PDA

View Full Version : Visiting New York

Anarion
2013-03-08, 09:20 PM
Two weeks from now is my spring break, and since this is my last year on the East Coast and I've only been there once before, I'm planning to spend a few days visiting New York City. I'll be getting in on the 16th and leaving on the 21st.

So, any giantitpers living there that want to show me around a bit? Or anything in particular that I should go see? I've been to New York once before, and I did most of the big touristy stuff that time: saw the Met and the Moma, and did part of Central Park, Empire State Building, and Times Square.

This time around I'm looking for some more interesting stuff, like good restaurants, clubs, or theaters, shows I should see, or smaller and more focused cultural stuff. Though I do plan to go back to the Moma and see the exhibit on videogames. :smallbiggrin:

I'm going to be staying with a cousin who lives near the Greenwich Village area, but the subways are pretty awesome, so I'm not too worried about getting around.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TaiLiu
2013-03-08, 09:45 PM
Chinatown's nice. The food is cheap there, and the people are interesting. Illegitimate items are sold, but they're usually of low quality; I wouldn't purchase those.

Do buy the fresh coconut juice and the Hong Kong egg cakes, though. They're usually cheap and are a good snack.