PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Elan Paragon (PEACH)

Deviston
2013-03-08, 09:00 AM
This Paragon was made for the Psionics Unleashed (www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/elan) release of the Elan.

Elan Paragon [PF Class] (PEACH)

Created rather than born, the elan paragon understands that her psionic heritage is truly from where her powers stems. She seeks to expand the psionic power that created and infused her being, while also expanding her knowledge, that it may help her unlock the powers lying dormant within. Due to the incredible lifespan that elans possess, an elan paragon understands that all will come in time and possess a patience that would cause many elves to become envious.

Adventures: Elan paragons have the same drive for exploration that humans have, as most were originally human. They seek adventure for a variety of reasons, including the thrill, to expand their knowledge, or for riches.

Characteristics: An elan paragon works to blend her psionic heritage with her aberrant nature. They tend to be quicker of wits than standard members of their race. An elan paragon seeks to master the psionic powers used in her creation.

Alignment: Elan paragons can be of any alignment. Because they are created and not born, they tend to be more lawful than chaotic, as they work with their makers to identify possible candidates to become future elans. That said, chaotic elans aren’t unheard of, and frequently operate on their own moral codes, seeing themselves as removed from society and therefore above it.

Religion: Elan paragons tend not to follow any particular god. Knowing that you were created by others instead of born, and will not die of old age, has a tendency to give elan paragons a unique perspective on life and death. Some elan paragons do venerate deities, and typically choose deities associated with knowledge. Others simply retain the habit of worshipping whatever deity they followed in their human lifespan, although over time this practice tends to wane.

Background: Most elan paragons come into their abilities from a life of trying to develop their psionic potential and avoiding detection from the societies that are unaware they exist. The elan paragon understands that other societies are sources of information and, many times, they progress in their abilities along other races, instead of other elans, although they continue to strike these races as a little odd on some primal level.

Other Races: Elan paragons, being originally human, tend to have a mixed view of the human race. Some elan paragons see them as inferior, while others view them with a nostalgic view. Because other races are more prolific, elan paragons understand that they will need to work alongside these other races for at least part of their immortal lives.

Other Classes: Similar to their views on other races, elan paragons view other classes as those who they will, at some point in time, have to work with or alongside. A thousand years is a long time, and much will likely be seen. This viewpoint gives the elan paragon more tolerance of other classes. They do, however, tend to prefer the company of those classes of a psionics nature.

Game Rule Information
Elan paragons have the following game statistics.

Abilities
Naturally inclined toward psionics and the psion class in particular, elan paragons benefit from a high Intelligence for their manifesting ability. Constitution is also important for their survivability.

Alignment
Any

Hit Die
D6

Class Skills
Elan paragons can choose any eight skills as class skills. (Knowledge skills must be selected individually).
Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Int modifier.

{table]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort | Ref | Will | Special
1st | +0 | +0 | +0 | +2 | Improved Repletion, Aberrant Senses
2nd | +1 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Psionic Talent
3rd | +2 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Ability Boost (+2), Benefits of Immortality[/table]

Armor and Weapon Proficiency: Elan paragons are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, quarterstaff, and short spear. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield.

Manifesting: At 2nd and 3rd level, an elan paragon gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in psion. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the level of elan paragon to the level of psion and then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

Aberrant Senses (Ex): At 1st level, an elan paragon gains darkvision out to 60 feet.

Improved Repletion (Su): At 1st level, an elan paragon gain greater benefits from spending a power point on his repletion racial ability. When spending a power point to activate his repletion, he also reduces the amount of time he must trance by 2 hours. Additionally, as long as he has a single power point in his pool unspent, he always gains the base benefits of repletion.

Psionic Talent: An elan paragon gains the Psionic Talent feat for free at second level.

Benefits of Immortality (Ex): At 3rd level, an elan paragon has the ability to realize the true benefit of his immortality. Upon aging to further age categories, he gains an additional +1 to mental abilities, but no additional penalty to physical abilities.

Ability Boost (Ex): At 3rd level, an elan paragon gains a +2 bonus to Intelligence

Ilorin Lorati
2013-03-09, 04:19 PM
Racial paragons were a concept that I miss in PF generally, and this keeps in with why I liked them. That said, there's a complication in PF that didn't exist in 3.5: What happens if the Elan traded out Repletion?

Deviston
2013-03-09, 04:56 PM
True, maybe I should make a few more alternate class feature for swapped out racial traits. Maybe that should be the standard in PF Paragon classes. Alternate class features for the alternate racial features. Thoughts?

enderlord99
2013-03-09, 05:12 PM
Add a special ability that lets a natural 4 count as a natural 20 once per day, as long as you loudly announce (both in and out of character) that you are using that ability! :elan: probably wishes he actually had that ability, so it would be perfect for him to gain it eventually!:smallbiggrin: And yes, I know you're referring to the psionic abberation race-thingy.

Deviston
2013-03-09, 05:19 PM
I wish I was "in" on that joke, because I'm sure it was funny :)

enderlord99
2013-03-09, 05:26 PM
I wish I was "in" on that joke, because I'm sure it was funny :)

Well, there's this comic called "The Order of the Stick," and you can find it by clicking "Comics" on the sidebar on this site. (yes, the very same sidebar that led to these forums) It starts out decent, then gets amazing (Although your mileage may vary).:smallsmile: