PDA

View Full Version : Full Attack

Asteron
2013-03-08, 06:25 PM
This may be a dumb question, but: do all of the attacks in a full attack action have to be directed at the same person? IIRC, the books and the SRD are both mum on the subject.

The reason that I am asking is for my Duskblade, who just hit level 13... the full attack channeling ability seems kinda weak if its only use is with AoO.

CaladanMoonblad
2013-03-08, 06:40 PM
Negatory; so long as you have multiple targets available and in range, you can direct all attacks against one or one per target or any order you want.

RAW: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#fullAttack) If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

The only movement you can take during a full attack is a 5-foot step. You may take the step before, after, or between your attacks.

If you get multiple attacks because your base attack bonus is high enough, you must make the attacks in order from highest bonus to lowest. If you are using two weapons, you can strike with either weapon first. If you are using a double weapon, you can strike with either part of the weapon first.

So... it's implied with pluralizing "target."

Fates
2013-03-08, 08:59 PM
Someone should probably explain this to every DM I've ever had. =/

dwlc2000
2013-03-09, 12:54 AM
I play with all attacks directed at the same person. It never occured to me to full attack multiple targets. I just assumed that you cound not do that.

lsfreak
2013-03-09, 05:03 AM
You most definitely can pick different targets - that's practically the whole reason there's a rule that you can 5-foot step between attacks during a full attack, so you can reach your next target.