it. Second, a weak point needs to be made in their outer wall to allow the army to shatter through, as well as some way for the army to break into the stronghold. Preferably something not too obvious. And lastly we need you to slay the Knight-Commander that will be leading their defenses, as well as her second and the Duke that runs the town. He may be in the the stronghold or may be in his own house.

Accomplish those three goals and you will be rewarded. Any extra steps you take to weaken their defenses our otherwise spread about a bit of chaos will do nicely. This campaign is to impress Asmodeus so that he may favor the STF over the regular armies. It'd be nice if we were better funded. Now, are there any questions before we gate you there?"

@All players:
Make any rolls in the OOC.

THEChanger
2013-03-08, 01:04 AM
The heavily armored tiefling approached the table, heavy axe hanging lazily off his belt. Nodding his head in respect to his commander, Marcus chose not to waste any words. "Do we know the number of riders, and the state of terrain surrounding Bitterhold?"

Croverus
2013-03-08, 01:08 AM
"The army is approaching through dessert and blasted wasteland until they get within 10 miles of the city walls, at which point the terrain becomes hilly with a few outlying farms. That is to the south west of the city. The east they have roads leading into the mountains, the north the roads pass by a lake heading for a vast forest. The terrain immediately around their wall as is mostly farms. There are at least 4 messengers we are aware of, though there may be more, or there could even be decoys. We do know they will leave at dawn on horseback."

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 01:19 AM
Charon Strider steps forth and kneels in obedience. His face is hidden behind a mask. His black eyes are the only things visible. He was recommended by Blademaster Dante himself to perform this mission. He already knew what was expected of him.
"I know my mission. As a servant of Asmodeus I will complete it without question. If we should succeed, is there any further orders we should commit to."
The commander mentioned no evacuation plans. They were not expected to succeed. Charon could only prove them wrong. The Shadow Court has never failed Asmodeus. Charon's mere presence in this team ensured success.

Croverus
2013-03-08, 01:34 AM
"Should all goal be achieved you are to do what you deem effective in sabotaging the human scum. You will all be given a gem ring before departure that will track the souls to kill. Some are worth more than others, but you can use the souls you gather to barter should you make it back. Getting out of the town is on you. And should you still be within the town walls when the army begins the siege, they will not delay for your sake."

Sinpoder
2013-03-08, 02:45 AM
In that room, sitting at the same table as everyone else was a member of the Devil Royal line, more specifically the line of Asmodeus, though it was not something that was commonly known. The man was sitting there, his body covered in a cloak and he had been sitting there for alittle while, but he was not sure how many people could have seen him. He was not even sure if the Chain Devil that was there saw him walk into the room.

CRUNCH

That would give away any place that he had now, as he would be sitting there in the room as he pulled out a shiny green apple and started to eat it. The most surprising thing about this teifling is that he looked nothing like his brothers, as everything about him was completely and totally human looking, down to the very texture of his skin. His black hair, that went down to his shoulders, did not cover up the demonic eyes that filled the human's eye sockets. This was the only give away to his true identity as a tiefling, and he didn't seem to care as he ate the apple loudly.

Alexander would then say simply " If you are willing, you can supply me with some Death Reaver Powder... I can poison the cities drinking supply, assuming they use wells like most cities... If that is the case then most of the people should drop like flies really quickly and it is a cheap poison so I think it could work if you wanted to cause some chaos and take care of some of the men. " Alex would take another bite of his apple as he would know that if this worked, most of the people in this city would not survive this simple act, and he was stealthy enough that he could get to the wells to do it without any problems.

Croverus
2013-03-08, 03:42 AM
"Any supplies you do not already have with you, you can check with Themeghast before you depart, he has a shop. Normally he traffics in souls but he'll accept mortal coin as well. He will be giving you your rings anyhow. Now then, time is short. Head out the back door and speak to Themeghast, then once you have your ring and whatever other supplies you need go over to the ritual circle so we can send you to just outside the city walls."

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 04:00 AM
CRUNCH

The human looking tiefling startled Charon. The mere fact he looked like a dirty human made Charon reach for one of his hidden blades. He realised quickly that it wasn't an enemy. He felt foolish he had failed to notice the tiefling. He opened his bag and grabbed a pair of magical lenses. He gently popped them in. Charon felt dizzy. It would take a minute to get used to the lenses.
"The only man who ever snuck up on me was Blademaster Dante. He was the leader of my group. You are extremely skilled. Do you have a name I may call you by? I go by the title, Charon."
Charon simply bowed and offered out a hand of friendship. Charon wondered who trained this new face.

Airanath
2013-03-08, 05:01 AM
The tatooed tiefling stays silent most of the time, hearing the instructions, when Alexander finally appears and asks about obtaining poison he gives a smile of satisfaction, it seems this team is a good one to work with.
"Sadly we were only informed of this now, or I would have personally brewed the poison, indeed, your choice is an efficient one Silent One, as always. Too efficient, I would almost miss the pain and writhing agony caused by Hemloch, it causes horrible muscle cramps, and eventuallys chokes the victim to death, as they can't even breath, its a beuty to watch, albeit, more expensive. Would love to see what happens if we mix both in their water supplies..."
He wanders off for a moment at the tought.
"Do we have any plans on the city layout already available? Or at least, for the army quarters? Might be hard to procure enough poison to take care of a city in such short notice, but we could probably poison all their defenders, leaving only layman and unprepared militia alive, souls filled with despair are usually more flavorful in my opinion. As for get in and out and opening a path for the invasion... does the city have sewers? We could lock the gates in a more permanent way and use it as our route in and out, as well as the invasion path..."
He pauses and looks at the other tiefling in the table, the one wearing wizardry robes.
"Yes Angel, I'll open the link." He then turns to the others, "Gentleman, if you would lower your mental barriers for a moment, stabilish a telepathic channel among us, its nothing harmful, just saves the trouble of speaking, you might enjoy it Charron, I know for a fact that the Silent one appreciates the ease to mark targets with it, without risking being overheard. My research partner over there has grown fond of communicating through it in lieu of less... refined methods."

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 06:15 AM
Charon's mental barriers were instinctive. It was part of the indoctrination. His had an uncomfortable edge. He knew Dusa from past jobs. He had never partake in his talents before. He was almost loathed the idea.
"If I let you in can you read my thoughts. If it would make me a more effective servant, I would willingly submit."
The Shadow Court had so many secrets. The fact Charon could see someone's soul and devour it as they died was the biggest. Not only that, but he would let four others in his head.
"I am quite skilled at crafting poisons. It is a talent that I devote a lot of time to. If am given time and components, I could craft enough poison to do the job."

