PDA

View Full Version : Customized OOTS-style mini for my Ifrit Wishcrafter Sorcerer

JonathanC
2013-03-08, 09:17 PM
I just started a new Pathfinder campaign with some new friends. I decided to try out the Wishcrafter archetype for Ifrits from the Advanced Race Guide. Of course, finding a good Ifrit mini is no easy task, especially for a female Ifrit. I'm a big fan of Paizo's line of cardboard pawns, and I have all of the current sets, but until they release Bestiary Box 2 there's no chance of me finding a female Ifrit in that style.

Then I remembered that one of my backer rewards from the Kickstarter was a PDF of OOTS-style paper standups. Looking through the Line Art version, I found a few likely candidates in the Ranger and Druid sections, and eventually went with a Drow Ranger. After adding in some horns and coloring her in, the result is...acceptable, albeit somewhat Tiefling-like.

Meet Isabella Anton (http://imgur.com/TjECYR6).

Almost two decades ago, an ambitious Taldan noble named Rodrigo Anṭn found himself in Qadira on a mission to contact a spy in the Caliphate. After the delivery, rumors of treasure drew Rodrigo into the desert, where he quickly became lost and dehydrated.
Taking shelter in a cave from the merciless sun he fell asleep. He awoke in the presence of a strange woman who seemed to be made of fire. Taking pity on him, she offered to grant him a wish. Rodrigo thought for hours, trying to maximize his choice and finagle more wishes. The woman looked at him with disgust.
“As you wish” were the last words he heard.
He awoke on a ship bound for Oppara, a strange baby girl in his arms. All divination revealed the girl to be his daughter, and he has been honor-bound to raise her ever since.
At first, his family was glad to have another grandchild, but as she grew Isabella’s impetuous, fiery nature come to the fore and she has been a source of scandal and embarrassment to the Anṭn family for over a decade.

Alexander leah
2013-03-10, 05:58 AM
great idea, and nice results, i hate myself soo much to have missed the kickstarter project, i would have loved that pdf, i hope Giant will start to sell it in the future