PDA

View Full Version : Warshaping Changelings (And other shapeshifters)

CardCaptor
2013-03-08, 05:03 AM
I was glancing at the Warshaper's class features, and noticed one feature in particular that I've found personally odd. Morphic weapons, I can see how they work well with an ability with a limited duration, like Bear Warrior or Wildshape or whatever. But how does, say, a Changeling deal with that? If a Changeling becomes Warshaper 2, does that mean that they can get 1 type of every natural weapon they can think off for an unlimited duration, size them to Colossal and go to town? Can they just slap on some colossal Claw, Bite, Wing, Slam, Tail, Tentacle, whatever else I forgot, get the Multiattack feats and never bother about having to refresh those again? Is there even a limit on the number of weapons they can grow on themselves?

Daftendirekt
2013-03-08, 06:31 AM
RAW, yes, it works exactly how you asked. In my group at least we generally just size up the natural weapons the character already has and ignore the possibility to have unlimited natural attacks. Actually utilizing that part of the ability is just too damn cheesy.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-03-08, 07:07 AM
RAW, yes, it works exactly how you asked. In my group at least we generally just size up the natural weapons the character already has and ignore the possibility to have unlimited natural attacks. Actually utilizing that part of the ability is just too damn cheesy.

Of course, this kind of sucks if you don't have natural attacks already (unless I'm misunderstanding your fix).

That said, the ability really is a bit much as-written (not to mention way too poorly defined). If somebody in my group wanted to play it, I'd say they get a number of augments, or whatever you want to call them, equal to their Constitution modifier, and each one can EITHER give you a new weapon or size up an existing one (including ones you've made). So you could go for a bunch of weapons, a few big weapons, or a single REALLY BIG weapon, and switch when you need to.