Airanath
2013-03-08, 07:25 AM
"Reading minds is another trick alltogether, and does not require a link like this, it uses different brain pathways, it links straight to the memory pathways, and searchs for the information within. This connection uses the communication pathways, similar to an archdevil's telepathy, but allows the projection of willing toughts between those linked in both directions. Its both a weaker and a more sophisticated method at once, for where it lacks in power, it has the subtlety of keeping the communication only between the members of said link. Rest assured, your secrets shall remain your own, unless you think them "aloud" on your own, but any trained to keep a mind barrier, know how to restrict their toughts to what matters." he explains in a matter of fact tone, trying to calm the others, and ensure the link works, he refrains from saying other things the link allows for now, as its unnecessary to share all his secrets.

KaiserSozay
2013-03-08, 07:41 AM
The four armed Teifling sitting in the corner decided to speak up, having observed the other members of the infiltration party to his satisfaction.
"I am Marek, it is... Nice to have others on this mission. If it interests you poisoner I too have no small skill in poison making and can probably make your poison quickly and cheaply, two people are better then one, providing you have the coin or ingredients, I won't charge you for the service itself this time as a sign of... good faith."
Having said his part Marek lowers his mental barriers and nods in the direction of the Psionic.

Croverus
2013-03-08, 07:42 AM
"The only plans one of our spies was able to send us was of the town proper, mainly the different distract and major streets, as well as markings for where the main gate and the secondary gates are. A small sewer system but it does not lead out of the city. Your group will be arriving at your location roughly as the sun sets, which gives you till dawn to take care of the messengers, and the army will begin sieging the city around midday. You should have plenty of time to complete your goals. Understand that should you fall, your soul and all souls you have collected go to me. Now, I must go check on the progress of the army. Themeghast will prepare you for the portal jump." The commander utters a single words and his body is engulfed in flames. In a flash he is gone, leaving the smell of brimstone and burnt ozone.

In the preparation is the devil Themeghast. With rust-colored skin and a jutting crown of ridge-like horns, this muscular devil is draped in lengthy contracts. He stands beside a large swirling vortex, fiddling with several crystals that see to power the portal. A large wall covered in equipment lies behind him. As you file in he regards each of you and smirks.

Image:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/156/7/9/contract_devil_fight_by_guzboroda-d3i6auq.jpg

"Ah good, you are all ready to leave then? I have the soulbinding rings for each of you, they are empty right now, unless you wish to invest your own soul into them. Ignore the commander's threat of your soul becoming his upon your death. While likely, your souls have not yet been bound to his keeping. In fact, could I interest any of you in signing an Infernal Contract? I assure you that it is worth something as measly as your soul. If you are not interested I can still offer some things for sale for mortal coin."

My spellcrafters:
You can attempt a spellcraft check to figure out what the commander did when he vanished.

Rolls
Anyone can make Knowledge rolls to learn more information than is in the text.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 07:51 AM
Angel lowers her mental defenses and mumbles something about how she trusted him enough to not mess with her head. She wasn't terribly thrilled about all the people she was having to work with for this one, she was used to just working with Dusa to spread general chaos, not things with complex goals and objectives, she was up to the task though.

When the demon comes out with the papers she attempts to discern what the contract is exactly.

Croverus
2013-03-08, 08:01 AM
Garphor
Your knowledge of fiends informs you that Contract devil offer contracts to mortals in exchange for the mortal's soul going to to the devil upon the mortal's death. In exchange the mortal can either get 3 wishes to be used in the next 24 hours, though contract devils are cunning and notorious for twisting the intentions of a wish in a way that may not be useful. The other use of the contracts it to gain a devil servant who's strength is equal to or less than the strength of the mortal who signs the contract. They can do no intentional harm to their new master and must follow the mortal's orders. Upon making a contract the Devil keeps one copy and gives a second copy to the mortal. You also know that Contract can fight with the contracts they possess as if they were whips, slashing through armor an leaving deep, bleeding wounds.

Airanath
2013-03-08, 08:19 AM
Dusa picks his ring and places it on his finger, the usual feeling of a soulbinding ring bringing a smile to him, the time of the harvest has come, and if its up to him, it shall be a plentiful one.
"Thank you, no contracts for me, once again, unless you want to give me some to try to establish with the mortals in the fort. You never know what a deserter may be willing to offer... Might be able to get one to sign a contract just to be spared his life, if you give me his remaining wishes, as his first will be to not be killed right now." he grims, he would rather see them suffer and choke in pain, but sometimes, the least pleasing way is better. "Other than that, how stocked are your poison supplies? Oil of Taggit, Death Reaver Powder, Hemlock, maybe some Blue Whinnis or Sting Jelly to knock down a spell caster before he has a chance to open his mouth."

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 08:38 AM
"Very well, I will submit to this mind link."
Charon lowered his mental barriers and let Dusa make the connections. It was not a comforting thought, but he trusted Dusa enough. If this connection helped him bring victory to the war front he did not care.

"I am of no illusion that my skill is greater than yours. If you would create a poison to end all the lives in Bitterhold, I wish only to assist you."
Charon offered Marik a hand to shake. Charon's only goal was the mission. This team was extremely skilled and Charon would try to be equal in caliber.

Charon slid the ring on. He was happy to have it. This way he could save souls to be devoured later. He wouldn't need to eat the souls the moment he killed his target. The deal however, didn't tempt Charon. Charon only wished to serve Asmodeus beyond death. It would be paradise to kill for an eternity, in the name of Asmodeus. He would earn his paradise. No deal could rob him of a chance to seek that eternal reward. He merely listened to Dusa asking about poisons in silence, ignoring the option to throw his soul at the mercy of the fiend.

KaiserSozay
2013-03-08, 08:47 AM
Marek Smiled at the "Man" brave enough to shake his hand, not too often that someone was.
"That another even knows the craft of alchemy is good to know."
Placing the Soul ring on one of his fingers Marek laughs at the thought of killing providing an additional profit.

To Garphor he says, "Your offer is tempting but not today, Hopefully this is not a one-time deal because your offer has some serious potential should i ever get desperate enough to risk it."

Croverus
2013-03-08, 08:54 AM
"Hehehe, no not one time. Anytime you wish to rethink my offer you need only call for me with the proper ritual. I must give the contracts out myself unfortunately. As for the poisons, let me see. I am well stocked with hemlock and blue whinnis, and I have a handful of vials of taggit and sting jelly left. Unfortunetly another has purchased my last bag of Death Reaver Powder. My stocks will refresh in three days and I can offer more then, or the materials to make some for yourself."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 03:39 PM
Angel considers the offer for a second, slipping the ring onto her finger and admiring it for a moment in silence. She had always wanted to try something out but had never really thought that it would work in her current occupation, but there might be a way she could make this work if she worded it right. But if she didn't word it right there was the potential that she would be dead within' an hour and it would all be for naught. She then raised her hand timidly and said quietly, "I'll try it."

