PDA

View Full Version : Wilding Clasp for Lycanthropes?

Vaz
2013-03-08, 09:59 AM
Without Homebrewing, is there a way a Lycanthrope can keep his armour/clothes without bursting out of it?

Philistine
2013-03-08, 10:07 AM
This happens by default, according to the text of the Alternate Form special ability in the SRD. Anything that the new form can wear continues to be worn (and even gets resized if necessary!); anything the new form can't wear simply falls to the ground. Under no circumstances does the shape change destroy the character's gear.

Vaz
2013-03-08, 10:11 AM
Oh, cool. Thought it ripped, going all hulk.

Renen
2013-03-08, 02:52 PM
It works like incredible hulks incredible pants. Never rip, alway fit

Ravens_cry
2013-03-08, 07:14 PM
It works like incredible hulks incredible pants. Never rip, alway fit
Oddly enough, D&D has no magic pants slot. So, strictly speaking, any pants would fall to to the ground, as they are all mundane, and mundane items don't follow the 'resize to fit'.

Crake
2013-03-08, 07:25 PM
Actually, lycanthropes have their own addendum to that rule saying if the form changes size that your clothes are torn off if you get bigger. It's under changing shape in the lycanthropy entry:

Changing to animal or hybrid form ruins the character’s armor and clothing (including any items worn) if the new form is larger than the character’s natural form; carried items are simply dropped. Characters can hastily doff clothing while changing, but not armor. Magic armor survives the change if it succeeds on a DC 15 Fortitude save.

Vaz
2013-03-08, 08:44 PM
Oddly enough, D&D has no magic pants slot. So, strictly speaking, any pants would fall to to the ground, as they are all mundane, and mundane items don't follow the 'resize to fit'.

I took my girlfriend and her niece to the zoo a few weeks ago. We were going well until one of the elephants was seen with its "little trunk" to attention. Her 4 year old niece asks "what's that fifth leg for?"

Phoebe replies; "Oh, that's er... nothing."

My answer; "That's because you've been spoilt, Phoeb's."

LAD.

In otherwords, it's a good thing it does.

Edit; thanks Crake, however, I'm checking whether this is the case; I'm looking at the SRD now, and I can't see mention of it at all. Was it errata'd?

Dimers
2013-03-09, 01:14 AM
I shudder to mention the book, but ... ugh ... Complete Psionic has an item called Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor on page 110.

Not an armor-slot item, so it's immune to the lycanthrope's special problem
Provides +8 armor bonus to AC
Costs only 3000 gp, weighs only 1 pound
Activate/deactivate with a single standard action, as often as you like
Maximum Dex-to-AC is +2, armor check penalty to skills -6, arcane spell failure 25%
Doesn't reduce your speed, might or might not count as armor for purposes of stuff like monk special abilities
Being dispelled (CL 9) makes it stop working for d4 rounds

Since it isn't armor, it can't carry other magic effects like +3 or fire protection or whatever. Psi-skin is basically its own item slot (you can carry three at a time but only get to have one active).