PDA

View Full Version : Hard to see weapons

Gildedragon
2013-03-08, 04:00 PM
I was looking at glass-steel and reckoned the concept sounds neat... Except for the ridiculously high price. So I was wondering of other ways to get hard-to-see unenchanted weapons.

Thus I present how to make cheap glass-steel-esque weapons:
Invisible spell Fabricate

Neat thing of this is that it makes weapons and armor so produced actually invisible, making concealing and feinting with them quite a bit easier. Also they can be made of any material you want.
Problem is finding them once they are made.

hamishspence
2013-03-08, 04:03 PM
This line from Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban:
"I thought we'd seen the worst when we ordered two-hundred copies of "The Invisible Book of Invisibility." Cost a fortune and we never found them!"

springs to mind :smallamused:

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-03-08, 04:10 PM
Thus I present how to make cheap glass-steel-esque weapons:
Invisible spell Fabricate

Neat thing of this is that it makes weapons and armor so produced actually invisible, making concealing and feinting with them quite a bit easier. Also they can be made of any material you want.
Problem is finding them once they are made.

Would it do what you wanted or would it just look like the spell hadn't altered the raw materials?

Toliudar
2013-03-08, 04:13 PM
Like I needed another reason to ban Invisible Spell in my games.

Gildedragon
2013-03-08, 04:25 PM
Would it do what you wanted or would it just look like the spell hadn't altered the raw materials?

It looking as if it had not altered the raw materials would be odd.
Each of the dozens of buttons looks like a pile of ore

Cog
2013-03-08, 04:43 PM
You say that as if you're surprised. You do remember that this is Invisible Spell we're talking about, right? :smalltongue:

Fates
2013-03-08, 05:05 PM
Like I needed another reason to ban Invisible Spell in my games.

Still not as bad as persist spell, and way more fun IMO.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-03-08, 05:53 PM
Each of the dozens of buttons looks like a pile of ore

and it making permanent invisible things isn't? Side thought; perfectly clear windows. Even if the appearance of an awkward hunk of material is there it can be hidden behind a curtain or inside the wall.

Gildedragon
2013-03-08, 06:22 PM
The oddity stems from small objects being shrouded by the image of a larger, visible, thing as a result of invisibility.

As to the notion of windows: genius!
Architectonically one could have invisible statues in fountains that become semi visible when water falls on them.

Flickerdart
2013-03-08, 06:26 PM
and it making permanent invisible things isn't? Side thought; perfectly clear windows. Even if the appearance of an awkward hunk of material is there it can be hidden behind a curtain or inside the wall.
Logically, the source material would appear where the fabricated object is now, so your "perfectly clear windows" would look like sand suspended in the air. You want to use invisible wall of iron and then fabricate that.