She gets up and walks around to the devil, preparing the first and most important wish, "My first wish is that you do not change the outcome of any of my wishes, including this one, from the purpose intended by me, and that they have no effect aside from what I intend. To clarify this means that you fulfill these wishes based on what I want to happen and nothing more or less, not what you interpret yourself." she says, looking up at the large devil from her considerably smaller height.

Croverus
2013-03-08, 04:06 PM
"While your attempt to outwit me is commendable, the wishes I grant are more like the kind granted by the wish spell. Your request would not truly be something I can perform with your wish. If you know of a spell that duplicates the effects you ask, then sure, I can cast that spell. Witty as you think you are, you would only be wasting a wish, as you must remember, I am on your side, and I do want your team to succeed."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 04:21 PM
Angel stops and considers this for a moment, "So, in theory could you turn me into a vampire and supply me with a ring of Protective Penumbria or a similar but permanent effect? I'm sorry, I'm not terribly familiar with what 'Wish' entails, and from what I've heard it's very variable if you're willing to risk certain things."

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 06:14 PM
Turning her into a vampire would essentially make her immortal. It wouldn't matter though. Everything can die. Even Asmodeus will die at some point. Her soul would eventually belong to Themeghast. It might take longer than normal, but it would happen.
"I wouldn't make such deals if I were you. There is an eternal paradise Asmodeus grants to those who earn it. You would never see it in the hands of this devil. No offence to your deals Themeghast."
Charon was getting impatient. The mission was being delayed. Charon wanted so desperately to begin the vicious sabotage.

THEChanger
2013-03-08, 06:32 PM
A low growl slipped out from under Marcus' lips. "We do not have time for this foolishness. Every moment we wait is one less moment we have to ensure the messangers do not escape. We must leave now." Marcus snatched up the soulring Themeghast had crafted for him, jamming it onto one of his open fingers. His other hand danced across the handle of his axe, but his respect for the devil smith's power kept him from drawing it quite yet. "Perhaps if, instead of luring children into onesided deals, you did your job my lord, we could be on our way?" Marcus low, sweeping bow was clearly meant in mockery of the devil, but Marcus' eyes never left the beast, as the black orbs of his pupils expanded.

Sinpoder
2013-03-08, 06:58 PM
The tatooed tiefling stays silent most of the time, hearing the instructions, when Alexander finally appears and asks about obtaining poison he gives a smile of satisfaction, it seems this team is a good one to work with.
"Sadly we were only informed of this now, or I would have personally brewed the poison, indeed, your choice is an efficient one Silent One, as always. Too efficient, I would almost miss the pain and writhing agony caused by Hemloch, it causes horrible muscle cramps, and eventuallys chokes the victim to death, as they can't even breath, its a beauty to watch, albeit, more expensive. Would love to see what happens if we mix both in their water supplies..."
He wanders off for a moment at the tought.
"Do we have any plans on the city layout already available? Or at least, for the army quarters? Might be hard to procure enough poison to take care of a city in such short notice, but we could probably poison all their defenders, leaving only layman and unprepared militia alive, souls filled with despair are usually more flavorful in my opinion. As for get in and out and opening a path for the invasion... does the city have sewers? We could lock the gates in a more permanent way and use it as our route in and out, as well as the invasion path..."
He pauses and looks at the other tiefling in the table, the one wearing wizardry robes.
"Yes Angel, I'll open the link." He then turns to the others, "Gentleman, if you would lower your mental barriers for a moment, stability a telepathic channel among us, its nothing harmful, just saves the trouble of speaking, you might enjoy it Charron, I know for a fact that the Silent one appreciates the ease to mark targets with it, without risking being overheard. My research partner over there has grown fond of communicating through it in lieu of less... refined methods."

" The problem with Helmloch, while it is better anyone with any kind of medical training will know what to look for with Helmloch... it may be 'better' looking but the facts are that if we want to do this with ANY kind of stealth then we need to pick a poison that most people don't know what it is. If some people suddenly get Helmloch poisoning, they will instantly go to the water because they know what it is. If they go with something less common, they will spend hours or days trying to figure out where it could have come from or what it even is, by then it would be too late. You have to remember that.. this mission is about stealth and guile, if it was not then they would have not sent someone like me on the mission. Alexander's point of being on this mission was to make daddy happy with his son, well... as happy as the God of Evil can be with one of his children.

Alexander would then go to the guy that was offering them The Deal, and Alexander did not even have to wonder about it because he knew that he would NEVER take the deal under any case. Alex knew where his soul was going when he died, but he would simply smile at the man as he pulled out a piece of paper and wrote something down on it and slid it to him. On this paper it said simply

I assume you know who I am.. if you do not, then you are not as well informed as you think you are. I request several things from you, and in exchange it will grant you the chance for Promotion. I request several barbed daggers of Thiniam make, or for you to upgrade that ring with the ability to store the souls of the people I kill or pray over if I get to them quickly enough. (aka 1-2 rounds) If you supply me with these items, I will be more then happy to give you the souls that come out of them, until I pay for the trinket myself, then I will begin to sell them to you at a normal price... You know just as well as I do that at the end of the day, Asmodeus only cares about one thing. Results. Souls are results. Alexander would then sit back and see how well this supplier of souls did with this deal, knowing very well that some valuable souls could be at stake with very little risk on his part. He would simply have to part with some trinkets.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 07:06 PM
Angel spun around, looking a bit timidly at Charon, "I'd rather take my chances with this world if you don't mind too much..." she says quietly, turning her attention to Marcus and continues in the same tone, "Don't call me a child again, first warning before I make every bone in your body explode. You get one more."

Airanath
2013-03-08, 08:40 PM
"And the same would happen if they had Death Reaver poisoning, its a leap of logic, not of medical knowledge, that if many people fall sick at once, it has a common cause, medical knowledge would pinpoint its a poison, and maybe which, given enough time, and samples, to properly analyze it. If they have spell casters, they can start treating it right away, but every poisoning thus healed, means one less field healing. I don't know many places under siege who don't feed their militia properly before a battle, giving us both dinner or breakfast as a poisoning window, be it to weaken them for our operation, or to make an army weak right before a fight. I want to see how well their field medics will fare indentifying and treating poisonings while taking a Devil assault head on. In any case, the discussion over Death Reaver Powder or Hemloch is moot, given he only has one of them available, and we probably lack the resources for a quantity large enough to affect more than a person. Diluted poison is not the way to go." Dusa retorts back at Alexander, pointing logic flaws and the starting points of a plan.

On Marcus remarks and hurry, Dusa replies, in partial agreement. "As the short tempered one said, we lack time, but we should work a quick plan before departing, "go in, kill them all, poison some" is to vague to count, we have clear objectives, and some of them may be completed simultaneously. These messengers, the fact they aren't gone yet means they probably lack the magical means to do so, and will likely use mounts, if we take out every horse in town, for instance, we would accomplish stopping them, they can't outrun a Bone devil on their own two feet. If the messengers are members of the militia, poisoning all their supplies will affect them as much as the others, most likely killing them while they try to deliver their message. Finally we have to pave a path for our army and take down their leader. I think the last one, should actually be our first goal, we can drag out the information to accomplish all others from this, poisoning the guards first will likely help in this goal, and even if they cut back the poisoned supplies... The morale of an army without it leader and with empaty stomachs right before a fight will accomplish the goal of weakening them."

KaiserSozay
2013-03-08, 08:57 PM
"Do any of you happen to have skills with illusion," Marek asks his new comrades", Because it would be better if we can stop the messengers after they have left the city. so that they can't say why they have been stopped. Illusions will allow us to lead them to positions of our choosing or at least allow us to get close to them without detection."
"Also while I am adept at hiding some of my more unusual features it is possible that someone might notice my... Differences and that is usually a bad thing."
Marek smile over at the angry Teifling, who reminds him of a... Friend.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 09:03 PM
Angel slowly raises a hand and half whispers back at Marek shyly, "I can do that, but I'm not sure how well that would work. If we come up with a plan I can work with I'd be willing to try though."

Airanath
2013-03-08, 09:44 PM
Themeghast, let me ask you again about Oil of Taggit, I don't recall you saying if you had any of it or not the first time I asked... Its cheap if not as effective, might be able to knock down a platoon or two to help during infiltration.

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-08, 10:11 PM
I'm with Marcus, our duty waits. We will need to make decisions fast. Get the strongest poison available or have Marek make one. It would only be a matter of time before they found out. However, if we create a lot of problems at once we could overwhelm them. In addition a town with no clean water source is going to fall in a siege a lot easier."

Charon looked at Angel as though she was insane.
"It isn't wise to threaten Marcus. I've seen him eviscerate people for less than that."
His hand was ready to draw. He almost expected things to go south from here.

Sinpoder
2013-03-08, 11:15 PM
Alexander was simply eating his apple happily as he watched his comrades argue over stupid things and he could not help but laugh slightly as he did this. He just kept eating his apple, and he was clearly acting much like his father. Calm and collected and impossible to anger. He was simply waiting for his answer from the supplier and he could care less about the rest of it, as he simply kept eating his apple.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 11:22 PM
Charon looked at Angel as though she was insane.
"It isn't wise to threaten Marcus. I've seen him eviscerate people for less than that."
His hand was ready to draw. He almost expected things to go south from here.

"And Generally someone who talks about me in such a way as him would be painfully dead and then raised to a higher form by now." Angel says quietly, shrugging and reaching up to wipe some blood away from her eye, drying her hand on a handkerchief and replacing it in it's original position on her belt, "So I guess we're even."

THEChanger
2013-03-08, 11:48 PM
"And Generally someone who talks about me in such a way as him would be painfully dead and then raised to a higher form by now." Angel says quietly, shrugging and reaching up to wipe some blood away from her eye, drying her hand on a handkerchief and replacing it in it's original position on her belt, "So I guess we're even."

Marcus knelt down to look Angelus in the eyes. His pupils exapnded fully, his sight peered at the tiny mage. A hand darted out, and wiped a smidge of her blood tears from her cheek. Lifting the blood to his mouth, Marcus' tongue darted out, lapping up the lifewater. He nodded, and then bowed his head-sincerely this time. "My appologies, my Lady. Your size compared to my own made it hard to discern your age. I will not make such a mistake again. However, I do feel it my duty to warn you that one such as this would not make an honest deal with you, regardless of how carefully you worded your requests." Lifting his head towards Themeghast, Marcus smiled. "No offense meant, dear Lord. It is your nature, after all." Rising back to his natural height, Marcus nodded towards Charon. His eyes had returned to their normal shape.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-09, 12:47 AM
Angel blushes furiously under her hood, which mercifully concealed her features to anyone who wasn't uncomfortably close. The sudden physical contact had been completely unexpected and more than a little confusing. She looks at the floor and stammers, "I-I-It was a longshot in the f-first place I guess. I can understand t-t-that you mistook me for someone younger too, it happens a lot..."

Croverus
2013-03-09, 12:48 AM
Themeghast nodded to Marcus. "Quite right you are. I will admit I don't give out deals too great if it can be helped. Now let me answer each of you in kind, the poison first as that is most importing to your mission. I have 10 doses of Oil of Taggit available to you, standard fees of course. As for your request, Alexander. Yes, I know who you are and will say plainly that promotion does not interest me, as doing so would require I gave my contracts t a successor. I'd rather keep my contracts for now, thank you. However I can still help you with your ring, think of it as a gift." With a wave of his hand several ribbons of crimson energy shoot from Themeghast's claw tips and fuse into Alexander's ring. It glows red hot and Alexander will find it impossible to remove the ring now as it has fused to his finger. Alexander's ring, and his alone, will be able to take the souls of the recent dead.

Turning now to Angel, Themeghast smirks, having made up his mind. "Turning you into a vampire... It can be done. Sign right here and your wish shall come true." He pulls out the contract which is written in ancient Infernal that is difficult to read and in such fine print it takes close examination just to be able to properly see any part of it. At the bottom is Themeghast's name and mark, and beneath that a blank space with an X marking where to sign. "Simply prick your finger and sign here and I shall grant you your wishes."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-09, 01:03 AM
Angel turns her head slightly towards Themeghast, "Maybe some other time... I think I'm going to pursue some more conventional means to accomplish my overall goal. I'll call you back if I hit a dead end I guess." She says very quietly, sounding a bit disappointed. "But keep that contract around."

Croverus
2013-03-09, 01:23 AM
Themeghast rolls it up and it vanishes among the many contracts that hang from his body. He goes over to the portal, rearranging several crystals. It begins to thrum and glow, crackling with eldritch energies. "The gate is ready. Step through and you will be transported to a small clearing just outside the city walls. There is a small chance they will detect the fluctuations of magic, and there are some time dilation issues that may cause some of you to arrive a few seconds later than expected. Once you have all arrived you are to infiltrate the city by any means necessary. I would advise you find a building to set up a temporary base, but I am sure you'll figure out things from there. Good luck." With that he steps back and motions for you to step into the portal one at a time.

All:
Decide on an order you will enter, then each of you roll 1d4.

Airanath
2013-03-09, 01:27 AM
"Themegast... Do you have any contacts readly available able to perform minor alterations to ones mind, not real alterations, but just reopen pathways, allowing them to reroute some of their mental processes permanently? I would be willing to pay for such a service, but mortal coin is all I can offer right now, possibly souls, upon my return. An item able to perform such would serve, if not ideal."

Croverus
2013-03-09, 01:28 AM
"I know of one who could, yes, but she is not available until after the business with this siege is handled. And she is one to traffic only is souls, she cares not for mortal wealth."

Airanath
2013-03-09, 01:40 AM
Dusa frowns in disapointment, so much for unlocking further potential in his mind and proper power pathways.
"I am ready to depart, I just require a spear and a dagger, to stab something if my mental reserves falter. Nothing fancy, just pointy enough to hurt." Dusa counts a few gold coins for the simple weapons, he doesn't usually use those, but this mission might prove more exhausting than moste before.

He projects his toughts to the others, testing the stability of the link, and quickly assesses their health, for broken tools should be replaced. "I'll be the third through, in case we are attacked immediatly, to support those who went first. The link will be interrupted during the gatejump, but will be open once again once we all are on the same plane. May Asmodeus be pleased by our work, and may we reap the reward of his pleasure."

THEChanger
2013-03-09, 01:45 AM
Marcus cracked his neck, and whispered the activation word of his Hat. His form shimmered, and the red color of his skin slowly bleached away, as the trace elements of his demonic nature were obscured by the glammer. Soon, he appeared as he might have were he truly human. Unhooking his axe from his belt and strapping his shield to the other arm, Marcus stepped directly in front of the portal. "I will take point. Just say when."

Sinpoder
2013-03-09, 01:50 AM
Alexander would not even growl or wince as the ring was melted into his skin and became one with his body. Alexander knew that this was an easy way for him to get a start on an early promotion, as he knew what was going to happen to him when he died and he knew that it might end up with him being a mindless pawn to some Devil, and he wanted to avoid that happening at all costs.

Alexander would then get ready to go, as he drew his swords from the hilts and made sure that he had put his doses of Deathblade on each of them and then put them back into the hilt. He was most likely the only person here who could easily blend into the world of the outside without sticking out like a sore thumb, and he would have to be the mouth piece most likely for this group if all did not go well. Until he saw that his friend had suddendly turned human and he was very grateful that he would not be the only one that could walk though town square without nearly getting killed.

Airanath
2013-03-09, 01:59 AM
Once the first two members of the group step trought the gate, Dusa dons his own hat, and changes shape into a regular human, altought, even in this form, he displays a lot of tatoos, albeit nothing like before, those merely are of tribal theme, and not depicting the soon to come victory of Hell on the blood war.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-09, 02:07 AM
Angel quickly follows Dusa through the portal, not wanting to be left behind by the only person in the party she actually knew.

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-09, 05:15 AM
Charon waved goodbye to Themeghast. The group was skilled, however they were all incredible show offs. Charon saw no value in being the centre of attention. He would serve his lord from a distance. His lord would see value in his loyalty.
"This hold will crumble in the name of Asmodeus."
He quietly slipped into the gate. He was born for this purpose.

Croverus
2013-03-13, 07:16 AM
A each of you enter the gate you are flung into a spiraling tunnel of eldritch energies. You can see those that were before you flung ahead and almost out of sight. You feel yourselves stretched out by the portal, and it feels like minutes pass. Finally you see a black void at the end of the tunnel and pass through it one by one.

Marcus:
You are first to arrive, crashing into the ground suddenly as if you'd fallen form the sky, causing a minor crater int eh space you land and flames scorching the earth under your feet. You look around and are immediately aware of several humans sitting around a campfire just 15ft away from you. They are too stunned by your arrival to react right away.
(You can make a single action as a surprise round, and then roll for initiative)

Marik:
A crack of lightning proceeds your arrival splitting a tree in half. You climb out from between the shattered trunk and can spot 40ft away the campfire with the humans around it, and Marcus already having some fun.
(You do not get a surprise action but can roll initiative and have a full action in initiative order)

Dusa:
A great bubbling sound is heard as a boulder glows red hot and melts away, your form appearing among the rapidly cooling stone. You are 60 ft from the campfire, and can see Marcus and Marik engaging them.
(You can roll for initiative but will act last this round and only get 1 standard action)

Angel, Alex, and Charon:
The three of you will not arrive this round and are still in transit.

Airanath
2013-03-13, 09:30 AM
"Damned portal, one would expect a bit more stability from these things..." he mutters to himself, taking some time to dust the ashes of burnt undergrass off his clothes.

Clean again, he looks around and finally notices Marcus about to behead the first human, and Marik vanishing among trees and heading to them, probably to backstab one of them, he expands his mind field, locating both of their minds, and sending a familiar touch, restablishing the mental link with them.

"Sorry about that, portal instability, due to the time lag in our arrivals, the mental connection broke, had to stablish a new one." He projects once they are rejoined. "Luckly for us, we got here before the others, which means we get to draw first blood among their ranks."

THEChanger
2013-03-13, 10:24 PM
The change required no time at all. As Marcus rose from his burning crater, he broke into a massive grin. All of his muscles relaxed, and Marcus leapt at the nearest mortal. In a single fluid motion, Marcus whipped out his axe and shield, and swung his blade at the human full force.

Beginning rage. 15 rounds a day.

Moving to melee range, attacking nearest human.

To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Croverus
2013-03-14, 02:13 PM
After the initial surprise of the appearance of The raging humanoid, two of the human stand up, grabbing their crossbows and loading them, taking aim at Markus. Markus reaches the nearest human and brings his axe down into the terrified man's collarbone, splitting into his chest. The man lets out a gurgled gasp and drops to the ground, blood gushing from the open wound.

Technical details
Human4 and Human5 both stand up and equip their crossbows with a move action, then load with their standard action.
Human1 is dropped to -1 hp and is now bleeding.

Marik and Dusa both can act, but Dusa's action will happen only after Human3, 6, 7, and 8.

Airanath
2013-03-14, 02:49 PM
Dusa projects a warning to the others, "Leave one of them alive, we can interrogate him, we can execute the last man after obtaining any useful information regarding the fort."

He walks a bit closer to battle taking cover from the nearest tree, while studying the battle for easy targets, or an easy to neutralize foe.

Double Move to approach the combat. Moving to P 13.

KaiserSozay
2013-03-14, 06:12 PM
Marik sees the humans in chaos and dashes towards them throwing one of his bombs when he gets close enough.

Hit human 4 [roll0] Touch attack
Dmg [roll]4d6+8[roll]
Also hits Humans 2,3,5,6 and 7 for 8 dmg reflex half.
If i miss i'll roll the change that it causes in the next post.

Croverus
2013-03-14, 07:00 PM
The bomb strikes the human, immolating him and all his surrounding allies!

Human2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 are all reduced to -4 hp.
Human4 is completely destroyed by the bomb, reduced to nothing but an ash pile.

Human8 pulls out his crossbow and starts trying to load it desperately, but human 9, who is distinct from the other in that he has a short blue cape over his left shoulder, unsheathes his longsword and charges Markus.

Human 8 spends turn to stand, draw crossbow and load it.
Human9 charges Markus [roll0]
If he hits he does [roll1] damage.

Croverus
2013-03-14, 08:19 PM
Charon:

The ground cracks about 30ft away from the fire and Charon rises up from the fissure, which closes behind him. He sees the carnage that his teammates have already caused, including multiple bodies blown up around the fire, and a single pile of ash.

Alexander:

A lightning strike hits one of the tents, catching it on fire. It quickly burns away, leaving behind Alexander in the remains. He can smell the blood of humans and sees many of them laying about on the ground bleeding to death.

Angel:

One of the dieing humans begins to convulse violently and his body explodes outward, Angel bursting forth from the gore, covered in the human's blood now.

Turn 2 begins, Charon's up

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-14, 10:00 PM
Charon doesn't miss a beat. His daggers seem to appear in his hands as he darts forward. He makes his attack with brutal finesse, aiming only to kill. He would make a feast out of these human souls.

Croverus
2013-03-14, 10:40 PM
Charon dashes up behind Human8 and stabs him so hard in the back of the ribs with daggers that blood explodes out from the human's chest. The human falls over, obviously dead.

Human8 is so dead.

KaiserSozay
2013-03-15, 04:13 AM
L 10

Marek laughs with maniacal glee as he runs at the last man standing and tries to rip him to shreds with one of his claws.

Dmg Claw one
[roll0] + [roll1] All part of the same attack.
Hit Claw one [roll2]
Crit if needed [roll3]

Sinpoder
2013-03-15, 04:36 AM
Alexander would smell the blood of those who have died and he would look around for a moment as he looked to see one of the guys aiming to hurt his fellow teammate and which point Alex goes over to him and with drawing both of his blades attempts to slam the hilts of his swords into the cloaked guys temples trying to knock him out in a single blow.

Moves to N12 and does non-lethal damage to his opponent

to Hit:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
if Crit: [roll2]
to Hit:[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
if Crit: [roll5]

Croverus
2013-03-15, 11:16 AM
Marik leaps at the human, slashing him with his claws, a trail of blood splashing the ground. Alexander approaches and hits the man strongly with the hilt of his sword, the strike true enough to guarantee the hit connected, but the man seems to have the awareness to move with the blow, just barely avoiding the strike being more devastating than normal.

Technical stuff:

Human9 takes 12 Damage from Marik, and 12 nonlethal damage from Alexander.

THEChanger
2013-03-15, 06:42 PM
Marcus easily evaded the caped man's strike. Letting out a bellowing roar, Marcus swept at the man's leg with his axe, and tried to rip his feet out from under him.

Using Intimidating Glare, as Marcus is in melee range.

Intimidate Check-[roll0]
Shaken Duration-[roll1]

Then, using Knockdown to try and trip our blue-caped friend. If my attack is higher than his CMD, he takes 7 damage and is knocked prone. Not going to use non-lethal because it's a small amount of damage and, let's face it, Marcus is in bloodlust.

To Hit-[roll2]

Croverus
2013-03-26, 07:26 PM
The man seems determined not to back down, but Marcus's knockdown attempt is successful and the man is knocked onto his back, cringing from the sudden impact with the ground.

Dusa and Angel are up.

Airanath
2013-03-26, 07:59 PM
Dusa breaths deeply, sharpening his mind into a strike, piercing the fallen man's mental barriers, and attempting to force him into his collective.

If he manages to break the soldier's mental barriers, Dusa quickly studies the man to figure how drained is his life force, the next strike must be calculated, to avoid consuming his soul before he serves his use.

If the man is not within the range of a kill, he lashes out, cutting away a part of his life force, and freeing it into the collective, so he and his allies can feast on it.

If unable to determine the remainder of the man's life force for any reason, he focus his mind, a loud crack can be heard, as the air vibrates with tremendous force around the man, if he wasn't already on the ground, the strenght of the vibrations might have dropped him, instead, it just strongly stimulates his brain, attempting to make him nauseated, rendering him utterly harmless.
He also warns his allies, "His soul is almost breaking apart from his body, a punch in the guts will likely drop him to his knees begging for his life. Or render him unconcious, both favorable conditions."

Expending Psionic Focus to activate the Unwilling Participant Feat as a move action. The soldier is entitled a Will save, DC 21.
If he fails this save, using a Swift Action to determine his remaining HP with my Health Sense. He gets a save at the same DC as above.
If his hp is above or equal to 6, Dusa lashes at him with his steal health ability (Standard action), if it hits, the soldier takes 15 points of damage, which can be used as healing that is split as healing between anyone who has taken any damage.
Ranged Touch Attack (Steal Health): [roll0]

If his HP is below 6, Dusa hits the Soldier with Collapse (Standard Action), augmented by 4 PPs (Total cost 5). The soldier has to pass a DC 20 Fort save. If he fails he is Nauseated and Knocked Prone (if he stands up again before the power is manifested).

Croverus
2013-03-26, 08:10 PM
Dusa's assault on the prone man wracks his body, causing him to gasp in pain, cringing as he tries to maintain his awareness. His body shakes from pain and as he seems to be trying to stand.

Angle is up.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-27, 07:55 PM
Angel turns to the man and throws out both arms at him, "Lam!" She shouts, throwing an immobilizing spell on him.

Hold Person, DC 21 to save.

Croverus
2013-04-01, 01:43 PM
The man freezes as he was attempting to rise. He remains perfectly still, the only movement now is his short shoulder cape fluttering in the wind.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-01, 04:29 PM
Charon closes in on the frozen man and puts woe to his throat.
"If you wish for a quick death, you will surrender and tell us what we need to know. I don't wish to torture you, such things leave little dignity to my targets. I will do what is necessary, do not doubt me."

Intimidate - [roll0]

Sinpoder
2013-04-01, 06:36 PM
Charon closes in on the frozen man and puts woe to his throat.
"If you wish for a quick death, you will surrender and tell us what we need to know. I don't wish to torture you, such things leave little dignity to my targets. I will do what is necessary, do not doubt me."

Alexander would simply walk about and gather up the rest of the souls of anyone that may have been left, while these guys were doing this and once that was done he would go back to the man and say simply I personally have no problem torturing you, so... I would listen to him and tell him the information he wants or I will make sure I will have some fun with you my friend.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-04-01, 08:29 PM
Angel chimes in enthusiastically, "I know several quite creative ways to cause pain in an individual!" before she realizes that she had spoken and subsides back to almost silence, looking away and coughing slightly, "I mean, if that's ok with you gentlemen."

Croverus
2013-04-01, 09:09 PM
As the man is currently frozen in place by magic he makes no response to any of you. He simply remains in his current position, immobile.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-01, 09:45 PM
"Help me disarm him. Someone start taking off his armour.
Charon starts taking his weapons.

leave his clothes on. Take his armour and weapons away and maybe tie him up. If he breaks free from hold person he shouldn't be hard to deal with.

Airanath
2013-04-01, 10:17 PM
Dusa speaks, so the man can hear him too.
"I also know quite a few ways, and I know how to keep the human body going for a long while before I am done. That is why I carry a healing kit." He circles the man, knowing he is able to hear, if not to move. "How about we play a little game, you can tell us everything we ask you, if you do so, I won't hurt you, if you don't, first, I'll demonstrate some techniques on your friends, but without the worry for their survival, and then, I'll let you select which one you would like me to perform on you."

Dusa starts taking torture tools from his robe, one after the other, each increasingly disturbing, upon hearing Charon's suggestion he simply projects his toughts, as the human can't hear that, and continues. "Don't bother with his armor, unless its magical, just tie him up, a poker between his armor plates after heating in their own campfire will be many times more painful, and I can keep him going a long time, I'll just redirect his friends life essence to him, each time he resists, I'll heal him a bit with his companions lifes, we grab their souls as they die. Break the body, then assail the mind, and if he doesn't talk, question his body. Angel, does he have any magic gear on him?"

He then proceeds to stabilize the others, bringing them closer so the man can watch his work, both in keeping them alive so he and Angel can play with their bodies, and in healing the man, once he gets around to torture him. He actually hopes he resists a bit, it'll make the next hour more interesting.

"Well then, shall we start now? What should we try first? You can stop this, your friends can avoid this suffering, I won't vivisect them if you agree to help and give us any information we ask. Otherwise, you can watch, and later enjoy the procedures yourself." Dusa moves towards one of the man's allies and describes the procedures he is planning to perform, and what it does to the body, in grim detail.
"Think hard, you could protect one, or you could protect them all."

Intimidate:[roll0]
Taking 1 minute with the man, to make him "friendly" and willing to reveal information. I'm keeping him on the collective, so I can point out his general direction in case he tries to run.

THEChanger
2013-04-01, 11:16 PM
Marcus let a loud puff of air out of his lips, as his blood simmered to a low boil. Rehooking his axe to his waist, Marcus approached the paralyzed human, and began helping Charon disarm their captive. Marcus snorted at the various attempts at threatening and frightening the soldier. "Just finish whatever you wish to do quickly. We have little time here."

Airanath
2013-04-02, 12:42 AM
Dusa quickly patches up the bleeding survivors while they tie up the man, then proceeds to extract information from him.

Heal rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

P.S: power went out, posted this from the phone. Sorry for it being short. Turning the phone off and going to lay down now.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-02, 02:07 AM
Charon searches the man for anything that might betray his station. If he held a lofty title, he might better kept alive. As the spell finished Charon shakes his head.
"Unfortunately, my comrade doesn't share my ideals and I am in no position of authority to stop him. Your friends are being stabilised and he will force them to suffer... Indignities... He will then perform his work on you."
Charon shook his head in disappointment. The art of quick and merciful murder was more his style. Brutal and messy interrogations was hardly dignified. It showed little respect to the victim and no honour would be had. Still, there was some small pragmatic value in such acts.
"It would be wise to tell us what you know and save your friends from a agonising death, but should you proved strong enough to withstand the torture, I would wish to know your name. If your fate is to die in pain and silence, you will prove yourself a man of worth."
Charon gave the man a look of honest respect. He felt genuinely sorry for the man. Charon would not want to be in his shoes.
"There is no dishonour in answering our questions. If your information is worthy, I will grant you a merciful end."

KaiserSozay
2013-04-02, 02:35 AM
Marik laughs as he examines the pile of ashes, kicking it with his foot.
"Don't take too long getting information out of him just hack off bits of his body til he talks." Marik laughs as he licks his claws.

Croverus
2013-04-02, 03:06 AM
Having stripped him of his gear you determine he wore an exceedingly fine suit of chainmail, his longsword is expertly crafted and has a boar's head in the pommel, a fine dagger, a set of strong manacles and accompanying keys, a signal whistle stylized to look like a boar, two small potion bottles, and a coin purse.

The man struggles a bit against the bonds, not showing any fear despite his injuries. He raises his chin, staring at each of you before settling his eyes on Charon. He speaks with a good deal of confidence in his voice, "I am Danalio son of Denerith, of House Ta'Algio, an Honor Guard of Bitterhold. And you fiends o not frighten me with your threats. Me and mine will die to defend the secrets of our hold." For good measure he spits at whoever is nearest to him, possibly his last act of defiance as far as he is concerned.

Anyone who can sense magic
The sword glows magical, as do the potions. Spellcraft checks to identify them if you'd like.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-02, 05:13 AM
Having stripped him of his gear you determine he wore an exceedingly fine suit of chainmail, his longsword is expertly crafted and has a boar's head in the pommel, a fine dagger, a set of strong manacles and accompanying keys, a signal whistle stylized to look like a boar, two small potion bottles, and a coin purse.

The man struggles a bit against the bonds, not showing any fear despite his injuries. He raises his chin, staring at each of you before settling his eyes on Charon. He speaks with a good deal of confidence in his voice, "I am Danalio son of Denerith, of House Ta'Algio, an Honor Guard of Bitterhold. And you fiends o not frighten me with your threats. Me and mine will die to defend the secrets of our hold." For good measure he spits at whoever is nearest to him, possibly his last act of defiance as far as he is concerned.

Anyone who can sense magic
The sword glows magical, as do the potions. Spellcraft checks to identify them if you'd like.

Charon wipes the spit from his face. He wasn't surprised, it seems that his chance at mercy was wasted
"It seems Danalio son of Denerith, that we will be testing your resolve this day. Pray that you have the strength to stay silent. Unlike myself, my allies will receive great joy from your tortured screams."
Charon nodded towards Dusa and Angel.
"Work quickly, I want to find this man's father. Denerith right? I will send him to you. You won't be alone this way."
He then took out his disguise kit and decided to take the face of a human. He could move within the hold better this way.
"Could someone please assist me with my disguise. Doing make up on your own face is frustrating."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-04-02, 10:11 AM
Angel wipes a bit of gore off of her face from where she teleported in, picking up the sword and potions in turn and attempting to identify their properties. "So, Dusa, should we start by cutting bits off of him until he talks or try to keep him intact? If we're going for the latter I suggest popping his shoulder out of it's socket."

"Or we could always do it the uninteresting way and mess with his mind until he tells us willingly." Angel continues, sounding much less interested in this second option.

Airanath
2013-04-02, 10:21 AM
"Both ways are fun, but what do you want to do with the corpse after? We could start slicing all his flesh away, from his feet, untill he speaks, if he dies, you get an skeleton. Since we are not ransoning him, we don't really need to preserve much, maybe his head, so we can pass by his house, and give his family closure, I mean, the chance to burry his remains, and survive a bit longer, if they aid us."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-04-02, 10:28 AM
Angel sighs in a slightly dejected way, "If we weren't trying to infiltrate the place I'd bring them all back to a more enlightened state, but unfortunately most of the living don't share my opinion of the undead. So I guess anything works, besides, the necessary spell is a bit too expensive to just be throwing around willy nilly."

"So I guess we can go with your idea, it sounds quite entertaining." she says, putting the sword down and moving on to identifying the potions.

Airanath
2013-04-02, 05:22 PM
"We have 8 hours, Angel and me could play with him for one hour while you all patrol the area for other camps, if he doesn't spill anything in that time, we go in town blindly. If we aren't up to spending any time, lets execute his friends, and leave him here, so he can watch the consequences of his failure. After the town is taken, we can return for him, so he can "join" the feast to celebrate." Dusa projects a proposal to the others.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-02, 05:43 PM
"We're not leaving him alive. There is too much risk he will reveal the infiltration. Also someone ash those bodies. Take their uniforms. They will come in handy."
Charon continued to planning his disguise.
"Whatever you do, decide quickly."

Airanath
2013-04-03, 10:40 AM
Dusa retrieves some tools from his vest, and starts to skin the man's feet, with him alive and awake.

"In case you were thinking of running, maybe you should rethink it now, will be an easy and beautiful trail for us to follow." He idly chats with the prisoner, and laughs at his sadic joke.

He ends up forgeting to actually make a point on his questioning, and focus on removing the skin from the soldiers feet, laughing whenever he lets out any signs of pain.

Heal check for torture: [roll0]

Croverus
2013-04-03, 12:40 PM
Dusa will take roughly an hour torturing the man, who for the first several minutes will say nothing but repeat his name and rank over and over, cringing and gasping in pain. Meanwhile, the other guardsmen are all helpless, laying about the campsite with nasty burn wounds and scorched clothes. All of them blacked out from the pain of their injuries. The sun has fully set by the time the hour has passed, and Dusa has removed all the flesh from the mans feet up to his shins, leaving just the minimum of tendons and muscle that the man could still flex his toes, though every movement of his feet sends shocking pain though him. Despite Dusa's skill with his tools, there isn't much to make out during the procedure over Danalio's yelps of pain. The man has done a marvelous job of not crying out loud enough that it would carry over to the wall. He groans, and whether him not being forthcoming is do to some incredible resolve on his own part, or because Dusa hasn't bothered to ask for the man to give up any specific information is unclear.

Technical details:
The man takes 5 lethal damage from the hour of torture. He could be more willing to answer a question or two.

Everyone else:
While Dusa tortures the man, the rest of you can attempt whatever it is you think you can accomplish in the course of an hour.

Airanath
2013-04-03, 02:14 PM
Dusa stops torturing the man for a moment, reminding himself that he doesn't want him dead just yet, he'll get to that in a few minutes, better press the man again, and clean up if he doesn't say anything.

"You are resilient, I'll give you that. I know your name, and your station already, how about you save yourself some suffering, and tell me the names of the messengers, and where they are located? If you do that, I'll end your suffering, and, if you don't make me waste more time, I'll even allow your sould to join whatever semblance of paradise you believe in. Hold your tongue, on the other hand, and I'll play some more with you, maybe skin your face, and remove your family gems, so I can present them to your family once we break into town..." He trails off, leaving a hint that he is not simply going to present Danalio's face skin and organs to his family. "Tell me Danalio, do you have a wife? Maybe children? Would you be willing to allow my kin to steal their souls, bind them into eternal torment? I'll offer you a simple exchange, tell me what I want to know, and I'll try to lead them safely out of town."

Dusa looks the man face to face for a moment, giving him some time to let the fear and pain sink in his soul, then delicately starts cutting around the man's chin, tracing its line, as if to strip him of his face.
"Maybe I should wear your face when I go meet your family, I mean your literal face, not an illusion like this," the soulthief uses the power of his hat and assumes the face of the man he is torturing, trying as best as he can to replicate the facial expression he is doing at the moment, "What do you think? But I digress, I didn't give you a chance to talk yet, did I? SPEAK, its your last chance. Who are the messengers, where are they camping or taking shelter for the night, and where are they headed?"

Intimidate: [roll0]
If the man is still unwilling to speak, I'll just CDG him and grab his soul, then finish removing his face and parts, to give to his family before their turn.

Croverus
2013-04-03, 03:17 PM
The man cringes at the pain for a moment, breathing heavily. After a moment of silence he closes his eyes, lowering his chin. "Ok... ok, please... please just don't hurt my family. The messengers... there are 5 of them. I do not know their names... but I know that they are all members of the fort's Shadow Guard. They stand out with their smoke grey sashes, and the draconic rune for shadow inked onto the back of their neck... That... that is all I know about them. Please... Please leave my family alone. And let me die with some honor..." He coughs, specks of blood on his lips.

I finally failed his opposed check, but he has some nasty penalties do to the torture making him fail a will save. If you have deathwatch active, you are aware that he is at the point of being fragile now (3 or less Hit point till 0).

Garphor Drinfan
2013-04-03, 03:32 PM
Angel watches in rapt fascination as Dusa peels the skin off the man's feet for a few minutes before becoming bored and going over to one of the prone men and getting her dagger out to carve patterns in the man's face. When she becomes bored of this as well she plunges the dagger into the man's throat, watching him die curiously.

Damage for the coup de grace, assume that if he makes the fort save that she's hitting him again. [roll0]

Airanath
2013-04-03, 03:41 PM
Dusa smiles, satisfied, hoping the man was true, not that it matters, he'll find out soon enough, and if the man wasn't, his family won't have a swift death.

"Very well, see you... in hell" Dusa pierces the man's heart with his spear, there is no more time to waste.

Once the man is dead, he peels his face, just for good measure.

Coup de Grace: [roll0]

KaiserSozay
2013-04-04, 12:51 AM
While the torture is going on Marik finds a quite place to begin working on some alchemical help.

Marik is creating upto 10 'powder' alchemical substances
Craft (Alchemy check) [roll0]
No DC is given so i'm going to assume i cant fail, post me if otherwise.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-05, 06:23 PM
Charon removed all the clothes off the soldiers. He placed the clothes in a pile for people to pick through. He placed the most serviceable uniform in his handy haversack. He also kept the manacles.
"How should we dispose of the bodies? Does anyone have any ideas?"
He watched Dusa peel the face off his deceased victim.
"Do you really need that? Such things lend little to subtlety."
He frowned and wondered how secure this operation was.